HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hemsky will not be moved to the Kings unless Schenn is coming the other way

Old
02-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Pepin le bref

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperalls View Post
That's just it, the team is young, that also means contracts start coming up. The post lockout NHL and it's salary cap sure doesn't give you dynasties anymore. Look at Chicago, they had a small window and at least they made the most of it. But before they could even get over their hangovers, players had to me moved to start signing guys.
Your part right concerning the salary cap contraints but LA dosen't have albatross contrats (Huet, Campbell, Hossa) to deal with. Yes Chicago won the cup so it was worth it but LA is managed diffrently.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:15 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
I've never gotten an answer to this:

If the Kings want an "astronomical/amazing/incredible/whatever" player/return in order to deal Schenn, what team is going to do that? Why is someone going to give up that player for something based around Schenn? Why would they not look for a better return, which is bound to be offered if he's that good of a player?

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:17 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
F them.

How stupid is the Oil GM?

With arrogance like this I will laugh my ass OFF if they get stuck with nothing for the guy.

So lets say they can't make a deal and move Hemsky next year at the deadline, the return for a pure UFA rental will net them even less than they might get this year.

If a team like LA says that their potential star center prospect isn't open for consideration (and LA would HAVE to give more than just Schenn) then Edmonton either picks from their other talented players or takes their business elsewhere.

Here's the Hemsky "market" to date ... Pitt - No, LA - Hell NO.

Next.

Hey - maybe they can deal with Atlanta and get Antro and a 1st? /obvious sarcasm.
this is you just being a very very silly person who is dying to get a rise out of oiler fans and then act all innocent when they get mad
The oilers are under no pressure to move Hemsky and to suggest a GM want to get as much as he can for a player is Stupid? Gee Leaf fans have spent the last few weeks laughing at most of us at the deals Bruke has won recently at trading players when he wanted for what he wanted--not becuase he was hitting the panic switch

Oilers are under no pressure to trade Hemsky and he is still valuable to the team--so if a team wants him--they will have give something valuable for him. I think Schenn is shooting the moon--but it is starting point

So what if he leaves the oilers for nothing. HE wont be the first and he wont be the last

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver

Last edited by jumptheshark: 02-26-2011 at 07:23 PM.
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
That's just it, the team is young, that also means contracts start coming up. The post lockout NHL and it's salary cap sure doesn't give you dynasties anymore. Look at Chicago, they had a small window and at least they made the most of it. But before they could even get over their hangovers, players had to me moved to start signing guys.
They have 5 guys with cap hits over 5 million as we speak. Probably 6 guys after Seabrook's extension. We will have three after Doughty signs his deal. One of those three will be a UFA in 2012. I think we're in pretty good shape. Quick may command over 5 million but that's a little bit from now. We don't really have anyone else in the picture right now that will demand a big contract anytime soon.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
umwoz

I don't see how this trade is so attractive for LA. Are they not looking for that 30-40 goal scoring center? Hemsky is a terrific playmaking winger, but he doesn't look like the winger Kopitar has been waiting for.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Homesick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Checked the standings lately?
Of course....just because I'm an Oilers fan doesnt mean I quit looking at the standings in October
10 points separating 2nd and 10th. Kings are on a hot streak right now, but very well could hit a slump at the wrong time(could do it with or without Hemsky). Do you really think that Lombardi is comfortable with where the Kings are sitting right now. 40 points still up for grabs and 4 points from being out of the playoffs.

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:18 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
True, the Oilers better start shipping guys off before Hall, Eberle, and Paajarvi are due raises

Kopitar is signed long term. Johnson just signed a long term/team friendly contract. Doughty is still a RFA. The Kings have two young goalies signed for cheap for a couple years so they can figure out who will be the future #1. The Kings are in a very enviable position

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Aaaaaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Nieuwendyk was a cluth, goal scoring, playoff machine. Hemsky is an injury prone winger. You can see why Lombardi would hesitate, I hope.
Did you not watch the last regular season game between EDM/ANA in 06 or the playoffs that year?

Hemsky is a hell of a player and won't be moved for scraps. If he was UFA and had no intentions of resigning here maybe fans would let down their poker faces on his value.

Aaaaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
If they're one of the best four teams in the West, and adding Hemsky for nothing of the roster doesn't make them a contender, when will they ever be one?

Are they never going to contend or do you not know how good Hemsky is?
Vancouver and Detroit are much better than the rest of the West. They will be monsters in the playoffs, and even with Hemsky, I don't see us beating either team.

