HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

If Kennedy gets put on recall waivers.

Old
02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
SabresParadise294

vCash: 500
For the love of all that is holy, leave this Kennedy outta this team. Think about the needs of the our team, would picking up someone who had 10 goals and 16 assists really fix any of our problems. He's had ample opportunities to prove himself here, lets bury this one please.

SabresParadise294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:52 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
You can argue for not wanting Kennedy back for a number of legitimate reasons. But everything you say about him being a horrible player is absolute garbage. Kennedy had a solid rookie year. Ten goals and 26 points. He showed some spunk and grit. He had some big defensive lapses because he was tasked on many nights with playing as a shut-down center (a lot to ask a young guy), but on the whole, he was solid in his own zone (including with some PK).

Kennedy was a perfectly capable NHL player. Maybe he failed to work hard in the offseason. Maybe he wasn't worth a million bucks. Maybe Quinn was feeling vindictive. We can debate those things all we want. But he was in no way a bad player while here.
I think some are forgeting how bad he was for a majority of the regular season last year. Many were screaming for him to be sent down. He played well in the playoffs which has erased his regular season struggles from everyone's mind.

He was someone I wanted to see return and I thought his playoffs was something he could build off. But he is hardly someone that was a huge factor in the teams success, as the OP is trying to assert.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Reddawg

Does Kennedy even have to pass re-entry waivers to be called up to Florida? That doesn't seem right if they just traded for him.

Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:11 PM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltTagonTough View Post
Wow...just...wow

You're gonna judge Pegula if we don't put a claim on a player we don't need simply because he's from Buffalo and you feel he got screwed last year?

They didn't want to hand him a roster spot, so they got rid of him.

It's over.
If he were to be on reentry and we did claim him I'd realize that pegula likes guys who get bumped off the puck by 41 year olds.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:12 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Why so many people are letting this one poster keep Tim Kennedy relevant around here is beyond me. He's a dime-a-dozen NHL player. He's a guy who's going to put up pretty good numbers in the AHL, but will never be much in the NHL. The comment that the Pegula era will be defined by whether they pick up Kennedy on waivers would be laughable if it was so transparently trying to evoke a conversation about the OP's favorite player.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 11:13 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I think some are forgeting how bad he was for a majority of the regular season last year. Many were screaming for him to be sent down. He played well in the playoffs which has erased his regular season struggles from everyone's mind.

He was someone I wanted to see return and I thought his playoffs was something he could build off. But he is hardly someone that was a huge factor in the teams success, as the OP is trying to assert.
I disagree. I think he was a very big part of the bottom 6 during the first half (or so) of the season - which was a big strength of last year's team at the time.

As began to struggle with the length and physical demands of the NHL season, so did the bottom 6, and as a result the team was nowhere near as good defensively as they were over the first 30-40 games of the regular season.

Tim and his linemates were a big part of the team's early success.

jflory81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:10 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Tim Kennedy???

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Absolutely. Pegula retained Regier.
Soooo...? If Darcy doesn't go after Kennedy, it's because he isn't needed on this team. A decision 99% of people would agree with.

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
For the love of God, enough about Tim Kennedy. He's not coming back and he's not what the team needs right now.
QFT

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:44 AM
barcs

The only thing I remember about TK was Recchi making him look like a ragdoll in the playoffs.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:21 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
No Thank You.

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:50 AM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
You can argue for not wanting Kennedy back for a number of legitimate reasons. But everything you say about him being a horrible player is absolute garbage. Kennedy had a solid rookie year. Ten goals and 26 points. He showed some spunk and grit. He had some big defensive lapses because he was tasked on many nights with playing as a shut-down center (a lot to ask a young guy), but on the whole, he was solid in his own zone (including with some PK).

Kennedy was a perfectly capable NHL player. Maybe he failed to work hard in the offseason. Maybe he wasn't worth a million bucks. Maybe Quinn was feeling vindictive. We can debate those things all we want. But he was in no way a bad player while here.
Well said, that's just how i feel. I don't want Kennedy back, but he had a decent Rookie-season and wasn't a bad player at all.

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Hasek's actually playing at a fairly high level in the KHL right now. Leads the league in shutouts IIRC.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote