HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Ruff article

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Tra La La

vCash: 500
Ruff article

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...24/1073548.asp

Old
07-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Moon Man*

They describe Ruff as having an advantage over most other coaches from spending alot of time in Rochester seeing most of the new rules in effect. I wonder if that will really be the case, or is it just some much-needed optimism?

Good article.

Old
07-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Speed, speed, speed. With these rule changes, it looks as if Campbell may become a useful tool afterall....

Old
07-24-2005, 10:55 AM
bernsy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB
Speed, speed, speed. With these rule changes, it looks as if Campbell may become a useful tool afterall....
Key word being "tool"

Old
07-24-2005, 11:31 AM
Jamie Walker

I think everyone is wayyyy too hard on Brian Campbell. He's made it to the NHL, and has stuck with our team since he's been here. That alone should tell you all that he deserves to be here. In junior, he was an offensive dynamo, and his partner was Nick Boynton (a stay at home type). I feel that he was an adequate defenseman who wasn't given free reign (couldn't fully use his talents) to play his style, but with all the rule changes, and the open ice he will thrive.

I also feel that it will be worth the wait for Tim Connolly's return. (he's only 24 years old)

Go Sabres

Old
07-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Walker
I think everyone is wayyyy too hard on Brian Campbell. He's made it to the NHL, and has stuck with our team since he's been here. That alone should tell you all that he deserves to be here. In junior, he was an offensive dynamo, and his partner was Nick Boynton (a stay at home type). I feel that he was an adequate defenseman who wasn't given free reign (couldn't fully use his talents) to play his style, but with all the rule changes, and the open ice he will thrive.

I also feel that it will be worth the wait for Tim Connolly's return. (he's only 24 years old)

Go Sabres
Some players stick around because of reasons other than pure talent. Sometimes the luck out with a one-way contract, other times, like in Campbell's case, they are a special project of the coach.

Campbell has been mostly lucky to stick with the big club. It has more to do with a lack of depth at his position than anything else. He's one guy who could use a change of scenery.

Old
07-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Hawerchuk10

I'm not that optimistic about Campbell or Connelly to tell you the truth. I hope big time that the new rules will bring up both of these "tools" games and that I'm wrong, but frankly, I've lost faith in both of them. Sorry.

Old
07-24-2005, 07:21 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj@jj.com
Some players stick around because of reasons other than pure talent. Sometimes the luck out with a one-way contract, other times, like in Campbell's case, they are a special project of the coach.

Campbell has been mostly lucky to stick with the big club. It has more to do with a lack of depth at his position than anything else. He's one guy who could use a change of scenery.
I agree 100%, Campbell has been here by default imo. That said though, I think Connolly deserves another year...

Closed Thread