HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official Trade Deadline Day Thread #2

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2011, 12:42 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
I think that we are not going to have any big deals unless for Richards
I see stastny, and to a lesser extent Hemsky, as possible sleeper deals.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I see stastny, and to a lesser extent Hemsky, as possible sleeper deals.
I do not see Statsny coming but if he is then I would be really excited and i think that Hemsky is going to end up in LA

Old
02-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

I think Lombardi caves and will deal for Hemsky. Which would bode well for us.

Old
02-28-2011, 01:50 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Sather and Torts have both being parroting the mantra of not trading our core youth so with that, I can't see us trading for Statsny. Dallas appears to be asking for too much for Richards but I wonder if they turned down Richards' 1 year extension offer, it seems like they are ready to take the best offer they receive. He is a top top talent so gotta give to get, so the question is "who are our core youth in the eyes of Sather and Torts?" I guess we'll find out tomorrow. Although if rumors are to believed, Stepan is included in that group. Staal, Dubinksy, and Callahan should be shoo-ins.

Old
02-28-2011, 01:55 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

will there be a feed for tsn?

Old
02-28-2011, 01:58 AM
tlallstar6

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
will there be a feed for tsn?
Last year I was able to watch it through nhl.com not sure what they plan on doing this year.

NHL Network will also show it but I know most people don't get that.

Old
02-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6166050http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6166050

Did someone post this yet? I'm having a hard time believing Brad Boyes was traded for so little. Would have LOVED him for just a 2nd.
JD trying to help us miss the playoffs?

Weird, I thought Boyes would fetch more.

Old
02-28-2011, 04:51 AM
Levitate

Boyes hasn't been nearly as good as he was in that 2008-09 season. 2nd rounder is probably about right

Old
02-28-2011, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
The Post has learned that Dallas general manager Joe Nieuwendyk has come off his preposterous mid-week request for three core players and is now insisting the Blueshirts include 22-year-old Artem Anisimov with a first-round draft choice and a blue-chip prospect for the right to rent Richards before today's 3 p.m. trade deadline.

Dallas is seeking an equivalent package from the Kings, who are believed to be the only other team for whom Richards would waive his no-trade.

The Rangers have cap hoops to jump through in order to acquire Richards, but if they maneuver correctly, they could gain an additional $2.216 million of space by placing Chris Drury and Alexander Frolov on the Long Term Injury list, though that would make it impossible for the captain --recovering from Feb. 11 knee surgery -- to return during the regular season.

It would be a tough enough call to yield so much for a healthy Richards, but the brain injury makes the decision even more complex for Sather, whose own sniper, Marian Gaborik, did not have a good weekend after skating on Friday.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1FFXjEFhP

NO
OXI
NIENTE
NYET

N.0.

What is so complex?

According to Staple,the Rangers are not yielding a top young roster player or top prospect in the deal. The report by Brooks has two components in the deal. Who is the top prospect? Either Kreider or McIlrath. No way and no.

LA is not giving Shenn.

Hoops. The Harlem Globe Trotters couldn't navigate the hoops regarding the cap. Brooks didn't mention the bonus money/cap penalty which counts in the summer cap and season cap.

I haven't had a drink 32 months yesterday but I might have one today IF concussed Richards is a Ranger for AA,1st round pick and Kreider/McIlrath.

Not to mention,the Rangers have 5 games this week. 18 games left in the season. Is Richards going to plat this week?

Yeah Richards is skating. Not in practice. In sweat pants by himself. We'll put a yellow no-contact sweater on him for the games. Please

Old
02-28-2011, 05:07 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1FFXjEFhP

NO
OXI
NIENTE
NYET

N.0.

What is so complex?

According to Staple,the Rangers are not yielding a top young roster player or top prospect in the deal. The report by Brooks has two components in the deal. Who is the top prospect? Either Kreider or McIlrath. No way and no.

LA is not giving Shenn.

Hoops. The Harlem Globe Trotters couldn't navigate the hoops regarding the cap. Brooks didn't mention the bonus money/cap penalty which counts in the summer cap and season cap.

I haven't had a drink 32 months yesterday but I might have one today IF concussed Richards is a Ranger for AA,1st round pick and Kreider/McIlrath.

Not to mention,the Rangers have 5 games this week. 18 games left in the season. Is Richards going to plat this week?

Yeah Richards is skating. Not in practice. In sweat pants by himself. We'll put a yellow no-contact sweater on him for the games. Please
For me, the only thing that changes because of Richard's injury is the price. I don't care if he plays 2 reg season games for us this year. The more important intent behind this deal would be so that we have the exclusive opportunity to lock him up before anyone else. With the health concerns, I can't see him returning more than Anisimov, mid-level prospect, 1st 2011. If he was healthy, I'd add Del Zotto to that package and maybe another pick, but he isn't.
The price has to significantly drop. If Dallas doesn't like it, they can risk losing him for nothing, but I think they're very likely going to cave in and take Anisimov, the first rounder and whatever prospect we throw at them, and run. That's a very good return for an injured UFA-to-be, whether or not he's going to be an actual rental is irrelevant to the trade, unless it were an NBA-esque sign-and-trade which I've never seen happen in the NHL, especially under the new CBA. Not sure if there's a rule against it, but yea.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:37 AM
AJRanger

DarrenDreger
Much speculation over the asking price for B.Richards. One source says if the terms don't change, Richards isn't going anywhere.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:46 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJRanger View Post
DarrenDreger
Much speculation over the asking price for B.Richards. One source says if the terms don't change, Richards isn't going anywhere.
If Sather has truly talked Nieuendyk down from his preposterous earlier offer to Anisimov + 1st + blue chip prospect, I am starting to think that acquiring Richards may be somewhat realistic, because Sather still has all day to talk him down further.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:50 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Anisimov, a 2nd,2nd and a B level for Richards & a lil sumtin.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:57 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
DarrenDreger
Ooh, Joe's trying to sound tough.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
DarrenDreger
Good they can keep him if they think Sather is paying that.

02-28-2011, 06:27 AM
AJRanger

FriedgeHNIC
Willing to add: LA, Tor, Buf, NYR, Mon, Pit. Wanting to drop: Col, Flor, Stl, NYI, Ott

FriedgeHNIC
Big question on Brad Richards: does Dal feel it can sign him? If yes, feeling is he stays. If no, then he goes.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:28 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

It's D-day!

Old
02-28-2011, 06:36 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
The short-term one is Richardsí health. Heís missed the last six games with concussion-like symptoms and Ė while he is skating and his condition is said to be improving Ė there is still no timetable for a return. Itís not exactly the kind of injury you can pencil in a target date for a return.

A second issue is how much do you give up for a player now when you could possibly him land on July 1, when the free agent market opens? Itís going to take an impressive offer for Nieuwendyk to approach Richards about waiving that no-trade clause.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/stars...ards-situation

Judging by what Dreger reported this morning,teams are not willing to meet "impressive" or "home run" status offer for a concussed center.

There are been no indications Morris is willing to negotiate a contract before July 1. LeBrun reported a few weeks ago,Richards won't sign an extension.

Any team would want Richards checked out by their neurologist. The Rangers had LaFontaine and Lindros checked out before those trades. Both of those trades worked out well. Richards is not on the LaFontaine or Lindros level of concussions but it only takes one to begin the problems. Richter retired after his 2nd concussion. Todd Marchant accidently kneed Ricky in the head and that was it for him. Didn't look bad. Ricky Rods finished the game. Never played another NHL game. His first concussion occurred the previous season. About 6-7 months earlier. He took a shot off the mask in warm ups. Felt funny but didn't tell Jim Ramsey. Then in the game,he took a Chris Tamer shot to the mask. Richards took a Sammy Pahlsson hit to the jaw. Talked to the media after the game. Then left sick over night and hasn't played since. That was two weeks ago.

Quote:
Richards seems destined to go to a club like Los Angeles or Washington, as long as those clubs are willing to pay a steep price -- two players and a pick, or a player, a sweet prospect and a pick. That was said to be the asking price late last week. The asking price might come down as the deadline nears, but Richards is the big prize on the market this season, even with a concussion.
http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2011/02...g_primer.shtml

Price hasn't come down

Quote:
1) Richards will cost plenty. They won't get him for Matt Gilroy. Or Gilroy and prospect Evgeny Grachev. It will take at least that, plus another young NHL player of note and maybe a first-rounder, maybe more.
http://www.lohud.com/article/2011022...ws|text|Sports

Old
02-28-2011, 06:41 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Richards has suffered one concussion. Bringing up Lindros/LaFontaine is ridiculously disingenuous.

For comparison's sake, want to know another player that has the same number of concussions as Richards? Derek Stepan.

EDIT: And your quotes don't entirely support the agenda you're pushing:

Quote:
Richards seems destined to go to a club like Los Angeles or Washington, as long as those clubs are willing to pay a steep price -- two players and a pick, or a player, a sweet prospect and a pick. That was said to be the asking price late last week. The asking price might come down as the deadline nears, but Richards is the big prize on the market this season, even with a concussion.
Quote:
1) Richards will cost plenty. They won't get him for Matt Gilroy. Or Gilroy and prospect Evgeny Grachev. It will take at least that, plus another young NHL player of note and maybe a first-rounder, maybe more.
Anisimov + Gilroy + (Grachev or a first rounder)? Sign me up.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:41 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

I always despised Jay Greenberg when he wanted to take down Neil Smith over the Mike Keenan stuff. Greenberg was a big Keenan guy.

Quote:
If they can get Brad Richards for Anisimov, a first-rounder and a good prospect, we don't know what they are waiting for, except first- or-second-round playoff losses that will look much like yesterday's.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1FFylMOs1

When is Richards playing again?

Earlier this season,Greenberg compared AA to Frank Mahavolich.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:45 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Richards has suffered one concussion. Bringing up Lindros/LaFontaine is ridiculously disingenuous.

For comparison's sake, want to know another player that has the same number of concussions as Richards? Derek Stepan.
Richter suffered two.

Look at Mike Green. He suffered a concussion on Friday right after returning from a concussion(wasn't called a concussion). What's his immediate future?

Stepan?Is he being offered today for a bounty?

Old
02-28-2011, 06:48 AM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Please LA trade for Hemsky, please please please pretty please.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:51 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I always despised Jay Greenberg when he wanted to take down Neil Smith over the Mike Keenan stuff. Greenberg was a big Keenan guy.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1FFylMOs1

When is Richards playing again?

Earlier this season,Greenberg compared AA to Frank Mahavolich.
That deal would be sickening. People like Greenberg do realize this is a RENTAL, right? And yes, I know he may very well sign here as a free agent in the offseason. It's still a rental though if the guy hits UFA.

You make that deal (+) for Stastny. You don't touch that deal for Richards.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:51 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Boyle, Grachev & a 2nd

Book it...

Old
02-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Ail
k.

It has begun... creepy Piere, yesssssssssss.......

Closed Thread