HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[VAN/ANA] Maxim Lapierre and MacGregor Sharp for J. Perreault and 2013 3rd

Old
02-28-2011, 03:33 PM
JerkChicken

vCash: 50
Canucks making room for Higgins & Lapierre:

@mirtle

Canucks assign Cody Hodgson and Victor Oreskovich to the Manitoba Moose.

JerkChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
We just got a big (6'2, 207lbs), quick, and nasty 4th line centre who is currently around 54% in the dot, and helped shut-down the Capitals last playoffs for a 3rd round pick, and a piece of junk. The guy's also only 25 and not a rental; I'm pretty confident our management, coaching staff, and leadership group can handle his personality.

Reasoner's more of a 3rd line centre, and we already had one of those, and obviously Konopka wasn't available (though as I've mentioned he's a pretty similar player to Lapierre anyways).

Fictional Realism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:34 PM
mrmyheadhurts
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricCartman View Post
It's not about doing favors but there still seems to be "old boys club" type of mentality. Seems like the returns on some other players seems to be a little less.
I personally don't buy into that conspiracy theory. Teams like Detroit always seem to have to overpay when compared to lesser teams to get a deal done. No one wants to help the best team in the NHL so you'll probably have to overpay in general. GM's are always looking for the best deal but they are also very competitive.

mrmyheadhurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:34 PM
taipale*

vCash: 500
So.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
Torres - Malhotra Hansen
Glass - Hodgson - Oreskovich
13th guy: Tamby

.. turns into:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Samuelsson
Torres - Malhotra - Hansen
Glass - Lapierre - Oreskovich
13th guy: Raymond

.. when Raymond needs a wakeup call? Or can they do that capwise at all? Or do they just put Raymond on the 4th learning from the School of Pesthood and send Oreo down? Whaddaya think?

Oh NVM, scratch that then with demotion of Oreo. Torres-Malhotra-Hansen gets broken apart? I bloody well hope not, not at least until they cool off.

Last edited by taipale*: 02-28-2011 at 03:45 PM.
taipale* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:35 PM
Canucker
Go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post
Oh no, look at who comes over to take Lapierre to task at 0:35

RIFT
No wonder why Ferraro is all *****y about Lapierre.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:35 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Sportsnet was pretty sour on it too. They think Lapierre is a bit uncoachable, doesn't respond well to discipline and don't think he'll fit in with the grand plan AV and MG have gotten the likes of Kesler and Burrows to buy into.

Although if Burrows, one of the league's most hated pests prior to this season, can turn a new leaf I'd imagine Lapierre could too.
But Burrows is known to be a really great teammate. He's the first in line to high five his teammates and to congratulate his goalie, and everybody's all smiles with him.

Not 100% sure that's the case with Lappy. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but we'll just have to see. I can't anticipate he'll be terrible in the room, though.

KDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:39 PM
LeftCoast

Both players have some baggage and unrealized potential - which is why we didn't have to give up a roster player or important prospect to obtain them. But if they are able to help us go deep into the playoffs this year, I'm happy to have them.

LeftCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Connecticut

The reassuring thing for me with Lapierre is his history with AV, that's huge. It really allays a lot of my concerns about bringing in a guy with his reputation. I think this team has a really tight dressing room as well, so it should be pretty easy to bring a couple of new guys into the fold, especially since nobody was dealt away. Plus the players at whose expense the roster spots will come (Hodgson, Oreskovich, etc.) did not nail down their spots in such a way that losing them seems unjust.

Connecticut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Fictional Realism
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Gillis said AV's history with Lapierre was one of (if not the) main reason they made the deal. AV feels he knows him, and he is a 'coachable young man' who wants to win.

Gillis also said they felt they could move 3rd round picks because of recent successes with undrafted players and free agent signings.

Fictional Realism is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
That just says it all.
Hrudey and especially Healey are both well respected.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:46 PM
SomE

A hefty price for a distraction

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Robert604strom

Lapierre is a goof but hes effective,like others said higgins is a waste almost but could do something well. And now Raymond can sit if he has to. And we gave up Oberg who cant even defend in the A and sauve,tanev and even the rest of the first year guys moved ahead of him. And Perrault wasnt even helping on the 4th line or produce in the A. Losing picks sucks but this draft is hit and miss,not a horrible draft to say the least. and we also get Sharp who has seemed to not be the best player but he is consistant.

Robert604strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
I agree that I would have preferred to pay a 4th round pick at best but we filled a need so if we had to bump a 4th round pick up to a 3rd round pick then whatever.

The way I see it I wouldn't be surprised to see us get a pick for the negotiating rights to either Bieksa or Ehrhoff. We should be able to get a 3rd round pick which will help offset the pick we lose in this trade.
4th rounder in 2011 or a 3rd rounder in 2012? It's roughly the same to me IMHO.

Last edited by Barney Gumble: 02-28-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Momesso

I can see Lapierre's act wearing thin in the regular season but playoffs are a different story. There's virtually no fighting and Lapierre shouldn't be fighting anyways.

If he has a mediocre/bad playoff he won't get qualified, but my gut is that he'll step it up. 2nd trade in a few months ought to wake him up.

Momesso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:57 PM
FiveAndGame

To paraphrase Gillis' comments on the addition of Lapierre:

'He is not expected to play between the whistles, however he is expected to be a team player and do what the organization asks of him.'
'The draft pick traded is replaceable through either future deals or with FA signings.'

FiveAndGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:57 PM
VanEric

Gillis pretty much said in his press conference that "he will play the way we want him to play or he won't play at all."

VanEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 03:59 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
You mean just ferraro lol
Ferraro is such an asshat sometimes. It sure looks to me like Nichol is trying to draw a penalty. He definitely gets pushed, and sometimes guys do lose their balance and go in awkwardly, but the way he was rolling around and clutching his face directly in front of the ref leads me to believe he was putting on a show.

Either way, Ferraro's tough guy act is pretty lame. It's getting to the point that he's coming off like someone's Grandpa. I keep expecting him to break out a "wipper-snapper" comment.

Given Vigneault's history with Max, this could be a good fit for the team. We've been waiting for someone who can play both a solid defensive game as well as irritate the opposition. His speed, faceoff skills and hitting should be the primary reason he was picked up.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:00 PM
ItWasTheCat

Personally I like this deal a lot.

Finally we have someone who can pester the other team (as it has been said before). It was so frustrating watching the Hawks be all over our guys, and especially Lou, with us doing nothing of the sorts.

Same thing this season, that hit on Ballard away from the play vs Ottawa was frustrating to watch ESPECIALLY with no one standing up for the guy after. Same with the Getzlaf hit on Hamhuis, although we've come to the conclussion that it was borderline, but not dirty.

Finally a guy who can step up to the plate and stir up some **** if he has to.

ItWasTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 20000
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Gillis pretty much said in his press conference that "he will play the way we want him to play or he won't play at all."
Yup.

That's exactly how I interpreted what MG said too.

Chairman Maouth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:03 PM
FiveAndGame

MacGregor Donald Bentley Sharp

40 GP 9 G 9 A 18 Pts 16 Pims

Old
02-28-2011, 04:03 PM
FiveAndGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
Yeah I meant to add that to my post.

Old
02-28-2011, 04:09 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

^ I <3 Gillis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I love this trade. We've been missing the "agitation" element since Burrows moved to the top line and Kesler became such an important player for us. As long as AV can control him (which he's had difficulty in the past with discipline issues amongst players) from undisciplined outbursts this will be a very shrewd move. 100% approve of this trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyheadhurts View Post
I honestly feel that the leadership group in the locker room, especially H. Sedin, is strong enough to keep Lappy in check. There is a culture that has been built that will pretty much force players to behave in a particular manner or risk being dropped. I love his enthusiasm, size and speed.
Agree with all of this. I like this trade. GMMG wouldn't have brought someone in he didn't think could be coached. Like someone else said, Kesler and Burrows were the two biggest agitators in the league and they have reformed.

Bmac likes our moves.

AndyPipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:10 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndGame View Post
MacGregor Donald Bentley Sharp

40 GP 9 G 9 A 18 Pts 16 Pims
Apparently he and Raymond were teammates in junior and in college. Wonder if Raymond gave them a good recommendation on the guy or something.

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:12 PM
David71

I like it. Now vancouver is deep in all positions. His forecheck will be a welcome addition. If he keeps his disipline in check, he will be an asset

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:14 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
Hrudey and especially Healey are both well respected.
Name anyone with a modicum of intelligence that believes this to be the case. lol.

Healey has the mental aquity of a turnip patch.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote