HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#65 - 03.01.2011 | Buffalo Sabres @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - VS. (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2011, 08:32 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Devil fan rooting to the Rangers. Go get them guys.
You bring us bad karma, I will beat you.

Lol..just kidding..sorta.

Old
03-01-2011, 08:33 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Love your enthusiasm, but...

Agreed. Especially considering heaven forbid someone ties us come season's end..we could lose, as of right now, SEVEN wins, cause of the stupid new tie breaker rules.

No more shootouts.

No more 3 point games

Win or lose from here on out.

LGR!!!
Couldnt disagree more about no more OTL's... how many one goal games have the Rangers lost lately? If they get a few points here or there then they are in 6th right now. Of course you want them to win everygame, but if they want to move up theyll need to start getting points in games they lose.

Old
03-01-2011, 08:48 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Couldnt disagree more about no more OTL's... how many one goal games have the Rangers lost lately? If they get a few points here or there then they are in 6th right now. Of course you want them to win everygame, but if they want to move up theyll need to start getting points in games they lose.
Agree, it's not realistic..but again..I say that based on the fear that they will end up tied with someone in points, come season's end. And IF that happens, they could be in big trouble. But, putting that fear aside, you're right..IF they are going to lose..it would certainly be preferable to lose in OT or a shootout. It gains us at least a point, plus it will hurt the teams below us.

So..with 18 games remaining, they need, in my opinion..at least 10 wins..so if they go 10-5-3, that puts them at 43 wins, and 93 points. I'll take that..you?

Old
03-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Can You Say Huge Game?

Old
03-01-2011, 09:06 AM
WhatThePuck
"Shoots Wide" !!!

Win Or Fail......no excuses !!

Old
03-01-2011, 09:09 AM
yarre

Rangers win, 3-1

Old
03-01-2011, 09:30 AM
AJRanger

Rangers win, McCabe scores on the PP. Get it done.

Old
03-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Buffalo's likely lines:

Vanek-Connolly-Boyes
Stafford-Hecht-Pominville
Ennis-Gaustad-Kaleta
Gerbe-McCormick-Grier
x Niedermayer

Butler-Myers
Morrisonn-Weber
Sekera-Montador
x Leopold (Questionable--if he plays, Sekera likely comes out)

Miller
Lalime

Old
03-01-2011, 09:37 AM
JaeTM

Going to the game tonight. LGR as I've already spent well over $200 on tickets this season I'd like to see a win

Old
03-01-2011, 09:40 AM
94now

It will come down as G duel. Lundqvist lost to Roloson last game. Hope he will prevail over Miller and so will Rangers.

Old
03-01-2011, 09:48 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Agree, it's not realistic..but again..I say that based on the fear that they will end up tied with someone in points, come season's end. And IF that happens, they could be in big trouble. But, putting that fear aside, you're right..IF they are going to lose..it would certainly be preferable to lose in OT or a shootout. It gains us at least a point, plus it will hurt the teams below us.

So..with 18 games remaining, they need, in my opinion..at least 10 wins..so if they go 10-5-3, that puts them at 43 wins, and 93 points. I'll take that..you?
Of course ill take that, but i dont think well need that many wins to be honest. I think 9 might do it as long as they get a few points in tight games. 10 to be safe...

Don't forget, that Shootout Wins DO NOT factor into the tiebreaker - so on second thought, you may have a point with winning games outright after you take a look at this:

Here are the tiebreaker win totals for each team in the race (with the standings win total in parentheses):

NYR - 26 (33)
CAR - 25 (29)
BUF - 24 (29)
TOR - 23 (27)
ATL - 23 (26)
NJD - 25 (27)

Even though the Rangers have 33 wins and seemingly ahead in this category - they are only one ahead of the Devils when it comes to the tiebreaker. This might have something to do with that fact that they only have 3 regulation wins over their last 19 games. Yes folks, only 3. Rough stat.

I think both of us have valid points. This team needs Regulation Wins in the worst way. But my thinking is if they are struggling in that department, at least pick up points any way you can. In the end it's the points that get you to the dance.

Speaking of the Devils - They have that really really easy March schedule. 9 out of the 14 games are against teams outside the playoff line. But even if ALL the teams in the race including the Rangers go .500 or .476 the Devils still can only afford to lose 5 games the rest of the season. Going 15-5 would give them 88 points. If the Rangers go 9-9 they also have 88. Carolina goes 9-10 and they have 87, and so on. So the Devils getting in is going to be really tough, but its scary to think they may have a shot with such an easy schedule. But- theyll need help - and they'll need it from 6 teams looking for 2 spots. (i'm not counting Montreal) If they drop 2 in a row at any point that might be enough to crush their spirit.

Anyhow, the Rangers have to take care of their own business and not worry about everyone else. Win tonight, and they'll be 7 points up on the Sabres with 3 tiebreaker wins in hand going into the last 17 games, opposed to 3 points up and 1 tiebreaker win in hand. Tonight is GIGANTIC.

Old
03-01-2011, 10:06 AM
babyshamble

Rangers win 4-2

Wolski 2
Cally 1
McCabe 1

Zuccarello fights Gerbe and gets told to pick on someone his own size by Ruff at the post-game press conference.

Old
03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Of course ill take that, but i dont think well need that many wins to be honest. I think 9 might do it as long as they get a few points in tight games. 10 to be safe...

Don't forget, that Shootout Wins DO NOT factor into the tiebreaker - so on second thought, you may have a point with winning games outright after you take a look at this:

Here are the tiebreaker win totals for each team in the race (with the standings win total in parentheses):

NYR - 26 (33)
CAR - 25 (29)
BUF - 24 (29)
TOR - 23 (27)
ATL - 23 (26)
NJD - 25 (27)

Even though the Rangers have 33 wins and seemingly ahead in this category - they are only one ahead of the Devils when it comes to the tiebreaker. This might have something to do with that fact that they only have 3 regulation wins over their last 19 games. Yes folks, only 3. Rough stat.

I think both of us have valid points. This team needs Regulation Wins in the worst way. But my thinking is if they are struggling in that department, at least pick up points any way you can. In the end it's the points that get you to the dance.

Speaking of the Devils - They have that really really easy March schedule. 9 out of the 14 games are against teams outside the playoff line. But even if ALL the teams in the race including the Rangers go .500 or .476 the Devils still can only afford to lose 5 games the rest of the season. Going 15-5 would give them 88 points. If the Rangers go 9-9 they also have 88. Carolina goes 9-10 and they have 87, and so on. So the Devils getting in is going to be really tough, but its scary to think they may have a shot with such an easy schedule. But- theyll need help - and they'll need it from 6 teams looking for 2 spots. (i'm not counting Montreal) If they drop 2 in a row at any point that might be enough to crush their spirit.

Anyhow, the Rangers have to take care of their own business and not worry about everyone else. Win tonight, and they'll be 7 points up on the Sabres with 3 tiebreaker wins in hand going into the last 17 games, opposed to 3 points up and 1 tiebreaker win in hand. Tonight is GIGANTIC.
All valid points...See my post in the March stretch run thread, and you'll see how I came up with my numbers.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=3...4&postcount=25

All of this btw, includes us losing 3 in a row this month, but only 1 in regulation, and losing to the Devils the last game of the season. I don't want ANY of that to happen..but I'm trying to be realistic, look at the games, and estimate which ones I really think we'll win, and which one I really think we'll lose. And another very important factor is that when we do lose, we gotta hope other teams lose at the same time. That alone, can make a huge difference.

And trust me...I know ALL TOO WELL how scary the prospects of the Devils being able to pull this off are! Don't forget, I am married to one of them, and I hear it EVERY SINGLE DAY!!

My biggest nightmare is us facing them on the last day of the season, and having NO CHOICE, but to win, and right now..I don't think we can!

Old
03-01-2011, 10:52 AM
Unpredictable1

With Biron lost to injury, this is the stretch where Henrik steps it up and it starts tonight.

TheKing:\[Enter]
TheKing:\GodMode

Old
03-01-2011, 11:29 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Buffalo's likely lines:

Vanek-Connolly-Boyes

Sick potential of a top line....

03-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
With Biron lost to injury, this is the stretch where Henrik steps it up and it starts tonight.

TheKing:\GodMode

Here is a key to the game... and every game from here on out

PROTECT THE KING

Old
03-01-2011, 11:48 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chariot View Post
Here is a key to the game... and every game from here on out

PROTECT THE KING
Seriously...

Anyone runs him - ya gotta be there to say uh-uh-no-ya-dont.

Old
03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

NYR - 26 (33)
CAR - 25 (29)
BUF - 24 (29)
TOR - 23 (27)
ATL - 23 (26)
NJD - 25 (27)

Regulation wins are really not terribly important. But getting to OT is much more important than losing in regulation. Look at it this way...you can make the playoffs with single digit wins on the season. Certainly it would never happen, but mathematically a team could go 8-0-74 and make the playoffs with 90 points. That's absurd as any team no doubt would have a better OT record...but the point remains that just getting to OT is so important on a nightly basis. Regulation losses are catastrophic in the era of 3 point games. If you're going to be on the wrong side in a 1 goal game you had better lose after the first 60 minutes.

Old
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Unbelievably huge game. I thought the Rangers played well last game, but like usual the luck went the other way, and Tampa capitalized when they needed to. I have a good feeling tonight though.

LGR!

Old
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbgRanger View Post
The rangers need to win if they don´t want to rely on others results. We need some production from MZA and AA. Come on guys, DO IT! If debbies makes the playoff and rangers don´t then I have no idea what I´m going to do.
No need to worry. If the rangers miss the PO,then you have Frölunda to put your trust in to the SEL P...eh qualifier

Sorry...just had to.
GO Modo and FBK

Old
03-01-2011, 12:51 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyshamble View Post
Rangers win 4-2

Wolski 2
Cally 1
McCabe 1

Zuccarello fights Gerbe and gets told to pick on someone his own size by Ruff at the post-game press conference.
Zuke had he`s first 2 minutes last game. Going to be an enforcer from now on,and easy take Boogards spot....NO

Old
03-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:

Right now, we have more regulation wins then any other team who could potentially threaten our playoff spot.

Old
03-01-2011, 01:08 PM
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

Biggest game of the season so far, lets see what this team is made of.

LGR!!!

Old
03-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

As a some one whos only 22 I don't remember this exactly, but I remember my dad telling about a year I think it was 88' when the devils stormed back in like the last 20 games of the season to take the 8th spot and knock the Rangers out of the playoff picture that year? Can any one shed some light on this and what year it was and so on...

And if that is the case... Better not happen again.

Old
03-01-2011, 01:23 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Ennis-Connolly-Boyes
Vanek-Hecht-Stafford
Niedermayer-Gaustad-Pominville
Kaleta-McCormick-Grier/Gerbe

Buffalo's lines at practice.