HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Toughness Thread (all related talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Well you just got one more deleted MattKOTW. If you have an issue with your posts being deleted, send a message to one of the mods.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:21 PM
NSHabs

So its a subject were not allowed to discuss?
We should just sit back and pretend it didnt happen like Jacques and Pierre?
What happened in Boston was a disgrace.
People are concerned.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHabs View Post
So its a subject were not allowed to discuss?
We should just sit back and pretend it didnt happen like Jacques and Pierre?
What happened in Boston was a disgrace.
People are concerned.
Don't be a smart ass with me. There is a difference between wishing we were a tougher team, and wishing our players get injured to prove a point.

Also it is against HF rules to wish injury against ANY players.

Trolling - Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive.

Old
02-28-2011, 05:31 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Don't be a smart ass with me. There is a difference between wishing we were a tougher team, and wishing our players get injured to prove a point.

Also it is against HF rules to wish injury against ANY players.

Trolling - Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive.
HAHAHA That line works perfectly with your avy! The family guy monkey is a perfect avy for a grand mod as yourself!!!

As for the toughness aspect...teams BARELY FIGHT in the playoffs...as I said before one player doesn't make us TOUGH SUDDENLY...our team identity has to be TOUGH...

Our identity is a smart defensive brand of hockey that insulates our franchise player in Carey Price. We aren't known to wear the crap outta other teams so posters need to get this delusional idea out of their heads that one player will suddenly make us tough as balls. We got Moen, Wiz, White, etc. who are known to be tough but notice how they don't fight as much or lay big hits?

THATS PROB because JM's system dictates positional hockey and they don't wanna be taking penalties or giving other teams momentum... obviously we need to protect our players but getting a goon for the sake of it doesn't do much especially heading toward playoffs where fighting BARELY happens!

Old
02-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Maxpac

It is just unfreackinreal that after what happened in Boston, what happens at the end of almost every game against Philly,Toronto, Ottawa and Atlanta that Gauthier said we're a tough team because of our speed and defensive system. It is embarrassing to have a GM who thinks it's ok for his players to have to endure bad mouthing and cheap shots game after game after game...

Old
02-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Forsead

I would want more size, strenght, hits, grit and toughness with the habs for sure, but in this deadline I'm glad Gauthier hasn't made the trades that has brought that element, because they were all pretty costly.

Arnott, David Steckel + 2nd round pick (Steckel is already a big center able to get 15 pts and good in his zone), I wouldn't give white+2nd round pick for Arnott.

Penner, Colten Teubert, 1st round pick and 3rd round pick (conditional can be a 2nd if they win the cup) : that's alot for Penner IMO I don't think that a good trade.

Brad Winchester, 3rd round pick, not a bad trade still a little bit too much for a UFA 4th liner, but I would be happy with the deal, then again I think Gauthier has trade enough picks and another could have been too much.

It also show that 1) those guy had a high price on them and 2) Not alot were available.

So I think Habs are way better trying to improve this flaw this summer.

Closed Thread