HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dal-la

Old
02-27-2011, 12:55 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Forbort, Moller, 1st?
Don't see how Dean can say no if Richards is suffering no serious effects from his recent concusson.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 01:39 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

This thread is far more realistic than the Hemsky mess and should stay near the top of the page.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:33 AM
Manbearpig17

Eriksson + Richards

for

Stoll+ Drewiske + Schenn + Forbort + 2011 first + 2012 first

essentially 4 first round picks( Schenn 5th overall) (Forbort 12th overall ithink) + Stoll and DD2....I'll add Teubert the second dallas declines then I'd add Hickey but I think this gets it done as is.

and for the op:

I would rather have Simmonds for the rest of his career than Richards for a rental and maybe a re-sign at the age of 31...just saying.

Manbearpig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 05:50 AM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig17 View Post
Eriksson + Richards

for

essentially 4 first round picks( Schenn 5th overall) (Forbort 12th overall ithink) + Stoll and DD2....I'll add Teubert the second dallas declines then I'd add Hickey but I think this gets it done as is.

and for the op:

I would rather have Simmonds for the rest of his career than Richards for a rental and maybe a re-sign at the age of 31...just saying.
Are you new to hockey, completely ignorant about the Stars, or just a moron?

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:24 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Eriksson + Richards

for

and for the op:

Richards + Eriksson for "essentially 4 1st rounders"?

This proposal is embarrassing!

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:42 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
This thread is far more realistic than the Hemsky mess and should stay near the top of the page.
Why did you jinx it?

The very next post asks for Eriksson from the Stars .... lol.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:49 AM
rajuabju

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Why did you jinx it?

The very next post asks for Eriksson from the Stars .... lol.
Dont worry. Any REAL King fan understands that Stoll + Drewiske does not equal Eriksson.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Crown Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
I'm going with "all of the above".

Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Manbearpig17

Look, ya'll could bet your only remaining tooth that you aren't making the play-offs so relax. you want us to take on a 30+ year old rental (who's over priced) for young talent that many in LA (including DL) consider part of our core, and I'm crazy for submitting a blockbuster that (when you look beyond Stoll and Drewiske) is Fair value. If you bored spurs and Cowboys fans would realize Who Schenn and Forbort are you would see the equal value.

The package offered to you does require you sending a young all-star with a longterm low cap hit our way..yes, it also requires you to get a return for a player that (you know) will walk when Dallas' self limiting cap comes into play at the negotiation table.

the package allows your cheap franchise (ran by a Gm that over paid for Goligoski) to cut years off of your inevitable rebuild. If you don't take this deal you will lose Richards in a couple of months and by the time you rebuild into contenders (if you ever do so) Eriksson will be fed up with years of losing and opt to not sign with you guys in his first year as a ufa. So, instead of insulting my intelligence take the time to read the whole offer and realize what it means for your team.: #1 center and former line mate of your first round pick Glennie, A huge, young, potential #1 defensmen(drafted just outside of the top 10 for a reason) plus you will be picking twice in the first round for the first two years of your rebuild and, a great bridge player at center and Defense in-order to not rush developing prospects.....basically a complete rebuild in one trade....and like I said, I'd add Hickey and Teubert(both first round picks in a position that you need help at.

it's a fair deal just look how much Schenn is wanted by fans of every team on this board...that must mean he sucks and is overrated right?

Manbearpig17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:15 PM
BigG44

Congrats on he crystal ball you own that no one else has. I'm sorry, but you're wrong about Schenn and Eriksson. Eriksson is a more valuable player and trade chip than Schenn and a defenseman.

I'm not complaining about Dallas injuries because everyone has them, but Dallas' slide was result of them. It's not a shock that it started when a combination of Benn, Burish, Richards, and other depth forwards were all out.

The fact that Dallas is likely going to keep Richards like most informed fans have said all along means they'll have the exact same team was 4th in the league back together soon. So if GM Joe decides not to trade him, I'll be fine with that, and your little guarantee about Dallas missing the playoffs will be a cute reminder about the delusional posters on HF.

I don't think Richards has a future in Dallas unless a miracle happens with ownership, but these delusional, know-it-all tirades are getting old.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
Look, ya'll could bet your only remaining tooth that you aren't making the play-offs so relax. you want us to take on a 30+ year old rental (who's over priced) for young talent that many in LA (including DL) consider part of our core, and I'm crazy for submitting a blockbuster that (when you look beyond Stoll and Drewiske) is Fair value. If you bored spurs and Cowboys fans would realize Who Schenn and Forbort are you would see the equal value.
First of all, it's punctuated as y'all (as in you all).
Secondly, you call Richards overpriced when you're team is paying Ryan Smyth about 1.5 million less for a smaller impact on your team.
Thirdly, showing your ignorance (as reflected by the bolded section) is a great way to get people to take you seriously.

And finally, you're not being called crazy for your asinine proposal, you're being called ignorant, because clearly you don't have a grasp on reality when it comes to player value.

Quote:
The package offered to you does require you sending a young all-star with a longterm low cap hit our way..yes, it also requires you to get a return for a player that (you know) will walk when Dallas' self limiting cap comes into play at the negotiation table.

the package allows your cheap franchise (ran by a Gm that over paid for Goligoski) to cut years off of your inevitable rebuild. If you don't take this deal you will lose Richards in a couple of months and by the time you rebuild into contenders (if you ever do so) Eriksson will be fed up with years of losing and opt to not sign with you guys in his first year as a ufa. So, instead of insulting my intelligence take the time to read the whole offer and realize what it means for your team.: #1 center and former line mate of your first round pick Glennie, A huge, young, potential #1 defensmen(drafted just outside of the top 10 for a reason) plus you will be picking twice in the first round for the first two years of your rebuild and, a great bridge player at center and Defense in-order to not rush developing prospects.....basically a complete rebuild in one trade....and like I said, I'd add Hickey and Teubert(both first round picks in a position that you need help at.

it's a fair deal just look how much Schenn is wanted by fans of every team on this board...that must mean he sucks and is overrated right?
Yes, a team that has young players like Benn, Eriksson, Wandell, Vincour, Daley, Grossman, Fistric, and Lehtonen definitely needs to rebuild. But sure, why not take our best forward in Eriksson for a bunch of maybes and what-ifs as far as development and impact in the NHL because it will give us "basically a complete rebuild".

Your post is full of completely demeaning comments toward our franchise which only proves to show that you can't be taken seriously involving any "reasoning" or deals between the two.

So go ahead and keep hatin, Nostradamus.
I'll just be over here.....in the REAL world.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 02:45 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Eriksson + Richards

for

and for the op:

This whole post is just embarrassing.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:18 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Eriksson + Richards

for

and for the op:

You are arguing about how overrated and overpaid Richards is, but yet you want him? I don't get it.

Richards and Eriksson will never be traded in the same trade.

If Richards is traded, it is as a rental and he will get a return similar to Hossa and Kovalchuk. I'd guess something like 1st + Voynov/Hickey + Moller, with no conditional resigning picks or anything like that. Just a straight up rental for potential trade.

Eriksson is a great young hockey player signed for a long time. Take what LA would want for Brown, and add to it. Eriksson is really good. And I'm an LA fan. To be honest, I think a Brown for Eriksson swap is pretty lateral, though I think Eriksson is more gifted offensively.

A lot of people forget that Richards was deadly on the left wing with Tampa Bay.

Richards-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Clifford-Handzus-Simmonds
Ponikarovsky-Lewis-Richardson

That is a playoff-caliber top-12. Richards very well could be exactly what LA needs, and Lombardi might overpay. Doubt roster players move, though.

Well, I doubt Richards even leaves tomorrow (today), but what do I know.

TL;DR: I don't think Richards will be traded, but as strictly a rental, I could see LA offering one of Voynov, Hickey, or Martinez, plus Moller, 1st round 2011, and perhaps a Ponikarovsky salary dump.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:26 AM
TangoMcBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
Quote:
Look, ya'll could bet your only remaining tooth that you aren't making the play-offs so relax.
I'd say the answer is rather apparent.

TangoMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote