HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 62 | Craig Anderson vs Philadelphia | 4-1 Ottawa...Wait, WTF?!?!

Old
02-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
Ask Binghamton what they think of his attitude.
Have no interest in what Binghamton thinks of Lee, most of which is just unsubstantiated fan opinion or rumour.

Lee obviously showed good work ethic, determination, and a positive attitude in Ottawa or he would not have been given the opportunity to play.

Once the opportunity was given him, he has been very good. The more he has played, the more responsibility he has been given, and the last few games has played on the first pairing with Phillips. Interestingly, Phillips is a +2 in those games.

So while it has been the hobby of many to bash Lee, while praising Carkner, it just shows what little some fans know about evaluating NHL talent.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalCityGoofball View Post
He also got totally smoked on an icing. I'm just saying he's slower than I thought...I'm not saying he sucks.

Kuba would have probably caught Zherdev....

Anyway, all in all a fun game to watch. Love having a goalie who is always in position and does not give up huge rebounds!
Not many defencemen in the NHL have the speed forwards do, it about positioning and playing angles. Karlsson is pretty fast but looked 'stopped' when Hartnell went around him last night.

Last edited by Holdurbreathe: 02-27-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:06 PM
FreakyBunny

That was a lot of fun to watch last night! I was resined to the loss after one, but really got back into it in the 2nd and 3rd. That doesn't happen much.

FreakyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Xspyrit

lol calm down people, Islanders blanked the Red Wings last year...

In another note, a look at the defense next year

Gonchar-Rundblad
Cowen-Karlsson
Phillips-Lee
Carkner

2 of Kuba, Gonchar and Campoli need to be traded (or waived/bought out in Kuba's case). I'd like to keep Campoli but the return for him could be interesting. Well, it all depends on Phillips case in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalCityGoofball View Post
Excellent game ...first one in a long time I watched start to finish.

I too thought Lee played well, but my god he is SLOW as molasses. Zherdev made him look like an absolute pylon early in the game.

So nice to watch a competent goalie!
A hockey fan should know better : you don't draw conclusions from one single play. Lee got caught flat-footed, simple as that

Zherdev showed incrdible speed on that play though.

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:52 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
A hockey fan should know better : you don't draw conclusions from one single play. Lee got caught flat-footed, simple as that

Are you serious? This is what you posted right after it happened.

Quote:
Where was Brian Lee speed?
A hockey fan should know better.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Quote:

There were at least two or three plays where I thought Lee looked slow - the Zherdev play as well a few other puck races.

But, I would not let those plays change what I already know -- Lee's an above average skater for an NHL d-man.

The most likely explanation is that he's got some kind of minor injury that is slowing him down a touch.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Are you serious? This is what you posted right after it happened.

A hockey fan should know better.
lol, calm down. I know Brian Lee is your favorite player but I never said "Brian Lee is SLOW as molasses". I said " Where was Brian Lee speed? "

You know like, where was his speed on that particular play? I know he has been caught flat footed but he seemed slow there. Don't you agree?

It could also tell you that I think that Brian Lee is a lot faster than he showed on that particular play... Don't you think?

This kind of thing happens to every player in the league. I saw it happening to Karlsson who is a very very fast skater.

In the end, one play won't change my perception of a player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeb View Post
There were at least two or three plays where I thought Lee looked slow - the Zherdev play as well a few other puck races.

But, I would not let those plays change what I already know -- Lee's an above average skater for an NHL d-man.

The most likely explanation is that he's got some kind of minor injury that is slowing him down a touch.
Maybe, or just had a bad day. We oftenly forget that hockey players are humans too and not robots. Maybe he didn't sleep well, or he didn't have a nice lunch...

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote