Old
02-10-2011, 10:10 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

vCash: 500
Little tidbit I saw about Noebels.

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot...-plays-of.html

Quote:
Over to the WHL, Marcel Noebels is the only 2011 draft candidate who scores on the clips. Noebels, as you may recall, is a German forward with good size and offensive capabilities, but was passed over in 2010. He had a decent enough WJC that he could get another look, but is a bit of a perimeter guy and some NHL scouts have used the kiss of death "soft" tag on him with me. We'll see if he does enough with the Thunderbirds to get a late-round flyer.

JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:06 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLH View Post
To be realistic, we won't see Dietrich or Schubert (again) in the NHL. Holzer might fit, he has the attitude to work himself in the big league.

It will be really interesting if Braun will get a shot. I don't think it'll be with the Kings because their depth chart on defense simply is too crowded.

Krueger will get a contract with an NHL team sooner or later, no doubt about that. If it's not with the Canes who drafted him, Edmonton and the bloodlines will work. Or just another team. He has all the tools for a bonafide shutdown defenseman. Disciplin, big body, work ethic, solid first pass.
I read somewhere that Krueger was offered an ELC for this season, but declined it to play in the Swiss League. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back next year and play for Charlotte/Carolina.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 04:08 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
Hopefully he'll get picked up and improve his physical game. He's got the size and skating ability to succeed, he's just being held back because of his softness.

Old
02-25-2011, 05:18 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

double post

Last edited by JVR: 02-26-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old
02-25-2011, 05:20 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

The only one I really can see making the NHL at this point is Kühnhackl.

Apparently skating is his weak point but that can be improved.

Holzer doesn't seem to be at the top of the Leafs depth chart but maybe he will have a good camp, who knows. Or get traded to a team that is more desperate on D.

For all the other youth prospects is far too early to tell.

Old
02-26-2011, 09:11 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

It should be really interesting to see where Rieder goes this summer.

Coming into this season, it was thought he'd be a likely top 60 pick and that a good OHL season would have him sitting in round 1.

After firing on all cylinders at season's begin, he now has 45 points in 55 games.

I haven't seen him anywhere near the top 60 in rankings to date. In addition, he's a smaller kid in a draft that features LOTS of smaller players. That might play a role in him going first in rounds 4-7.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 08:06 PM
smitty10

Quote:
The only one I really can see making the NHL at this point is Kühnhackl.

Apparently skating is his weak point but that can be improved.

Holzer doesn't seem to be at the top of the Leafs depth chart but maybe he will have a good camp, who knows. Or get traded to a team that is more desperate on D.

For all the other youth prospects is far too early to tell.
Holzer seems to have a future with the Leafs. Everything I've seen from him has been positive and he's really improved his game since the start of the season. He should have a place on the Leafs next season at some point.

Mueller also could make the Leafs out of camp next season. He's improved more than any other current Marlie, IMO. I think Caputi may still have the edge, but he could make the third line out of camp. If he doesn't then he'll be back playing top 6 minutes in the AHL.

Old
02-27-2011, 04:45 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

But aren't Aulie and Mikus rated higher than him, I can't really see the Leafs go into
next season with 3 rookies, they won't go that far with the rebuild.

Old
02-27-2011, 10:56 PM
SeattleShark

vCash: 820
I have season tickets to the Tbirds and i have been very impressed with Noebels this year. The scouting reports on him are pretty spot on, good size, skating, shot and all that. For the softness knock i would say is accurate as well but he has improved a lot in that area. He wont put anyone on their ass out there but he does battle along the boards and play solid defense. He has steadily progressed all year and i am excited about his future.
BTW I just got home from a game... he scored a hat-trick

SeattleShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 07:16 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleShark View Post
I have season tickets to the Tbirds and i have been very impressed with Noebels this year. The scouting reports on him are pretty spot on, good size, skating, shot and all that. For the softness knock i would say is accurate as well but he has improved a lot in that area. He wont put anyone on their ass out there but he does battle along the boards and play solid defense. He has steadily progressed all year and i am excited about his future.
BTW I just got home from a game... he scored a hat-trick
It's always nice to hear good things about our boys, especially from someone who has actually seen them play. So thanks very much for the input.

I've checked the box score on WHL.ca and they have credited him with 4 goals.

http://whl.ca/schedule/show/game/40524

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:19 AM
SeattleShark

vCash: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
It's always nice to hear good things about our boys, especially from someone who has actually seen them play. So thanks very much for the input.

I've checked the box score on WHL.ca and they have credited him with 4 goals.

http://whl.ca/schedule/show/game/40524
wow i left after the empty netter so i missed the last one

SeattleShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 02:24 PM
smitty10

Quote:
But aren't Aulie and Mikus rated higher than him, I can't really see the Leafs go into
next season with 3 rookies, they won't go that far with the rebuild.
Aulie is already with the Leafs and will be into next season. Holzer is definately ahead of Mikus on the depth chart these days. I was at the Marlies game on Sunday and Holzer was almost always on the ice. He played a great game too. I would be shocked if he didn't get at least a few games in next year. I really think he can make the team out of camp next year if our defense stays the way it is now. Lebda is just terrible..

Old
03-01-2011, 10:33 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

OK, I'm a little bit more optimistic now.