HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Trade Proposal/Rumours/FA Talk - TRADE DEADLINE WEEKEND

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2011, 01:43 AM
  #351
piere McGuire*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto,ON
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Dustin Penner in Blue and White

BOS/PHI first + 3rd round pick/Caputi


basically we trade steeg for penner. Penner would help kessel so much by adding a PWF who has skill and net drive. Our team lacks net drive, Penner provides it.

piere McGuire* is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 01:48 AM
  #352
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,717
vCash: 500
Hemsky is the player I want, not Penner.

BTW, the Trade proposal thread is stickied above.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 02:02 AM
  #353
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 50
I want Statsny, get it done Burke! lol

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 02:07 AM
  #354
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 27,495
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
Hemsky is the player I want, not Penner.

BTW, the Trade proposal thread is stickied above.
Burke didn't match that contract, but agree, watched Hemsky tonight against Bruins and agree with you he's a really skilled player- although Lupol was just acquired and he adds a similar element.

If I'm Burke I have two goals- add a legit top line center who can dish the puck to PK; and the best PMD to start the attack. He's already got a good young goalie, some quality young defenseman, and a few legit top 6 forwards. Boston added Chara and Savard in one day and went from stiffs to the playoffs...if Toronto could ever find a way to do similar with Richards and Pitkanen they would cause a lot of trouble.

DKH is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 02:13 AM
  #355
mulebreath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
I want Statsny, get it done Burke! lol
I don't want Stastny because then we'd have the 2 guys that were picked dead last in the Moron All-Star Draft.

mulebreath is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 02:23 AM
  #356
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Burke didn't match that contract, but agree, watched Hemsky tonight against Bruins and agree with you he's a really skilled player- although Lupol was just acquired and he adds a similar element.

If I'm Burke I have two goals- add a legit top line center who can dish the puck to PK; and the best PMD to start the attack. He's already got a good young goalie, some quality young defenseman, and a few legit top 6 forwards. Boston added Chara and Savard in one day and went from stiffs to the playoffs...if Toronto could ever find a way to do similar with Richards and Pitkanen they would cause a lot of trouble.
I think Richards and a guy like Upshall would cap a solid offseason for me. Although, Richards concussion has me worried. There is sufficient evidence that players coming back from concussion do not perform to the level they were before. For a guy who will command upwards of 6 million on a long term deal, you better be sure he's healthy. Concussions are gray areas though when it comes to health. You just never know.

This is a reason why I think the Leafs should not go all-or-nothing on July 1st. Burke has had two underwhelming UFA seasons, and save for Richards now there is not much to look forward to in UFA (I can honestly say if Andrei Markov is healthy, he may be the 2nd most prized asset on July 1st).

This is why I suggest going after the likes of Ales Hemsky. I know he's had health concerns, but I can count on a guy staying relatively healthy, but concussions (with Richards) are nasty business.

Acquire Hemsky !!

Dark Knight is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 02:55 AM
  #357
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulebreath View Post
I don't want Stastny because then we'd have the 2 guys that were picked dead last in the Moron All-Star Draft.
That's a terrible reason to not want him man, lol. Who cares about the AS draft.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 02:56 AM
  #358
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
I think Richards and a guy like Upshall would cap a solid offseason for me. Although, Richards concussion has me worried. There is sufficient evidence that players coming back from concussion do not perform to the level they were before. For a guy who will command upwards of 6 million on a long term deal, you better be sure he's healthy. Concussions are gray areas though when it comes to health. You just never know.

This is a reason why I think the Leafs should not go all-or-nothing on July 1st. Burke has had two underwhelming UFA seasons, and save for Richards now there is not much to look forward to in UFA (I can honestly say if Andrei Markov is healthy, he may be the 2nd most prized asset on July 1st).

This is why I suggest going after the likes of Ales Hemsky. I know he's had health concerns, but I can count on a guy staying relatively healthy, but concussions (with Richards) are nasty business.

Acquire Hemsky !!
the other player i am very interested in aside from that is mentioned above is Curtis Glencross, no one seems to notice this guy is a UFA as well.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 02:58 AM
  #359
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
That's a terrible reason to not want him man, lol. Who cares about the AS draft.
indeed kessel looks awesome after the draft.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 02:59 AM
  #360
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 50
All dreams aside, I just hope Burke doesn't trade any of the 1st picks we have or the 2nd pick.

I know they will be low picks but I really want to look forward to the draft this time.

Unless it's for a blockbuster trade as in Statsny..

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 06:34 AM
  #361
feverz28
Registered User
 
feverz28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
There wasn't much out there for first liners last year or ?. Burke has a chance to add Hemsky or Richards, or even Penner or Stastny?

I we can't nail one of these guys down now, it might be a long time till we get another chance.

I say start with the 2 first rounders for Hemsky or Richards and take it from there.

feverz28 is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 06:48 AM
  #362
PlietscherDassel
Registered User
 
PlietscherDassel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 936
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Fuss View Post
Hemsky is the player I want, not Penner.
I would love to see Hemsky in a Leafs jersey but i expect his price to be higher than Penners and i believe the asking price for Penner is already pretty high.

PlietscherDassel is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 06:53 AM
  #363
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,942
vCash: 500
Glencross and Upshall in free agency. Upshall-Glencross-Armstrong. A solid 3rd line.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 07:39 AM
  #364
NoTouchIcing
Registered User
 
NoTouchIcing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Libya
Posts: 2,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Glencross and Upshall in free agency. Upshall-Glencross-Armstrong. A solid 3rd line.
No pure centre? Not that solid...

NoTouchIcing is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 08:01 AM
  #365
Leafsfan64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Glencross and Upshall in free agency. Upshall-Glencross-Armstrong. A solid 3rd line.
I'd ratherh ave an Upshall-Bozak-Armstrong third line.

Leafsfan64 is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 08:02 AM
  #366
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ
 
Megan Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
No pure centre? Not that solid...
Expensive too.

Megan Fox is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 08:13 AM
  #367
Yzlamic Extremist
Registered User
 
Yzlamic Extremist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 629
I'm thinking Burke's looking at Hunwick as a depth defenseman.

Yzlamic Extremist is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 08:43 AM
  #368
ricciuto99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Okay so Weiss will only waive to go to toronto, if we traded bozak and a first (bos or phi your choice) for weiss would it be a fair trade?

ricciuto99 is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 08:48 AM
  #369
SprDaVE
Registered User
 
SprDaVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricciuto99 View Post
Okay so Weiss will only waive to go to toronto, if we traded bozak and a first (bos or phi your choice) for weiss would it be a fair trade?
He's not getting traded anymore, apparently.

SprDaVE is online now  
Old
02-28-2011, 08:53 AM
  #370
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,742
vCash: 500
Leafs need young puck moving D's

Goodbye Grabo and MacArthur, Del Zotto and Voyinov Hello. Trade the one hit wonders Sell High buy Low.

FreeBird is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 08:56 AM
  #371
The Messenger
Registered User
 
The Messenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,081
vCash: 500
Going to close this till the end of the day. Use the GDT re Trade Deadline.

The Messenger is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.