HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2010-2011 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2011, 05:21 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500

Old
02-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhldraftvideo View Post
Nice goal by Gallagher last night @ 0:56

He scored a similar one short while ago too on hockey day in Canada.

1:08

Old
02-26-2011, 06:09 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

his highlight reel at the end of the year should be good

Old
02-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Gutless....hitting a guy when he has his shirt on.....Sorry, just preparing myself for some Bruins comments...

Old
02-26-2011, 06:11 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Gutless....hitting a guy when he has his shirt on.....Sorry, just preparing myself for some Bruins comments...
Wow, refs saved that guys life.

Old
02-26-2011, 09:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
Ryan White once was a WHL leader in points... Why you describe him as a top skilled player ?
Yes, White was a skilled player in junior, good shot and good passer but not the same, Leblanc has done it at every level to date. So how does he do it then if he's not highly skilled?

Old
02-26-2011, 10:24 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Well Shaw was certainly not better to hit Tinordi when he was held his head down by the referee...

Just curious to see how Lucic will deal with Tinordi!
Getting ready for the Ruins too!

According to the values that his father would have shown him, I don't see Jared fighting very often.
But according to how his father did in fights, anyone who succeed to make Jared drop the gloves will be in for a serious ride
Anyone has any doubt that his father showed him all the tricks to handle himself...
I hope tinordi has already started taking boxing lessons. If he learns how to fight, he could become one of the most feared guys in the league.

Old
02-26-2011, 10:54 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
I love how before the fight, he push like 3 people at the same time and it looks effortless! I can't wait to see him in the pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
No, unfortunately he isn't. He's got to build strength, as he falls way to often when defenceman get physical with him. Can't deny the heart, as he's always right back up, but he he needs to work on his strength, and quite frankly I would like to see him back in the ahl. I think it would do him a lot of good. You can see the difference in his game when he plays center and since we've traded our number one in Hamilton, he'd have all the ice time in the world.
I don't think you get my point, of course he needs to bulk up, as every 21 years old player in the league, but when Dmen doesn't get physical with him, Dmen have a hard time with him.

Old
02-26-2011, 11:36 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I love how before the fight, he push like 3 people at the same time and it looks effortless! I can't wait to see him in the pros.

I don't think you get my point, of course he needs to bulk up, as every 21 years old player in the league, but when Dmen doesn't get physical with him, Dmen have a hard time with him.
Did you notice how fast he threw that right hand at 0:25? He could have killed the kid

Old
02-27-2011, 01:13 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Well Shaw was certainly not better to hit Tinordi when he was held his head down by the referee...

Just curious to see how Lucic will deal with Tinordi!
Getting ready for the Ruins too!

According to the values that his father would have shown him, I don't see Jared fighting very often.
But according to how his father did in fights, anyone who succeed to make Jared drop the gloves will be in for a serious ride
Anyone has any doubt that his father showed him all the tricks to handle himself...
Mark Tinordi was one tough SOB. if Jarred is 1/3 of the fighter his dad was he's going to be fine. go watch some of Mark fight on YT the one againts Wendel Clark their just throwing bomb after bomb. Another one vs Probert and he get his ass kick but how the heck does he's not go down is beyond me. tough tough tough.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:59 AM
SeriousFan09

Gallagher's still terrorizing the WHL, two more goals and an assist tonight after a goal and two assists last night. Beat last season's mark of 81 points by going to 83 points tonight and matched his career-best in goals of 41 at the 60-game mark.

Old
02-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Will he get ahead of Nugent-Hopkins?

Both have three seasons in WHL (although Nugent-Hopkins played 5 games in his first season).
Gallagher has 164 games: that 31 games more than the top-3 in the next draft.

Of course, Nugent-Hopkins is taller and a bit heavier!

Am I comparing Gallagher, a fifth round with a top-3 in the next draft?
Of course not...
But still Gallagher keeps progressing every year.
He should be in WJC next season. We could have plenty of opportunity to see him.

Bournival, Gallagher, Tinordi in next WJC: Does this makes sense?
Did I miss anyone?

Leblanc and Kristo are too old and will probably be in AHL.
Dogs have been partly depleted this year: Kristo and Leblanc would help them...
Indeed, big changing of the guard between start of this year and start of next year.

Tough to really picture what the line-up next season might look like.

Wyman - Leblanc - Palushaj
Dawes - Engqvist - Avtsin
Conboy - Fortier - Kristo
Schultz - Dumont - Lefebvre

A little weak at center as Leblanc, as a rookie, would be the only really offensive one. But I guess that's to be expected after losing Desharnais and Maxwell. Maybe they sign an AHL vet. Guessing Ryan Russell may be done with the org, Boyd may choose to try his luck somewhere else, and Bonneau might have been a one-and-done, or may be re-signed for toughness and depth.

On D, will be interesting to see if Stejskal is signed, and/or maybe Pateryn. You have Henry and Nash under contract, and Carle I imagine will be back. Klubertanz, St. Denis and Festerling are RFAs, so we'll see what they want to do or how management feels.

Old
02-27-2011, 12:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Congrats to Michigan on winning the CCHA title again. They get a first round bye for the playoffs which start next weekend.

Dartmouth ends up 3rd overall in the ECAC, so they will be the 1st seed for round 1 next weekend in the best of 3 series against Colgate who ended up last in the conference. Stejskal was a -3 in his final regular season NCAA game, and at home, tough way to go out. Will be interesting to see what they can do in the playoffs, if they can put together a good run they could be looking at a possible Frozen Four appearance (if they win the ECAC championship they get an auto bid but that will be tough)

North Dakota moves up to #1 in the pairwise, so unless they fall apart they should be a lock for the FF's.

Ramo with a SO in the 1st round of the playoffs, good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
A little weak at center as Leblanc, as a rookie, would be the only really offensive one. But I guess that's to be expected after losing Desharnais and Maxwell. Maybe they sign an AHL vet. Guessing Ryan Russell may be done with the org, Boyd may choose to try his luck somewhere else, and Bonneau might have been a one-and-done, or may be re-signed for toughness and depth.

On D, will be interesting to see if Stejskal is signed, and/or maybe Pateryn. You have Henry and Nash under contract, and Carle I imagine will be back. Klubertanz, St. Denis and Festerling are RFAs, so we'll see what they want to do or how management feels.
St-Denis will be back, unless he wants to try his luck elsewhere cause he's a big part of the Dogs D. Hunter Bishop should be a regular for sure, Masse could be. Wyman's a UFA so he may opt to leave. Not sure what they will do with Russell, he works hard but is not having a good year.

If they go into next season with a D of Nash, St-Denis, Festerling, Klubertanz and Henry then they should be in good shape. I'd be surprised if Pateryn turned pro, and I hope Stejskal is signed even if he ends up in the ECHL.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I have to say....Bennett REALLY seemed to have gained some weight in his upper body. That guy was incredibly lean but looks much bigger now. Great to see. Might never reach the size in height of most of his family, but he can totally gain the strength.

Old
02-27-2011, 01:24 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Congrats to Michigan on winning the CCHA title again. They get a first round bye for the playoffs which start next weekend.

Dartmouth ends up 3rd overall in the ECAC, so they will be the 1st seed for round 1 next weekend in the best of 3 series against Colgate who ended up last in the conference. Stejskal was a -3 in his final regular season NCAA game, and at home, tough way to go out. Will be interesting to see what they can do in the playoffs, if they can put together a good run they could be looking at a possible Frozen Four appearance (if they win the ECAC championship they get an auto bid but that will be tough)

North Dakota moves up to #1 in the pairwise, so unless they fall apart they should be a lock for the FF's.

Ramo with a SO in the 1st round of the playoffs, good to hear.

St-Denis will be back, unless he wants to try his luck elsewhere cause he's a big part of the Dogs D. Hunter Bishop should be a regular for sure, Masse could be. Wyman's a UFA so he may opt to leave. Not sure what they will do with Russell, he works hard but is not having a good year.

If they go into next season with a D of Nash, St-Denis, Festerling, Klubertanz and Henry then they should be in good shape. I'd be surprised if Pateryn turned pro, and I hope Stejskal is signed even if he ends up in the ECHL.
Why? In my head, it was a no brainer. The guy is physically ready and he will be 21 next year. Is there anything in his game that makes him not ready to turn pro?

Old
02-27-2011, 11:51 PM
SeriousFan09

Brendan Gallagher with another 2G, 2A for Sunday night. 10 points in three days, goes past last season's mark of 41G to 43G. 87 points on his season with 10 games to go, he's on track for 100+ points, he's been at a 1.74PPG pace since January.

Old
02-28-2011, 01:04 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
Brendan Gallagher with another 2G, 2A for Sunday night. 10 points in three days, goes past last season's mark of 41G to 43G. 87 points on his season with 10 games to go, he's on track for 100+ points, he's been at a 1.74PPG pace since January.
I figure he's staying another year in junior, but what's the point? Can he really progress if he keeps burning it up this easy?

Old
02-28-2011, 09:03 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousFan09 View Post
I seriously love the way this kid plays. He can be a future Gionta for us. All heart, goes into the high traffic areas, no fear, has a nose for the net and is really really skilled. I don't care how small he is (at least he's bigger then Gionta or Gerbe), you can't overlook this type of player in the new NHL.

Old
02-28-2011, 10:08 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

MichaŽl Bournival is one of the 5 finalists for the Marcel Robert trophy in the Q (academic achievement). The kid is incredible. GREAT work ethic in all aspects of his life. That kind of player makes the NHL and have success because they always outwork everybody else.

Old
02-28-2011, 10:23 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I seriously love the way this kid plays. He can be a future Gionta for us. All heart, goes into the high traffic areas, no fear, has a nose for the net and is really really skilled. I don't care how small he is (at least he's bigger then Gionta or Gerbe), you can't overlook this type of player in the new NHL.
Skatting's an issue though... but I don't mind having another Desharnais type player in the system... small but very talented...

Old
02-28-2011, 10:27 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Skatting's an issue though... but I don't mind having another Desharnais type player in the system... small but very talented...
Well, he's only 18, so hopefully he can work on that over the next couple of years. You're right, we can never have too many of this type of player in our system.

Old
02-28-2011, 11:08 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Why? In my head, it was a no brainer. The guy is physically ready and he will be 21 next year. Is there anything in his game that makes him not ready to turn pro?
He could use more experience, this is the first year he's been a regular, in the 2nd half of last year he started getting a regular spot. In addition he spent all year on the 3rd pairing, so next year he would likely have a bigger role. So they don't need to rush him, he is physically ready but would like to see what he could do in a bigger role.

Congrats to North Dakota for winning the WCHA regular season title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I figure he's staying another year in junior, but what's the point? Can he really progress if he keeps burning it up this easy?
He has to stay another year. The same thing happened to Corey Locke when he had 151 pts and was named the OHL and CHL player of the year but since he was 19 and didn't have 4 full years under his belt he had to go back to the OHL.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:33 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
He could use more experience, this is the first year he's been a regular, in the 2nd half of last year he started getting a regular spot. In addition he spent all year on the 3rd pairing, so next year he would likely have a bigger role. So they don't need to rush him, he is physically ready but would like to see what he could do in a bigger role.

Congrats to North Dakota for winning the WCHA regular season title.

He has to stay another year. The same thing happened to Corey Locke when he had 151 pts and was named the OHL and CHL player of the year but since he was 19 and didn't have 4 full years under his belt he had to go back to the OHL.
Hey Montreal, I was actually thinking of this comparison the other day (Locke and Gallagher). Are these players somewhat similar or not at all? I mean, I know they're both somewhat smaller players, but correct me if i'm wrong, Locke is/was much more of a perimeter player, where as Gallagher seems to me much more feisty and willing to get his nose dirty in front of the net to score..I have much more confidence in a guy like Gallagher and the way he plays than Locke, but its so damn hard to predict how players will develop. One things for sure about Gallagher, he seems to have a great head on his shoulders and the drive to succeed.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:47 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
MichaŽl Bournival is one of the 5 finalists for the Marcel Robert trophy in the Q (academic achievement). The kid is incredible. GREAT work ethic in all aspects of his life. That kind of player makes the NHL and have success because they always outwork everybody else.
I too expect big things from Bournival, that was one of PG's good deals.Can't wait to see how the team fares between now and the playoffs.

Old
02-28-2011, 01:00 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Bournival is a beast. He strives to be the best in every possible way.

Closed Thread