Notices

Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2011, 09:20 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

vCash: 500
Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE) Part II

Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the offical Ticket Thread for the upcoming season. It is here you can announce you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

Poster must post the ticket price.

HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to original thread: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=777148&page=45

Note: I realize the previous thread was closed in the middle of a conversation about STH renewals, but please understand it was well over 1000 posts.

Last edited by WickedBruinsGirl: 02-25-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old
02-25-2011, 09:26 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

So it doesn't get lost... This user is looking for tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBombay9 View Post
looking for 2 for thursdays game. PM if you got any

Old
02-26-2011, 08:40 AM
NHRonin

Not to brag, but I just scored two tix for the March 29th tilt against the Hawks. Taking my son who is coming home on leave from the Air Force.

The only thing he wanted to do besides eat his mother's cooking was go to a Bs game and get a Bs tattoo. Gotta love the hockey fans.

Old
02-26-2011, 09:17 AM
redbull
Expect more

heading to boston and hoping to see tampa-bruins march 4th...any advice re: tickets and any tips about seating, sight lines in the arena, seats to avoid or where best value is?

also, anything a hockey fan "must see" in boston? (going for work but extending my stay for no apparent reason)

Old
02-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
heading to boston and hoping to see tampa-bruins march 4th...any advice re: tickets and any tips about seating, sight lines in the arena, seats to avoid or where best value is?

also, anything a hockey fan "must see" in boston? (going for work but extending my stay for no apparent reason)

The Tampa game is Thurs March 3rd.

Seating is definitely one of those to each their own things. The best value for your money imo is balcony seats between the blue lines. With center ice seats you have the same vantage point all 3 periods. Being on the end the B's shoot twice is great. But the other period it isn't so much. Although balconies offer a good bang for your buck, many just prefer to be closer to the ice and see the game at a faster pace. If your one of these people I still think you want to sit in the higher row loge seats. My last game was in loge 4 row 4. Honestly the seats were not very good. I found myself looking up at the HDX video screen whenever the puck was on the opposite end of the ice. On top of this the seats in this section were retractable. They were neither comfortable or sturdy. That said, when the puck was on our end of the ice the seats from a viewing perspective were great. But to pay that much to sit close to the ice in uncomfortable seats when 50% of the game you are looking at the video screen is stupid. The best seats of the house imo are loge seats between the blue lines rows 10 and up. If money wasn't a object I would sit in loge 1 or 12 between rows 12-15. If the fans in the club seats weren't so lifeless I would probably sit there. As there are some nice amenities that come with them. Money being a object, center ice balconies in 316 or 301 middle rows are a excellent value. Row 1 center ice for $65-$69 is also a excellent value...row 1 behind the nest for $69 not so much...as the people sitting in row 2 behind you pay $28.

Last edited by Looch: 02-26-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old
02-26-2011, 11:48 AM
sandersonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post

The best seats of the house imo are loge seats between the blue lines rows 10 and up.
+1. I also prefer Sec 9-15 or Balc 312-319 because you're looking at the player benches.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:49 AM
sandersonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRonin View Post
Not to brag, but I just scored two tix for the March 29th tilt against the Hawks. Taking my son who is coming home on leave from the Air Force.

The only thing he wanted to do besides eat his mother's cooking was go to a Bs game and get a Bs tattoo. Gotta love the hockey fans.
What did you pay and in what section? Gives us STHs an idea of what the market is.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:57 AM
323 Krejci 7

Has anyone ever added season tickets to their current seats. I currently own 2 season tickets (for about 4 years now) and have a few friends who were looking to get the seats next to us; we got an email to add additional seats to our account...how does that work? Will they pay the same price we currently pay or will they get a current season ticket price which is considerably higher than what we pay?

Old
02-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323 Krejci 7 View Post
Has anyone ever added season tickets to their current seats. I currently own 2 season tickets (for about 4 years now) and have a few friends who were looking to get the seats next to us; we got an email to add additional seats to our account...how does that work? Will they pay the same price we currently pay or will they get a current season ticket price which is considerably higher than what we pay?

In the past, even if you are a current STH you pay the same price a new account holder would have to. Unlike the Celtics who let you add additional seats at whatever price point the seats that you are adding were when you originally bought in.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:10 PM
323 Krejci 7

thanks for the info! i figured that was the case

Old
02-26-2011, 12:32 PM
Elliot Williams

I prefer seats with no heads in front of me. So a row 3 at the end is immeasurably better than a row 10 at center ice. If I could afford $200 per hockey game, I would take up the Bruins' offer and buy a seat on the glass.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Elliot Williams

P.S. I gave up a 1st row balcony seat that was fabulous because the price was far, far too high for the entertainment value. But lower rows in the balcony are always better than higher rows, no matter what section, in my opinion.

Old
02-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Elliot Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersonian View Post
+1. I also prefer Sec 9-15 or Balc 312-319 because you're looking at the player benches.
All this is subjective. That is not a criticism, just an observation. I had a 1st row balcony seat that was sensational in 318, but it was a singleton, so hard to sell. Even though the view was (probably) better than 83% of the seats in the house.

Also, the Jacobs alleged crime family kept increasing the price, and while the seat was just as great as always, I couldn't afford to pay for it.

Old
02-26-2011, 04:42 PM
JWMGT90

I don't think I'm going to renew my 2 seats in Sec 319 row 15. I just don't see the value at $35 a piece. If I was on a x2 side I'd be in but I just don't think you can move before the select a seat

Anybody have thoughts on this?

Old
02-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWMGT90 View Post
I don't think I'm going to renew my 2 seats in Sec 319 row 15. I just don't see the value at $35 a piece. If I was on a x2 side I'd be in but I just don't think you can move before the select a seat

You can if they have seats available on that end. You just have to ask your rep. They won't know for another 3 weeks though. Once everyone had renewed they'll know what's available. That's going to be the same time they will offer additional seats to existing STH. I'm sure your rep will be able to talk you into sticking around. Good luck.

Old
02-26-2011, 06:30 PM
RunFromTheBear

Does anyone have a seating chart for next years prices? I thought my seats were going to drop to $28 next year. Instead of saving $320 next year, I will be paying $240 more...$560 swing!

I'm in section 304, row 14...not worth $35 to most games.

Now if I can get into row 305, in the 2nd row, I will gladly pay the $35. Are the $40 seats much better?

Anyone have success upgrading before select a seat?

Old
02-26-2011, 09:58 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Does anyone have a seating chart for next years prices? I thought my seats were going to drop to $28 next year. Instead of saving $320 next year, I will be paying $240 more...$560 swing!

I'm in section 304, row 14...not worth $35 to most games.

Now if I can get into row 305, in the 2nd row, I will gladly pay the $35. Are the $40 seats much better?

Anyone have success upgrading before select a seat?
You should have a seating chart in the link they sent you. just click on sections.they give you the non renewel prices. I feel the same as you. My seats re-sale value are not as good as they were. The $28 seats went up to $35 and the $38 seats only went to $40. I think they will have great renewels for the $40 seats and less from the $35 seats.
During my time at select a seat, the only good $38/40/42 seats that were available were right above the walkways in the center ice sections.Ofcourse those come with walkway traffic. But, they were good to sell. Now wishing I upgraded to them.

Old
02-26-2011, 10:29 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
The Tampa game is Thurs March 3rd.

Seating is definitely one of those to each their own things. The best value for your money imo is balcony seats between the blue lines. With center ice seats you have the same vantage point all 3 periods. Being on the end the B's shoot twice is great. But the other period it isn't so much. Although balconies offer a good bang for your buck, many just prefer to be closer to the ice and see the game at a faster pace. If your one of these people I still think you want to sit in the higher row loge seats. My last game was in loge 4 row 4. Honestly the seats were not very good. I found myself looking up at the HDX video screen whenever the puck was on the opposite end of the ice. On top of this the seats in this section were retractable. They were neither comfortable or sturdy. That said, when the puck was on our end of the ice the seats from a viewing perspective were great. But to pay that much to sit close to the ice in uncomfortable seats when 50% of the game you are looking at the video screen is stupid. The best seats of the house imo are loge seats between the blue lines rows 10 and up. If money wasn't a object I would sit in loge 1 or 12 between rows 12-15. If the fans in the club seats weren't so lifeless I would probably sit there. As there are some nice amenities that come with them. Money being a object, center ice balconies in 316 or 301 middle rows are a excellent value. Row 1 center ice for $65-$69 is also a excellent value...row 1 behind the nest for $69 not so much...as the people sitting in row 2 behind you pay $28.
Thanks for the info. I won't know how many of my people want to see the game, will it be a problem getting tix a day before the game? Not too picky, but 4 seats around the bluelines. Would you recommend a stubhub or something similar?

Old
02-27-2011, 01:27 AM
bossfan

Quote:

If you are looking at it based only on value then you might be right that it is not worth renewing. But if you want to look at it from the perspective of how much you enjoy being at the games and wanting to be in the building for playoff games then I would renew because if the Bruins have a strong playoff run you will not be able to get into the building at your $35 STH price. And you will not be there for future playoff runs.

The best story that I can relate is that after several disappointing Red Sox seasons I considered giving up my Red Sox tickets the last time they had a large price increase. This was before 2004 and if I did not renew I would have missed 2 World Series years and the incredible 2004 Yankees ALCS comeback games.

If you think about it and decide that you really want to be in the building when the Bruins finally get to a Cup finals round then renewing is the decision to make.

I have a pair also in 319 but in a lower row than yours. Mine are $40 and I'm renewing. But I also don't use the balcony seats that much so I'm coming from a different perspective. I have loge seats that I use but I want to keep the balcony under my control in case I get priced out of the loge in future seasons.

Last edited by bossfan: 02-27-2011 at 01:34 AM.
Old
02-27-2011, 05:08 AM
RunFromTheBear

@bossfan

You seem to have a lot more financial flexibility than us. I purchased tickets I know I could comfortably afford and at the $32/$28 price I had value. I am going to keep my tickets in the hopes of upgrading to a better location, but I'm also aware they will be harder to unload on ticketexchange. I'm sure it is a lot easier to sell tickets in section 305 row 4 than it is section 304 row 14, each individual price section has a huge discrepancy in value.

Old
02-27-2011, 08:05 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
I am selling one seat for the Mar 3 game against Tampa.

Section 22...row 2 seat 7. $93 (face value)

Second row from ice...next to the B's backup goalie.

PM me if you are interested. I will be going to the game (my sis won't be getting back from Hawaii in time to go) so I can meet you out front to give you the ticket.

02-27-2011, 10:49 AM
bossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
@bossfan

You seem to have a lot more financial flexibility than us. I purchased tickets I know I could comfortably afford and at the $32/$28 price I had value. I am going to keep my tickets in the hopes of upgrading to a better location, but I'm also aware they will be harder to unload on ticketexchange. I'm sure it is a lot easier to sell tickets in section 305 row 4 than it is section 304 row 14, each individual price section has a huge discrepancy in value.
I'm not as financially flexible as it sounds. My seat partner's wife works in an office with a good number of B's fans so I am able to sell both my balcony and loge tickets for at least my cost for most games, even the crappy ones like Florida and NY Islander games. Montreal, Washington, Philadelphia type games I only go to 1 game against each of those opponents and sell the others on Stubhub or Craigslist since they sell at a decent price regardless of location.

I don't mean to minimize the financial burden or the unfair price structure for different seating areas. You are correct that the pricing structure is out of whack in terms of value for seats on the single attack side and and seats in the top 4 or 5 rows. No dispute that for value not renewing is the way to go. JWMGT90 was asking for an opinion on renewing and I was suggesting something else to consider besides value. But if part of the ability to afford ST is being able to sell the games that you don't want to go but can't sell because of poor value then not renewing is probably the right answer.

Also at the last Select-A-Seat there was pretty much nothing available in the balcony on the double attack side or between the blue lines so when deciding to renew based on hoping to relocate to the double attack side keep in mind that it might not be possible to do.

Old
02-27-2011, 11:20 AM
JWMGT90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan View Post
I'm not as financially flexible as it sounds. My seat partner's wife works in an office with a good number of B's fans so I am able to sell both my balcony and loge tickets for at least my cost for most games, even the crappy ones like Florida and NY Islander games. Montreal, Washington, Philadelphia type games I only go to 1 game against each of those opponents and sell the others on Stubhub or Craigslist since they sell at a decent price regardless of location.

I don't mean to minimize the financial burden or the unfair price structure for different seating areas. You are correct that the pricing structure is out of whack in terms of value for seats on the single attack side and and seats in the top 4 or 5 rows. No dispute that for value not renewing is the way to go. JWMGT90 was asking for an opinion on renewing and I was suggesting something else to consider besides value. But if part of the ability to afford ST is being able to sell the games that you don't want to go but can't sell because of poor value then not renewing is probably the right answer.

Also at the last Select-A-Seat there was pretty much nothing available in the balcony on the double attack side or between the blue lines so when deciding to renew based on hoping to relocate to the double attack side keep in mind that it might not be possible to do.
See I did talk to the rep and you know they are going to tell you just to renew and see what happens but I think the chances of making a move to the x2 side are going to be low. Still have a few weeks to decide though.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:44 PM
bossfan

Quote:
See I did talk to the rep and you know they are going to tell you just to renew and see what happens but I think the chances of making a move to the x2 side are going to be low. Still have a few weeks to decide though.
Like everyone else I want to move my balcony seats to the double attack side. AT Select A Seat there were some scattered seats on the double attack side but in higher rows than what I now have. I chose to stay in a lower so I stayed on the other end. There was relatively little to choose from so don't listen to the reps. You need to decide based on that you will have the same seats.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:12 PM
RunFromTheBear

I dropped the ball last year because I didn't get the tickets until after select a seat. I definitely had more options when I inquired before last years playoffs. I ended up buying tickets to all playoff games off stubhub which probably put me over $1500, can't remember the exact number, so it's not like I saved any money by waiting.

I'd consider moving to more expensive seats in the balcony but can't find a seating chart. I'm sure if you are spending more they will be more proactive. I'm going to call on Monday and see what he can do.

Id love high loge but too expensive when trying to pawn them off. I wish ticketexchange let you drop your own price town below face.

Closed Thread