HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Artem Anisimov

Old
02-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Yes this is a travesty. You're talking about a player who has worked his way up through the AHL, toiled happily on the 4th line, and has brought chemistry and success to just about any major line he has been on.

Shelley-AA-Prust? Our best line late last year, even with a Goon on it.

Dubi-AA-Cally? His defensive smarts and shot fit perfectly with our hard hitting fast skating guys.

I can't believe some of the stuff I am reading here.
Once again, I agree. No one should expect every prospect to develop at an even pace--part of learning to play in the NHL involves learning to be consistant, which can be the hardest lesson of all. Arty's doing just fine. He's not lazy, he's not disinterested, he works hard and he's shown real improvement from his rookie year. There's no reason to believe he won't continue to get better and better. And that's good enough for me.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:22 AM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Ok well its fair for people to have their own opinions, I think yours would be in the overwhelming minority considering the years these two players are having.

But coming back to the main point: effort. It's what makes Cally Cally + Dubi Dubi. Its what makes Girardi himself. Its what we appreciate watching Prust and Staal, even Crosby and Ovy. The desperate need to compete. Just seems missing with Artie. Maybe its fatigue at this point. Raw talent really means nothing, its all multiplied by the effort factor. Thats why guys with poor skills become good players and fan favorites, because we appreciate their effort. Thats why "good players" become scapegoats when they dog it.
He has not played 2 full seasons in NHL yet. He is a center who's already been put to play against other teams top lines and defensive pairs. Boyle, who was supposed to surely be in Hartford in the beginning of the season has played MOSTLY against 3rd or 4th lines and secondary defensemen. Also, try to remember either Cally or Dubi in their 2nd year in NHL. In terms of development Artie is leaps and bounds ahead of both of them during the same point in their careers. Just from that perspective, imagine where he's going to be in 2 years compared to them (hopefully no one thinks that I'm knocking Cally, Dubi and / or Boyle here).

If you try to follow him (I mean his movement on the ice instead of a puck) you would understand how smart he is and how high his hockey IQ is. He always plays smart so it might seem to some that he is not giving it all, but he is actually doing what all of our players need to do more - he anticipates plays instead of reacting to them.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 01:20 PM
egelband

benching him wont help his confidence. it's a slump. stay the course. let him develop. it's a very long season for a youngster. he needs to push through.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Some people are going to have to realize that, sooner or later, some of these kids are going to get packaged in a trade for some elite talent.

If/when the Rangers acquire Richards in the offseason, Anisimov becomes the most likely to go first in my opinion.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Some people are going to have to realize that, sooner or later, some of these kids are going to get packaged in a trade for some elite talent.

If/when the Rangers acquire Richards in the offseason, Anisimov becomes the most likely to go first in my opinion.

i don't see why Anisimov has to go anywhere should we sign Richards.
I think with the possibility of Richards centering the 1st line, Stepan the 2nd line, Anisimov the 3rd line and Boyle centering the 4th line....that would be a VERY solid center corps IMO. no? Stepan at this point in his career belongs on the 2nd line and Anisimov could turn out to be the perfect two-way third line center-man that he was originally projected to be.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 02:22 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

Dubinski in my.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Dubinski in my.
Unless you're severly drunk on the Kreider kool-aid, then you're out of your mind.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 02:41 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Has he hit a nice slump? Absolutely. Should he benched for it? Absolutely not.

Like others have said, the great thing about Artem is that even when he isn't scoring he is very effective defensively. He has to work on his release badly though. He gets an insane amount of power into his shot, but it takes him ages to get it off.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 03:01 PM
mullichicken25

its getting really hard to read this forum...

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 03:38 PM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
i don't see why Anisimov has to go anywhere should we sign Richards.
I think with the possibility of Richards centering the 1st line, Stepan the 2nd line, Anisimov the 3rd line and Boyle centering the 4th line....that would be a VERY solid center corps IMO. no? Stepan at this point in his career belongs on the 2nd line and Anisimov could turn out to be the perfect two-way third line center-man that he was originally projected to be.
Thank you, or putting it differently - do we have a center in our system who is potentially better than Artem? That should be the answer regardless of whether we sign BR in offseason (signing him would only determine if AA is 1st, 2nd or 3rd line center).

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Scooter17

The only thing about Artie that annoys me is his inability to finish on wide open chances in front of the net. I love everything else he does.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 05:31 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
The only thing about Artie that annoys me is his inability to finish on wide open chances in front of the net. I love everything else he does.
Prove me wrong Arty, have a great game tonight.

To everyone else, just watch his lethargic tentativeness - this is the main thing which strikes ill.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

He could use a summer with Barb Underhill. Other than that, I have no complaints whatsoever. Developing into an excellent two-way center.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 05:45 PM
jmb9191

this guy is garbage. plays like a big girl. at any given time hes the biggest guy on the ice if not the second biggest guy on the ice, but plays like the smallest. i have a pretty nice wrist shot also, does that make me a really good player? no. get rid of this bum now before his value is even less than it is now. hes a big vag on the ice.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
this guy is garbage. plays like a big girl. at any given time hes the biggest guy on the ice if not the second biggest guy on the ice, but plays like the smallest. i have a pretty nice wrist shot also, does that make me a really good player? no. get rid of this bum now before his value is even less than it is now. hes a big vag on the ice.
He has a lot more than a nice wrist shot. If you could do any of the other things he can do you would be a really good player. Open your eyes. Hockey isn't so one dimensional that one aspect of one's game being off makes them useless.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 05:57 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
its getting really hard to read this forum...
LOL, thinking the same thing and I've only read a couple pages.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 06:03 PM
greasch#4

The OP has no idea about player development. He has ignored valid points throughout the thread and has not had many answers to questions posed such as - Who would you insert in the line-up if he sits? Benching isn't the answer for everyone. Especially second year players who are defensively sound and need more ice time to develop confidence in their offensive game. I think we all agree that he has not been playing his best hockey lately. The question is do you let him play through it or do you sit him? I think sitting him would be counter productive for his development and it would also weaken the line-up during a playoff run.

greasch#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 06:03 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
This is just...wrong.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasch#4 View Post
The OP has no idea about player development. He has ignored valid points throughout the thread and has not had many answers to questions posed such as - Who would you insert in the line-up if he sits? Benching isn't the answer for everyone. Especially second year players who are defensively sound and need more ice time to develop confidence in their offensive game. I think we all agree that he has not been playing his best hockey lately. The question is do you let him play through it or do you sit him? I think sitting him would be counter productive for his development and it would also weaken the line-up during a playoff run.
I completely understand development. Thats why I say coasting isn't good. Its fine to have a sour streak - but at least move your legs a bit.

What have I been avoiding? I say sit him for one or two games to give him either a rest or a mental reboot. Bring someone up from AHL or play Newbury. It's not a permeant solution just a temporary one to get Arty back to his average self.

I think Rangers fans have lost a little bit of perspective on what an average player should be contributing.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
jmb9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
He has a lot more than a nice wrist shot. If you could do any of the other things he can do you would be a really good player. Open your eyes. Hockey isn't so one dimensional that one aspect of one's game being off makes them useless.
Jason Ward was a really good defensive player too. Bottom line is, Anisimov is not nearly the guy he was made out to be, and he is a waste of a big body. Hes the first guy I woulda dealt for Richards.

Old
03-01-2011, 06:55 PM
xxxZENxxx

Just to reiterate... AA's problem is that he is SOFT. He gets knocked off the puck by air. You can't teach him to be any different... it is who he is. Given his solid two-way game, I (and most people) can live with that as long as he contributes offensively. The problem is that he isn't... and missing tap-ins on a per-game basis. All of this doesn't mean he should be benched or anything like that. He needs to be in the line-up for the experience. It is just soooo frustrating to watch a guy with power forward like size being bumped off the puck by frickin' Martin St. Louis.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 07:39 PM
boyle2boyle

Reposting this from the GDT, didn't see this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Trading AA42 for someone with top 6 talent would be a start.
Anisimov is 150th in the league in points scored among forwards. That makes him a solid 5th or 6th forward. Not to mention, he is definitely one of the top forwards on our team defensively as well. Oh, and then there's the fact that he's TWENTY-****ING-TWO. Seriously, I'm not one to get pissed at people but everyone **** talking AA is really getting on my nerves.

boyle2boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 08:05 PM
jiveseed

That goal was hard to watch. We should have benched AA.

jiveseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 08:15 PM
jmb9191

he scored a goal, awesome. he still sucks and plays like a girl

Old
03-01-2011, 08:34 PM
boyle2boyle

Quote:
he scored a goal, awesome. he still sucks and plays like a girl
His solid board play contributed to so many chances tonight it wasn't even funny. Please say something intelligent or don't say anything at all. And quit it with the "Anisimov plays like a girl" and the "he's a big vag on the ice". It doesn't make you look tough, it makes you look like a sexist *****.

boyle2boyle is offline   Reply With Quote