HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How would you build the lines? New Lines 3/2/11

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-28-2011, 08:35 PM
  #1
DickArmy*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
How would you build the lines? New Lines 3/2/11

Penner - Kopitar - Simmonds
Traded for Penner to play on the 1st line so please play him there the rest of the season and don't shuffle him around. Simmonds takes Brown's spot.

Smyth - Stoll - Williams
Not much to say. Hope they catch on fire again

Ponikarovsky - Zuz - Brown
Move Poni back to the 3rd. At this stage he's a better than Clifford and a veteren. I hope he shows up big down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Richardson - Lewis - Clifford
Speed line with some skill.

DickArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 08:39 PM
  #2
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,433
vCash: 500
I don't like the idea of Simmonds and Penner on the same line. I'd like to add some speed into the mix.


Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Richardson-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Lewis-Ponikarovsky

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 08:39 PM
  #3
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Poni-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Richardson-Lewis

True #1 line, solid 2nd and a shutdown third that can score the odd goal. 4th with speed and toughness.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 08:40 PM
  #4
DickArmy*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I don't like the idea of Simmonds and Penner on the same line. I'd like to add some speed into the mix.


Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Richardson-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Lewis-Ponikarovsky

Who's a faster skater on the team than Simmonds?

DickArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 08:42 PM
  #5
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickArmy View Post
Who's a faster skater on the team than Simmonds?
Williams, Richardson, Lewis, Brown

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 08:44 PM
  #6
DickArmy*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Williams, Richardson, Lewis, Brown
I don't think Williams is faster than Simmonds. I think Brown and Richardson are all close. Lewis is maybe faster.

DickArmy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 08:51 PM
  #7
jonrazor12
Palffy for President
 
jonrazor12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Penner-kopitar-Williams
Smyth-stoll-brown
Richardson-Lewis-Simmonds
Clifford-handzus-poni/westgarth


Lewis on the 3rd line turns that line into a line with speed that is defensively responsible and has the ability to score.

Handzus on the 4th turns that line into a 4th line with experience that can also pot the occasional goal and is more defensively sound than any other 4th line we have dressed this season

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 08:59 PM
  #8
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,214
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Penner-Kopitar-Brown (That's right! I think they have chemstry)
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Ponikarovsky-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Richardson-Lewis

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
  #9
wicker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Brown
Poni-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Richardson-Lewis

True #1 line, solid 2nd and a shutdown third that can score the odd goal. 4th with speed and toughness.
Yeah, that's the ideal combo, definitely. Hopefully Murray doesn't get too crazy, though...

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:07 PM
  #10
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
So where does Parse fit into the line up? He should be back pretty soon and might be back up from any conditioning assignment before the end of the season too.

Healthy Scratch?

I say no Poniboy for Parse.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:17 PM
  #11
onlyalad
Registered User
 
onlyalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 4,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Penner-Kopitar-Brown (That's right! I think they have chemstry)
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Ponikarovsky-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Richardson-Lewis
this is the line I think they should try first.
Brown separating the puck, Kopi with the pass, Penner in front of the net.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:22 PM
  #12
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
So where does Parse fit into the line up? He should be back pretty soon and might be back up from any conditioning assignment before the end of the season too.

Healthy Scratch?

I say no Poniboy for Parse.
Didn't he have a setback and is expected to miss some more time? Kid can't catch a break, I think he's out for the year

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:25 PM
  #13
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
All right


Penner/Kopitar/Simmonds

Smyth/Stoll/Williams

Parse/Zues/Brown

Clifford/Lewis/Richardson

Poni-Westgarth-etc

I know a happy young dman who is on the Kings after the deadline. I am happy too.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:28 PM
  #14
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Didn't he have a setback and is expected to miss some more time? Kid can't catch a break, I think he's out for the year
I know that he is skating so I have figured that he is slowly progressing but I had heard about three weeks ago that he could be done.

Ya never know with these things really though.

I will amend my opinion to be that the last that I had heard was that Parse was on schedule to come back as early as 3/12 but I don't recall exactly when etc.

So if he comes back...

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:30 PM
  #15
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust
 
AKAY47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,301
vCash: 500
Found it:

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/02/22...-from-skating/

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:40 PM
  #16
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
I see what your saying but he could still be back before the end of the season, just before but before.

I will call my lines to be for the playoffs providing Parse returns.

He is skating, that is certain but I have no idea how hard and how close he actually is or isn't with the exception of what TM said regarding a set back of a "couple of weeks" on Feb 22.

It will be interesting and Parse will be a really solid add providing he is back in time for the playoffs.

Thanks for taking the time to look it up.

I will be in Ottawa this weekend.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 12:45 AM
  #17
bland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Penner-Kopitar-Brown (That's right! I think they have chemstry)
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Ponikarovsky-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Richardson-Lewis
Brown's played three good games since Halloween, none of which were anywhere near Kopitar.

He always, always plays well with Stoll, and Anze is better off away from Dustin.

Why in the world would Murray insist on playing them together again? It isn't profitable for the team or either player.

And he's going to do it, for certain.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 12:45 AM
  #18
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Penner-Kopitar-Williams
Smyth-Stoll-Simmonds
Richardson-Lewis-Brown
Clifford-Zus-Poni

Or

Poni-Richardson-Brown
Clifford-Zus-Lewis

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 01:02 AM
  #19
kingscourt26
Registered User
 
kingscourt26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Brown's played three good games since Halloween, none of which were anywhere near Kopitar.

He always, always plays well with Stoll, and Anze is better off away from Dustin.

Why in the world would Murray insist on playing them together again? It isn't profitable for the team or either player.

And he's going to do it, for certain.
This. Brown doesnt belong anywhere near Kopitar on the ice. They make each other worse players

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 01:08 AM
  #20
kingdoughty
Registered User
 
kingdoughty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
Penner - Kopitar - Williams
Smyth - Stoll - Brown
Poni - Zeus - Simmonds
Richardson - Lewis - Clifford

kingdoughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 01:18 AM
  #21
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,044
vCash: 500
Everyone has Penner with Kopitar. Remember who our coach is guys, don't be so sure. Penner could be playing with Stoll and Simmonds. It totally depends on what names he pulls out of the hat.

If I were coach...

Penner- Kopitar- Williams
Smyth- Stoll- Brown
Richardson- Handzus- Simmonds
Clifford- Lewis- Ponikarovsky

- First line is a solid NHL first line on paper. Williams should have room to make plays. If these guys can get some chemistry look out.

- 2nd line is a weakness. Brown is inconsistent and struggles to put up pts away from Kopitar, Smyth is really slow and struggles at ES, Stoll is a 3rd line talent. This line will be much improved next fall with Schenn centering the 2nd line

- 3rd line I really like. Richie and Simmonds are aggressive and make up for Handzus lack of speed. Both Richardson and Simmonds have been playing strong of late

- 4th line is solid. Little bit of everything

For the PP.

Penner- Kopitar- Williams
Johnson- Doughty

I know, what a concept, putting your five best players on the PP. Something we haven't done all year. Tough to bump Smyth from the one thing he does well, but Penner is going to be an improvement here and we need Williams skill and creativty on the PP.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 01:18 AM
  #22
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,975
vCash: 500
TM said tonight before the game that Penner would be on Kopi's wing.

Whats the over/under on how long that lasts?

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 01:20 AM
  #23
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,975
vCash: 500
I'd substitute Penner for Handzus on the 1st pp unit. Having Smyth and Zues on the pp together is not a good idea lately. They can't skate for **** and passing is a whole other matter.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 02:19 AM
  #24
Monarchist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Penner-Kopitar-Brown (That's right! I think they have chemstry)
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Ponikarovsky-Handzus-Simmonds
Clifford-Richardson-Lewis
Yes, even though Williams is the best scoring right wing and Simmonds has shown more chemistry with Kopitar than Brown.

This second line has been great this year. This third line has been great this year.

We KNOW these second and third lines are dominant, and don't know how this first line will work out. It's not like we've ever seen Penner-Kopitar-Brown not work, while Smyth-Stoll-Williams was our best scoring line for as much of the season as it was together and Poni did best with Zus and Simmonds. Poni is a guy who has fallen shortest from his potential (perfect replacement for Frolov), and this third line is where he has done the best.

Try this first.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:18 AM
  #25
grncobra76
Registered User
 
grncobra76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Upland
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Everyone has Penner with Kopitar. Remember who our coach is guys, don't be so sure. Penner could be playing with Stoll and Simmonds. It totally depends on what names he pulls out of the hat.

If I were coach...

Penner- Kopitar- Williams
Smyth- Stoll- Brown
Richardson- Handzus- Simmonds
Clifford- Lewis- Ponikarovsky

- First line is a solid NHL first line on paper. Williams should have room to make plays. If these guys can get some chemistry look out.

- 2nd line is a weakness. Brown is inconsistent and struggles to put up pts away from Kopitar, Smyth is really slow and struggles at ES, Stoll is a 3rd line talent. This line will be much improved next fall with Schenn centering the 2nd line

- 3rd line I really like. Richie and Simmonds are aggressive and make up for Handzus lack of speed. Both Richardson and Simmonds have been playing strong of late

- 4th line is solid. Little bit of everything

For the PP.

Penner- Kopitar- Williams
Johnson- Doughty

I know, what a concept, putting your five best players on the PP. Something we haven't done all year. Tough to bump Smyth from the one thing he does well, but Penner is going to be an improvement here and we need Williams skill and creativty on the PP.
EVERYTHING THIS MAN SAYS MAKES SENSE TO ME....but I bet 1K dollars that TM disagrees.

grncobra76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.