And trading Schenn would be stupid if it wasn't for an elite winger like Parise or a center like Stastny or a signed Richards. If we traded Schenn to the Oilers, we would lose our center depth for the future. Loktionov went down with an injury, so we don't know how fast he'll come back or if he'll be 100% next season. Zeus will also be gone next season. We need Schenn or Loktionov next season on our team in the 2nd or 3rd line role.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Spawn

Quote:

If the Kings want an "astronomical/amazing/incredible/whatever" player/return in order to deal Schenn, what team is going to do that? Why is someone going to give up that player for something based around Schenn? Why would they not look for a better return, which is bound to be offered if he's that good of a player?
Maybe I can answer it (even though I'm an Oiler fan).

The Kings don't want to trade Schenn. I think it's as simple as that. The only way they would consider trading him is for that "astronomical/amazing/incredible/whatever" player. Since that isn't going to happen they aren't going to trade him and they are going to be perfectly happy keeping him. I don't think they are looking for anything for Schenn. Other teams are calling and they aren't interested.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:20 PM
DropIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0CKET View Post
F them.

How stupid is the Oil GM?

With arrogance like this I will laugh my ass OFF if they get stuck with nothing for the guy.

So lets say they can't make a deal and move Hemsky next year at the deadline, the return for a pure UFA rental will net them even less than they might get this year.

If a team like LA says that their potential star center prospect isn't open for consideration (and LA would HAVE to give more than just Schenn) then Edmonton either picks from their other talented players or takes their business elsewhere.

Here's the Hemsky "market" to date ... Pitt - No, LA - Hell NO.

Next.

Hey - maybe they can deal with Atlanta and get Antro and a 1st? /obvious sarcasm.
Not stupid at all.

Hemsky isnt a 30 year old, he can still very much be a part of this rebuild at only 27 years of age. If we assume that rebuilding takes 3-5 years he will just be hitting the 30 mark and will be in his prime with alot of young talent and speed around him.

The Oilers are well within their right to ask for Schenn wether others see it as fair or not. Its what I would do if i were the Oilers GM. There are no other pieces on LA that would fit the rebuild and would produce the same type of player that Hemsky has turned into. The Oilers are the one in the driver seat right now, they are happy with schenn or Hemsky, and they only need to sit back and watch as La battles for a playoff spot while obviously missing that one big piece on the wing

DropIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:20 PM
kinghock

Again, today during first intermission of Kings game with Colorado Lombardi stated that he will not trade B.Schenn.
If price for Hemsky is too high, Kings simply will not buy.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Jesus

This Schenn talk on the Oilers board is making me sick and I'm not sure who overrates him more Kings fans or Oilers fans. Great prospect no doubt about it but it will take half a decade for him to put up Hemsky's current ppg if he is lucky. On the flip side the Kings don't really NEED to trade him right now anyways. They might never need to trade him. Can't wait for the deadline to pass.

Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Soundwave

The Kings don't want to move Schenn.

The Oilers don't want to trade Hemsky for just a bunch of lesser parts.

Neither team is in the wrong here.

I think a more reasonable deal for both sides would be

Penner + Cogliano
for
Simmonds + Voynov + LAK 1st

Or

Penner
for
Clifford + Forbort + LAK 1st

It is a seller's market this year for sure.

The Oilers aren't in some huge bind to trade for Schenn either because they could just draft Couturier, Nugent Hopkins, or Strome at the draft to boot, so there isn't like extreme pressure on either side.

I'm sure both sides would like to make a deal, it's just a question of what works for both sides.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Maybe I can answer it (even though I'm an Oiler fan).

The Kings don't want to trade Schenn. I think it's as simple as that. The only way they would consider trading him is for that "astronomical/amazing/incredible/whatever" player. Since that isn't going to happen they aren't going to trade him and they are going to be perfectly happy keeping him. I don't think they are looking for anything for Schenn. Other teams are calling and they aren't interested.
This.

We would also trade Schenn with more pieces like our picks, defensive prospects, maybe even guys like Wayne Simmonds, etc for an elite player.

But Hemsky isn't that guy, and he has had injury issues. He isn't the guy to put the Kings over the hump.

Dean Lombardi, last season, would not trade WAYNE SIMMONDS for KOVALCHUK.

I don't see why he would trade Schenn for Hemsky.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:22 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:

So let me get this straight, you can understand why the Oilers wouldn't trade Hemsky without Schenn being included, but you don't understand why the Kings would want a great player in return for Schenn? Because neither organization wants/needs to trade that player, it's that simple. The Kings are not actively shopping Schenn for anything less then in a package for a superstar because they are just as happy keeping him

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:23 PM
CupofOil

Honestly, i wouldn't trade Schenn for Hemsky if i was Lombardi. Hemsky doesn't put them over the top and they have great chemistry going at the perfect time so why mess with it. As an Oiler fan, i'm disappointed that we most likely won't get Schenn but i'm also glad that Tambellini "probably" won't settle for less than Schenn.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Again, today during first intermission of Kings game with Colorado Lombardi stated that he will not trade B.Schenn.
If price for Hemsky is too high, Kings simply will not buy.
thats fine.. keep him.
If Hemsky is an Oiler on tuesday then great. We will try and extend him and if not then should still get a good return for him next season.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
This Schenn talk on the Oilers board is making me sick and I'm not sure who overrates him more Kings fans or Oilers fans. Great prospect no doubt about it but it will take half a decade for him to put up Hemsky's current ppg if he is lucky. On the flip side the Kings don't really NEED to trade him right now anyways. They might never need to trade him. Can't wait for the deadline to pass.
I'm with you....

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Angelus
Smile Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin le bref View Post
Exactly. I find it amusing to read Oilers fan trying to try to convince LA fans that they absolutly need to make a push RIGHT NOW.
Interesting, because to me it looks like Kings fans really want Hemsky but don't want to part with anything but table scraps (comparatively) to get him. That's just not going to happen.

It has been stated repeatedly that there is no reason for the Oilers to trade Hemsky. What part of this do Kings fans not understand? He likes playing for the Oilers, he's a ppg player, and would be an invaluable part of a team looking to go on a playoff run. In '06 he clinched a playoff spot for the Oilers with a clutch goal and almost singlehandedly clinched the series vs. the Wings.

It has also been stated repeatedly that Oilers fans will be happy with either result. Hemsky isn't garbage, and the Oilers are not trading him away for nothing. There is no reason not to hold on to him unless they are getting quality back.

Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:

So by now you understand the likelyhood of the Kings trading Schenn. The management hold him dear, and for good reason.

But if a team wants or has to unload a "astronomical/amazing/incredible/whatever" player, is it unreasonable to think you can build a package around Schenn or include him with something else?

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:29 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

I love this thread

LA fans don't want to give up schenn and more or less oiler fans are saying that they are in no rush to trade Hemsky

it is a classic cunundrum that is just shattering the space time contunium that holds this planet together

For me as an oiler fan the math is Simple

IS Hemsky still a valuable part of the oilers? yes
IF you trade hemsky shouldn't you get something as valuable in return? Yes

Oilers are under no pressure to trade hemsky and if he leaves via UFA he does

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Pepin le bref

Quote:

They are asking for an amazing player because Schenn is not on the market...LA is keeping him.

About Hemsky, here are the issues concerning him.

- Injuries: as good as he can be, how does he help the team sitting in the pressbox?
- He is obviously a go-to guy in Edmonton, the worst team in the league. If he's not dominant enough to help a team get out of the NHL basement, how can he make LA a Stanley Cup contender? I know it's not only his fault but, part of the blame has to go to their veteran players for the Oilers awful results the last few years.

For me, Hemsky comes across a little bit of a vanilla type who's happy get the 2nd assist on power plays.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
Thank you, Jesus

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
So let me get this straight, you can understand why the Oilers wouldn't trade Hemsky without Schenn being included, but you don't understand why the Kings would want a great player in return for Schenn? Because neither organization wants/needs to trade that player, it's that simple. The Kings are not actively shopping Schenn for anything less then in a package for a superstar because they are just as happy keeping him
Well it seems pretty clear the Kings want Hemsky more than the Oilers want Schenn. Either way though, I can understand the value of the two might be pretty similar. If things go well for Schenn, someday he might turn out to be as good as Hemsky is.

But it seems that LA (fans, anyway) would want a much better player than Hemsky. That's where the disconnect comes in for me, because it seems so unrealistic. What team is in the position to trade players like that (there aren't a whole lot of them), for something centred around Schenn?

Anyone can say they wouldn't trade a player unless a superstar is coming back. In many instances it just seems a lot more ridiculous than others, in my opinion.

Seachd is offline   Reply With Quote