HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 11 Thread Part IX

Old
02-23-2011, 11:49 PM
StarsCaptainOU

vCash: 500
My game just had a major glitch that I've never seen happen before. My AHL team is the Texas Stars and they were the #1 seed in the playoffs playing Milwaukee Admirals. Here is a picture I took with my phone. Sorry the picture sucks but it should be good enough to explain.

The game on the 17th where I won 4-1 shows me as the away team when I was supposed to be the home team. Then you see the 2nd game where I'm listed at home and I lose 2-1. Then I have two away games which is correct that I win and then it rotates home-away-home. I won the series in game six 3-2 on the 26th. It still goes on to game 7 and I lose game 7 and the series even though I won 4 games and they only won 3. So I lost the series three games to four. It also screwed up the first home game by making it away. Has anyone else had something like this happen to them? Sorry if it's hard to understand I explained it in a hurry.

One more thing that I forgot to include. I don't understand why there wasn't at least one day off between the end of the season and the start of the playoffs. When I was simulating I noticed something weird. It said the end of the AHL regular season do you want to continue simulating. I of course said no and then right around where those 3-1 and 4-3 wins right before the playoffs it did something weird. It said the regular season had ended but it still kept simulating 1 or 2 more games. I know this sounds stupid but I've never seen anything like this happen and I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem.

Last edited by StarsCaptainOU: 02-24-2011 at 12:03 AM.
StarsCaptainOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 02:11 AM
PuckSim8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneGreat View Post
How do you do that?
Well on the PS3:

Right stick to your forehand. (you want to get it so your player is holding the puck away from your players body on the forehand, if that makes sense)
L1 --> Pull stick across body in a straight line (Left to Right or Right to Left depending on handedness)
Right after your player starts the animation for the move, hold up on the right stick to poke the puck forward. (if you don't hold up your player will miss the puck entirely after it's gone in front of him)

I can do it about 85% of the time so there's other factors in play, but it's a slick looking move if you can pull it off.

It also can be an effective deke to get around two players closing in on you. I remember one time when I managed to dodge two checks with it and skate in alone on a breakaway. Unfortunately it was in an online game and the top highlight reel at the end didn't go back far enough to capture it. Oh well.

Hope that helps, it's the clearest I can explain it. Watching videos on it will help too.

PuckSim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:25 AM
BluelineHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCaptainOU View Post
Has anyone else had something like this happen to them?
No, I think that pretty much shows that EA has a personal grudge against just you, messed with your game alone so that it will drive you crazy

lol, sux it happened, play on!!

BluelineHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 01:36 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneGreat View Post
How do you do that?
If you are a righty. Right stick at 3 o clock, hold LB/L1 Right stick from 3 to 6 left stick at 3. The tricky part of the move is it's really a double move, once you hit your right stick from 3 to 6 you have to move it again, which influences where the puck goes. If you want to do it as a breakaway move you want the RS heading towards the net, if you want to pull the puck with you you want the RS to match up with where you have the LS held.

It's a very good move, just be careful using it against skilled defenders, cause once they see you start the animation they lay you out.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 07:59 PM
PuckSim8

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
If you are a righty. Right stick at 3 o clock, hold LB/L1 Right stick from 3 to 6 left stick at 3. The tricky part of the move is it's really a double move, once you hit your right stick from 3 to 6 you have to move it again, which influences where the puck goes. If you want to do it as a breakaway move you want the RS heading towards the net, if you want to pull the puck with you you want the RS to match up with where you have the LS held.

It's a very good move, just be careful using it against skilled defenders, cause once they see you start the animation they lay you out.
Bingo, that explains it much better than I did.

Though one thing, it should be 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock. 3-6 gives you a skate kick. Make it 3 to 9 and it'll work real well.

Last edited by PuckSim8: 02-28-2011 at 05:59 PM.
PuckSim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2011, 10:24 PM
BigJCaRoach
I howl

I just purchased the game and haven't played the franchise in a half decade.
(wow what changes!)

Anyway, sorry if this has been asked a billion times but I started a Be a GM mode and played through 1 season. I signed all of my players and rookies and started the 2nd season and I'm in the preseason. However, I only have 6 forwards on my AHL affiliate. Where are all of my rookies/young players? They are not on my NHL roster either. I can't sign some spares because my roster is full. What is going on and how can I fix it?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

BigJCaRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Venkman

vCash: 274
Got a RFA B- potential 82 rated goalie wanting 7.1m a year. He has already sat out a season because nobody signed him. Won't even accept half what he wants.

Also got another B- potential RFA, an 82 rated LW wanting 6.9m a year.

Be a GM could be so much better.

Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2011, 12:37 PM
dustyrockon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
Can anyone tell me what the newest roster update #9 on NHL 11 consists of? Or just the basics at least? Because I would like to update the roster!
????

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2011, 07:31 PM
patleb940

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
Can anyone tell me what the newest roster update #9 on NHL 11 consists of? Or just the basics at least? Because I would like to update the roster!
It is an update of the rosters based on recent player movements. You know, as usual.

Just download it already.

patleb940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2011, 03:33 PM
SomeoneGreat

Grabner is absolutely ridiculous in this game.

Probably the funnest player to use.

SomeoneGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noveep View Post
Goalies win the Calder every year in NHL 11.
In some cases the same goalie wins it multiple times. I had Pavelec win it 2 years in a row.

Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 04:24 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
So I'm about a level 2 or 3 and not even ranked and tonight me and two of my buddies beat a kid whom was a level 99....

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:19 AM
phamJET

when is the next roster update?

I want to try out the new players that my team have acquired at the trading deadline.

phamJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
In some cases the same goalie wins it multiple times. I had Pavelec win it 2 years in a row.
I thought I was the only one

Kellogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
The Gourmet
Potage Le Magnifique

Nvm.

Last edited by The Gourmet: 03-01-2011 at 09:09 PM.
The Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 02:29 AM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

this game sucks balls it's literally impossible to try and make a simple trade to better your team...

JannikAtTheDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince

I haven't had any problems making trades

Kellogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

my franchise was going so well till around year 10 or so the same old average players demanding ridiculous contracts started up again.

also how do you find a team in EAHL that actually plays games frequently (i live in georgia so most of my friends don't play this game).

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Does anyone have a good build for their EASHL player. I'm a powerforward so I can hit good and have a good shot but my guy is kinda slow but i've seen people that are all three. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:28 AM
KerPatrick
Tee Hee You Missed!

Been trolling the **** out of community lobby today, it's just too hilarious

KerPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:22 PM
BELLE TIRE

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Same thing.

It's happened once or twice in BAP, and in my current Be a GM it looks to be the case again. Pavelec won the Calder in '11 and is still eligible in '12. What can you say? The dude's just that damn good.

BELLE TIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 12:09 AM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

PS3 users. Do the rosters just update by themselves?

shortshorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 03:24 AM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelKesler View Post
this game sucks balls it's literally impossible to try and make a simple trade to better your team...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellogs View Post
I haven't had any problems making trades
I too think it's kinda broken. In regular season mode I was trying to acquire Roloson from the CPU (because he was traded in real life). When I offered Mike Smith who had a higher market value, overall rating, more potential, is younger, etc - in short: he was the better player in NHL11 at that time, the CPU declined and said "If I do that, we'd overload our offense even more". So better and younger goalie for worse and older goalie means more offense which the CPU doesn't want?

Same thing when I tried to trade for MAB. I even offered Paul Ranger, who has better ratings, is younger, etc plus other assets. I couldn't get him. Finally a lousy AHLer with really bad potential and a potential C center got him. It's seriously broken.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 01:18 PM
BluelineHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
PS3 users. