HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ribeiro anywhere. (STL, ATL, FLA, TOR, BUF)?

Old
02-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues57 View Post
I will swap Boyes for Ribeiro in a heartbeat.
Good thing you're not Doug Armstrong, then.

Ribeiro is krampf...

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Most reasonable Stars fans will tell you trading Ribeiro, particularly given Richards' impending UFA status, is dumb even if you get a decent return. Dumping him for a random collection of useless parts is the height of stupidity.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter471 View Post
Most reasonable Stars fans will tell you trading Ribeiro, particularly given Richards' impending UFA status, is dumb even if you get a decent return. Dumping him for a random collection of useless parts is the height of stupidity.
I didn't ask for Lebda, Johnny Malkin and Toronto's 7th round pick...

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
I didn't ask for Lebda, Johnny Malkin and Toronto's 7th round pick...
Not quite, but it doesn't change the fact that Ribeiro's a top-calibre center in the NHL, signed to a manageable deal for what, two more seasons? Our other center is free to leave after this season, though most Stars fans would rather he stays.

If we manage to sign Richards by Monday, then if you need to shop Ribs for more defensive help go right ahead. But the thought of Nieuwendyk even toying with the idea of losing both is rather nauseating.

I hope to see Richards-Ribeiro down the middle for the Stars for the end of this season and the start of the next one, unless an offer comes along that we can't really say no to.

To trade Ribs now when so much is uncertain, just doesn't make sense to me.

02-26-2011, 09:00 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

About the only thing that makes sense is if you can trade him to a team like LA and get a bucket load of top notch prospects. Dare a bring up Schenn? Ribiero setting up Kopitar is just scary.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:55 PM
Lunatik*

It wouldn't be a deadline type deal, but if Richards signs in Dallas I would be willing to work around Ribeiro

maybe Sarich & Stajan for Ribeiro & Burish?

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:09 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Stars fans wanting to unload Ribeiro makes me sad.

Sure he's not an 80 point Center like he used to be, but 60-70 point guys don't grow on trees. Plus I guarantee you Morrow's goal scoring will drop without Ribeiro.

You need two solid lines to stay competitive in today's NHL. Our offense is all we have going for us, losing Richards and Ribeiro would completely gut us.

Only willing to unload Ribero if we're complete rebuilding around youth, in which case we should also trade Morrow, Robidas, Ott, and Skrats.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:10 PM
iceless
-`ღ-

I think Ribeiro goes to Atlanta. He has family connections there, so it's my best guess.

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
It wouldn't be a deadline type deal, but if Richards signs in Dallas I would be willing to work around Ribeiro

maybe Sarich & Stajan for Ribeiro & Burish?
Burish goes no where.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Rush22*

Ribeiro has dirty hands... too bad he seems unwilling to do the dirty work to be a top line center in the NHL.

If I were Dallas I would sign Richards to a huge extension and trade Ribeiro.

Rush22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:09 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Well, I think it's about time we traded Mike Ribeiro.

Any takers?

I was thinking someone like Boyes, Jackman, Sarich, Antropov, Weiss, Komisarek, Connolly, Pominville?

Bueller? Anyone? Please?
Connolly? Hell yes. Done.

BuiltTagonTough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:38 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush22 View Post
Ribeiro has dirty hands... too bad he seems unwilling to do the dirty work to be a top line center in the NHL.

If I were Dallas I would sign Richards to a huge extension and trade Ribeiro.
Huh? Ribeiro does more than his fair share of "dirty work", far more than he gets credit for, and far more than our 1A center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Stars fans wanting to unload Ribeiro makes me sad.

Sure he's not an 80 point Center like he used to be, but 60-70 point guys don't grow on trees. Plus I guarantee you Morrow's goal scoring will drop without Ribeiro.

You need two solid lines to stay competitive in today's NHL. Our offense is all we have going for us, losing Richards and Ribeiro would completely gut us.

Only willing to unload Ribero if we're complete rebuilding around youth, in which case we should also trade Morrow, Robidas, Ott, and Skrats.
Seems that we can amend that and just leave it at "Stars fan", singular.

I would actually disagree with your second point; to me we have two 1st line centers. With the exception of absolute superstars on juggernaut teams, it's pretty rare to have two centers right at or above 80 points. Ribeiro took a back seat with his one wing-man (Morrow) to Richards and his (until recently) two wing-men (Loui, Neal). Put Eriksson on Ribeiro's wing and he easily gets back to that 80+ point level.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Schennanigans

If Dallas dealt Riberio I'd really start questioning if Joe is still sane. You guys just dealt Neal, may lose Richards, and than Riberio too? A team with depth at forward suddenly looks a little thin, is this what you guys want? At least wait and see what happens with Richards before you ship out any more offense.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl2VinceNeil View Post
I think he would be a good fit with Buffalo. Maybe a straight up swap for Connolly. Doubt Dallas would pull the trigger though.
Puh-leeze. Ribiero is no different than Connolly except for being $500K more expensive. He wouldn't represent anything but a lateral move IMO.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:05 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Burish goes no where.
thats fine, i don't overly like him, I just included him to even out salaries and even out the value just a little...

what about Sarich & Stajan for Ribeiro and Sawada?

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Puh-leeze. Ribiero is no different than Connolly except for being $500K more expensive. He wouldn't represent anything but a lateral move IMO.
Except for Ribeiro being a better player and actually playing full seasons right?

Brand New Stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:22 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
thats fine, i don't overly like him, I just included him to even out salaries and even out the value just a little...

what about Sarich & Stajan for Ribeiro and Sawada?
How about no? FF is the only Stars fan that wants Ribeiro gone. Stajan is extremely overpaid and not wanted in Dallas at all.

Brand New Stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:30 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

The guy begging for a lock at the beginning of this pretty much nailed it. You have 2 good centers right now and one is a UFA. So you trade the other one why? Jesus.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:31 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
If Dallas dealt Riberio I'd really start questioning if Joe is still sane. You guys just dealt Neal, may lose Richards, and than Riberio too? A team with depth at forward suddenly looks a little thin, is this what you guys want? At least wait and see what happens with Richards before you ship out any more offense.
Joe has proven to be "huh?!" at best as a GM. Not every class ex-All Star is fit to run a franchise, it seems.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:38 AM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
I agree about Joe being an idiot if he trades Ribeiro, but honestly trading Neal did not make me go "LOLOMGFAIL!111" like half of HFBoards did; and if Richards isn't signed it won't be because Joe didn't try, it will be because the ownership (or lack thereof) situation wasn't stable enough for Richards to want to resign.

Again. FF is the only one who seems to have forgotten to take his meds today; the rest of us Stars fans are WTFing with the rest of you guys.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote