HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Deadline

Old
02-27-2011, 12:59 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
You're making projections you will never know the answer to. And, Poile played a part, or non-part I should say, in Radulov's situaton.

But whatever, give him Radulov. The guy who maybe could have been a legit scoringine player.
At least someone is manning up and making predictions instead of sitting back for a few seasons waiting to complain and start arguments...

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 02:22 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
All I've seen is a bunch of opinions based on hindsight. I guess I'm missing something
Yep, actual results... The standings, 5 straight 1st rd loses, and Poile's 27 year career of little-to-no playoff success.

In terms of starting arguments.. it's usually the other way around. Like in this case "I'd love to hear how Poile could have gotten a top 3 player...."

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:09 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Yep, actual results... The standings, 5 straight 1st rd loses, and Poile's 27 year career of little-to-no playoff success.

In terms of starting arguments.. it's usually the other way around. Like in this case "I'd love to hear how Poile could have gotten a top 3 player...."
:
Have you applied for the job yet?

Old
02-27-2011, 04:18 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Have you applied for the job yet?
Nope. But I could show him how to use an outgoing phone line.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Another rumor involving Nashville flying around the interwebs.

via Sportsnet: Ellis + Dumont for Clarke Macarthur

At first glance, I burst out laughing becuase I thought this deal was so bad. Macarthur is having a good year, but he hasn't been any good until this year. While I still wouldn't do it, the deal is growingon me. He does have 19 goals on a bad team, and he's getting paid 1.1 mil and will be an RFA at season's end. Ellis has tremendous upside, but is also a huge risk. Dumont has negative value right now. The money we gain in this deal would pay for Weber's raise (about 3 mil). If the threw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder or a prospect, I would take a serious look at it. I don't think I'd do it, but Dumont + Ellis for Macarthur + 3rd + Weber's raise isn't as bad as it looked at first glance

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Nope. But I could show him how to use an outgoing phone line.
Wow this is an uninformed post. Poile makes plenty of trades. Are they always good trades? No, not at all. But you can't argue that he isn't active in the trade market.

Maybe you could teach him how to make good trades?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:06 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Wow this is an uninformed post. Poile makes plenty of trades. Are they always good trades? No, not at all. But you can't argue that he isn't active in the trade market.

Maybe you could teach him how to make good trades?
The trouble is, good trades are rare. Especially good deadline trades.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
I understand that. I just get tired of all of the same old, stale arguments about how we all need to jump on the blame Poile wagon because of something someone looked up several years after the fact. We aren't paid to be GMs, you're right. So why is it only fair to critique him instead of trying to look at it from his perspective at the time?

/rant
I do agree that we also need to look at it from his perspective also. I've said it before, but I think that is why Legwand and Erat got the payouts they did. Hopefully this doesn't go into a thread about their pay, but on the topic of Poile's perspective, Legwand and Erat got their payouts after the new owners took over after we just had a good amount of roster turnover. They were overpaid with NMC clauses to keep them here.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Another rumor involving Nashville flying around the interwebs.

via Sportsnet: Ellis + Dumont for Clarke Macarthur

At first glance, I burst out laughing becuase I thought this deal was so bad. Macarthur is having a good year, but he hasn't been any good until this year. While I still wouldn't do it, the deal is growingon me. He does have 19 goals on a bad team, and he's getting paid 1.1 mil and will be an RFA at season's end. Ellis has tremendous upside, but is also a huge risk. Dumont has negative value right now. The money we gain in this deal would pay for Weber's raise (about 3 mil). If the threw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder or a prospect, I would take a serious look at it. I don't think I'd do it, but Dumont + Ellis for Macarthur + 3rd + Weber's raise isn't as bad as it looked at first glance
Yikes if true. I'm okay with Ellis being traded, but I feel like he could be used for something bigger. Obviously we'd have to throw in alot to get Dumont out of town with his salary.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

There could be something to that trade. During the broadcast Tom indicated that Dumont being scratched could have something to do with a possible trade, and he didn't even say it in a roundabout way either, it was pretty blunt.

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:58 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I do agree that we also need to look at it from his perspective also. I've said it before, but I think that is why Legwand and Erat got the payouts they did. Hopefully this doesn't go into a thread about their pay, but on the topic of Poile's perspective, Legwand and Erat got their payouts after the new owners took over after we just had a good amount of roster turnover. They were overpaid with NMC clauses to keep them here.
No to mention we were overpaying on every new contract just to reach the cap floor. You're right. Those guys were given their long contracts to keep them here. Our team had just been gutted. We HAD to have a core. I'm ok with it. It doesn't even really handicap our team payroll wise.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:05 PM
predfan24

From what I understand the Toronto rumor was just guys from Sportsnet discussing trades they would like to see. Not an actual rumor. Thank god because that would be awful for us.

The Dumont one has more bite to it. A guy from RDS is reporting Dumont is willing to waive to go to MTL and a twitter guy who apparently has good connections with MTL named *************** actually says a deal in principle is done for Dumont they are just waiting for Dumont to waive. It's funny I was actually joking with my dad when they announced Dumont was scratched that they were trying to discourage him so he would waive and go to MTL. I wouldn't be surprised to actually see something go down.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
From what I understand the Toronto rumor was just guys from Sportsnet discussing trades they would like to see. Not an actual rumor. Thank god because that would be awful for us.

The Dumont one has more bite to it. A guy from RDS is reporting Dumont is willing to waive to go to MTL and a twitter guy who apparently has good connections with MTL named *************** actually says a deal in principle is done for Dumont they are just waiting for Dumont to waive. It's funny I was actually joking with my dad when they announced Dumont was scratched that they were trying to discourage him so he would waive and go to MTL. I wouldn't be surprised to actually see something go down.
Not that it means it won't happen, but Cooper is saying on Twitter that Poile hasn't asked Dumont to waive. http://twitter.com/#!/JoshuaCooper

Old
02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Not that it means it won't happen, but Cooper is saying on Twitter that Poile hasn't asked Dumont to waive. http://twitter.com/#!/JoshuaCooper
The good thing is this won't drag on. We'll know here within 24 hours Dumont's fate. I'd hate to see him go but If Trotz doesn't want to use him then all he's doing is taking up cap and salary room.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
I was told from someone that spoke straight to Poile that Dumont will not be traded and that he will not ask him to waive his clause. The same person though agrees with me that Dumont will be bought out this summer...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:29 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I was told from someone that spoke straight to Poile that Dumont will not be traded and that he will not ask him to waive his clause. The same person though agrees with me that Dumont will be bought out this summer...
I don't know who this someone was but a GM is not going to tell his hand. I agree with what's been said but I don't think Poile is being forthright either.

That also doesn't mean Dumont doesn't go to Poile and says it's ok for him to moved.

Last edited by glenngineer: 02-27-2011 at 06:37 PM.
glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
I was hoping...

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
I don't know who this someone was but a GM is not going to tell his hand. I agree with what's been said but I don't think Poile is being forthright either.

That also doesn't mean Dumont doesn't go to Poile and says it's ok for him to moved.
I trust this person. Not to mention that Cooper is reporting the same.

Poile won't say who he's after, but he will be forthright regarding this based on my experiences.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:42 PM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Quote:

Poile won't say who he's after, but he will be forthright regarding this based on my experiences.
I'm not doubting this. Sometimes there's more to this than your person can say. I know Poile hasn't asked but does it mean Dumont doesn't come to him and says, if there's a deal to so and so destination, make it.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:

What is the point of keeping dumont then if we are just going to buy him out? Stupid if you ask me. Really really stupid.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:20 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
What is the point of keeping dumont then if we are just going to buy him out? Stupid if you ask me. Really really stupid.
could be in what you have to do to get rid of him. give up a strong prospect and get very little in return? not sure I dump JP in that situation. mediocre prospect and the guy we get back is a rental? that works for me. likely it'd be more the former than the latter.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:00 PM
hattrix40

J.P. Dumont Gone???

J.P. Dumont a healthy scratch today, let the rumors begin.

Dumont will be gone by the end of the deadline tomorrow. I put money on that.

hattrix40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Jarnberg

Dumont was scratched because Tootoo was a better match-up against the Blue Jackets.

I'd be willing to bet that he isn't moved.

Old
02-27-2011, 09:46 PM
predfan24

Reading the Trade section of the board( I know it's a joke) Ellis and Blum are criminally underrated.

Old
02-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

Read an article that says Rumors of Dumont to Toronto or Montreal are false, and Poile's reaction...

"There's no truth to any of it," Poile told ESPN.com. "J.P. has a no-movement clause and I haven't spoken to him about it."

Of course he doesn't say that a trade with another team won't happen and he won't ask JP to waive tomorrow, it's always a game and Poile can say definitive things like the above and not be lying to us outright.

Legionnaire11 is online now   Reply With Quote