HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "Hold Nothing Back" Edition (As promised)

Old
03-02-2011, 12:22 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
were not a playoff team, simple. Poile filling this team with a bunch of forwards who top out at 50 pts has really hurt us. Yea injurys havent helped but we have had scoring troubles for the last 2-3 seasons.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Smithson looks pretty lethargic in the interview here... wonder what the locker room looks like

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SK74 Snipes

1 goal a night will never get us in the playoffs, especially against Edmonton. Come onnnnnnnn

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:23 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
At what point though do we decide maybe it's not fisher but the system he's in? Sooner or later Trotz is going to need to take blame for some of this play. It's his job to get this team up to playing to their level and not the Oilers level. These games make his coaching style's problems seem more obvious, I kinda feel like this season is just a disappointment, moreso after the allstar break, where we were looking fine and have just done a bellyflop despite having more home games than any other team, which was supposed to propel us into a great position in the playoffs.

Trotz's system only means so much. Trotz doesn't decide where Fisher (insert any player here) decides to shot the puck or who to pass to on the ice. IMO i thought Fisher played pretty well this game and especially his line w/ SK and Erat, they cycled amazingly and created great chances just didnt get any luck (yea that sounds like barry but its true) But we just have too many 2 way players and not any offensive talent to give trotz. Fisher wasn't the player we needed but whatever its trotz fault

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:23 AM
cleangene

Didn't deserve a win. Don't deserve to be in playoffs. Anyone know when Trotz is going to "right the ship"?????

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:24 AM
TheHMan

Quote:
At what point though do we decide maybe it's not fisher but the system he's in? Sooner or later Trotz is going to need to take blame for some of this play. It's his job to get this team up to playing to their level and not the Oilers level. These games make his coaching style's problems seem more obvious, I kinda feel like this season is just a disappointment, moreso after the allstar break, where we were looking fine and have just done a bellyflop despite having more home games than any other team, which was supposed to propel us into a great position in the playoffs.
The thing with Fisher that I've noticed is that he always needs some skill on the wing to be most effective. In years that he did well, he usually had an offensive force on his Wing that preoccupied other players. If there isn't anyone to draw attention away from Fisher he usually just tries to hard and make a simple, low percentage Offensive play. Not the most patient guy in the world, and doesn't create much himself. When he was doing well with Ottawa, Kovalev was playing with him most of the time. Another low cost solution that had chemistry with Fisher was Ryan Shannon. In hindsight, you guys probably should have traded for him too.

TheHMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:25 AM
MattPreds37

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
what a bunch of usleless sacks of dog crap.

this team is pathetic.

I really REALLY wish I could make myself shred the playoff ticket order form sitting on my table....
This.

Oh and our team is pushing for 100 points dont forget, and Erat, Legwand and Dumont will be stepping up, reading the packet, its quite good. Also, dont forget to fill out your 1st round donation form just in case we get to play Vancouver out of the 8th spot. The preds will be getting 1 ticket out of me next year, largely to hold my place in case we get an all-star game.

Does any team in the league have a worse set of center men than us?

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Jarnberg

Garbage offense, effort. Pathetic.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:26 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
I am kind of meh about fisher to be honest.
Oh come on! He's a regular Joel Ward out there!

9 Games, 1 G, 3 A, -4?

I wonder if that's the type of output we expected with the 1st round pick....

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:27 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Imagine if Poile doesnt get a true scorer this offseason

Old
03-02-2011, 12:27 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears19 View Post
Oh come on! He's a regular Joel Ward out there!

9 Games, 1 G, 3 A, -4?

I wonder if that's the type of output we expected with the 1st round pick....
Are we looking at an Austin Watson type pick or a Radulov type pick

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Imagine if Poile doesnt get a true scorer this offseason
He won't. He'll blame the money situation (despite the Legwand, Erat, Dumont contracts) and look for "Predators" way players.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:30 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
He won't. He'll blame the money situation (despite the Legwand, Erat, Dumont contracts) and look for "Predators" way players.
I would honestly consider firing him to.

No one will convince me Fisher was worth a first and was all that was available. total ****

Old
03-02-2011, 12:33 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
were not a playoff team, simple. Poile filling this team with a bunch of forwards who top out at 50 pts has really hurt us. Yea injurys havent helped but we have had scoring troubles for the last 2-3 seasons.
That's pretty much true. We're just not a playoff team. But we haven't been one all year, yet put better shows on out there than the last 15 games or so. So that's why it's frustrating. They used to not play like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
Are we looking at an Austin Watson type pick or a Radulov type pick
I was thinking a Brian Finley type.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MattPreds37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
What does this mean? We sell out half our home games and still we have no money? but we can trade for more overpaid two way players. I like Mike Fisher, but what are we doing?

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
at least we wont have to worry about paying Kostitsyn 3 mil per to re-sign....

Blum is the ONLY bright spot of the last two weeks.... just cant help but think if we had brought him up sooner we might have dumped Obrien instead of Sulzer.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:34 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

On a positive note, Blake Geoffrion got his first goal.

Someone who understands Xs and Os better than I do, doesn't a coach's system affect the defense (and back check) more than anything else? That is to say, while you have set offensive plays, play in the offensive zone is much loose and "random", whereas controlling the break out and defensive play is defined more by a system?

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
I would honestly consider firing him to.
I don't know if Poile will ever be fired as long as we have the local owners. They've made it clear that they know nothing about hockey and have given Poile the keys to the kingdom.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Fisher has looked so confused and not good tonight
I have yet to see how he was worth a first
Yet, he got over 21 minutes of ice time. I don't think he was that bad, but certainly not great. SK with around 19 minutes, and also not a strong game for him.
You guys have 3 really tough games ahead...... hope someone can put a few in!

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:39 AM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHMan View Post
The thing with Fisher that I've noticed is that he always needs some skill on the wing to be most effective. In years that he did well, he usually had an offensive force on his Wing that preoccupied other players. If there isn't anyone to draw attention away from Fisher he usually just tries to hard and make a simple, low percentage Offensive play. Not the most patient guy in the world, and doesn't create much himself. When he was doing well with Ottawa, Kovalev was playing with him most of the time. Another low cost solution that had chemistry with Fisher was Ryan Shannon. In hindsight, you guys probably should have traded for him too.
Yea, I'd have to agree with some of this. I'd also have to agree with other comments of bad shots/inability to bury the puck. SK...come on dude..you literally could've just walked in and made a point blank shot or at least a wrist shot from 10 ft out, but you tried to pass to Erat? Especially when the defender had already taken the pass, the best case throw it low and let Erat shovel the rebound home...if he can put his stick on the ice and stop letting the defenders tie him up on the doorstep. There is a lot to blame on this team, from player mistakes to coaching strategies and line makeups. I don't see us making the playoffs with the slump we're experiencing now. I thought maybe we'd get 3-4 tonight and get out of this scoring slump and be competitive on the road trip. Looks like it's going to be a long March...time to grab a bottle of whiskey.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:48 AM
zellthemedic

Quote:
Yea, I'd have to agree with some of this. I'd also have to agree with other comments of bad shots/inability to bury the puck. SK...come on dude..you literally could've just walked in and made a point blank shot or at least a wrist shot from 10 ft out, but you tried to pass to Erat? Especially when the defender had already taken the pass, the best case throw it low and let Erat shovel the rebound home...if he can put his stick on the ice and stop letting the defenders tie him up on the doorstep. There is a lot to blame on this team, from player mistakes to coaching strategies and line makeups. I don't see us making the playoffs with the slump we're experiencing now. I thought maybe we'd get 3-4 tonight and get out of this scoring slump and be competitive on the road trip. Looks like it's going to be a long March...time to grab a bottle of whiskey.
Are you talking about the game before this one? That was Erat that tried to pass to SK.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Reviled
Partisan

Kevin Klein breaks in to Trotz's safe to see the Predators secret plans to increase scoring...

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:50 AM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
Are you talking about the game before this one? That was Erat that tried to pass to SK.
I thought it was SK who got the pass and then tried to feed it back to Erat, maybe I mixed it up. Whoever it was...wide open lane to take a chance and instead tried to feed it under a defenders stick and had it deflected away.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:51 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
Kevin Klein breaks in to Trotz's safe to see the Predators secret plans to increase scoring...

Old
03-02-2011, 12:52 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
I thought it was SK who got the pass and then tried to feed it back to Erat, maybe I mixed it up. Whoever it was...wide open lane to take a chance and instead tried to feed it under a defenders stick and had it deflected away.
No it was SK, the one that happened tonight was SK