HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Deadline

Old
02-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Reading the Trade section of the board( I know it's a joke) Ellis and Blum are criminally underrated.
I'm gonna disagree with you there. I think Blum is criminally under-rated and Ellis is pretty majorly over-rated. I think there is a decent chance Ellis ends up like Marc-Andre Bergeron and only play PP minutes because he is slow and not good defensively. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think Ellis is a high risk prospect. That said, he is also high reward, as he could be the next Brian Rafalski. Only time will tell.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 09:56 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Poile didn't ask but he didn't say Dumont came to Poile waving his NTC.

Pure and simple we won't know till after the deadline.... And then after the season...

But I agree with SLAKE. Buyout. But could he RESIGN for less?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:00 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Poile didn't ask but he didn't say Dumont came to Poile waving his NTC.

Pure and simple we won't know till after the deadline.... And then after the season...

But I agree with SLAKE. Buyout. But could he RESIGN for less?
Im pretty sure that he cant sign with us if we buy him out. Seems like that would be shady in terms of cap circumvention.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:08 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Im pretty sure that he cant sign with us if we buy him out. Seems like that would be shady in terms of cap circumvention.
The only thing I could think of is Nashville trades him to another team, they buy him out and then he re-signs with Nashville but that would not make Bettman happy

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:31 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I'm gonna disagree with you there. I think Blum is criminally under-rated and Ellis is pretty majorly over-rated. I think there is a decent chance Ellis ends up like Marc-Andre Bergeron and only play PP minutes because he is slow and not good defensively. I hope he proves me wrong, but I think Ellis is a high risk prospect. That said, he is also high reward, as he could be the next Brian Rafalski. Only time will tell.
The only people who tell you he's not good defensively are the ones who never watch him. The ones who actually watch him play say he plays 30-40 minutes a night and is a rock. +25 is easily the best on his team and his team this year is just an average OHL team. The guy has done nothing but add to his legend since being drafted 11th overall and people bash him because it's fashionable now. To compare him to MAB is a joke. MAB junior career was nowhere near as successful or prestigious as Ellis's. His D game will be tons better than MAB.

He's still a top tier prospect. Every year outside the top 1 or 2 picks every person has major question marks. Ellis's are just overstated.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
The only people who tell you he's not good defensively are the ones who never watch him. The ones who actually watch him play say he plays 30-40 minutes a night and is a rock. +25 is easily the best on his team and his team this year is just an average OHL team. The guy has done nothing but add to his legend since being drafted 11th overall and people bash him because it's fashionable now. To compare him to MAB is a joke. MAB junior career was nowhere near as successful or prestigious as Ellis's. His D game will be tons better than MAB.

He's still a top tier prospect. Every year outside the top 1 or 2 picks every person has major question marks. Ellis's are just overstated.
Speaking strictly with points, MAB had 111 in 69 games his last year of junior. Ellis is slightly better, but not by much. As I said, Ellis could have a high reward, but there is a large amount of risk associated with him as well.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:45 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i like Ellis, but I'd be okay with trading him for the RIGHT FIT. He'll eventually come in and do well, but like every offensive defenseman with okay-to-decent defense (most recently Franson and Zidlicky) he'll end up the whipping boy for our misguided fanbase.

With all that said, the 'right fit' isn't clarke macarthur, nor is it a rental type situation. For someone like Penner...maybe.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:03 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

from Josh Cooper's blog this morning, it sure sounds like anything but a Dustin Boyd-esque depth deal is unlikely for us. Poile seems to indicate that there's just not much available, and what is available is very expensive in terms of the assets required.

Old
02-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
from Josh Cooper's blog this morning, it sure sounds like anything but a Dustin Boyd-esque depth deal is unlikely for us. Poile seems to indicate that there's just not much available, and what is available is very expensive in terms of the assets required.
I trust poile right now about as much as I trust a deranged psychopath.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
I'd much rather stand pat at this point of time ... the asking price for Penner OR Hemsky/Smid is stupidly high

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:43 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Speaking strictly with points, MAB had 111 in 69 games his last year of junior. Ellis is slightly better, but not by much. As I said, Ellis could have a high reward, but there is a large amount of risk associated with him as well.
To counter that point,

1. MAB played in the Q. The Q is not known as a defensive league. 111 was only 4th on his team, not even top 10 in the league. He was an overager that year as well as an older 20 year old in his 5th year of junior. Ellis has put up good numbers ever single year he has been in junior in a better league. The only similarities between MAB and Ellis is size and scoring prowress. Everything else is just speculated on by people who see him play a few times a year in the WJC. Of course Ellis has risks associated with him. So does pretty much every prospect. Still comparing him to MAB is a joke. If people honestly think Ellis will be switching teams yearly in his career and will have a hard time staying in the league. They are likely to disappointed.

Not expecting anything really at the deadline. Mabye Poile tries a Hllavac type move.

Old
02-28-2011, 10:45 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I'd much rather stand pat at this point of time ... the asking price for Penner OR Hemsky/Smid is stupidly high
Oil overrate there own players which is why none have been moved yet. Wonder if they will come down a bit before the deadline is up?

Old
02-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Perhaps if he had saved his 1st round pick for an offensive weapon.... hmm

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Perhaps if he had saved his 1st round pick for an offensive weapon.... hmm
yea the 1st for Fisher was ehhhh

Last edited by I Will Son: 02-28-2011 at 11:20 AM.
I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Jim Matheson is reporting that the Preds aren't in on Hemsky

Old
02-28-2011, 11:22 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Jim Matheson is reporting that the Preds aren't in on Hemsky
I believe Bob Mckenzie more than Jim Matheson....Were stilll not getting Hemsky, Poile isnt risky enough to do it

Old
02-28-2011, 11:25 AM
iKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I believe Bob Mckenzie more than Jim Matheson....Were stilll not getting Hemsky, Poile isnt risky enough to do it
Yeah the price would be to high, but we need a scorer so bad

iKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:28 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKiwi View Post
Yeah the price would be to high, but we need a scorer so bad
7 goals in the last 5 is our team right now. And our D has most of our goals, we need a scorer so so so so so bad, Poile has not turned me into a believer.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

With columbus improving, it is now a game of chicken for Poile

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:11 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

The Fourth Period (which is hit or miss...it's not TSN, but it's not Eklund, either) says that MTL and NAS are pressing hard for Penner.

I could live with losing Ellis in such a deal.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:18 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
With columbus improving, it is now a game of chicken for Poile
Really? They improved by adding Upshall and Lepisto and giving up Klesla? Not sure that's an improvement.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Really? They improved by adding Upshall and Lepisto and giving up Klesla? Not sure that's an improvement.
lepisto is a solid young d-man, and Klesla can never stay healthy, and never has. Upshall should help Columbus score some goals, at least.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
The Fourth Period (which is hit or miss...it's not TSN, but it's not Eklund, either) says that MTL and NAS are pressing hard for Penner.

I could live with losing Ellis in such a deal.
As could I

Old
02-28-2011, 12:26 PM
predfan24

I like the deal for CBJ. Lepsito impresses me every single time I watch the Yotes play. At the very least Lepisto=Klesla. The of course Upshall is an upgrade for them as well.

Could work very well for them.

I'd do Penner for Ellis+ if we can get him resigned after next season.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
It's a marginal improvement, but it's an improvement. We got a very nice return there.

I'm just a tad bitter 'cause that was the last original Blue Jacket we lost there. Probably inevitable, but still. Grar. At least we got a great return for him.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote