HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So I'm Going to the Flyers Wives' Carnival

Old
02-27-2011, 07:16 PM
i am dave

vCash: 500
Just got back - it was a blast.

The first house band was HORRENDOUS in their song selection, voices, and look (I'm sorry, but some people just should not wear half shirts). Also, I don't think "Like a Virgin" is appropriate for the event. Second band, leaps and bounds better.

There were a number of players who were able to take walk-ups. Zherdev was notable amongst those. Poor guy, haha.

I got Giroux to sign my jersey, and my girlfriend got to hug Chris Pronger. I even snuck a picture with Phil Pritchard! It was an awesome day.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Mosetter27

i had a list of players that i wanted to get autos from

Bartullis, Briere, Zherdev, Shelly, Boucher, Bobrovsky, Betts, Powe, Nodl, Meszaros, Carle, Lappy, Carcillo, Leino....

i knew i wasnt gonna get a chance with richards, carter, pronger, giroux w/o waiting for 7 hours...

i got everyone on my list except, meszaros, carle, lappy, carcillo, leino

i got boucher & bob to sign my flyers goalie helmet

i didnt get to hit alumni row... but o well ill get it next year

surrel expierences wth bartullis and zherdev... all around great time... post pics later... hope everyone had as good a time as i did..

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
Just got back - it was a blast.

The first house band was HORRENDOUS in their song selection, voices, and look (I'm sorry, but some people just should not wear half shirts). Also, I don't think "Like a Virgin" is appropriate for the event. Second band, leaps and bounds better.

There were a number of players who were able to take walk-ups. Zherdev was notable amongst those. Poor guy, haha.

I got Giroux to sign my jersey, and my girlfriend got to hug Chris Pronger. I even snuck a picture with Phil Pritchard! It was an awesome day.
Haha, I thought the exact same thing.

I also had a great time. If you go in with the expectations that you will be waiting in lines and may not get all the players you want, it's well worth it.

For those that can't make it, here are a couple videos of Lappy and Caricllo "boxing" with fans. Carcillo was pretty funny but Lappy is such an entertainer.

Here's Carle playing some game on the Wii that's pretty funny....

This was my big, huge, ridiculous purchase. It's an autographed SCF banner that hung at the Wach during the playoffs. Signed by Pronger. It's friggin' huge but will be great in my bar..LOL

But here's my pride and joy. I got so lucky to get this. I had gotten that pic I made for him signed, but did not wait in line for the picture with him. It was about 15 before is photo session ended, I popped in, and there was NO LINE. I think they literally closed his booth 2 people after me.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:50 PM
Black Ice

I was a wimp so I only got one autograph but it was Lappy and I'm very happy about that. I know what to do next year.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:30 AM
Slowbro

dont get me wrong, i love the flyers.. hell, even charity- but i have no interest in meeting anyone. weird? perhaps.

Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Mosetter27

AWESOME that you got to meet lappy... wish i could say the same... i went to go in his line and they said no more hes has 4 guests and 5 minutes! UGH!!!

did anyone get a chance to get any of them pronger and richards canada jerseys UGH i saw a white and red of both just sitting there and i was like eh... ill pick em up later.. later they only had blanks... and i dont buy blanks any more cause blanks sit there FOREVER lol...

one thing that i got was cool that I love but wish i could find more of is the program insert cards... i love them things.... i wish there was a way to get the whole set from each year.. :sigh: i have 13 from this year...

Mosetter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:32 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by triqsix View Post
dont get me wrong, i love the flyers.. hell, even charity- but i have no interest in meeting anyone. weird? perhaps.
i'm pretty much the same way when it comes to meeting them at a place like the Carnival simply because other people are idiots

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:55 AM
treeman

the real question is...... who bought a Briere Bunch Hat?

www.brierebunch.com

treeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 07:12 PM
i am dave

This was fun.

i am dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:23 PM
phillyflu

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am dave View Post
This was fun.

That guy, has the coolest job in the world.

phillyflu is offline   Reply With Quote