HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

General Fitness Thread #3

Old
02-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It can make your day, your week, your month, your year or your life, I don't give two crap about it. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

I studied in the field, I still do and am constantly on the look out for new stuff, I work in the field as well and have been training for over 10years.

Unless you're on roids, your body cannot add as much PURE LEAN MUSCLE in just a few days, not even in two weeks. Not even the man with the best of the best genes could add that much so quickly.

You can laugh and believe whatever you want, if you gained 9lbs in just a few days, it is NOT lean muscle. You can even ask Charles, he'll tell you that himself.
1. Never would take roids, training for firefighter purposes, not as a bodybuilder.

2. I've said it a couple of times, but I was told the 9 pounds wouldn't stick. 6-7 will stay on, no doubt about it. If it helps, I haven't had a solid leg training in over a month, due to a hip problem. Maybe I took a lot of leg weight, I can't explain it to you, I don't know.

3. Will do again, like I said, in the summer. I'll let you know what happens then. Maybe the results won't be as drastic. Should also take part in a couple of strong man trainings too.

2 of the guys from the video took part in the hypertrophy boot camp, one went from 201 to 207- actually gained a .4 %. The other gained 4 pounds, while losing give or take 1%. Might not seem like it, but one of them (not Simeon Rottier, hes just a beast) was deadlifting 415 for 6 reps x 5 sets. Just a strong kid, barely weighs 190.

It is what it is. I'm a happy boy today. Feels like my birthday was 3 weeks late.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:22 PM
matsblue13

HF has everything. Need some advice guys. I currently weigh 235 pounds. I weighed 265 last May. My goals is 195. It's been almost 3 months since I lost a pound. Partly because I haven't worked out as much on a regular basis. Any advice on what I should do to get rid of 30 to 40 more pounds. Thanks!

matsblue13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

if you want to have great video about cutting down , strong man training , keeping the fire alive , listen to this guy

America’s Top Fitness Model Greg Plitt:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/americ...interview.html

Last edited by Hawkguy: 02-28-2011 at 12:00 AM.
Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Just a year ago I couldn't bench 130 pounds without shaking/trembling. My central nervous system couldn't handle any of it. Worked hard for muscle activation, I trained for 6 months about, then broke my wrist, and due to baseball, took the summer off. Had to start again, not from scratch, thankfully for muscle memory, but just before starting my intensive work-outs, was flat benching 2 plates and a 5 for 4-5 reps. I've had huge results in the last year, just going to have to work on my cardio unfortunately Tests coming up soon. Just a feel good story, I'm proud of me, just keep doing you.

Old
02-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
1. Never would take roids, training for firefighter purposes, not as a bodybuilder.

2. I've said it a couple of times, but I was told the 9 pounds wouldn't stick. 6-7 will stay on, no doubt about it. If it helps, I haven't had a solid leg training in over a month, due to a hip problem. Maybe I took a lot of leg weight, I can't explain it to you, I don't know.

3. Will do again, like I said, in the summer. I'll let you know what happens then. Maybe the results won't be as drastic. Should also take part in a couple of strong man trainings too.

2 of the guys from the video took part in the hypertrophy boot camp, one went from 201 to 207- actually gained a .4 %. The other gained 4 pounds, while losing give or take 1%. Might not seem like it, but one of them (not Simeon Rottier, hes just a beast) was deadlifting 415 for 6 reps x 5 sets. Just a strong kid, barely weighs 190.

It is what it is. I'm a happy boy today. Feels like my birthday was 3 weeks late.
You're happy about your gains, good for you. There's no need to keep beating around the bush. It's physiologically impossible. Even more so if you're already at a decent weight + dropping your bodyfat.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to rain on your parade. You're seeing results, as I said, good for you. But don't argue with me that you added 6-9lbs of lean muscle in just a few days. It is completely impossible.
Keep on smiling and we can move on from that now.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Quote:
Poliquin is also well known as being a proponent of twice a day training both for strength and hypertrophy. This isn’t the classic old school Arnold type training whereby you might train back in the morning and than, say, biceps at night. Oh no, Poliquin has added a twist to it that most likely stems from his days of working with athletes to get them stronger, rather than “bodybuilding” purely for cosmetic purposes. The Charles Poliquin hypertrophy way is to train the same body part twice in the same day, about five to six hours apart. You do the heavy, low repetition, high threshold motor unit / nervous system work early in the day and then you are primed for the second workout to be stronger and better able to stimulate the muscle fibres that need higher time under tension (put simply, more repetitions and longer sets) that have a higher hypertrophy potential. As of the time of writing this is something that I have been putting into practice with my coaching of Glenn Parker for his quite unbelievable physical transformation – when I release the photographic evidence to say that you’ll be stunned will be nothing if not a gross understatement! So although this is something that I have been utilizing for some time both in theory and in the programmes I design, it is not something that I have been able to do very much of in my own training due to my own personal time and recovery constraints – this all changed on the Charles Poliquin Hypertrophy Course, it was nothing but sleeping, eating, training and studying for five days straight! I have returned from Sweden six pounds heavier and with arms that look to have swollen up by about an inch thanks to no less than four separate, high volume arm workouts. Now this is certainly not something that I can do all the time, nor should one even if time allowed, but as a way to temporarily overreach and then grow it is a fabulous principle.
http://www.nickmitchellblog.com/char...hy-internship/

Old
02-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

Quote:
Hey my personal trainer have a level 3 personal trainer in Charles Poliquin since 1996 + he have alot of poliquin supplements at his gym

www.vincentcomtois.com

He would LAUGH HARD AT YOU for saying that you gained 9 pounds of lean muscle + dropping 2 % bodyfat in only 5 days ... you do not have before and after pictures that's what make it even more funny

his credentials

Coach Export : level 1 - 3 formateur

A.N.I.E. : théorie sur l’hypertrophie
(André Kulesza)
V.A.M. : étirements myofaciaux
V.A.M. : entraînement spécifique
des abdominaux
F.C.P.A.Q. : nutrition sportive
C.S.E.P. : conseiller en conditionnement
physique et habitudes de vie niveau 3
V.A.M. : optimum leg training (Charles
Poliquin)

F.C.P.A.Q. : cardio vasculaire niveau 3
F.C.P.A.Q. : entraîneur personnel
niveau 1-2-3 (Charles Poliquin)

Académie de Sciences Naturelles du Québec :
diplôme d’haltérophilie

Last edited by Lars Eller Superstar*: 02-27-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old
02-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Eller Superstar View Post
Hey my personal trainer have a level 3 personal trainer in Charles Poliquin since 1996 + he have alot of poliquin supplements at his gym

www.vincentcomtois.com

He would LAUGH HARD AT YOU
I have no need to call Vincent Comptois to have him laugh at me. Cool, he's a strength coach. Coaches, like Pierre Roy, call my trainer for advice in his specialty pretty often. Robert Sabatini, level 5 PICP. Don't take it personally, bud. I'm just trying to share a feel good story, didn't know I would have to back it up. (450) 723-1191, give him a call if you need some help, or maybe a program, who knows.

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/PICP/...onProgram.aspx

Old
02-27-2011, 05:02 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

Quote:
I have no need to call Vincent Comptois to have him laugh at me. Cool, he's a strength coach. Coaches, like Pierre Roy, call my trainer for advice in his specialty pretty often. Robert Sabatini, level 5 PICP. Don't take it personally, bud. I'm just trying to share a feel good story, didn't know I would have to back it up. (450) 723-1191, give him a call if you need some help, or maybe a program, who knows.
He is not just a strenght coach loll

http://www.vincentcomtois.com/?page_id=15

I don't need to call your trainter , I don't need a program i'm in good shape

Old
02-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
I don't need to call your trainter , I don't need a program i'm in good shape
I'm happy for you- I think its necessary to have a healthy, happy, lifestyle.

Old
02-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

what I find most funny is people like HABS10HABS who have been training for 20 years and is a good friend of Clance Laylor also laugh at it ... you said 1 week , 1 week of 9 pure lean muscle and 2 % drop in bodyfat , dude I mean you can full fat people here , but not people in shape who have at least have some sort of knowledge

... When I can I workout 2 times a day , the morning I do heavy loads , and later I do hypertrophy training ... I know alot about Poliquin , he is a mentor for me so that's WHY I say you are giving us too much ********

Old
02-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
what I find most funny is people like HABS10HABS who have been training for 20 years and is a good friend of Clance Laylor also laugh at it ... you said 1 week , 1 week of 9 pure lean muscle and 2 % drop in bodyfat , dude I mean you can full fat people here , but not people in shape who have at least have some sort of knowledge

... When I can I workout 2 times a day , the morning I do heavy loads , and later I do hypertrophy training ... I know alot about Poliquin , he is a mentor for me so that's WHY I say you are giving us too much ********
Like I said, I'm glad your mind is blown. One day I hope to take part in Charles Poliquin's intensive hypertrophy too. The author of the article is in much much better shape than me, and still managed to make a 6 pound gain. Its a temporary overreach, I went up 9 since Monday, but will likely settle with 6 pounds more on my frame.

I'm glad he's a mentor for you, hes a very very informed individual. Poliquin principles are the best. I hope he is. When you can, you work out twice a day? That's all fine and dandy, that's great, you can do all the bench presses, shoulder presses, lat pull downs, squats, tricep extensions, bent over rows, situps... but I doubt you have the knowledge he has, to put together a work-out that warrants 2-a-day trainings for 5 days straight. 5 days of dedication, nothing but eating, sleeping, working out, and peers watching over you and shouting- You need to make the time, definitely well worth it.

That's about all I have to write on the topic, time to eat.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I fail to see the point of your post.

I know who Charles Poliquin is, and it changes nothing, you cannot gain 9,8,7 or 6 lbs of lean muscle in just a few days. The fact you keep talking about the training shows that you don't even understand that adding muscles (or any other physical changes) is entirely due to nutrition. You can train 7h every day or 1h, nutrition is what will determine the changes.

Old
02-27-2011, 06:31 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Cool it guys

That being said, in this case of this story Beaker, I don't believe you're lying, as I think you truly believe your results are legit. That being said, with all due respect, it is impossible. We are more likely to have a 200 mph shot at the all star game than that. Okay, perhaps not that extreme, but it's not a shot against you, but athletes train entire summers with top trainers and some don't get 9 lbs of lean muscle added. To do it in 5 days is unlikely. I'm sorry. To do it, while dropping body fat percentage in 5 days is even crazier. Again, it's nothing against you, but your recordings are obviously off. I have a better chance of saying I beat a ferrari in a race on the highway and I was on foot. It's that impossible.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
I fail to see the point of your post.

I know who Charles Poliquin is, and it changes nothing, you cannot gain 9,8,7 or 6 lbs of lean muscle in just a few days. The fact you keep talking about the training shows that you don't even understand that adding muscles (or any other physical changes) is entirely due to nutrition. You can train 7h every day or 1h, nutrition is what will determine the changes.
The point was just to show you that he gained 6 pounds in 5 days, even if its temporary, due to muscle overcompensation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Cool it guys

That being said, in this case of this story Beaker, I don't believe you're lying, as I think you truly believe your results are legit. That being said, with all due respect, it is impossible. We are more likely to have a 200 mph shot at the all star game than that. Okay, perhaps not that extreme, but it's not a shot against you, but athletes train entire summers with top trainers and some don't get 9 lbs of lean muscle added. To do it in 5 days is unlikely. I'm sorry. To do it, while dropping body fat percentage in 5 days is even crazier. Again, it's nothing against you, but your recordings are obviously off. I have a better chance of saying I beat a ferrari in a race on the highway and I was on foot. It's that impossible.
I'll check out where I stand on Wednesday/Thursday when I get in after a proper amount of rest, then I guess we'll see what stays on my frame and what doesn't. Shall let you know, even if I get taken for a fool. Best shape of my life.

Old
02-27-2011, 07:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
Quote:
I'll check out where I stand on Wednesday/Thursday when I get in after a proper amount of rest, then I guess we'll see what stays on my frame and what doesn't. Shall let you know, even if I get taken for a fool. Best shape of my life.
That is the point, so keep doing what you're doing. Even if the results are off, there are results, so keep it up.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
There is a Glute Ham machine at my gym where I work. Not a Crossfit gym. In rosemere. What's really funny to see at regular globo gyms is how the masses really don't know how to work out. I have yet to see one person properly use the GHD/GHR machine, nobody even knows the name of it. Quite comical.
But there's no reverse hyper unfortunately, nor sleds, nor safety/cambered squat bars...So, in the end, I only have a GHD/GHR
I think I might know a forger, I'm gonna ask him to make me a sled.
So, when are you going to open up a gym, so that we can have those things?

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

I cheated so bad yesterday, hahaha.

First of all, I had three meals - tomato, chicken, broccoli, and 1/2 cup of prepared rice.

Second meal? A plate full of greasy, battered chinese chicken. Chicken balls, lemon chicken, and chicken wings. Guess what then? SECONDS! lol.

Then, at like 1am, my friend and I were pissed that the Canucks lost (his favourite team and my second favourite) so we went and got a 1.5L tube of smarties ice-cream and ate the entire thing!!

lol.. and i didnt even feel bad.

Cheat days are one thing, but that was like a cheat year. lol

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 12:01 AM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsblue13 View Post
HF has everything. Need some advice guys. I currently weigh 235 pounds. I weighed 265 last May. My goals is 195. It's been almost 3 months since I lost a pound. Partly because I haven't worked out as much on a regular basis. Any advice on what I should do to get rid of 30 to 40 more pounds. Thanks!
I'm not an expert, but I've had no problem losing weight on two occassions now.

What's your diet/workout schedule look like?

Old
02-28-2011, 06:22 AM
the vinyl version

Quote:
Drink nothing but water. It sucks, and it takes a while to get used to, but eventually you'll be happy you did it. Don't have to keep it up forever, but eventually you'll only want to drink water 98 percent of the time anyway so it won't really be an issue.

the vinyl version is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty hates Sergei View Post
So, when are you going to open up a gym, so that we can have those things?
Actually hoping to have my own gym opened up by the end of this year. Working on my business plan. No worries, I'll be sure to freely publicize it over here once I open it up and expect all of you to pass by.

Old
02-28-2011, 11:10 AM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Actually hoping to have my own gym opened up by the end of this year. Working on my business plan. No worries, I'll be sure to freely publicize it over here once I open it up and expect all of you to pass by.
will you have an hf work station so we can post in between sets

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
I have a canadian supplier for cambered bars, safety squat bars, chains, westside power racks, GHR, westside reverse hypers, etc.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:21 PM
matsblue13

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I'm not an expert, but I've had no problem losing weight on two occassions now.

What's your diet/workout schedule look like?
I'm starting up again. So i really do not have a certain workout plan. Anything you suggest?

matsblue13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

Quote:
I'm starting up again. So i really do not have a certain workout plan. Anything you suggest?
For me,

I made sure I did cardio 20-30 minutes per session.

After that (or before) I do 3 different exercises per muscle. I'll send an image of my workout thing to you via PM tomorrow when I get home from work.