HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings 2011 Trade Deadline Thread I

Old
02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Just a glimpse into what you don't see (or see only for a few seconds) after a trade is announced and before mods can merge/delete threads when 56,000 people online hear about the trade at the same time:

Fun times!
I saw those number on the mods board too, it has grown even more with speculation of up to 66775 users viewing at once. Freakin' ridiculous. No wonder the servers were all over the place.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Martyros

vCash: 500
I honestly don't know how to think of this. Yes, we get a top 6 forward for Kopi, but is he TRULY a great fit? Personally, i feel that this team needed someone with speed, not yet ANOTHER big body.

I really hope Brown is kept off Kopi's line. KEEP SIMMONDS ON THERE!

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:45 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
But let's be honest here. When it was all said and done Dean turned one first line asset into another lesser first line asset while also managing to trade two first round picks away in the process, but I'm sure you know who will be here shortly to spin it Dean's way.

Sure. Because it's really fair for you to do nothing but ignore or underplay all of the correct decisions. Possibly the best goalie tandem in the league, likely the best 1-6 defensemen in the league, depth at center (1-5), depth at RW, a top-2 total defense in the whole NHL. All of which with the youngest team in the NHL with their best years ahead of them. Our whole 2nd line comes from trades.

But no... DL and the Kings must suck (says you) because he traded Mike Cammalleri and we had a hole on the LW. Do you know what Cammalleri is going to become? A poster child for stupid ****ing cap destroying signings. Guy has a 6 MILLION cap hit and signed till 2015! Guy signs in 2009/10 and produces a grand total of 50pts followed by this year the awe inspiring 35pts. DL was correct that Cammy wasn't worth the money.

Penner isn't the end all be all but when compared to Cammy he's had 122 goals over the past 5 years (regular season) and Cammy has had 133. So for nearly 2 Million more per year for the next 4 eyars you can have 11 goals over five. Heck Penner, who is ok, has had more goals then Cammy 3 out of the 5 years. Cammy is delicate. I think a bit to delicate for 6M a year..

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 04:50 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
Im sure the Kings have a MarquisJet card or something like it.
Anschutz can do better than that.

And here's another.

Last edited by null33: 02-28-2011 at 05:03 PM.
null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Tadite

CNNSI had a nice little article on why I think Eklund (and his similar annoying friends) should be banned. I think they take advantage of people and are the poster child for yellow journalism:

Quote:

"in 2008 and found for every one rumor that ended up being true, 30 did not, with an overall accuracy rate for the year of 2.3 percent."

""I really feel sorry for the people who put faith in what he says, but I guess they will soon realize what is going on," said Paul Kukla, proprietor of one of hockey's busier blogs, Kuklaskorner.com. "But then, another group of young fans comes around and the cycle starts again."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1FIVv0wy6

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1FIV2tHjQ

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
That was AWESOME!!!!! The NHL Network just showed the actual trade call with the NHL from both Edmonton and LA on the Penner trade. Solomon sounded solid.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:11 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
That was AWESOME!!!!! The NHL Network just showed the actual trade call with the NHL from both Edmonton and LA on the Penner trade. Solomon sounded solid.
Yea. I thought that was pretty cool.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
I want to hear that

Hint Kingsvision!!! Hint!

Get on it Kingsvision!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:22 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Wow, I wish I could see that, I hope Kings Vision gets that

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:27 PM
nki

Damn, someone youtube it or something, I wanna see that!

nki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:31 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Yeah we need video of that

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:43 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nki View Post
Damn, someone youtube it or something, I wanna see that!
this

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
yeah... that was pretty dope.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
CNNSI had a nice little article on why I think Eklund (and his similar annoying friends) should be banned. I think they take advantage of people and are the poster child for yellow journalism:

Quote:

"in 2008 and found for every one rumor that ended up being true, 30 did not, with an overall accuracy rate for the year of 2.3 percent."

""I really feel sorry for the people who put faith in what he says, but I guess they will soon realize what is going on," said Paul Kukla, proprietor of one of hockey's busier blogs, Kuklaskorner.com. "But then, another group of young fans comes around and the cycle starts again."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1FIVv0wy6

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1FIV2tHjQ

I don't feel bad for anyone that pays attention to that crap and I don't think it marginalizes what real journalists do. It is no different than the people reading the horoscope or go to fortune tellers. Some see it as entertainment, others are just plain stupid. Either way, let them eat it up.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Cup 4 the Kings
It only took 45 yrs!

DL on NHL network right now!

Cup 4 the Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
I saw those number on the mods board too, it has grown even more with speculation of up to 66775 users viewing at once. Freakin' ridiculous. No wonder the servers were all over the place.
I find is fascinating that there are so many people out there who want to report the information first. As though that means something in the internet world. I'm pretty sure a psychologist could find a very good reason why each of those people felt the need to type their little fingers as fast as they could to report information that was already reported on live TV.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 2400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post
Anschutz can do better than that.

And here's another.
We could of set up a paypal account.
Sounds like its a visa issue now.

NHL network keeps showing the clip of Penners goal off of Ian Whites face. I cringe and laugh everytime.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:21 PM
mbar

Here is the video of the trade call:

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=100440

mbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Cup 4 the Kings
It only took 45 yrs!

When they showed the Penner trade conference call, they specifically mentioned the players had to pass physicals before either could play for their new team. So that pretty much guarantees Penner not playing tonight.

Cup 4 the Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:23 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 4 the Kings View Post
When they showed the Penner trade conference call, they specifically mentioned the players had to pass physicals before either could play for their new team. So that pretty much guarantees Penner not playing tonight.
Just shows you how much talking out of the derriere there is from "reporters" during the 24x7 news cycle.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:26 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Lombardi after almost three years finally filled the hole he created, that's what I have to say. What was he supposed to do, never make a move?

I love how I get so much grief for my negative feelings about Lombardi, even though I have praised him for things like the JJ trade, his development of goaltenders and his solid draft selections in later rounds.

Yet no one ever calls out the guy on this board who spends his entire time going around defending every single move Dean has ever made. A guy who sits on here and spews out the same cliches we hear in the Lombardi interviews, the guy who says the only mistakes Lombardi has ever made were Cloutier and not trading Cammalleri sooner. The guy who never once said anything about JJ's development until the infamous DL interview and then suddenly accepted it as gospel. Just funny how that works out.

I already said how I feel about the trade in the other thread, it was a good move and I am happy it was made. The Kings are a much better and skilled team than they were when the day started and our #1 center finally has someone decent on his LW. That is a great thing.

But let's be honest here. When it was all said and done Dean turned one first line asset into another lesser first line asset while also managing to trade two first round picks away in the process, but I'm sure you know who will be here shortly to spin it Dean's way.
If you really want to dissect Deano you have to call out the horrendous mistake in talent evaluation selecting Teubert over Myers. How good would the Kings be with Doughty, Myers and Johnson top 3 right now? As a fan of the Kings who wants to see them win it all I'll accept mistakes from the GM as long as I see somebody who is trying to win. The Kings needed a left winger, Lombardi erased his mistake in the draft and used it to fix a hole. Penner isn't old or past his prime, he fits the system and the style the Kings play and I think he'll be motivated and happy and his numbers will reflect that. If waiving Sturm was a mistake and that mistake forced him to trade for Penner then I'm glad Sturm got waived. Sturm doesn't have upside, he won't be healthy until next season and Penner is a better option on left wing, IMO. I'm looking forward to the playoffs with the current roster and that's a rare feeling to have as a Kings fan.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
Here is the video of the trade call:

http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=100440
Nice, thank you

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Kings man 4 life

My only real off season wish now is that somehow DL lands Ville Leino.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 07:44 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 4 the Kings View Post
Physicals aren't really issues, 45 minutes with a team doctor can solve that pretty quickly. Unless there's a reason for an MRI or baseline tests it wouldn't really delay it. The issue is that Penner, a Canadian, has to obtain a work visa to play or even practice with an American team, so we won't see him in the lineup until Thursday at the earliest.

redcard is online now   Reply With Quote