HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official Trade Deadline Day Thread #2

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2011, 07:07 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Pulse of the followers: You guys wouldn't seem to mind a Gilroy/Grachev/picks package for Richards. I don't see that as enough for Dallas.
https://twitter.com/#!/NYDNRangers/s...02956803604480

Old
02-28-2011, 07:11 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Old
02-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Boyle, Grachev & a 2nd

Book it...
Richards will no be traded, book it!

Seriously though, I can not see the conditions being out there for a Richards trade. Dallas do not need depth, they need Richards. If they are going to move him -- they want someone who like potentially can replace him or at least assume a central role on the team. If they keep him, odds are much higher that they can resign him -- right?

So, from a teambuilding perspective it makes sense for DAL to ask for like Dubi or Step. Not much else. It basically do not make any sense for them to trade him much less then that, they can keep him and gamble on resigning him. Its a gamble worth taking for Joe N. He is a central part of their team. If you were DAL fans youd all think it was nuts to deal him for like 3 2nd tier assets.

AND what puts a end to any deal is that a 20 game rental for a concussed player just is not even remotely worth those type of assets.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:17 AM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

If nothing else this trade deadline, I have learned that concussed is a real word……

I don’t get anyone suggesting of giving up AA for any rental….. and Dallas is still in the hunt, why would they want get rid of their top scorer?

Not much happing for the Rangers this dead line unless Richards is cheap……

Old
02-28-2011, 07:17 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post

lol we were doing this with Kovalchuk last year, we all know how that turned out lol.

I think he will be a Ranger in July, not now. Just don't see Sather offering something that Dallas would really want, and for good reason. Too many question marks to give up Anisimov + 1st + something else.

I'd rather give something like that to the Avs for Stastny, if available. I have a funny feeling Stastny to the Rangers could happen today at some point.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:20 AM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
lol we were doing this with Kovalchuk last year, we all know how that turned out lol.

I think he will be a Ranger in July, not now. Just don't see Sather offering something that Dallas would really want, and for good reason. Too many question marks to give up Anisimov + 1st + something else.

I'd rather give something like that to the Avs for Stastny, if available. I have a funny feeling Stastny to the Rangers could happen today at some point.
Of course you'd rather give up something like that for Stastny. However, if the cost of Richards is Anisimov + 1st + something else, the cost of Stastny will be something like Dubinsky + Anisimov + 1st + something else.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:21 AM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:

I'm torn actually. I also would like Sather to stick to the plan and go after Richards on July 1st, but on the other hand, what if Richards is not available then? Not that it will be the end of the world though but still. I'm not advocating to go all in one on Richards today, that's just extremely tempting, to a certain extent. But is it worth it if the guy is shutdown for the season? Certainly not. I tend to think Sather, or any other GM, would have some "guarantees" on Richards's condition. No one will trade for Richards not knowing what's going on.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:22 AM
azrok22

Also, believe me, I will be quite happy if Richards is not traded today. However, if he's traded to LA or elsewhere, I will be very disappointed. Especially when you consider that LA is a divisional rival of Dallas -- if both LA and NY make equal offers, he should end up in NY.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:26 AM
Ola

Quote:
Its kind of like a Catch-22 situation for us.

We have like a shot at getting Richards. But reasonably, that shot just aint that big. One big name on the market. 30 GM's of NHL teams. All kind of things can happened, anything else is just wishful thinking.

For example:
-He could resign in Dallas. Like 9 of 10 player in that situation resigns with their current team. Now DAL is a mess, but anyone gotta admit that he could resign there.
-There are teams out there who will not compete next season if they do not sign Richards, and who needs to start competing. LA. Toronto. And Co. Besides, you have all the teams with zero cash (ATL, EDM, PHX and co). Nobody can be sure that none of these GM's will not give him a nutty offer. Like 7x7 or something like that. Our 5x6.5 is a lot less dough then that.

At the same time -- there are two other centers out there who de facto would help us: Spezza and Statsny (of whom its likely that neither will be dealt, but still).

If do not get either of them, nor Richards, we will probably be a pretty weak team untill 2013. Thats a long time.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:26 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
trying to watch/listen tradecentre online--does it not work in the US?

Old
02-28-2011, 07:29 AM
AJRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Not working for me either, I was going to ask if anyone knew of an alternative stream somewhere.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:29 AM
HAPPY HOUR

http://www.tsn.ca/

Just worked for me..

Old
02-28-2011, 07:30 AM
tlallstar6

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post

I had trouble with it last season. I think nhl.com provided tradecentre last year, not sure this year.

do you have nhl network? it's on there.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:34 AM
ReverbAndDelay
Old Time Hockey

Of course I can see the commercial, but once it tries to load the show, nothing happens Is it not on the air yet? I mean, i know it's a bit early...

Old
02-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Richards will no be traded, book it!
Yeah I agree with this pretty much 100%.

If Dallas wants a big return for Richards, no one is going to give it to them. He's too much of a question mark right now and no team wants to give up major assets for a rental player that's unsure to play for them at all this season because of an injury. And yes, he's a rental. Teams can't expect to do a deal with a pending UFA and treat it like they're trading for a guy who's already locked up for years.

It makes sense for Dallas to hold onto Richards, try to make the playoffs and see if they get their ownership situation resolved, and then try to sign him in the offseason. If they can't, then trade his rights and get a little something in return. That's probably the best case scenario for Dallas right now and it's what they'll probably do.

All these reports of teams preparing to offer gigantic packages for a concussed player who can't even practice yet are just plain ridiculous.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:42 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
Of course I can see the commercial, but once it tries to load the show, nothing happens Is it not on the air yet? I mean, i know it's a bit early...
same. and i see nothing on nhl.com

Old
02-28-2011, 07:46 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Bob McKenzie saying that the Rangers, Pens, and Habs interested in Chris Neil.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:47 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah I agree with this pretty much 100%.

If Dallas wants a big return for Richards, no one is going to give it to them. He's too much of a question mark right now and no team wants to give up major assets for a rental player that's unsure to play for them at all this season because of an injury. And yes, he's a rental. Teams can't expect to do a deal with a pending UFA and treat it like they're trading for a guy who's already locked up for years.

It makes sense for Dallas to hold onto Richards, try to make the playoffs and see if they get their ownership situation resolved, and then try to sign him in the offseason. If they can't, then trade his rights and get a little something in return. That's probably the best case scenario for Dallas right now and it's what they'll probably do.

All these reports of teams preparing to offer gigantic packages for a concussed player who can't even practice yet are just plain ridiculous.
Completely agreed. And this is not inconsistent with the fact that we've heard his name over and over either. If you're Joe N., it makes sense that you do look to see if you can get an overpayment in return. Because you do have the risk that you'll lose him for nothing come July 1, especially if your ownership situation isn't resolved. So you test the waters to see if you can get a Dubinsky or a Schenn.

But if you can't, then you might as well hold on to him. If it turns out that your ownership gets sorted out, great - you keep Richards. If not, well, you can still trade him prior to the draft for the bits and pieces that are available now.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:48 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Bob McKenzie saying that the Rangers, Pens, and Habs interested in Chris Neil.
I would think Neil is the fallback if nothing happens with Richards, in that, if they can't get the big fish, they'll grab Neil who will make them tougher to play against in the playoffs.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:48 AM
ReverbAndDelay
Old Time Hockey

I know I'm not the only one out there who think AA isn't untouchable, however for Richards? No way. The kid, although inconsistent in scoring, plays both sides of the game well.

People keep throwing out the idea of Grachev, Gilroy and a 1st, or something to that extent. I wouldn't be heartbroken. I think we were all enamored with Gilroy's story for a while there, and where as I don't think he's bad, I also don't think he's part of the long term plan here. However, we all know that isn't going to be enough.

Fact is, I agree that we probably won't get Richards right now, at least without giving up something big. I'd love to have a vet like him around. We forget that as wonderful as this youth movement is, we need vets around to help these young kids develop. However the price obviously isn't going to be one many of us feel is worth paying.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Levitate

btw, link to a Tradecenter stream

http://joetv.yolasite.com/

Old
02-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Ail
k.

****ing Pierre, hahahahahaha! Suing him for malpratice.

02-28-2011, 07:53 AM
Blueblood 2

Sather is not upping his offer today. Knowing him, he will offer less. Dallas is either motivated to move him or he goes nowhere or elsewhere. The guy with all the Cap space is Lombardi. He will still be looking for his gun this afternoon, let alone pull any triggers. Richards stays put for now.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:53 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Um, Pierre, McDonagh's not going anywhere, but, thanks for playing.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:54 AM
mti79

Pierre on the TSN Trade show just said if he was Dallas he'd want McD, AA and another player or first round pick for Richards...

Thanks but no thanks from me... I think McD is going to be a fantastic player in this league and I still have hopes for Artem...

Closed Thread