HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #64 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #64 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning
Brian Boyle 3 3.66%
Ryan Callahan 5 6.10%
Dan Girardi 0 0%
Steve Eminger 2 2.44%
Henrik Lundqvist 7 8.54%
Bryan McCabe 15 18.29%
Ryan McDonagh 13 15.85%
Brandon Prust 21 25.61%
Michael Sauer 9 10.98%
Derek Stepan 4 4.88%
Other 3 3.66%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-27-2011, 03:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Refs were bad, for sure.

Don't place them blame on them though. We did nothing with our PPs, and scored 1 goal.
When the refereeing is that bad against a dangerous TB PP, you bet i'm going to be furious at the refs.

Not only was the call that led to the GWG ********, but if the Dubinsky penalty was a penalty we deserved quite a few more PP's because TB was getting away with **** all game.

If we weren't so tight in the standings I wouldn't be mad because we played a great game. But man, when **** like that happens it's a ****ing joke.

Also props to our PK for not letting them convert on any PP.

Al what the **** are you talking about? Stanley Cup winning team? My ass.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
Two shots
God damn, somebody stop this man.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
fiedy88

After the terrible reffing, it just seems like a waste of a game. Roloson touching the puck out of the trapezoid at least 4 times, hits that could have been called, Non-hits that were called (still didn't see the Christensen interference call or Girardi boarding) and obviously the Duby skate-on-skate incident. What's the point of rules if they're constantly skewed or unenforced. I don't get it. I don't care that our PP sucks, at least give us chances on the PP. Refs pissed the game away, and it's so disheartening to walk away with nothing, after getting ****ed up the ass the whole game. **** you, you ref mother****ers.

fiedy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SML

The Good: The defense continues to play like a group of ten year vets
The Bad: Refereeing
The Ugly: The continued lack of ability to generate offense.

Side note: Ironic that the game we finally have our PPQB, we spend half the game killing penalties. Plus side, the lack of a PPQB seems less apparent when you're killing penalties all game.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I don't get the rave reviews for McCabe here. Did he even register a shot?
He got shots towards the net.. He doesn't have to register a shot to be good.. He was good today.

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
POTG: Prust or Callahan.

The Good: Great effort. McCabe looked good. Prust ties the Rangers record for most SHG in a season with Gravy in 93-94, I believe.
The bad: The loss. This Tampa Bay team. I hate them.
The Redden: Officiating. Gilroy.
Theo Fleury had 7 in one season for us

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bardof425*

The Good: A hard fought game; great effort by our guys
The bad, ugly and Redden: The Refs. Phantom board on Girardi, phantom interference on Dubi. Six straight PPs one way in a tied, hard fought game is a joke. Don't tell me the refs don't have an agenda because I'll never believe it. Absolutely brutal!!!

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:38 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Jessimen will have a hat trick today, bank it, lol

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
When the refereeing is that bad against a dangerous TB PP, you bet i'm going to be furious at the refs.

Not only was the call that led to the GWG ********, but if the Dubinsky penalty was a penalty we deserved quite a few more PP's because TB was getting away with **** all game.

If we weren't so tight in the standings I wouldn't be mad because we played a great game. But man, when **** like that happens it's a ****ing joke.

Also props to our PK for not letting them convert on any PK.

Al what the **** are you talking about? Stanley Cup winning team? My ass.
We did???

Old
Levitate

I don't feel too bad about the Rangers losing to the Lightning...Tamps is playing playoff style hockey and looking like a cup contender, and the Rangers were right there with them, losing on a 5 on 3 where I'm not sure why Girardi got called for boarding, and one of those crappy puck into the crowd penalties.

but yeah, reffing was bad...I'll even consider that Prust's goal could have been called off, but most of the penalties seemed really weak or nonexistent, and some other calls were missed. Just bizarre reffing today.

Sauer did look really good...reading the play very very well. Thought McCabe moved the puck really well on the point. For a guy who's not really a PP QB, he looked like he knew what to do back there and how to keep things running.

Lundqvist might could have had that first goal, but looked like a seeing eye shot. Had absolutely no chance on the second.

And is it just me or did Downie spear or slash the hell out of McDonagh later in the 3rd period?

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:39 PM
M0rbid

Win or lose, those zebras made it very tough on the Rangers.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SML

Hugh Jessiman will be playing for the Panthers today. I hope he scores a freaking hat trick.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bmw2004

Anisimov and Dubinsky are very tradable in my opinion for the right return. The return has to be extremely right.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
I like McCabe. He gives us an actual point shot.

Good: Prust, I guess
Bad: Everything
The Redden: Taking multiple penalties in the 3rd period against a top powerplay team.

Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Yes at the end of the game, the scramble that almost led to the tying goal if someone could tip it on

He kept the puck in the zone at least 5-6 times that it would have gotten by any of our other defenseman, thought he looked very good and will hopefully get better as he gets more comfortable.
Totally agree, and to be perfectly honest, we haven't had someone who is legitimately adept at preventing clears / keeping pucks in at the point on the PP since....gasp....Brian Leetch.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

This was just a tough loss for us. They fought very hard. Just a stupid, stupid penalty by Boyle, which is uncharacteristic of him.

McCabe looked OK. I was a big advocate for getting McCabe. I thought he made the PP look more like an actual PP. He was moving across the blueline changing his positioning. He was keeping pucks in. He was calm with the puck. And most of all he was a point man who wanted to shoot the puck. Shoot first is his mentality and thats what this team needs. I think he will go from OK to pretty good once he gets acclimated a little more.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
God damn, somebody stop this man.
Compared to the 0 SOG the rest of our defense is used to registering, yes. He had a huge bomb near the end of the game and a big keep in.

He looked great for getting rid of tim kennedy.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Moosehead777

I can understand if some are upset with the refs.......but.........

What happens when we lose like this and we have more power plays than the opposition......

Even if it was evident that the refs cost us the game.......

We make too many excuses for this team......

You gotta score to win they pressure and get shots on goal with 25 seconds left but the rest of the game they cycle and cycle and cycle with no results and they play with no sense of urgency.

Moosehead777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
And is it just me or did Downie spear or slash the hell out of McDonagh later in the 3rd period?
Yeah it looked like a spear, no penalty and he won't be disciplined although he is a repeat offender. The league is a joke...

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ola

We didn't create much offense... It bothers me tremendously to see Tampa's blueline pass they way out of every situation defensively, then Girardi gets the puck with 5 minutes left in our end and just turns around and throws a long blindpass that becomes a icing.

Tampa was very good defensively though.

Dubi and AA creates very very little. They shouldn't be trashed for it -- it were to be expected. They aren't good enough to on a regular basis create offense for a full 82 game season. My point is just, when people want to go with kids, remember that stints like this always comes. You should of course still go with kids when you are trying to build something, but you should put a few vets around them too.

The problem in the end is the amount of offense we create. In terms of shots, in terms of odd man rushes et c. Tampa made it 1-0 of a 3 on 1. We are bound to give up a few of those per game the way we play -- how much do we create? Its just always very very loopsided. We throw pucks on well covered nets and work really hard, the team we play against are handed 2 on 1s and 3 on 1s on a regular basis, while we really do not put much pressure on them.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:41 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

I saw the last 5 minutes but McCabe looked pretty good at the blue line.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
The good: Lundqvist, McCabe, Prust with a shortie to tie it
The Bad: Dubi hitting the post in the 1st
The Redden: Hands down the REFS, how can you call 3 or 4 soft penalties on one team in one game, that was not cool.

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
"The Gilroy" - gtfo. this is why rangers fans suck sometimes. just dont get it. putting on ignore.

the kid had a real solid game.
Agreed. I dont see what gilroy did wrong. He has played well lately. He has gained confidence. I trust him with the puck more. I just dont get it. People hold way too many grudges on this board. its not like he's redden making $6 million and 30+ years old. He's 26 years old in his 2nd year in the league making, what, $2 million? Get a grip.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisWanchuk View Post
"The Gilroy" - gtfo. this is why rangers fans suck sometimes. just dont get it. putting on ignore.

the kid had a real solid game.
Because the worst player on our team by far, didn't completely suck like he usually does, we should give him a medal? Gilroy is probably the worst overall starting defensemen in the NHL. So was Redden last year. Gilroy, Redden, what's the difference?

Old
02-27-2011, 03:42 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I really cant blame the refs on this one. They always suck, but offensivbe zone penalties shows laziness.

Sauer and Macdonagh, yet again, were the two best Rangers today, but I voted for McCabe simply because he did today what none of the point men have done all year.

Anisimov was bad today. He looked slow, he looked indecisive, and he looked weak. Dubinsky seemed to mail it in as well.

And the ugly was Girardi. It wasnt just the goal against and the boarding hit. He iced the puck a bunch of times and was really off with his passes. I thought he would step up in Staal's absence, but he's been outplayed by everyone not named Gilroy.

And Newbury is a waste.

I friggin hate tampa. I hate the Rays. I hate the Bucs and I hate the Lightning. The only consolation is that Tampa is colonized by zillions of New Yorkers. Like I said earlier, I'm really not that impressed.

Not impressed with Hedman at all. Not impressed with their coach and not impressed with a team who is carried by 2 guys.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote