HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds acquire Fisher

Old
02-15-2011, 02:50 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Your missing the point.

Murray never said he took less. Everyone can put words in his mouth and speculate, but that's all your doing at this point. That's all I'm saying.

Murray traded Fisher to a non-conference team. He got more than most people thought he would considering Fisher's contract. He did fine.
There seems to be enough smoke to indicate fire in regard to better offers having been on the table. Those rumors originated in Ottawa media...not HFBoards.

I think the Versteeg trade more or less cements that we got a good deal. Elliott Friedman of HNIC was saying last night that he was shocked that KV went for practically the same deal as Fisher, given that Fisher is, quote "a much better player." I think the contract is what validates the picks, actually-- at least right now. If this were for a strict rental, it's an overpay...but we get a 30 year old center that's in his prime, can play in all situations, provide leadership, and if stats hold up, hit 20-25 goals. I qualify that statement with "right now" because we don't know if he'll Dumont on us and suddenly start to suck, but you carry that risk with any contract. We recently hired a "capologist." If trading for Fisher was somehow going to impact our ability to sign Weber, Suter, Rinne, etc...I don't think Poile would make the trade.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Hielo Grande

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Your missing the point.

Murray never said he took less. Everyone can put words in his mouth and speculate, but that's all your doing at this point. That's all I'm saying.

Murray traded Fisher to a non-conference team. He got more than most people thought he would considering Fisher's contract. He did fine.
perhaps, more likely he got more than you thought he would. and that's fine. i accept but disagree with your opinion.

i also believe the implication below is that he was offered more, but doesn't state it outright, as you point out:
BM: What was his reaction? When youíre here a long time, heís disappointed in one extent, but knows that things had to happen, were going to happen in all likelihood here. He thanked me for where I placed him. He thought that if he was going anywhere, that was his No. 1 place to go. Thatís what I told David Poile when we had our conversations about making the deal that, I can pass up on a couple of other deals if we can get this done, because this is where Mike, if he canít be in Ottawa, would like to be.

and elliotte frieman, who keeps an ear pretty close to the ground, had this to say in his column:
7. Don't think, at the end of the day, Los Angeles was that close in the Mike Fisher sweepstakes. But Carolina sure was. It is believed the Hurricanes had the best offer for Fisher. The Senators did a solid, though, by sending their long-time centre where he wanted to go. Players will take notice of that.

the last sentence speaks volumes.

but none of above disproves your statements healthy dialogue

Hielo Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Jarnberg

Yikes...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Derivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Yikes...
Note to Trotz, no more Fisher in the SO.

Derivation is offline   Reply With Quote