HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian "Gretzky" Boyle?

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2011, 08:57 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

vCash: 500
With the deadline just passing, I was wondering...

What do you guys thing Boyle would fetch in a trade? What value does he have around the league now (not that I want to trade him).

Just curious seeing as he came in for a 3rd rounder - and at that time it was a 'waste' of a 3rd.

Old
03-01-2011, 08:59 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
With the deadline just passing, I was wondering...

What do you guys thing Boyle would fetch in a trade? What value does he have around the league now (not that I want to trade him).

Just curious seeing as he came in for a 3rd rounder - and at that time it was a 'waste' of a 3rd.
Why entertain the thought?

We could've just got Penner for like nothing...or should I say EDM got rid of Penner for like nothing (a first rounder they HOPE could turn into a Penner)

I repeat, no think of getting rid of Boyle. We need him, he's a keeper.

Old
03-01-2011, 09:39 AM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Oh I know he is. And I wouldn't want to trade him. But I do want him tried on the wing

I saw a 'rumor' that Dallas requested him back in part of the package. So was curious.

Old
03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
Oh I know he is. And I wouldn't want to trade him. But I do want him tried on the wing

I saw a 'rumor' that Dallas requested him back in part of the package. So was curious.
Ha! I know where they could stick that request!

I want Boyle with a first line role. It would be good for everyone.

I hope everyone saw him create that breakaway a few days ago just by the monster ass strides!

Old
03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Why entertain the thought?

We could've just got Penner for like nothing...or should I say EDM got rid of Penner for like nothing (a first rounder they HOPE could turn into a Penner)

I repeat, no think of getting rid of Boyle. We need him, he's a keeper.
I think Edmonton will end up the winner in that deal.

Old
03-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Ha! I know where they could stick that request!

I want Boyle with a first line role. It would be good for everyone.

I hope everyone saw him create that breakaway a few days ago just by the monster ass strides!
These are the lines i would love to see..w/gaborik

Boyle Prospal Gaborik
Dubi Stepan Callahan
Wolski Anisimov Zucca
Prust EC Avery

You see size, speed, goalscoring, playmaking, and defense on every line here. When feds comes back you replace EC with Feds.

Old
03-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I think Edmonton will end up the winner in that deal.
I'd have to agree.

Penner was essentially an under achiever in Edmonton. L.A. might be a better environment for him. Less intense hockey wise.

Edmonton gets a solid prospect in Teubert and a 1st rounder to add to the picks and prospects they already have.

Old
03-01-2011, 02:01 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I take all Rangers stats with a grain of salt because it has been reported in many places that Rangers statisticians are a bit "enthusiastic".

Yes, he's going to score 20-25 goals, but end up with around 35 points, which is nothing that fans usually get excited about. And he has gotten a lot of quality minutes this year, so it's not like he's doing this without ice time.

Boyle has been a pleasant surprise, but he is being treated like a great player by some here. The fact that he is leading the team in goals is more of an indictment of the rest of the team, considering the total of goals we are talking about.

While he has been more physical than before, he heasn't struck me as being an intimidating force.

Guess I'm just confused why he has become such a hero to some fans. He's an okay 3rd liner having a career year. He'll most likely disappear into oblivion next year. Just my opinion.
Yeah, but he's only had quality line mates recently. He was on the fourth line most of the year. You expect him to get assists that way?

Old
03-04-2011, 10:40 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I wish he had the balls to drop the gloves w/Neil tonight during the scrum..He has to be softest 6ft 7 guy in the league..What a shame..He will score 12 goals next year..Book it.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:44 PM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
I wish he had the balls to drop the gloves w/Neil tonight during the scrum..He has to be softest 6ft 7 guy in the league..What a shame..He will score 12 goals next year..Book it.
Based on....that fact that he didn't drop the gloves with Chris Neil?

Old
03-04-2011, 10:46 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
...why would he fight late in a game and potentially injure himself? To appease the fans? He's one of our most important players, and Boyle isn't stupid enough to risk anything in a fight at the end of a game the Rangers were going to win.

03-04-2011, 10:50 PM
darko

Quote:

1. we were winning at the time so no point really
2. that Neil guy is pretty darn good fighter. Boyle would've got destoyed.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:51 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Based on his first 40 games he was good..How many goals has he scored in the last 25? His first 40 were a fluke..I will never drink the Cool Aid for this guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
Based on....that fact that he didn't drop the gloves with Chris Neil?

Old
03-04-2011, 10:53 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

God forbid a fight happens in a 4-1 game late..THAT never happens! God forbid a 6ft 7 guy stands up for himself instead of turning the other cheek..He is a puss..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
...why would he fight late in a game and potentially injure himself? To appease the fans? He's one of our most important players, and Boyle isn't stupid enough to risk anything in a fight at the end of a game the Rangers were going to win.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:58 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

You have absolutely no argument here other than what you wanted to happen. What is he standing up for? Some goon pushing him? It's not like he didn't push him back, and go hide in a corner like you act as if he did. Besides, he's an awful tactical fighter. Just because he's 6'7 doesn't mean he should be fighting people, which you seem to think. The guy isn't Derek Boogaard, he's a actual NHL player, and he's here to score goals and play defense, which he does well. Just because he didn't fight a guy known for his fighting abilities doesn't make him a "puss". This isn't boxing, it's hockey.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:03 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

I think the main reason Boyle stood down was to avoid taking another penalty and losing a chance at another PP. Anyone complaining is just being silly.

RANGERS =
Old
03-04-2011, 11:05 PM
nyrleetch

Boxing was on ESPN2 tonight. Maybe you should've watched that Surf.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:23 PM
darko

Quote:
You people are hillarious..He stood down because he is a 6ft 7 puss with no balls..Not because he didnt want to take a penalty..We have seen the best from this guy..How many goals in the last 25?? He is a ghost in the scoring department..

How tall are you?

Old
03-04-2011, 11:26 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

I'm not even going to bother responding, because I'll probably get permabanned if I said what I actually want to say right now, but have you ever thought that he just didn't feel like fighting? Does he not have a right to not want to fight without being called "a puss with no balls"? "A puss" doesn't constantly throw themselves in front of 90+ MPH slapshots on a penalty kill, sacrificing his body for the team. Fighting constantly doesn't make him a real tough player, he just becomes another useless goon. This is the NHL, not the LNAH.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:29 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I thought it was funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Nice way of avoiding the question. Just because a guy is 6'7 doesnt mean he's the toughest SOB out there.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:30 PM
darko

Quote:
I thought it was funny.

So did I. I laughed really hard at that post ... oh and your previous couple posts as well.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:33 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Exactly..He doesn't feel like fighting EVERY NIGHT..We can both agree on that..If you think he's using his size to its full advantage than good for you..I totally disagree..Not once did I say I want him fighting every game and turn into a goon..Being 6ft 7 260 lbs should be a huge advantage for him..He could be a physical force if he wanted to..He has no interest in that style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
I'm not even going to bother responding, because I'll probably get permabanned if I said what I actually want to say right now, but have you ever thought that he just didn't feel like fighting? Does he not have a right to not want to fight without being called "a puss with no balls"? "A puss" doesn't constantly throw themselves in front of 90+ MPH slapshots on a penalty kill, sacrificing his body for the team. Fighting constantly doesn't make him a real tough player, he just becomes another useless goon. This is the NHL, not the LNAH.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:35 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

How does he not use his size to his advantage? A ton of the goals he's scored are because he's so big that he can protect the puck as well as anybody, and bull his way to the net. It's also an advantage on the penalty kill, as well as defending behind the net.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:38 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Using size to your advantage clearly only means fighting.

Not power moves, board battles, puck possession, such nonsense is for the Euro nancy pants.

I will say this; I am still happier with the prospect of Boyle as a 4th line center who can step up than a 3rd liner permanently. Same with Prust at RW.

Old
03-04-2011, 11:38 PM
savebyrichter35

It's an absolute shame what happens to this board when the team isn't playing well. The quality of posters decreases dramatically and it forces away the intelligent posters. I mean this with no disrespect to BB, but it's pathetic that one of the most logical and knowledgeable posters right now is a 15 year old. I used to always have the HF tab open on firefox but I barely even come here anymore and now I remember why.

Closed Thread