HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

AK+Eller

Old
02-27-2011, 12:38 AM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
Wow are some of you gullible

So, the new excuse for AK's garbage play, is Scott Gomez, LOL.
Please find me one player on this team that has performed better with Scott Gomez at even strenght than with other linemates....

It is not a coincidence that immediately after leaving Gomez that Gionta started scoring.

It is not a coincidence that immediately after leaving Gomez Kostitsyn started producing.

Hell even Maxime Lapierre scored 2 goals right after the game he was removed from Scott Gomez's line.

If you want to mention Max Pacioretty as a guy who has produced more with Scott Gomez (I don't know if that is true) than so be it...but don't tell me his play slowed down when he played without Gomez and with Pleks.

On L'antichambre Lemay and Gagnon even said Gomez says the guys he plays with have to bury the chances he provides them with for him to produce. So ALL the blame that can be placed on him, HE himself transfers on to his linemates inability to put the puck in the net.

So why Scotty as all your linemates producing at a much higher rate away from you than with you?

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:47 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Please find me one player on this team that has performed better with Scott Gomez at even strenght than with other linemates....

It is not a coincidence that immediately after leaving Gomez that Gionta started scoring.

It is not a coincidence that immediately after leaving Gomez Kostitsyn started producing.

Hell even Maxime Lapierre scored 2 goals right after the game he was removed from Scott Gomez's line.

If you want to mention Max Pacioretty as a guy who has produced more with Scott Gomez (I don't know if that is true) than so be it...but don't tell me his play slowed down when he played without Gomez and with Pleks.

On L'antichambre Lemay and Gagnon even said Gomez says the guys he plays with have to bury the chances he provides them with for him to produce. So ALL the blame that can be placed on him, HE himself transfers on to his linemates inability to put the puck in the net.

So why Scotty as all your linemates producing at a much higher rate away from you than with you?
I wish I could give this post a thumbs up or something.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:54 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post

I don't need to find anything. AK has sucked long and hard for a long time....with SG or without him. Blaming Gomez on AK tripping over bluelines, flubbing shots or generation turnovers against, is preposterous. This is typical, the guy has 2-3 decent games, and all of a sudden, it's not his fault that for the rest of the games, he has sucked....no matter who his linemates were. C'mon, wake up and smell the coffee. AK sucks. At least most of the time, he sucks.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:27 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
I don't need to find anything. AK has sucked long and hard for a long time....with SG or without him. Blaming Gomez on AK tripping over bluelines, flubbing shots or generation turnovers against, is preposterous. This is typical, the guy has 2-3 decent games, and all of a sudden, it's not his fault that for the rest of the games, he has sucked....no matter who his linemates were. C'mon, wake up and smell the coffee. AK sucks. At least most of the time, he sucks.
Gomez paying you off or something?

You're telling other people to wake up when you're the one who doesn't get it. Gomez is directly responsible for everyone on his line not playing well. He works hard but his style just doesn't work the other players on the team. AK is a beast when he's on his game and one way to make sure he's off his game his to play him with Gomez. Now the problem is deciding who has to bite the bullet and play on Gomez' line.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:29 AM
compile

vCash: 611
I'm going to come out and say it. If either of these guys gets traded this fan will be pissed.
Andrei is playing so much better now an he's actually using his linemates more.

Eller is the best passer on this team. If you pay attention to his little 1-3 foot pass (board play) you'll see that he makes them 95% and are some of te hardest passes to complete.

They are both physical players. Eller need to put on another 10-15lbs.

God finally Eller can show what he has by playing his natural position.

On the contrary. I do not like Gomez or our captain right at all

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:55 AM
FF de Mars

Yeah, I'm a fan of Eller and AK playing alongside ! They compliment each other.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:45 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

Quote:
If you don't believe in the Gomez effect, read this

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...MontrealSports

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:44 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Interesting. For once, AK is not the biggest player on his line.

Is it possible that AK would perform more with a guy like Lucic?
We have no such player but Eller and Moen can certainly help!
Well Lucic is more of a Latendresse finesse guy these days. He doesn't have to prove it all anymore.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:04 AM
jamz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Andrei and Eller are good together, they should be roomies. I'm positive some of Lars' character would rub off on; him he seems like a geniune good person and a hard working kid. Not that Andrei isn't, but he needs to find a new "bro" to hang out with imo and Eller is the perfect fit.
Maybe some AK would rub off on Eller though :/

jamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:13 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
More proof that these need to be our lines

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Eller-Cammy
Pouliot-Desharnais-White
Moen-Gomez-Darche/Pyatt

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:26 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Okay, so AK has played well the last week, but do people seriously look at his body of work in the last few years and in the playoffs last year and analyze what time of player he is?

One word ...MOODY!

When he "wants" to play he can hit, and shoot, he never looks like he is skating too hard.

But please, if you think one or two games are going to make him turn around his work ethic, your dilusional.

Part of this is JM's fault, Eller was a center and really should have been playing that position the entire year instead of getting bounced around all over the place.

Kostitsyn on the other hand was on PLeky's line and showed little after the first month.

AK for Raymond??? I think that could be good for both teams.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:12 AM
psychonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Kostitsyn-Eller-Cammy
Pouliot-Desharnais-White
Moen-Gomez-Darche/Pyatt

The only problem is Gomez suck at defense. So really he suck everywhere except in the neutral zone. There he is pretty good.

But to stay on topic of AK/Eller I think they might not trade AK away now. If the return suck might as well see where this duo goes. If its goes really well, might add a other offences forward too this line Cammy or Gionta.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:47 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Besides that 1st line spot, but I think yes.

Cammy-Pleks-?????
Pacioretty-Eller-Gionta
Pouliot-Desharnais-Leblanc
White/Schultz/VETCENTER/Conboy/Pyatt
By the time LeBlanc makes it to the NHL (two years in the AHL) Gionta will be 35 years old, in the last year of his contract and probably not much more than a role player.

You have guys like Schultz pencilled in (zero points in the AHL) as well as Pyatt who will likely have to show more to hold his position on the team.

This proposal needs a little more thought.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:52 AM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
By the time LeBlanc makes it to the NHL (two years in the AHL) Gionta will be 35 years old, in the last year of his contract and probably not much more than a role player.

You have guys like Schultz pencilled in (zero points in the AHL) as well as Pyatt who will likely have to show more to hold his position on the team.

This proposal needs a little more thought.
We wouldn't be bringing up Schultz for his point gathering abilities. You say by the time Leblanc makes the NHL, are you saying Schultz will not develop at all in that period?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:22 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Actually, I don't believe AK's sucking slum was Gomez's responsibilities. It's just that AK needs a special kind of center to make him shine, like Plek or (apparently) Ellers.

Put him with Gomez, who, while being a good center by himself (or at least was in another life), simply ain't the kind of center AK needs. Thu they both end up sucking baaaaad...

Eller and AK have chemistry, and hopefully, it'll help develop both of them.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:44 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Okay, so AK has played well the last week, but do people seriously look at his body of work in the last few years and in the playoffs last year and analyze what time of player he is?

One word ...MOODY!

When he "wants" to play he can hit, and shoot, he never looks like he is skating too hard.

But please, if you think one or two games are going to make him turn around his work ethic, your dilusional.

Part of this is JM's fault, Eller was a center and really should have been playing that position the entire year instead of getting bounced around all over the place.

Kostitsyn on the other hand was on PLeky's line and showed little after the first month.

AK for Raymond??? I think that could be good for both teams.
This must be a joke , do you actually watch the habs?

For the first month of hockey this season (right before Martin got the genious idea to downgrade Ak with a struggling Gomez) our 3 best players were : 1) Price 2) Plekanec 3) Andrei Kostitsyn , everyone was saying he was finally become the player he demonstrated flashes of before...

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Wow are some of you gullible

So, the new excuse for AK's garbage play, is Scott Gomez, LOL.
I don't see a well thought out argument in your post. In which anatomic recess are you hiding it? Two game-winning goals in the last three games, plus assists. Of course you noticed that Cammalleri was unproductive whenever he played on a line with Gomez. What's Cammalleri's excuse? How about Eller with Gomez? Pyatt with Gomez? Moen with Gomez? Gionta's slow start with Gomez? They're all garbage but Gomez is a gemstone. Pacioretty did OK, but Gomez leaned on him like a crutch rather than the other way around. AK? He's done well with Eller and also with Plekanec. That suggests he he has something to contribute in addition to the hact that he's leadiung the Habs in hits. He has no competition in that category.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
almostjesus*

Everyone kept complaining about Akost for months, I KNOW he has a beast in him, he showed it in the play offs, he showed it earlier this season.

He needs a wing man. He needs someone to click with him to bring that beast back out and that person is Cammalleri. As far as I'm concerned, Cammy and Akost are the only players that I ever see getting down on one knee to make that hard shot.

almostjesus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 08:26 AM
crystal ball

Interesting breakdown of Gomez' effect on his wingers: http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/201...ez-effect.html

Seems that it's a very good thing for AK46 to be moved onto Eller's line, but it would be better if he were back on Plekanec's.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:14 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
Interesting breakdown of Gomez' effect on his wingers: http://habsloyalist.blogspot.com/201...ez-effect.html

Seems that it's a very good thing for AK46 to be moved onto Eller's line, but it would be better if he were back on Plekanec's.
Gomez got to go !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:23 PM
habsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

Kostitsyn-Eller-Cammy
Pouliot-Desharnais-White
Moen-Gomez-Darche/Pyatt
Probably the best combos that could be made. Gomez has way too much ice time and that prevent our young player that still has potential to develop. Your combos are the best both for immediate peformance and for developpement, but it seems that Martin thinks differnetly.

habsfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 01:45 PM

Agreed.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Maxpac

I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but are those 2 amazing together or what?! I've never been mor eoptimistic about a prospect as a I am with Lars Eller. The kid's got it all, size, speed, strengh, hearth, passing, shot, etc. It's not only his offensive numbers, lately we have seen his defensive game step up a couple notches. When was the last time we had a center who would physically challenge Vincent Lecavalier on the boards? I think that the best thing about the whole line is that no matter how big or talented or disciplined the team is in front of them, the line always adapts fast. Love it...

Maxpac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:17 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but are those 2 amazing together or what?! I've never been mor eoptimistic about a prospect as a I am with Lars Eller. The kid's got it all, size, speed, strengh, hearth, passing, shot, etc. It's not only his offensive numbers, lately we have seen his defensive game step up a couple notches. When was the last time we had a center who would physically challenge Vincent Lecavalier on the boards? I think that the best thing about the whole line is that no matter how big or talented or disciplined the team is in front of them, the line always adapts fast. Love it...
It's nice to see Eller doing better. At 21, he should bulk up a bit more and he has looked great caring the puck up the neutral zone.
Andrei is Andrei, I guess it's always disappointing wen you imaging him scoring 40+....I guess high expectation have always been over the hill for him but now, he plays really good with Eller.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Moen even plays great with them tbh. I always got annoyed before when he was put on a line with 2 offensive guys (usually Plek-Cammy or Gomez-Gionta), but with Eller and AK he seems to just fit.

And this line is big and can handle themselves against anyone. No one is going to push them around and intimidate them, and they can give just as much as they take.

Eller is a beast too. So happy to see that he's emerging. I was worried that he would indeed need to go back in the AHL at some point, but now I think he proved that it won't be necessary. He clearly is adapting to the NHL game very well.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote