HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just win.

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2011, 05:20 PM
don28

vCash: 500
Glad the Preds won, they still need to upgrade offense or any playoff series they might earn will end in the first round again.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:23 PM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

A reminder to Columbus fans:

Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Jackets and criticize the Preds, do it on the Jackets board.

Thanks...

Old
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The only thing sucks is Legwand got the game winner, padding his stats again.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Jarnberg

Blum with another solid game. Blum is outstanding. And it isn't just because of the goal. He seems as cool as the other side of the pillow. Great outlet passes and great little plays in the defensive zone that someone like Bouillion or O'Brien would make a meal of. Speaking of which, come on O'Brien... that puck has to go up the boards. A weak backhander right down the center of the ice...

It wasn't the best performance from the Predators. But the team showed resolve in getting the win.

Ref performance was terrible for both teams. Tons of penalties missed (Tootoo was crosschecked from behind, Nash was high sticked by Ward).

Anyway, hopefully this settles the team down. The offense still isn't there though.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:35 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
I think this is one of the biggest problems of the NHL right now. There is no consistency in the NHL as far as officiating. The explanation for not giving us the reviewed goal, was that they couldn't see the puck. Well, they couldn't see the puck when it got caught in Wes Waltz's equipment as he slid into the net, but they still called it a goal.

I'm not saying that, had we had that first goal that it would've been our game, just using it as an example.

Looking at the replay, it was a shoulder to shoulder hit, I don't think Umberger thought expected Weber to dump the puck, but as you said, it could've been called for a penalty, such as boarding.

I don't think hits like that should happen in the last five seconds of a game, but I don't think sucker punches should happen once the game is over either.

However, I do think that Refs should be available to the press after the game, and I think that the NHL has to find some consistency in its calls.
I agree with you on this. Weber probably shouldn't have thrown the cheap shot but if the refs did their job, it probably doesn't happen. Tyutin got caught in the crossfire unfortunately. It sucks that that guys get hurt and they say the game is out of control but the refs aren't doing their jobs. Sorry if I came across as harsh a little while ago. I think I was a little amped up after the game. Thanks for being civil about it with a nice post regarding all of this.

I don't think Umberger's a dirty player at all and his intent wasn't there but the game moves fast and you have to remember where guys are on the ice and the damage that can be done.

I wonder if the NHL would ever consider a no hit zone or something like that around the boards so these types of hit wouldn't happen. Not sure it would ever work but it might give the players and the refs some guidelines as to what and where hits can take place.

By the way, what's your thought on the hit Clitsome gave to SK without the puck and to his head? Suspension worthy?

Old
02-27-2011, 05:36 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
"This is absolutely infuriating. Maybe it's the anger talking now, but the next time we see Nashville I want to see blood. Pull off a move from the Islanders' book for all I care. Just ****ing send a message to Nashville and the NHL."

please
Haha yeah I hope Boll tries to go with Weber. He'll learn really quick why people don't mess with that guy.

(I still love the homer announcers crying about a phantom elbow to the face.)

(love the punch at the end)

and of course

As far as the sucker punch goes, I haven't see it yet. I don't condone sucker punches. Weber is my favorite player, and I'll call him on it just like anyone else. With that said, we don't know what was said on the ice. This is a division rivalry, and the BJs HATE us. In the heat of the game anything can be said, especially in a game like this. Weber probably should've just dropped the gloves, though.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:37 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

BJ's suck!

Dumont will be traded. And this win felt better than an entire bottle worth of jack. Our team isn't playing good hockey but damn beating the BJ's feels so good.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:38 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Blum with another solid game. Blum is outstanding. And it isn't just because of the goal. He seems as cool as the other side of the pillow. Great outlet passes and great little plays in the defensive zone that someone like Bouillion or O'Brien would make a meal of. Speaking of which, come on O'Brien... that puck has to go up the boards. A weak backhander right down the center of the ice...

It wasn't the best performance from the Predators. But the team showed resolve in getting the win.

Ref performance was terrible for both teams. Tons of penalties missed (Tootoo was crosschecked from behind, Nash was high sticked by Ward).

Anyway, hopefully this settles the team down. The offense still isn't there though.
I also think it was Blum holding on to the puck like he did at the end of Weber's penalty that kept puck possession for us which led to our third goal. I forget who he passed it to but they sent it up to Weber and then the shot and then the rebound then the goal. Blum won't get an assist but he started the play with smarts.

Do SOB and Franson get progressively worse every game they play these days? Are they feeling the pressure that Blum has come in and playing well and they're feeling the need to step it up as opposed to playing a simple game?

Old
02-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Jarnberg

Really cool to see Geoffrion on the ice. He looked like a rookie call up, nothing glaring but seems behind the play a bit. Nothing to complain about though. Also thought he'd get more of an ovation from the fans.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I also think it was Blum holding on to the puck like he did at the end of Weber's penalty that kept puck possession for us which led to our third goal. I forget who he passed it to but they sent it up to Weber and then the shot and then the rebound then the goal. Blum won't get an assist but he started the play with smarts.

Do SOB and Franson get progressively worse every game they play these days? Are they feeling the pressure that Blum has come in and playing well and they're feeling the need to step it up as opposed to playing a simple game?
Yeah, instead of throwing the puck down the ice, Blum realized that Weber was coming out of the box. He kept the puck and dished it off to Legwand who found Weber. Great play.

O'Brien has been bad most of the season. He seems to always put guys in bad positions with terrible passes. He put Franson in an awful position today which caused him to lose the puck. O'Brien is terrible with the puck. Getting the puck out of the zone, keeping the play alive in the offensive zone and finding forwards on the break out.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:44 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
BJ's suck!

Dumont will be traded. And this win felt better than an entire bottle worth of jack. Our team isn't playing good hockey but damn beating the BJ's feels so good.
I think that's one of our problems, no more drink related GDT tittles.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:46 PM
Jonesey
It's almost time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
I think this is one of the biggest problems of the NHL right now. There is no consistency in the NHL as far as officiating. The explanation for not giving us the reviewed goal, was that they couldn't see the puck. Well, they couldn't see the puck when it got caught in Wes Waltz's equipment as he slid into the net, but they still called it a goal.

I'm not saying that, had we had that first goal that it would've been our game, just using it as an example.

Looking at the replay, it was a shoulder to shoulder hit, I don't think Umberger thought expected Weber to dump the puck, but as you said, it could've been called for a penalty, such as boarding.

I don't think hits like that should happen in the last five seconds of a game, but I don't think sucker punches should happen once the game is over either.

However, I do think that Refs should be available to the press after the game, and I think that the NHL has to find some consistency in its calls.
I completely agree with you, as a Preds fan I'm hoping for no suspension, but I wouldn't be suprised with one game.

The NHL is the most inconsistent league when it comes to officiating. There are too many examples to even begin to point out.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:46 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Of course it's not suspension worthy. Maybe you should watch figure skating..

Old
02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

[QUOTE=Gagnefan924;31282722]Quite the All Star captain you guys have! Tell me, is this suspension worthy?

Really? You're gonna ask that after he was just boarded by Umberger and he's bleeding from around his eye and no call by the refs? One thing guys need to do around the NHL is learn, don't piss Weber off. He's usually very controlled but when he gets mad, he's not much fun to play against. I wish he'd play ticked off more often but don't even think about coming in here and asking such a question until you look at all the events that led to that.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:48 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
The only thing sucks is Legwand got the game winner, padding his stats again.
Nope, it wasn't he usual 2nd assist or EN, so you are all good to gloat. No worries, it happens everytime he scores.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:50 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I love that Blue Jacket fans think their team is so great because they've almost caught up with us, and we think we suck because the Blue Jackets have almost caught up with us...

Old
02-27-2011, 05:50 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Hahaha Columbus will make sure that Boll cross checks and sucker punches Weber after the play. Its okay you dont have to be naive, the refs handed you the game after all.
Gave us the game? Really? You ended up getting a PP right after that and scoring. The hockey gods evened up the score for you.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:51 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

What's our record and against the BJs again?

Old
02-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
I love that Blue Jacket fans think their team is so great because they've almost caught up with us, and we think we suck because the Blue Jackets have almost caught up with us...
Seriously, I thought the blue jacket's got off easy. If I was trotz, I would've rolled out tootoo for that last face off and told him to disfigure nash's candy ass face into oblivion.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:55 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Seriously, I thought the blue jacket's got off easy. If I was trotz, I would've rolled out tootoo for that last face off and told him to disfigure nash's candy ass face into oblivion.
now now... let's not go all Bertuzzi here. No need to instigate these clowns. We have a playoff race to worry about here.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:11 PM
mollymcdeath
I'm drunk.

After reading BJ fans' whining rants all over the net, I've seen two recurring themes from them.
1. The refs love us and we can get away with anything we want to.
2. Why does Nashville even have a team, the whole league thinks they're a joke.

Call me crazy but aren't these two sentiments contradicting? Ohh the whole NHL hates us? But wait, the refs love us? ...what?? I feel sorry for the team having to be associated with their fans year-round.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Broom of the System

It's pretty funny that BJ's fans hate us so much and they're barely a blip on our radar. I always kind of root for them, like a scrawny little brother. Of course, it doesn't hurt that we completely dominate them.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Friedrich
This is not my hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I agree with you on this. Weber probably shouldn't have thrown the cheap shot but if the refs did their job, it probably doesn't happen. Tyutin got caught in the crossfire unfortunately. It sucks that that guys get hurt and they say the game is out of control but the refs aren't doing their jobs. Sorry if I came across as harsh a little while ago. I think I was a little amped up after the game. Thanks for being civil about it with a nice post regarding all of this.

I don't think Umberger's a dirty player at all and his intent wasn't there but the game moves fast and you have to remember where guys are on the ice and the damage that can be done.

I wonder if the NHL would ever consider a no hit zone or something like that around the boards so these types of hit wouldn't happen. Not sure it would ever work but it might give the players and the refs some guidelines as to what and where hits can take place.

By the way, what's your thought on the hit Clitsome gave to SK without the puck and to his head? Suspension worthy?
People get amped up about games. I certainly do. It happens and it's no problem.

I agree that sometimes the game just moves fast. In today's world with slow motion replays and everything, it's sometimes hard to see really how quickly everything moves. A no hit zone is an interesting suggestion. I think that hitting a player a certain distance from the boards can already qualify as a boarding call. But this goes back to the consistency issue. If a player is driven into the boards from a dangerous distance, it's sometimes called and sometimes not, sometimes suspended and sometimes not. I know the GMs and the front offices are reluctant to pass too many rules about hitting though, because they don't want to ruin the integrity of a physical game.

Clitsome: It will be interesting to see if there is any further reprimands by the league for this game in general. Our fanbase is larger than most people think. If we're playing well, we sell out, we play like crap, and no one comes, like almost any other team. It's the lease issue that endangers our team, not the interest the team generates. Unfortunately, our TV production is that of a small-market team, and if this is the hit I'm thinking of, I didn't really get a clear view of it via replay. I missed the entire first period; is this the hit that Clitsome was penalized for interference? Our TV guys are kind of homers, and don't always show replays consistently unless they are questionable. But I certainly think that hits to the head are serious. I didn't like Moreau's elbow behind the net. Rule 48 says that a player behind the net is responsible for the hits he might incur, but you put an elbow to someone's head and it's a different story entirely.

But coming back to consistency, the suspensions aren't really consistent either. It seems Crosby draws more penalties than anyone in the league, etc. Everyone needs to be on an even keel, and I understand there are grey areas, but, for example, a sucker punch should result in a penalty and/or suspension of X. An elbow to the head should result in Y. The names of the players shouldn't matter. If you don't want your big guns getting suspensions, then coach them to play a clean game.

I like the phyicality of the game, but I think teams can be aggressive and punish the other team while staying within the rules of the games. I don't like it when players of my favorite teams are cheap shotted, but by the same merits, I don't like it when they throw cheap shots either.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:14 PM
preds1

vCash: 1548
Quote:
What's our record and against the BJs again?
Patiently awaiting intelligent response.......

Old
02-27-2011, 06:16 PM
predfan24

It's getting spicy around here!!!! I like it!!!!!

Closed Thread