Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2011, 02:25 PM
bossfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
I dropped the ball last year because I didn't get the tickets until after select a seat. I definitely had more options when I inquired before last years playoffs. I ended up buying tickets to all playoff games off stubhub which probably put me over $1500, can't remember the exact number, so it's not like I saved any money by waiting.

I'd consider moving to more expensive seats in the balcony but can't find a seating chart. I'm sure if you are spending more they will be more proactive. I'm going to call on Monday and see what he can do.

Id love high loge but too expensive when trying to pawn them off. I wish ticketexchange let you drop your own price town below face.
If you are willing to post the details of your conversation with the rep I'd be interested in what he/she says.

There is of course no guarantees with TicketExchange but I sold a few $69 loges within a day or two of posting them, and that was for less interesting teams like Minnesota, Florida, and New Jersey. Keep in mind that if you move up in category you will have to pay the new season ticket price which is more than a renewal price. What is going to start being a bit of a problem is that the B's did not drop new season ticket prices down to everyone else's level. So this season my $69 loges were competing with someone's $59 loges. Next season will be less of a discrepancy but still my $69 loge will be competing with some $65 loges.

Old
02-27-2011, 03:03 PM
BeardBros
Everything hurt more

Quote:
I dropped the ball last year because I didn't get the tickets until after select a seat. I definitely had more options when I inquired before last years playoffs. I ended up buying tickets to all playoff games off stubhub which probably put me over $1500, can't remember the exact number, so it's not like I saved any money by waiting.

I'd consider moving to more expensive seats in the balcony but can't find a seating chart. I'm sure if you are spending more they will be more proactive. I'm going to call on Monday and see what he can do.

Id love high loge but too expensive when trying to pawn them off. I wish ticketexchange let you drop your own price town below face.
If you got the renewal email, and can get to your page, the seating chart should be on the lower right corner of the page that your prices are listed on.

Old
02-27-2011, 03:47 PM
schmautzy

nevermind

Last edited by schmautzy: 02-27-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old
02-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:

There are some teams that allow you to sell through ticketexchange both above and below face. Sadly, the B's aren't one of them.

02-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Sec311Row6

looking for 2 to the tampa game on thursday, thanks!

Old
02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
kevin79

Hey

i might be buying season tickets on next Monday for next season
i am looking at getting a pair in the Balacony coners row 2-10 or center rows 11-15 for a price of $39 each

is there a good value here and will i be able to get face value for most game through the ticketexchance or stubhub?

thanks

Old
02-28-2011, 04:30 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin79 View Post
Hey

i am looking at getting a pair in the Balacony coners row 2-10 or center rows 11-15 for a price of $39 each

is there a good value here and will i be able to get face value for most game through the ticketexchance or stubhub?

thanks
you can't buy tickets until the renewal date has passed.

you'd be be lucky to find much inventory in that price range

Old
02-28-2011, 04:33 PM
kevin79

A Bruins rep told me today that I can buy them on mondy March 7th

Old
02-28-2011, 04:35 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
A Bruins rep told me today that I can buy them on mondy March 7th

interesting.. I thought i had to wait until the renewal date had passed

inventory will still be a problem

Old
02-28-2011, 04:45 PM
kevin79

i am aware but he told me this is a good chance i can get a corner section

is there a good resale value there because i dont want to be eating some games

Old
02-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
interesting.. I thought i had to wait until the renewal date had passed

inventory will still be a problem

My friend who bought a 10 game plan in the loge this year confirmed from a rep that he would be able to buy full season tix next week as well. Apparently they are changing things up quite a bit this year. I know last year they waited till the renewal deadline had passed first. Then they allowed existing STH's to add seats...then allowed new STH to come aboard. When I asked about adding seats last week, my rep told me it would be 3 weeks before there was some availability However, since I would be paying the new STH price for any seats I add, I suppose nothing would stop me from buying additional seats next week (a couple weeks earlier with better selection) under a different name. They just wouldn't be attached to my account. In some ways there's actually a advantage to having multiple accounts. Whenever they do special STH offers and giveaways they always specify a max of 1 or 2 per account. You'd automatically have a step up When they offered STH's with a family plan the opportunity for 2 kids to skate on the ice this season it was a max of 2 per account...I have 3 kids. So I had skip it. Same with giveaways etc. I may just add seats under my brother's name with a different rep next week...

See attached price list for new STH's for '11-'12....interesting that some seating categories have no price increase from what some STH paid last year and will pay going forward (see $42 brown sections). However, other sections do have significant increases, like the loge seats 15-20 are now $79 instead of $69. They have never done this before with some sections being the same as existing STH's prices and others with a significant increase. Just goes to show you we have no frigging clue what they are gonna do from one year to the next.

I honestly expect if they make the finals this year (just make it, not win it) and have a strong first 3/4 of the season next year, we will see prices go through the roof. We can then expect to read the quote from Ms. Latimer"Yes, STH prices are rising substantially for next season...I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone"

Last edited by Looch: 08-31-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old
02-28-2011, 05:18 PM
duckchobbins

Wow those prices are crazy.

It's not so much that the prices are THAT high, it's more that there are no cheap options. They price pointed everything so that the majority of the seats are sky high, with a select few at a half-decent cost.

Looking at their numbers, and "savings off box office prices." It looks like the cheapest general public seat in the house next year will be 40+ at the gates.

Apparently the economy on the whole has rebounded a lot faster than I have personally. I can't justify these regular season prices.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:39 PM
WickedBruinsGirl

Just renewed my season ticket.

Thankful it only went up $6 and is still under $70 in the loge.

I hope to shell out a lot of money for a long playoff run. Just sayin'.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 268
Mine went up $6 .

Last edited by Ladyfan: 03-01-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old
02-28-2011, 06:22 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Hey

thanks
Ticket rep told me no upgrades until June. I won't be too happy if new STH gets seats that are better than mine.

You would think current season tickets could move for next season if there was availability. He told me that the "better seats" are available at select a seat, that's why it's done this way.

Anyone is section 306, row 2 want to do a swap for 14th row in 304?!!?

Old
02-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Silva

Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Ticket rep told me no upgrades until June. I won't be too happy if new STH gets seats that are better than mine.

You would think current season tickets could move for next season if there was availability. He told me that the "better seats" are available at select a seat, that's why it's done this way.

My rep told me last spring before I renewed that there would be better seats in the balcony available at the select-a-seat event. She lied.

Old
02-28-2011, 06:54 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:

I'm going to my rep with this

Old
02-28-2011, 07:18 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:

I'm going to my rep with this

Old
02-28-2011, 07:21 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Apparently existing STH are going to get the opportunity to add seats next week before new STH's.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:21 PM
JWMGT90

Is there anyway to change STH seats before the select a seat? Can't really get a solid answer from the rep, they just say renew and they will check. I might be holding out till the last min on this on, March 23 i believe.

Old
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Apparently existing STH are going to get the opportunity to add seats next week before new STH's.

So I can upgrade my seats and then cancel my existing ones

terrific!

Old
02-28-2011, 07:58 PM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan View Post
Like everyone else I want to move my balcony seats to the double attack side. AT Select A Seat there were some scattered seats on the double attack side but in higher rows than what I now have. I chose to stay in a lower so I stayed on the other end. There was relatively little to choose from so don't listen to the reps. You need to decide based on that you will have the same seats.
It's all about timing...I was first timer this season....they gave me seats in 324, just after the STHs got the chance to add on. At Select-a-seat, I moved to 315-10. A friend of mine got a set in 316. All depends on who moves down rows to higher priced stuff / who moves from Balc to Loge, and who moves from prime locations to less expensive ones.

Chances are, with the success they've had, that there won't be an incredible amount of movement.

Old
02-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Man was I lucky to get in when I did for the playoffs of '08.

I asked DKH for the number of his rep, called her in March and told her I wanted to sit in the last row of 309. She gave me 3 different sets of two that were open. Got my tickets for $19, then they increased to $21, now $25. Still not a bad deal considering my seats across the arena went from $15, to $18, now $25.

Oh how the times have changed.

Old
02-28-2011, 09:27 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Man was I lucky to get in when I did for the playoffs of '08.

I asked DKH for the number of his rep, called her in March and told her I wanted to sit in the last row of 309. She gave me 3 different sets of two that were open. Got my tickets for $19, then they increased to $21, now $25. Still not a bad deal considering my seats across the arena went from $15, to $18, now $25.

Oh how the times have changed.
I sat 5 rows from the top in the 2nd level at Rexall place last night, they were season tickets of a friend and he pays $85 for that seat.

Similar seats in the Saddledome are about $110

Old
02-28-2011, 09:55 PM
RunFromTheBear

I do like my location section wise...just hate being up so high...I guess I'm lucky I'm on the end the Bruins shoot twice.

Closed Thread