HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #65 vs. Buffalo Sabres

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #65 vs. Buffalo Sabres
Artem Anisimov 12 13.79%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 6 6.90%
Erik Christensen 3 3.45%
Brandon Dubinsky 2 2.30%
Henrik Lundqvist 2 2.30%
Bryan McCabe 9 10.34%
Ryan McDonagh 47 54.02%
Michael Sauer 1 1.15%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Other 5 5.75%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
I've said it time and time again and its cliche as hell -i you need your best players to be your best players to make the playoffs and advance. With no Gaborik, an inconsistent Henrik and an injured Staal, this team has no hope for the postseason. If Gaborik wasn't such a pansy and played like he did last season, we'd be 15 points up on a playoff spot.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
From reading the posts, this sounds like it was a typical regulation loss for us?
Pretty much the same game we've lost for a month now yeah.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
I've said it time and time again and its cliche as hell -i you need your best players to be your best players to make the playoffs and advance. With no Gaborik, an inconsistent Henrik and an injured Staal, this team has no hope for the postseason. If Gaborik wasn't such a pansy and played like he did last season, we'd be 15 points up on a playoff spot.
So, the fact that he's concurred makes him a "pansy". Cool.

Death By BB Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

POTG: Anisimov
Good: McDonagh could have gotten it POTG. I thought Girardi and Gilroy had good games. Zuccarello and Stepan too. Also, Ed Olcyzk: "If you're a defenseman, you need to know how to count"
Bad: Prospal, Eminger.
Redden: Refs. I don't usually complain about them, but it seemed like most of the whistles they blew were bad calls and too many penalties went uncalled, including 3 times in one shift that Zuccarello should have drawn. Also, they were in the way. A lot.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
POTG - Anisimov
Good - McD, Cally in the 3rd
Bad - not burying chances
Redden - the defensive coverage in front of the net
Yeah, thought Milbury was pretty funny when he said something like "might as well blow Vanek a kiss" after the first goal with Girardi no where near Vanek until the shot was well on its way off Myers stick. The Sabres could have had a tea party in front of our goal all night.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:01 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshirt4lyfe View Post
even when he's not playing we're killing Gabby
That's the problem with him. He doesn't ****ing play.

I blew up for the first time tonight. After that Zucc chance at the end of the game I completely lost it, and screamed: "THEY KEEP ON ****ING HANDING YOU ****ING CHANCES AND YOU STILL CAN'T ****ING FINISH!!!!! **** THIS TEAM, ****ING SUCKS!!!!!"

Word for word right there.

Anyway:

POTG: McDonagh and it's not even remotely close
Good: Gilroy looked pretty damn good to be quite honest, but I wasn't really paying much attention. McCabe, Christensen as well.
Bad: "Can't ****ing finish"
Redden: Refs. Miss two, count 'em, two penalties on Tyler Myers, miss the freaking linebacker tackle from Sejkera. Even Versus was on the Rangers side tonight.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:01 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter and wendy View Post
So, the fact that he's concurred makes him a "pansy". Cool.
Yeah that's exactly what he was trying to say. It had nothing to do with the fact Gaborik has sucked ****ing ass this season.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:02 PM
NYRSchrute217

Awful, awful performance

I thought Girardi was awful tonight.

Buffalo, Montreal, Carolina get wins...terrific night for the Rangers. They need to learn how to score some damn goals.

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers44*

This team is really frustrating to watch, theey keep losing 1 goal games and can't put together any substantial winning streaks.

McCabe looks pretty good on the PP, looks like he really knows what he is doing out there.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bmw2004

**** that team. Good night good people. Not going to ruin my week because of loses. Not going to ruing my summer if they don't make the playoffs.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraparounds View Post
From reading the posts, this sounds like it was a typical regulation loss for us?
Exactly.

Play relatively well, create a ton of chances, fail to finish, make a few boneheaded plays that directly result in goals, torture the fans with about 10 extremely good chances, lose 3-2.

This team is sadistic.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Abooch68

Guys we have to face reality... We value some of our young guys a little to much.. This team isn't going to go anywhere with the talent we currently have and the talent in our system... I know hockey is a team game, but look at the top teams in the league and the caliber of talent they have.. I know we don't know can't tell how good players will become but I can't see the "young" offensive guys on this team develop much more than they already have.. and the guys in the farm? Kreider is the only one that could come close.. Mediocrity is what this team is and will be for many more years unless something is done..

Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Rangers44*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
Awful, awful performance

I thought Girardi was awful tonight.

Buffalo, Montreal, Carolina get wins...terrific night for the Rangers. They need to learn how to score some damn goals.
Girardi should have been traded while his value was at its highest.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I'd have to agree. We get another 42 out of Gaborik we're in 5th place. This team is potentially one elite scorer away form contending, I just don't want to mortgage the future or butt**** the cap to get him.
At this point I think it's getting necessary to do so.

We're as literal as you can get when you say "build from the net out"

Good backup
Elite Goalie

ignoring our third pairing...
McDonagh-Sauer
Staal-Girardi

4th line
3rd line
2nd line

...and then we hit the wall. We have no 1st line to help us NOT lose games 3-2. We either need a sniper or Richards to feed Gaborik and boost the play of whatever tweener we put on the 1st, probably Dubi.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I would rather finish last then our typical just good enough to fail first.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
Guys we have to face reality... We value some of our young guys a little to much.. This team isn't going to go anywhere with the talent we currently have and the talent in our system... I know hockey is a team game, but look at the top teams in the league and the caliber of talent they have.. I know we don't know can't tell how good players will become but I can't see the "young" offensive guys on this team develop much more than they already have.. and the guys in the farm? Kreider is the only one that could come close.. Mediocrity is what this team is and will be for many more years unless something is done..
And what do you want done? You don't just draft Kanes and Crosbys unless you're one of the worst in the league. We're not.

Old
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Ask and you shall receive, torts calls out refs for controlling game with too many calls, they put the whistles in their pocket.

PotG: Anisimov

The good: McDonagh, Zuccarello, Avery was on his game tonight too.

The bad: Power play still needs work, lack of finishing on prime scoring chances, the fact that the Rangers never...ever get a bounce in their favor. McCabe was weak but I like that he was trigger happy. Also it was McCabe's presence that gave EC so much room to get that shot off on his PP goal.

The Redden: The refs were terribly inconsistent, laughably inconsistent. Prospal is done, call up Grachev.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I am sure Girardi not hitting the guy in front isn't himself. That looks like a Torts play.
No old fashioned hockey allowed on this team.

Old
03-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
At this point I think it's getting necessary to do so.

We're as literal as you can get when you say "build from the net out"

Good backup
Elite Goalie

ignoring our third pairing...
McDonagh-Sauer
Staal-Girardi

4th line
3rd line
2nd line

...and then we hit the wall. We have no 1st line to help us NOT lose games 3-2. We either need a sniper or Richards to feed Gaborik and boost the play of whatever tweener we put on the 1st, probably Dubi.
Funny thing is we probably have the best second line in the league, the only problem is, they're our first line.

I still don't think the answer is Richards specifically, but someone has to be a big scorer for this team.

Old
03-01-2011, 09:07 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Just cause we're rebuilding/young blah blah doesn't mean we don't want to make the playoffs.

We had a pretty good cushion for a playoff spot at one point, and it just keeps getting smaller.

You don't just get good one year, make the playoffs and go far.

Part of it is getting that 7th/8th seed and taking your first round defeat (or hell, maybe we'll pull off an upset)

The point is I don't care how young we are. We are right there, we missed it in devestating fashion last year and I dont want it to happen again. Remember 7 years without playoffs? it sucks. I don't want a streak to start again.

You think its not important for this team to get rewarded for season of hard work by making the playoffs??

Making the playoffs would be huge for our young guys development but if we don't you have to take the amount of injuries we have had into consideration, Not just the amount of injuries but to who.

I never said that not making the playoffs wasn't important of course it is but as i just mentioned it's not like we have been a healthy team and add into everything that our go to guy Gaborik has been invisible when we needed him the most.

Maybe it isn't the kids thats the problem and maybe its that we don't have the right vets to nurture them along.

Anyway i can only speak for myself but as much as it hurts to lose games i look at Stepan and Mcdonagh and how they have played and it softens the blow of the tough time we are experiencing just now. Again if there is no improvement this time next year i myself would start to worry.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Callahan should get the C by now.

Guy hustles every shift.

Old
03-01-2011, 09:10 PM
ColonialsHockey10

It is truly awesome watching McDonagh though. He is such a good skater. POTG. Even though Zucc missed those 2 chances I thought he had a very active game in a good way.

Girardi's passing tonight was also the worst I've seen in years. My god he couldn't get anything through.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:10 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Funny thing is we probably have the best second line in the league, the only problem is, they're our first line.

I still don't think the answer is Richards specifically, but someone has to be a big scorer for this team.
Exactly. You give us a real first line and we're 4th in the conference, IMO. Everything just falls into place so perfectly past the 1st line that THAT'S why i'm so mad we lose like this. We're so close to being a great team.

X-X-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
W2/X-Stepan-Zucarello
Feds/X-Boyle-Prust

LWer-Boyle-Prust would be one of the best 4th lines in the league IMO, Pack Line is a top 2nd line, and the 3rd line is basically a 2B.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Dorado*

I said a month ago Vaclav Prospal is a good egg but he's finished . Everyone had a hard on for him coming back . We have won one regulation game since he's back . He can still win a face off and play PP that's it . Too slow and he was slow when he was healthy how slow is that.everyone on here has this huge hard on for Prospal , he scored 23 goals in almost a full season and got hurt . We traded away Brian Leetch and Adam graves when they were beat up and close to through yet bank on this old stiff who did nothing for this organization but put up 50 odd point in 7/8 of a season in which we finished 9th . Wake up .

Get off Gilroy and watch the game wanna hate in some one watch Prospal back check . IMO the Redden award is now the Prospal .menand my father 35 year season ticket holders were praying he didn't cone back .

Prospal sucks

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
The real sad thing is that we could easily fix the problem if we werent hamstrung by Drury/Redden.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote