HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Svatos claimed off waivers by Ottawa

Old
02-24-2011, 02:38 PM
token grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
cant imagine why Ottawa would claim Svatos unles they just need a cheap warm body for the rest of the year but you'd think they would bring up a prospect for that.

also, can OTT trade him now or does he have to go back through waivers first?
they needed a cheap warm body to replace kovalev

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 03:41 PM
braindead

On Rivet:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
he's absolutely horrible. i'd rather continue playing Sulzer, and I'm not a Sulzer fan.
There probably are at least 10 posters on hfboards that would be higher than him on our depth chart.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I liked him in his San Jose days and also his first year in Buffalo. Don't remember much after that though.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Just curious, has anybody heard or read anything from the Braintrust as to why exactly Svatos was waived. Honestly I haven't heard anything or read any quotes now he's been claimed. I was interested in hearing from the them how the Preds didn't need any scoring help and didn't have any room on the roster for Svatos. Maybe they knew it didn't make any sense and was hoping no one would ask?

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:23 PM
deanwormer

I really hate this move; coulda slid him in with Leggy and Horny, let Colin center JP and Ward, put Toots with Spaling and Smitty, and let them roll. Not saying Svatos was "the answer" but I'm not sure that getting lines and roles settled doesn't go a long way to getting Preds back on track.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:46 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Just curious, has anybody heard or read anything from the Braintrust as to why exactly Svatos was waived. Honestly I haven't heard anything or read any quotes now he's been claimed. I was interested in hearing from the them how the Preds didn't need any scoring help and didn't have any room on the roster for Svatos. Maybe they knew it didn't make any sense and was hoping no one would ask?
"Not part of the long term plan." was the only thing I ever heard.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
"Not part of the long term plan." was the only thing I ever heard.
Thanks. I'm always interested in hearing what they have to say and then trying to read between the lines, particularly when the moves they make leave behind questions. Like I said, I just hadn't really heard anything.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Found it. OTF (Dirk asking Trotz about Svatos):

"His response (paraphrased, thanks to my piece of $&%! voice recorder which dropped the file) was that they felt they already had enough of what Svatos brought to the team between guys like Sullivan & Dumont."

Old
02-27-2011, 11:04 AM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

"His response (paraphrased, thanks to my piece of $&%! voice recorder which dropped the file) was that they felt they already had enough of what Svatos brought to the team between guys like Sullivan & Dumont."

lol what

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
lol what
Predslogic.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:51 AM
token grinder

i understand it. svatos is like those two guys. getting older and not adept at scoring goals. and i say goals because SVATOS ONLY HAD ONE!

we didn't lose anything special.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:09 PM
OpenWheel

I agree. We got all excited because he looked good right out of the gate, mostly with Leggy and Wilson. But the line cooled off a bit after the quick start. Now Trotz finally reunites Legwand and Wilson, and they help get two goals. I don't think it was Svatos as much as the other two can both play a little if Trotz doesn't put one of our offensive anchors in the third spot. Svatos was ok. But I am not so surprised they let him go.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:18 PM
jcupp

Dude c'mon. HE NEVER HAD A GOOD CHANCE!!!!

Played 9 games. the last 3 he probably played only 4-5 min. if that. I think he only had 4 games of decent ice time.

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:31 PM
OpenWheel

Well he's gone now. Not much sense all of us getting bent about it. If he wasn't getting quality ice time, than how does it hurt us that he's gone?

It was probably killing Trotz not to have Ward or Tootoo up on the line. He had to get rid of Svatos to clear that spot.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:36 PM
jcupp

This is a message board. This is where you come to get bent. Right now there is a lot to get bent about.

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:16 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

Technically Trotz is right. We had enough players misused (i.e. Sullivan on a scoring line and Dumont on a fourth line). Why did we need another player who could have actually helped, but instead played fourth line minutes?

I'm not really all that pissed about the move, though. I never really wanted Svatos, and he wasn't going to answer our offensive problems. I do, however, have a huge problem with the explanation.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Stranger

Meh, Svatos looked useless for us, maybe had something to do with the injuries, but he wasn't fitting in. He was playing soft and wasn't scoring (just like Dumont and Sullivan). Wish him the best for the Senators.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote