HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bogosian to New York Islanders (E4)

Old
02-27-2011, 10:56 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

vCash: 500
Would not be happy is Bailey is the centerpiece of this deal

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Otto91

Bailey and Martinek for BoGo

Perhaps Bailey and Hillen For Bogo

You would have to think Atlanta wants 2 players that can give them a push for a playoff spot.....

I would Doubt Snow would Deal Moulson, JT, Okposo, Franz N. , Grabner

Bailey, PaP, Comeau seem the most likely forwards Snow would deal
You would have to think Snow would deal Dehann , Martinek, and Pap for Bogo

Otto91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Otto91

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Would not be happy either but to Get Bogo....Isles will need to give up a decent player , prospect, and perhaps a pick...

Would Rather DeHann, Martinek, and Pap...for Bogo....or Comeau

Otto91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:02 AM
canucksfan

Eklund on Sportsnet a few years back was hilarious.

canucksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:11 AM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Also E4 last month, Moulson to Boston

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:12 AM
GE0

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I wouldn't either, if I was a Thrashers fan.

GE0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Baily's not a top line player, or a 2nd line player.

If it doesn't start with Okposo, Dudley hangs up. We already know how bad these rumors are, Dudley doesn't make bad trades.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:27 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Snow's interest in Bogo was first reported at the 2008 draft by other media members.He reportedly tried and failed to move up from 5th into the top 3 for one of the big d-men.

I don't think Snow wanting Bogo now,2 yrs later, is some sort of stretch.But I do question whether Eklund's accurate about the return Atlanta and the Isles are discussing or if this trade is a strong possibilty.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:31 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Baily's not a top line player, or a 2nd line player.

If it doesn't start with Okposo, Dudley hangs up. We already know how bad these rumors are, Dudley doesn't make bad trades.
Then Dudley hangs up.

Bogo would be nice,but with the way young Hamonic+MacDonald are developing in the nhl (playing well in the top 4)and with De Haan/Kessel/Donovan getting closer to being nhl ready,Bogo is is not a must have.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:40 AM
goal1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
What top line players do NYI have outside of Okposo/Tavares?

Matt Moulson

goal1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:41 AM
birddog*

Eklund is getting some good ad revenue - page is plastered with ads - be sure to click and check out his bogus rumors.

The formula is well known - report every single rumor out there + add a couple bogus ones of your own - then when a trade does happen you'll surely have written something about the player.

This **** had Kaberle going to Montreal as a strong possibility--after the trade to Boston was already done. Now there's some sources for you.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Magnus Fulgur

Every time Dudley has talked about trading Bogosian, he's emphasized "I told everyone just give me an offer" and that he was in the Kings org. when they got that Wayne dude. He's not actively trading Bogosian...he's 100% taking calls. He's not going to set the value, he's letting the market set the value, and it's getting higher and higher.

Snow likes Bogosian, Bogosian would be closer to home in NYI. Atlanta was keen on Neiderretter (sp) and thought they might move up to take him if needed. Instead, they had Burmistrov lined up.

NYI needs Bogosian waaaay more than Atlanta does.

ATL needs skilled forwards waaaay more than the Islanders do.

A Bogosian/Bergfors package could be a great package to do a substantial deal with NYI.

Magnus Fulgur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:02 PM
No Need To Vanek

If we can get him for Bailey and a prospect, I will do backflips. Get it done Garth!

No Need To Vanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:10 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
Every time Dudley has talked about trading Bogosian, he's emphasized "I told everyone just give me an offer" and that he was in the Kings org. when they got that Wayne dude. He's not actively trading Bogosian...he's 100% taking calls. He's not going to set the value, he's letting the market set the value, and it's getting higher and higher.

Snow likes Bogosian, Bogosian would be closer to home in NYI. Atlanta was keen on Neiderretter (sp) and thought they might move up to take him if needed. Instead, they had Burmistrov lined up.

ATL needs skilled forwards waaaay more than the Islanders do.

A Bogosian/Bergfors package could be a great package to do a substantial deal with NYI.

No interest in Bergfors and please explain why the nyi need Bogo Waaaay more then Atlanta?Forget the names on the back of the jerseys and where players were drafted.I'm a lot more concerned with how they're developing.

24 yr old MacDonald has outplayed Bogo the last 2 seasons.The 20 yr old rookie Hamonic, has outplayed Bogo this yr.Both have played well enough to raise the question,of whether they can be the isles first pairing over the next decade.

Add in the isles top defensive prospect De Haan,who's upside is considered to be higher then Hamonic's and I'm scratching my head over your comment that the Isles need Bogo waaaay more then Atlanta does.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Mustang2750

If you read the rumor it says a "current top line player"

This means Moulson - Tavares - Parenteau.

Isles will not get rid of Moulson or JT.

Parenteau and a prospect for Bogo.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:15 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-Eric Iannicello View Post
There's a top prospect in Bridgeport?
There best prospects are either in junior or on the team right now. As for Bridgeport players who might hold a little value

Ty Wishart - currently on the Islanders roster, could help them now and in the future. This guy would make most sense if he wasn't up on the Islanders for the past month(since that doesn't really make him a Bridgeport player)

Rhett Rakhshani - leading scorer for the team, I don't think he holds much value but could be a serviceable NHL player in the future(say somebody like Versteeg)

David Ullstrom - another guy who could turn out to be a serviceable player in the NHL

Kevin Poulin/Mikko Koskinen - if Atlanta wants a goalie one of these 2 guys could be traded. Of the 2 I would assume Poulin holds more value but he is injured for the rest of the season

All that being said outside of Poulin(and even that's streching it) none of these guys are "top" prospects

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:16 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
If you read the rumor it says a "current top line player"

This means Moulson - Tavares - Parenteau.

Isles will not get rid of Moulson or JT.

Parenteau and a prospect for Bogo.
I'd consider this rumor to have real legs if Botta or Mckenzie were reporting it.

Heck even katie Strang

Old
02-27-2011, 12:16 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Where the heck does he get this stuff?

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Mustang2750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I'd consider this rumor to have real legs if Botta or Mckenzie were reporting it.

Heck even katie Strang
Hopefully you are right because I don't want to give up any of our forwards except for Parenteau and I don't want to lose any of our prospects from Bridgeport.

Mustang2750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 677
Just imagine the horror if Eklund manages to have his blind hen moment this deadline. We have to endure a year of people saying he has been pretty accurate lately.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Hopefully you are right because I don't want to give up any of our forwards except for Parenteau and I don't want to lose any of our prospects from Bridgeport.
If we can give up a forward on our team not named Tavares or Okposo as well as any player on Bridgeport for Bogosian, I don't think about it twice. That's to good of a potential deal for the Islanders not to take a chance(which is probably why it never will happen unless the Islanders include of of there better prospects not on Bridgeport)

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Ya gotta give to get.I just don't think with the way MacDonald and Hamonic are developing on the nhl level,along with the way De Haan/Kessel/Donovan are developing,that Bogo is some sort of must have for the isles D.

I'm sure Dudley's talked to a bunch of teams.Snow's doing his job:kicking the tires.
I expect there will be teams that are a lot thinner on blueline prospects then the NYI,who'll be more willing to 'overwhelm' Dudley.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
What top line players do NYI have outside of Okposo/Tavares?
moulson and then nino in a few years. the pick they have this year could produce a top line player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxostoma Rufum View Post
i disagree. isles have mark streit, a top 20 dman in the NHL, then they have andrew macdonald and travis hamonic who are tearing it up as young players stepping it up with all the injuries and are being given top pair minutes and are succeeding with it.

with those three as the top 3, there is no immediate need to go out and trade a whole lot to make it a stacked top 4 with de haan along the way as well. they could trade a lot to get bogo, but it cant involve okposo, tavares, moulson or nino. i do very much want that other top dman (a number two) but id rather give it a go in free agency then rob peter to pay paul (i.e. no trading okposo)

isles wont trade okposo, he will very very likely be our captain next year. bailey is more likely if isles were involved. he has struggled this year but he still shows flashes of what he was drafted for. it would be bailey+ for sure, but idk how big or who the plus is.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:30 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Seriously? I would give up the entire Bridgeport roster for Bogosian. Who there is better than a fringe prospect? Maybe Ullstrom and Koskinen. And I would gladly give both as part of a deal for a young dman with top-pairing upside.

kasper11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 12:33 PM
odgersfan83

Don't see it happening. I guess Tavares for Bogosian would be logical.

Young, underacheiving forward with massive potential for a young, underacheiving defenseman with massive potential.

I guess a change of scenery might be good for them. ATL would have to throw in something else. Probably a 2nd or solid prospect.

odgersfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote