HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stastny NOT going anywhere

Old
02-27-2011, 07:19 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Hotstove isn't always right btw.

I don't think there is much on that roster who isn't available outside of duchene and o'reilly
O'Reilly has popped up in some rumors as well. It would be a serious miscalculation to trade him, in my opinion, but he has come up. Duchene is the only untouchable, unless you want to include Hejduk and Foote since they've been deemed "not for sale."

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:44 AM
SlappyMcGee
=w=

I don't know whether or not he's been shopped, but I don't think they'd get the right value back if they tried to trade him right now. If Brad Richards had already been moved, or even Hemsky or Penner, then they could be fielding attractive offers for Stastny. But instead, he seems like a backup idea for most teams; not going to be the piece that pushes them through the the Cup, and he'll cost you assets+cap.

SlappyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
It's not like Milbury was the one stating these facts about Stastny.

So what does that have to do with him? Nothing...
You can tell alot about a person by the company one keeps. The whole point was a way to make fun of Milbury.

But, don't be surprised if they do trade Stastny (likely not), but no one is untradable...no one

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Tra La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlappyMcGee View Post
I don't know whether or not he's been shopped, but I don't think they'd get the right value back if they tried to trade him right now. If Brad Richards had already been moved, or even Hemsky or Penner, then they could be fielding attractive offers for Stastny. But instead, he seems like a backup idea for most teams; not going to be the piece that pushes them through the the Cup, and he'll cost you assets+cap.

I think Stastny is the better option in many ways. He's under contract, he's on the front end of the prime of his career, and is healthy. And the Talent level is equal in my opinion.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:52 AM
The Messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStorm View Post
NHL GMs are about as honest as politicians. Brian Burke said he would not ask Kaberle to waive his NTC.
Maybe he didn't.

The Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:53 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
You can tell alot about a person by the company one keeps. The whole point was a way to make fun of Milbury.

But, don't be surprised if they do trade Stastny (likely not), but no one is untradable...no one
So the rumour that Stastny won't be traded is untrue because Milbury get's paid to be on a panel with Pierre Lebrun?

Great logic there.

And yes, I know Stastny is not untouchable, but with all the rumours floating around...I will believe a pretty firm stance by Lebrun compared to all these rumours and proposals that float around the internet and twitter.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:53 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

What I seen of Scheen, I would move him but have to be blown away. Player who would make Kings instant Cup contenders and a good prospect in return for Scheen. Try to last minute for first round pick also. Unless it is the Oilers, if I would get Hemsky and a switch of first round picks, be tempting

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
So the rumour that Stastny won't be traded is untrue because Milbury get's paid to be on a panel with Pierre Lebrun?

Great logic there.

And yes, I know Stastny is not untouchable, but with all the rumours floating around...I will believe a pretty firm stance by Lebrun compared to all these rumours and proposals that float around the internet and twitter.

calm down hop-along, sorry I hurt your feelings by calling into question some rumor mongers who keep company with the WORST GM IN NHL HISTORY.

I really hope you keep your mancrush with the AVS, I do, he fits better there than anywhere else.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
calm down hop-along, sorry I hurt your feelings by calling into question some rumor mongers who keep company with the WORST GM IN NHL HISTORY.

I really hope you keep your mancrush with the AVS, I do, he fits better there than anywhere else.
What do you mean by "keep company"? Do you think they are a circle of friends that just happen to be on television?

If anything there seems to be quite a bit of disagreement and even resentment between Milbury and others there.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:06 AM
LePoche69

I know it is a cliche, but it is true nonetheless : Gretzky has been trade. So anyone could be for the right price. The reste is crap.

Now. That doesn't mean Stastny will be move...

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:23 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Quote:

Hurt my feelings? What are you talking about? Who says they "keep company"? They happen to both be panelists on the same TV show, that means nothing. That has nothing to do with what Lebrun and Eric Francis report on a day to day basis....

And who says Stastny is my man crush? I actually wouldn't be too upset if he was dealt, as long as the return is good.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 08:27 AM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

From NYR's
AA,MDZ,2nd round pick

From Col
Stansty

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:11 AM
BlueStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
I wonder if it wasn't for Peter Stastny and the great career he had, would Paul Stastny get this much hype around here?

I mean he's a very good player and all, and i'm an Avs fan, but seriously, he is getting Crosby like hype around here and it's pretty funny.
I haven't read every post on this board about Stastny in the past few days but I haven't seen anyone suggesting he would be worth anything close to Crosby or that he is anywhere as good. However, he is young center who is a well balanced defensive play making center. Just because some of the poorer teams cannot afford him doesn't mean the richer ones can't. He has averaged a point per game for over 300 games, I believe only Nick Backstrom has similar numbers to Stats. There are a lot ofteams that would want him. The odds are against him being moved but it is possible.

BlueStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
From NYR's
AA,MDZ,2nd round pick

From Col
Stansty
Make an argument that one of those assets is better than Stastny. Can't? Your proposal is declined.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

after the last few weeks, anyone saying with 100% certainty that player x isnt gonna be traded, they should be fired.

Canadian_Brewtality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
after the last few weeks, anyone saying with 100% certainty that player x isnt gonna be traded, they should be fired.
This.

The odds may be against trading Stastny but I still don't think I'd make the bet.

I don't know if it's the developing cap world or what but I don't think anyone is safe this year.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:50 AM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Mauldin View Post
Make an argument that one of those assets is better than Stastny. Can't? Your proposal is declined.
If that's how you look at trades, thank goodness you're not a GM, you'd never make a trade.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Yayamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Mauldin View Post
If one of those assets was better than Stastny, why would there be more than one?

Edit: ^^^ what he said.

Yayamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:09 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Thanks guys..very strange response to my trade proposal..I thought AA/MDZ and a second was in the neighborhood value for Stansty.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:46 PM
No Good Names Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFoote View Post
Stastny is def available for the right deal, they wont be giving him away. The main point they were making is that foote and duke wanna retire as AVS.
From an oilers perspective, what is the right deal. Thing is, you guys are well below the cap, so it wouldn't be a trade for cap relief. Yet, he is overpaid somewhat and other teams would want to give less to take that contract.

No Good Names Left is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Kschey
Avs/BorussiaDortmund

vCash: 50
Dater agrees/confirms.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2011...e-rumors/6597/

Kschey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

I just saw all the Avs yesterday, didn't seem as though there was tension as far as guys getting moved. I could say the same of the Kings but that makes more sense because they are playing well and the guys rumored to possibly moved are not roster players.

I feel like the Stastny rumors picked up steam only because of the Johnson deal; it was convenient to point to Colorado as blowing up their team and maybe moving a big-ticket player. Duchene would have been too rich so the lazy folks in the rumor mill set the sights on Stastny.

Now watch him get moved and make me sound like an idiot.

02-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
If that's how you look at trades, thank goodness you're not a GM, you'd never make a trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayamo View Post
If one of those assets was better than Stastny, why would there be more than one?

Edit: ^^^ what he said.
There's a little thing you guys aren't grasping called "context". There are times when a team needs to trade one of their best players, like when their contract is up and they likely won't be re-signed, or if a team is looking to slash salary. Does either situation apply to the Avs or Stastny? That's a question that the collective inner idiot isn't allowing most hfboards posters to ask when they propose a Stastny deal.

For the Avs and Stastny, the only reason to do a deal is to get a better player back.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:28 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Knoll View Post
I just saw all the Avs yesterday, didn't seem as though there was tension as far as guys getting moved. I could say the same of the Kings but that makes more sense because they are playing well and the guys rumored to possibly moved are not roster players.

I feel like the Stastny rumors picked up steam only because of the Johnson deal; it was convenient to point to Colorado as blowing up their team and maybe moving a big-ticket player. Duchene would have been too rich so the lazy folks in the rumor mill set the sights on Stastny.

Now watch him get moved and make me sound like an idiot.
I think since the Avs made the Stewart trade one of the last things they should do is trade Stastny. They gave up a good chunk of offensive to get a potential franchise defenseman. I really think the only move the Avs need to make is for goaltending now. They will have some solid choices to try to sign in the off season it seems. Or they can try for a young guy that will not come close to costing them Stastny.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:20 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
O'Reilly has popped up in some rumors as well. It would be a serious miscalculation to trade him, in my opinion, but he has come up. Duchene is the only untouchable, unless you want to include Hejduk and Foote since they've been deemed "not for sale."
Given how much Colorado gave up to get him, reporter Adrian Dater of Denver Post wrote that Erik Johnson fits into that category as well.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote