HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Artem Anisimov

Old
03-01-2011, 10:06 PM
jmb9191

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostrichsized View Post
His solid board play contributed to so many chances tonight it wasn't even funny. Please say something intelligent or don't say anything at all. And quit it with the "Anisimov plays like a girl" and the "he's a big vag on the ice". It doesn't make you look tough, it makes you look like a sexist *****.
you're right. he plays like a weak hockey player.

the guy is a giant physically and plays like a midget. its not good, at all. but hey, sick garbage goal tonight. guy sucks along the boards, always gets out-muscled....just doesn't know how to use his size.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 10:09 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmb9191 View Post
you're right. he plays like a weak hockey player.

the guy is a giant physically and plays like a midget. its not good, at all. but hey, sick garbage goal tonight. guy sucks along the boards, always gets out-muscled....just doesn't know how to use his size.
God, just stop already. You obviously have some bias against Anisimov, who was fantastic tonight.

Also, you do realize the guy isn't even 200 pounds, right? He's a ****ing stick figure out there, not the imposing physical beast you're making him up to be. These posts would have been legitimate bashing against Brian Boyle last season, who had the size, but just wasn't willing to use it. Give Anisimov an offseason to work out, and he'll become a much better player than he is already (Had a broken wrist in the summer, probably held him back).

03-01-2011, 10:18 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
If you watch a game of Anisimov's at this time last season, and you watch today's game again, I think you'd appreciate Artie more. He may not score goals every game, but he's learning, and getting better month by month. If Torts keeps him with Cally/Dubi the points will keep coming also. He's not a great scorer, but he's a good two way center for sure.

AdamGravesNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 10:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The only thing hard to watch now is the entirety of Rangers games.

Seriously though, Arty was a beast tonight.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

He does need to put on another 15-20 lbs. A big frame like that can support 220-230 of muscle.

Some balance work would fit well, he does seem to get lifted off the puck easily.

Great goal tonight, just like Adam Graves. Be like Graves every game, thats all one can ask of someone.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 11:27 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Anisimov is going to double his production from last year. He has progressed in nearly every aspect of the game...real hard to watch...

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 11:35 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Anisimov is going to double his production from last year. He has progressed in nearly every aspect of the game...real hard to watch...
28 x 2 = 56.

He currently has 33(?) points with 17 left to play. He's not hitting that mark. I'd be happy with 40.

But, still, the point of the post stands, and it's a correct point.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

AA was one of our best players tonight. hes one of our best players on most nights. he does everything you could want from a 2-way extremely young center.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Slick Rick 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
AA was one of our best players tonight. hes one of our best players on most nights. he does everything you could want from a 2-way extremely young center.
Absolutely, especially in the 2nd and 3rd periods. I don't understand the impatience some have with him. Any GM would love to have their hands on a 22 year old center who possesses the skill and intelligence to provide solid contributions on both ends of the ice. Even if Anisimov only becomes a 20ish-low twenties and high 40 to low 50 point player, he still has a regular and valued role on this team. I don't think his offensive ceiling is as high as others think it is, but there's some untapped potential there for sure.

Slick Rick 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:25 AM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Here's how I see it:

Optimistic ceiling: Mikko Koivu

Realistic ceiling: Two-way Antropov

Floor: What he is now; an excellent two-way 3rd line center.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Lets not confuse one game with many poor performances. We all understand the team is growing. Just some nights he doesn't move his feet - and that is bothersome. Whole point of the thread was to get him playing like he has in the past - for the last few weeks he has been very weak on the puck.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Like everyone on the team, he strugles...

He needs to shot more..

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:59 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

This thread needs to be changed to: It's getting hard to watch The Rangers.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

He's still really young, so I'm not too upset yet. I agree with the poster above me, it's more the whole team is getting hard to watch.

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:13 PM
NYROrtsFan

Anisimov has improved just about every single year he's ever played. From AHL seasons to now, NHL seasons. He's improved his numbers again this year.

Some things about his game I'm scared of though... His shot release is so slow that it's a wonder if he'll be able to score any goals against any good teams. We don't need a player who just hits bad pitching.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:49 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Here's how I see it:

Optimistic ceiling: Mikko Koivu

Realistic ceiling: Two-way Antropov

Floor: What he is now; an excellent two-way 3rd line center.
Disagree, IMO, this undervalues him.
Still lots of potential he is growing into.
Free country, but I don't think we should be jumping all over him unless he starts to flatten out in his development..

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I'd say Artem's upside is Nik Antropov, good 25 goals 60+ points on a good year.

The two have reminded me of each other for awhile. Wonder if Artem will ever end up on the Wing.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:05 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
its getting really hard to read this forum...
That's how every sports forum is. Euphoria when we're winning, nuclear winter when we're losing.

It's annoying, but that's what it is.

I love how everyone was clamoring for the young guys, but when the young guys come they can't give them more than a couple of years to develop before they are crapped on.

This guy is a bust because he's in his 2nd year and hasn't been playing well and is soft. This guy is a bust because he's 20 f'in years old and is having a bad season. This guy just isn't that good because he's in his 4th year, is leading the team in scoring, and is playing injured, but he doesn't have 100 points. Blah blah blah blah blah.

Give it a rest.

Sure this team doesn't have a top tier home grown offensive player, that's the biggest issue. All of the other guys are young and improving. I'd be happy if one of the group ends up being steady first line player over the course of his career. Most of the rest of the top young players on team are somewhere between tweener first liners to 3rd liners. So stop expecting them to be much more than that.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Had about enough of those lazy Russians

AA with 15-18-33 now on the season. Still more than enough time for a 40 points, 20 goal campaign.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:27 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Had about enough of those lazy Russians

AA with 15-18-33 now on the season. Still more than enough time for a 40 points, 20 goal campaign.
Seriously. What a classless move on Anderson. Send this bum to Hartford if he isn't going to play the game with dignity.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:38 PM
The Fuhr*

Watching him play when he adds 15-20lbs and becomes more powerful he is going to be unstoppable.

I have no idea how opponents are going to stop him from coming out of the corners and off the boards into the slot creating chances.

I see Anisimov create offense the same type of way Perry does coming from the outside into the slot... like Perry after AA adds size and strength I have no idea how opponents will stop him.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:43 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
Watching him play when he adds 15-20lbs and becomes more powerful he is going to be unstoppable.

I have no idea how opponents are going to stop him from coming out of the corners and off the boards into the slot creating chances.

I see Anisimov create offense the same type of way Perry does coming from the outside into the slot... like Perry after AA adds size and strength I have no idea how opponents will stop him.
Ifhe became anything near what Perry is know, that'd be incredible.

I've always been a big time Anisimov fan, and I see you are as well. Kid is so naturally skilled, and has a ton of untapped potential. He can just downright take control of shifts at times, and beat whoever he wants that's trying to defend him.

If he does add the extra muscle, like you said, he'll be nearly unstoppable. Especially with his hands, coming out of the corner he'll be able to do whatever he wants in the offensive zone, as long as he has the state of mind to do it. Add in his phenomenal wrist shot, and he's going to be a very dangerous player on this team.

Hopefully he can get a bit more of a mean streak going, though, because he can be a bit soft at times.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

He is a little goofy and uncoordinated for a kid with such nice moves and a good shot.

He'll never be a presence in front of the net, nor will he be good at fighting for rebounds and scoring garbage goals. But that is the reason we have guys like Callahan and Prust.

If he improves on faceoffs he will be a great 2 way pivot.

Old
03-05-2011, 04:05 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Ifhe became anything near what Perry is know, that'd be incredible.

I've always been a big time Anisimov fan, and I see you are as well. Kid is so naturally skilled, and has a ton of untapped potential. He can just downright take control of shifts at times, and beat whoever he wants that's trying to defend him.

If he does add the extra muscle, like you said, he'll be nearly unstoppable. Especially with his hands, coming out of the corner he'll be able to do whatever he wants in the offensive zone, as long as he has the state of mind to do it. Add in his phenomenal wrist shot, and he's going to be a very dangerous player on this team.

Hopefully he can get a bit more of a mean streak going, though, because he can be a bit soft at times.
Fuhr's been pimping AA on HF for years now. Looks like for good reason also.

Like I said last off season, he's still learning the NHL game, slowly piecing it together. His consistent play this season is night and day with last season, he is way more involved.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:05 AM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
That's how every sports forum is. Euphoria when we're winning, nuclear winter when we're losing.

It's annoying, but that's what it is.

I love how everyone was clamoring for the young guys, but when the young guys come they can't give them more than a couple of years to develop before they are crapped on.

This guy is a bust because he's in his 2nd year and hasn't been playing well and is soft. This guy is a bust because he's 20 f'in years old and is having a bad season. This guy just isn't that good because he's in his 4th year, is leading the team in scoring, and is playing injured, but he doesn't have 100 points. Blah blah blah blah blah.

Give it a rest.

Sure this team doesn't have a top tier home grown offensive player, that's the biggest issue. All of the other guys are young and improving. I'd be happy if one of the group ends up being steady first line player over the course of his career. Most of the rest of the top young players on team are somewhere between tweener first liners to 3rd liners. So stop expecting them to be much more than that.
Im with you man. I love this team and I love the homegrown kids. This team is crazy young and even as soon as next season I think we can be prepared to see some of these young guys really start to blossom. I mean look at the rookies we are working with this year. Stepan, Zucca, Mcd, Sauer, ani in only his second year.... Our vets are stall, dubi, cali girardi... GUYS WHO HAVE ONLY BEEN IN THIS LEAGUE A FEW YEARS!

I am loving the way this team is shaping up. If we can sign us that #1 elite center and gabby gets his game going.... after these kids depolop in a year or two we could be looking at a very long run with a higly competative team. Not to mention we have even more bright prospects brewing downstairs..

This is how Detroit has become an empire year after year... they grow from within.. sign a key player here or there when needed, and have a chance to win the cup every single year.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote