HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Klesla traded to Phoenix for Upshall and Lepisto

Old
02-28-2011, 12:15 PM
SnygGo

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SnygGo Send a message via Yahoo to SnygGo Send a message via Skype™ to SnygGo
Thanks for everything Rusty!

Great return for him, looking forward to see what these guys can bring to the team.

SnygGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:15 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJackets66 View Post
not happy need mature PMD
The day is not over yet.

1857 Howitzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:17 PM
RickS

The internet sure is fast-Lepisto's Wikipedia page already updated. From Hockey's Future:

Lepisto's main strengths lie in his offensive game. He has good overall puck skills, including an excellent left-handed onetimer. He also has a good vision of the ice. Perhaps his greatest asset is, however, his confidence with the puck, which is rarely seen from a player as young as he is. He is mentally very strong and doesn't seem to mind playing under extreme pressure. While his confidence is mainly an asset, he also has a habit of being over-confident, which sometimes leads to turnovers. His physical development isn't quite on par with his skills, and he needs to further develop his skating and defensive game.

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:19 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
I agree, but what does that have to do with this trade? This trade was made to get Upshall and free up some cap space for this summer.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:19 PM
RDriesenUD

Thank you Klesla for all that you gave us. Good luck in Phoenix.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Rusty was a good guy that never lived up to the hype that Dougie put on his shoulders. He had a couple of good years at Brampton in juniors with 99 points, but that never translated at the pro level.

Good luck to him, and he's got to stay healthy for Phoenix to like this trade.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

Upshall should be a very good fit here. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay here after this season.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:22 PM
Big Pappy

Not a bad deal for the CBJ put not a game changer either way. Rusty and Kinger back together. Thanks Jim Day!

Big Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:23 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Two guys that can help us NOW for one that, due to rust alone, cannot. Upshall could be a good replacement for Clark and Moreau after this season.

Upshall - Pahlsson - Dorsett

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:26 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Good trade for us. If Klesla for lepisto would be good.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:26 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbluejackets View Post
he may have played well in 4 career playoff games, but that does not make me forget 10 years of his bonehead passes, missed D assignments, ill-timed icings, and was hurt almost as much as he played the last 4 years, not to mention that he makes 3M per season that would be better spent on an upgrade.

you call me a blind hater, I call you a blind lover.....we agree to disagree about Klesla
I only count four or five such years myself. He's played very well while uninjured.

I frankly have never had a high tolerance for the fools who can't stand Klesla for whatever reasons they struggle to invent and reinvent when they get cornered with facts, and seeing him go just reinforces that. The guy was an effective player here the last few years when he was able to play. He wasn't able to play often enough. Sucks, but that's life sometimes. Stop pretending he sucked, otherwise we'd have gotten nothing for him. I'm not in the mood.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:27 PM
blahblah

Quote:
So does everyone else in the league. Wasn't expecting that to happen at the TDL.

I think it's a good start and we got a D-Man that has some offensive upside as a RFA. Plus we got a guy that we might be able to re-sign that fits in with what we are trying to do here.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:28 PM
Prestonn99

Send a message via AIM to Prestonn99
Not horribly saddened to see Klesla's game go. But I died inside to lose the likes of Mrs. Klesla

Prestonn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:29 PM
RDriesenUD

The more I think about this trade, the more I like it. We improved our team without having to give up any of our prospects/picks and freed up cap space for this summer.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Interesting, can't link it but Porty just tweeted that many around the league felt Rusty didn't hate to lose enough, summing up the club pretty well for a while there. Sounds like the writing has been on the wall for him for some time now.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Mixed feelings for sure. Love what rusty brought in the playoffs but I really like Upshall and Lepisto is a C+ Puck mover which is alright. If this isn't our only move I'd be a little disappointed. Although with all of our UFA forwards we could sign Upshall for a good bottom six role.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Good trade for the CBJ. Upshall is a huge upgrade on the 3rd line, and he can play 2nd line minutes. Lepisto will be able to step in for an injured Stralman.

I am inclined to think that this trade may be a cover for a bigger trade. (hoping)

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:33 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Someone has to say it, so I will. Typical Scott Howson trade. Solid, but not splashy. If he were a car, he'd be a beige sedan.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:34 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Good trade for the CBJ. Upshall is a huge upgrade on the 3rd line, and he can play 2nd line minutes. Lepisto will be able to step in for an injured Stralman.

I am inclined to think that this trade may be a cover for a bigger trade. (hoping)
I think so too. Klesla was hidden on IR. So too was Huselius.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:34 PM
BlueJackets66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
The day is not over yet.
I would go out on a limb and say that was our wad that we just blew. If people are happy with a second or third line guy with 27 pts or a Dman who has never scored a PPG than you obviously don't want to make the playoffs. We don't even have enough in our top 6 to make the playoffs. no doubt we are playing well right now even though our winless streak continues in NSH (0-11-5), Howson brings in another 2nd or 3rd line guy and will try to pass of as a 1st or solid 2nd line guy still not addressing our need for a PMD or strong 1st or 2nd line center. I hope and i repeat i hope to eat so much crow, but it seems so much of the same. we have never had a winner so i know that we don't know what it is like, but winning teams make big moves and we just don't make good or big moves to make us that much better. How long can Calvert go on this streak? I am just pissed!! Lay into me now.

BlueJackets66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:35 PM
umbyforpresident

Viqsi darling watch the claws

I'm bummed because I like Rusty, but super stoked to get the return we got. I wish Rusty could have been healthier more often, because lets be honest, he was our best defenseman for long stretches. Truly didn't live up to the hype, but I still think he was a solid dman. Wish him the best in the desert.

I like Upshall, alot. Like Lepisto's upside. Lepisto could be moved to get Liles (although I don't see that happening.) But then I thought we'd struggle the last two weeks and sell, sell, sell. I think this trade works for both teams. Also like that the deal on the west coast means we get these two boys in the lineup straight away.

umbyforpresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Has Coug checked in yet? Does she know about the trade?

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:37 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
She's NOT gonna be happy.

Old
02-28-2011, 12:38 PM
umbyforpresident

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
Can we trot a cardboard cutout of him around the arena so she never finds out?

umbyforpresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:38 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
I like the trade. I don't like the cheap shots at Klesla, though. He's been, from all accounts, a good community guy and team guy. I will miss him and wish him nothing but the best.