HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Bam Bam Edition: NSH vs DAL 2/26/2011

Old
02-26-2011, 05:44 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Oh, glad to hear it. Sorry if I was little snippy, myself. Yes, I was just critical of an unforced penalty at the worst time, especially by the Captain. I agree that he was just playing tough and got carried away.
Yeah it was the right time for a big hit, but not for a boarding penalty.

Last edited by CalleJAMkrok: 02-26-2011 at 05:56 PM. Reason: made it more understandable
CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:48 PM
dulzhok

To make matter worse, Legwand gets two run-of-the-mill 2nd assists to pad his stats. Maybe next time he can add a couple of more EN goals as well.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
If so, Weber should've let up on the hit. The victim turning away from the hit is not free license for the hitter to follow through with impunity. It was a clear boarding. If the victim were a Predator, you wouldn't be putting the blame on his shoulders; you'd be calling for a penalty.
Actually it kind of does. He turned away from the hit, and Weber was already beyond the point of turning back.

Quote:
There is an enormous amount of judgment involved in the application of this rule by the Referees. The onus is on the player applying the check to ensure his opponent is not in a vulnerable position and if so, he must avoid the contact. However, there is also a responsibility on the player with the puck to avoid placing himself in a dangerous and vulnerable position. This balance must be considered by the Referees when applying this rule.

Last edited by TMI: 02-26-2011 at 05:55 PM.
TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:51 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Yeah it was the right time for a big hit, but not a boarding penalty.
It was a boarding penalty...clear cut ...that doesn't mean I blame Weber for the loss

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 05:53 PM
jcupp

I know it is still a little early, but I thought when we lost to Columbus, we aren't making the playoffs. This team has done this before though and made it. I hope they prove me wrong.

I just think with what we have unless some kind of deal is done and we open up this offense, this team isn't making it.

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:36 PM
predfan24

The Weber hit was more about the Dallas player putting himself in a vulnerable position than anything. The other player has to take some responsibly in those situations. It was at the point in the game we needed the puck. Soft little poke checks weren't going to get it done so Weber has an angle on the guy and decides to separate the player from the puck with force as he has done quite often. The Dallas player turns his back to Weber at the very last second. If he wouldn't have turned he absorbs the impact fine it's just a big hit. Weber had no chance to pull up which is why he was so frustrated. Once again the players getting hit need to take some responsibility sometimes too and this is one of those situations.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Biggun35
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
To make matter worse, Legwand gets two run-of-the-mill 2nd assists to pad his stats. Maybe next time he can add a couple of more EN goals as well.
He might even break 30 points!

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Actually it kind of does. He turned away from the hit, and Weber was already beyond the point of turning back.
I disagree. He may not have been able to stop himself from making contact, but he could've let up and not followed through, so that the check wasn't as violent as it was. If you don't believe that you can stop yourself from applying full force after you've decided that you're going to, consider whenever a player winds up to blast the puck and hears a whistle or horn sound. That happens a lot and perceptive players stop themselves before shooting the puck or shoot the puck much more weakly than they had originally intended. They don't just blast the puck and say "I heard the whistle/horn, but I couldn't stop myself." Similarly, a player applying a crosscheck has enough time to decide at the last second whether he should follow through or not, IMO. BTW, the balance of responsibility referred to in the rulebook was considered by the referee and ruled to be more on Weber's side in this case, anyways.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Nitrous Mafia

glad I wasn't around today to watch this mess.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:09 PM
shootthepuck

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/W...ePlayoffs.html Theres a 48% chance we will make the playoffs... the time to surrender is not now... we are better off now than we were in late November early December. One game at a time... every game is a must win... The power of positive thinking... WE WILL BEAT COLUMBUS!

shootthepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:46 PM
predfan24

Quote:
I disagree. He may not have been able to stop himself from making contact, but he could've let up and not followed through, so that the check wasn't as violent as it was. If you don't believe that you can stop yourself from applying full force after you've decided that you're going to, consider whenever a player winds up to blast the puck and hears a whistle or horn sound. That happens a lot and perceptive players stop themselves before shooting the puck or shoot the puck much more weakly than they had originally intended. They don't just blast the puck and say "I heard the whistle/horn, but I couldn't stop myself." Similarly, a player applying a crosscheck has enough time to decide at the last second whether he should follow through or not, IMO. BTW, the balance of responsibility referred to in the rulebook was considered by the referee and ruled to be more on Weber's side in this case, anyways.
I would agree with you if the Dallas player hadn't of turned his back at the very last second. I would tell you to go watch the replay of the hit but I don't know if there is one out there. They showed a replay during the game and the Dallas player was in position to take the hit safely and turns his back to Weber at the last possible instant. There was no time for Weber to react. The conclusion was what looked like a bad hit. I'm not saying player's safety isn't a huge concern but players like the Dallas guy have to take some responsibility for protecting themselves as well and not putting themselves in position to be hurt, which is what happened here.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:25 PM
Debbie2

http://debbieshockeyphotos.smugmug.c...99516772_A3Pxe

Debbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote