HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

General Fitness Thread #3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2011, 06:33 PM
  #126
Lars Eller Superstar*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't kid yourself, you didn't gain 8lbs of muscle in 3 days, it's impossible.
this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Wow. So I just completed my 4th day of the two-a-day training hypertrophy. I weighed in at 171, 11% body fat on Monday morning after breakfast. I began my intensive workouts on Wednesday. Weighed in today at 179. I still have another day left too... my mind is ****ing blown. Not to mention when I finish, and take 2-3 days off, I'm going to gain a little more just by resting and eating. I just wanted a couple of pounds, 180 didn't seem possibly, I'm ecstatic.
8 pounds in 3 days ?? did you weight yourself at like 4h00 pm when your body is full ? there's a difference when you weight yourself when you just woke up on an empty stomach.

Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:36 PM
  #127
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
My current gym is really nice, it has a reverse hyper and a GHR. I've been building up my base since I've been back. Really love that gym.

Aside from Montreal Barbell in Vaudreuil, anyone know any gyms with a reverse hyper and a GHR? Extra points if it has a sled, major extra points if it has a safety squat bar and cambered bar.

I know there's Pro Gym which looks awesome in Montreal. I'll visit it this week, but I really think a glute ham raise and a reverse hyper are essential (I might buy them for my appartment). I'll also be looking for training partners if anyone is doing strength training here.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
  #128
the vinyl version
Registered User
 
the vinyl version's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I find it funny that you're smiling in the before picture but not in the after one...lol.

Keep it up.
Haha, well I don't generally smile in pictures but that one was taken in GM place (Rogers arena now) literally 5 minutes after Crosby scored the overtime goal in the gold medal game. I was pretty happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
Looks like he got rid of the jollyness along with the weight...
Haha, that was exactly the joke I was going to make. You beat me to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
dayum !!! what a change ! congrats ! Now , it's time for you to bulk up cleanly for your 2nd goal to build your frame and muscularity (lean mass in your body)
Thanks.
Yeah, that's the plan, not entirely sure how I'm going to go about it though since I have a phobia of gyms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
Congratulations on a really incredible achievement! Your pictures show such a drastic change. And it's incredible when you think of the growing percentage of Canadians that are either overweight or obese.

About 6 years ago I started at 100 kg and have now gotten down to 74 kg and the goal is 68 kg. Reading through this thread it seems that most posters are into the weights. Myself, I lost my blubber through cardio & watching what I eat.
Thanks. Yeah, it is quite an amazing change. People don't recognize me. It's awesome hearing people who haven't seen me in a long time go "holy crap!"
Congrats on losing the 26kg. I lost mine the same way, cardio and healthy diet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Crazy awesome dude. What an amazinc change!
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
grats the vinyl version, thats something to be proud of. thats whole lot of dedication
Thanks guys!

the vinyl version is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:10 PM
  #129
xposbrad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
there are no side effects / death with proper USE / dosage ... the worst steroids is Dianobol because it's so cheap

A guy I know is great friend with Lee Haney and he told me that even though Lee is in good shape and being followed by a doctor and have no heart related problem that you should know what to take IF you really want to go to the next level

Dianobol is the worst steroids because it is one of the cheapest and more damaging on the liver.

If you ever gonna use a steroids you should use DECA , it makes your muscle so much harder and tight looking.

I never used steroids but alot of people use Clenbuterol for cutting


Like any drug , if you abuse it , they are gonna be some side effect ... Like if you abuse the use of Tylenol you will have side effects ! Steroids are no different than any other drug
I am interested in DECA specifically because I just had 2 shoulder surgeries and I am getting back in the gym now. I'm aware of the healing properties associated with it and I'd do just 1 or 2 cycles. I doubt anyone would admit on these forums having used it and I really don't even know who in MTL to even speak to about it but I'm interested

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 10:14 PM
  #130
BBrowser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
I have been eating left over frozen party food cheezed stuffs and pizza for the last four days. I had 4 beers and some wine. It's uphill from here soon as I'm done with rest of this cheeze.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:39 PM
  #131
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't kid yourself, you didn't gain 8lbs of muscle in 3 days, it's impossible.
Lol Don't be mad Kriss, just finished my last and final day. Did my second biosignature (if you don't know what that is.... get informed) of the week, went from 12% body fat to 9.8%. Weighed in at 180. Took 9 pounds of lean muscle. During the next couple of days of rest, I might drop a pound or two, due to overcompensation from the muscles, but yes, you do gain that much muscle in a week (5 days). Just get a real trainer. Ex: Clance Laylor (not my trainer, but someone you might recognize, due to him training Subban), or any other certified level 5 PICP coach. If you don't know, now you know. Charles Poliquin, you're a genius. Also, the type of training I just did isn't something you can do everyday. You cycle it. I will most definitely be doing it this summer again. I'll hit the gym again by Thursday, hopefully, if I can walk again


lol I cant stop editing, I'm too excited. I don't have a reason to lie to you really, I'm just proud of myself. Felt like Christmas today. 180 has been my bench mark for a little while, and I hit it today.


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-28-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:41 PM
  #132
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Lol Don't be mad Krissy, just finished my last and final day. Did my second biosignature (if you don't know what that is.... get informed) of the week, went from 12% body fat to 9.8%. Weighed in at 180. Took 9 pounds of lean muscle. During the next couple of days of rest, I might drop a pound or two, due to overcompensation from the muscles, but yes, you do gain that much muscle in a week (5 days). Just get a real trainer. Ex: Clance Laylor (not my trainer, but someone you might recognize, due to him training Subban), or any other certified level 5 PICP coach. If you don't know, now you know. Charles Poliquin, you're a genius. Also, the type of training I just did isn't something you can do everyday. You cycle it. I will most definitely be doing it this summer again. I'll hit the gym again by Thursday, hopefully, if I can walk again


lol I cant stop editing, I'm too excited. I don't have a reason to lie to you really, I'm just proud of myself. Felt like Christmas today. 180 has been my bench mark for a little while, and I hit it today.
Sure buddy, you dropped your bodyfat 2% and gain 9lbs of lean muscle...in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty hates Sergei View Post
My current gym is really nice, it has a reverse hyper and a GHR. I've been building up my base since I've been back. Really love that gym.

Aside from Montreal Barbell in Vaudreuil, anyone know any gyms with a reverse hyper and a GHR? Extra points if it has a sled, major extra points if it has a safety squat bar and cambered bar.

I know there's Pro Gym which looks awesome in Montreal. I'll visit it this week, but I really think a glute ham raise and a reverse hyper are essential (I might buy them for my appartment). I'll also be looking for training partners if anyone is doing strength training here.
There is a Glute Ham machine at my gym where I work. Not a Crossfit gym. In rosemere. What's really funny to see at regular globo gyms is how the masses really don't know how to work out. I have yet to see one person properly use the GHD/GHR machine, nobody even knows the name of it. Quite comical.
But there's no reverse hyper unfortunately, nor sleds, nor safety/cambered squat bars...So, in the end, I only have a GHD/GHR
I think I might know a forger, I'm gonna ask him to make me a sled.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:51 PM
  #133
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Sure buddy, you dropped your bodyfat 2% and gain 9lbs of lean muscle...in a few days.
Reading this makes my day.









I take that back. It makes my week.

6 participants, over 30 pounds were gained. BE jelly, I would be too.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:51 PM
  #134
Lars Eller Superstar*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Did my second biosignature (if you don't know what that is.... get informed) of the week, went from 12% body fat to 9.8%. Weighed in at 180. Took 9 pounds of lean muscle. During the next couple of days of rest, I might drop a pound or two, due to overcompensation from the muscles, but yes, you do gain that much muscle in a week (5 days). Just get a real trainer. Ex: Clance Laylor (not my trainer, but someone you might recognize, due to him training Subban), or any other certified level 5 PICP coach. If you don't know, now you know. Charles Poliquin, you're a genius. Also, the type of training I just did isn't something you can do everyday. You cycle it. I will most definitely be doing it this summer again. I'll hit the gym again by Thursday, hopefully, if I can walk again

you can't gain that much MUSCLE in a week !! Muscle and weight gain is 2 different thing !! Did you know that ???

Go talk to my trainer Vincent Comtois


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-28-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:54 PM
  #135
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
lolll seriously you are a joke ... you can't gain that much MUSCLE in a week !! Muscle and weight gain is 2 different thing !!
Lars, I could type until my fingers went blue, but whats the point. Like I said, overcompensation of the muscles is going to make me gain weight that I probably won't maintain, but yes, I did gain a clean 6-7 pounds, at least, in 5 days. Skaters gonna skate, I love it. Never been prouder of my results.

Also, I'm sure Vincent Comtois is a fine coach, but doesn't seem to follow the Poliquin method- which in my eyes, is the real, real deal.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:54 PM
  #136
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Lol Don't be mad Krissy, just finished my last and final day. Did my second biosignature (if you don't know what that is.... get informed) of the week, went from 12% body fat to 9.8%. Weighed in at 180. Took 9 pounds of lean muscle. During the next couple of days of rest, I might drop a pound or two, due to overcompensation from the muscles, but yes, you do gain that much muscle in a week (5 days). Just get a real trainer. Ex: Clance Laylor (not my trainer, but someone you might recognize, due to him training Subban), or any other certified level 5 PICP coach. If you don't know, now you know. Charles Poliquin, you're a genius. Also, the type of training I just did isn't something you can do everyday. You cycle it. I will most definitely be doing it this summer again. I'll hit the gym again by Thursday, hopefully, if I can walk again


lol I cant stop editing, I'm too excited. I don't have a reason to lie to you really, I'm just proud of myself. Felt like Christmas today. 180 has been my bench mark for a little while, and I hit it today.

I've trained with some of the best body builders in Ontario over the last 20 years, including Clance Taylor who is a personal friend. You're a freak of nature Beaker, as I've never seen or heard of anyone gaining 9lbs of solid muscle in one week, while dropping their BF by over 2%. Even while doing bio signature modulation.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:56 PM
  #137
Lars Eller Superstar*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Lars, I could type until my fingers went blue, but whats the point. Like I said, overcompensation of the muscles is going to make me gain weight that I probably won't maintain, but yes, I did gain a clean 6-7 pounds, at least, in 5 days. Skaters gonna skate, I love it. Never been prouder of my results.
you did measure your body fat % before and after and not just how much weight you gained , right ?

Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:57 PM
  #138
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,320
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I've trained with some of the best body builders in Ontario over the last 20 years, including Clance Taylor who is a personal friend. You're a freak of nature Beaker, as I've never seen or heard of anyone gaining 9lbs of solid muscle in one week, while dropping their BF by over 2%. Even while doing bio signature modulation.
H10H, I'm moving in with you in the summer and we're going to train together.

Best reguards.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:58 PM
  #139
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
H10H, I'm moving in with you in the summer and we're going to train together.

Best reguards.
Haha, I'll run it by the wife.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:00 PM
  #140
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I've trained with some of the best body builders in Ontario over the last 20 years, including Clance Taylor who is a personal friend. You're a freak of nature Beaker, as I've never seen or heard of anyone gaining 9lbs of solid muscle in one week, while dropping their BF by over 2%. Even while doing bio signature modulation.
I've been training, off and on for about a year. Its the first time I do a hypertrophy 2-a-day training. I've always had a hard time maintaining the same weight for a high amount of sets, and its exactly what I needed. I had a biosig on Monday, started training Wednesday, and a biosig this afternoon. Do I think the 9 pounds will stay? Nope, maybe 6-7, but I love it. I didn't do it alone, multiple people had give or take 5 pound gains.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:01 PM
  #141
Lars Eller Superstar*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I've trained with some of the best body builders in Ontario over the last 20 years, including Clance Taylor who is a personal friend. You're a freak of nature Beaker, as I've never seen or heard of anyone gaining 9lbs of solid muscle in one week, while dropping their BF by over 2%. Even while doing bio signature modulation.
I gained 8 pounds of muscle while maintaning the same bodyfat percentage in a month when I started my first nutrition program ... but I have been working hard for 2 years prior to that , just didn't had proper protein amount of nutrition and was clueless about it.

That is achiveable , but not every month loll

i'm a mesomorph also , so it helps , not every have that body type though


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-28-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:02 PM
  #142
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
you did measure your body fat % before and after and not just how much weight you gained , right ?
Of course, like I said, Monday and this afternoon. I say 12%, and 9%, but I was 12.2 %(if I remember correctly) and 9.8%, so its not that that drastic. Not a clean 2% off.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:02 PM
  #143
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,320
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Haha, I'll run it by the wife.
Will a picture of me smiling be enough to convince her?

Or does she need a wonderfully written e-mail?

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:04 PM
  #144
Lars Eller Superstar*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Of course, like I said, Monday and this afternoon. I say 12%, and 9%, but I was 12.2 %(if I remember correctly) and 9.8%, so its not that that drastic. Not a clean 2% off.
you are officialy a freak of nature , please send us your before and after pictures.

Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:05 PM
  #145
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
yeah , that dude is a joke.
Hey, keep it coming. Its hard to wipe the smile off my face today, and while I lie here in bed resting, I'm incredibly happy I took vacation for this

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:07 PM
  #146
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
you are officialy a freak of nature , please send us your before and after pictures.
I've never taken a photograph of myself topless, unless on vacation, There should be pics up soon of us training, lol, would that suffice or will my HF reputation still be tarnished


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-28-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:11 PM
  #147
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
I've been training, off and on for about a year. Its the first time I do a hypertrophy 2-a-day training. I've always had a hard time maintaining the same weight, and its exactly what I needed. I had a biosig on Monday, started training Wednesday, and a biosig this afternoon. Do I think the 9 pounds will stay? Nope, maybe 6-7, but I love it. I didn't do it alone, multiple people had give or take 5 pound gains.
I'm not calling you a liar Beaker, that's not my style. I will say though that I do have some doubts with your story though.

I've been working out for over 20 years, and during that time I increased my weight from a puny 140lbs to my current weight which is around 235lbs at 40+ years old. It was very rare for me to gain more than a couple of pounds in a week. Especially since I concentrated on maintaining or lowering my BF at the same time.

So if you have done this, congratulations. I've just never heard of anyone else doing it before, especially at the weight you are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Will a picture of me smiling be enough to convince her?

Or does she need a wonderfully written e-mail?
I've heard rumours that you're a stud, so no pics please. I don't want my wife running off with my lil bro.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:14 PM
  #148
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Reading this makes my day.

I take that back. It makes my week.

6 participants, over 30 pounds were gained. BE jelly, I would be too.
It can make your day, your week, your month, your year or your life, I don't give two crap about it. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

I studied in the field, I still do and am constantly on the look out for new stuff, I work in the field as well and have been training for over 10years.

Unless you're on roids, your body cannot add as much PURE LEAN MUSCLE in just a few days, not even in two weeks. Not even the man with the best of the best genes could add that much so quickly.

You can laugh and believe whatever you want, if you gained 9lbs in just a few days, it is NOT lean muscle. You can even ask Charles, he'll tell you that himself.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:15 PM
  #149
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,320
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I'm not calling you a liar Beaker, that's not my style. I will say though that I do have some doubts with your story though.

I've been working out for over 20 years, and during that time I increased my weight from a puny 140lbs to my current weight which is around 235lbs at 40+ years old. It was very rare for me to gain more than a couple of pounds in a week. Especially since I concentrated on maintaining or lowering my BF at the same time.

So if you have done this, congratulations. I've just never heard of anyone else doing it before, especially at the weight you are now.



I've heard rumours that you're a stud, so no pics please. I don't want my wife running off with my lil bro.
I don't dip my pen in company ink, if you know what I mean.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:19 PM
  #150
Lars Eller Superstar*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It can make your day, your week, your month, your year or your life, I don't give two crap about it. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

I studied in the field, I still do and am constantly on the look out for new stuff, I work in the field as well and have been training for over 10years.

Unless you're on roids, your body cannot add as much PURE LEAN MUSCLE in just a few days, not even in two weeks. Not even the man with the best of the best genes could add that much so quickly.

You can laugh and believe whatever you want, if you gained 9lbs in just a few days, it is NOT lean muscle. You can even ask Charles, he'll tell you that himself.
not only that , he said he gained 9 pounds of lean muscle + dropping is bodyfat of 12 % to 10 %


Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 02-28-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.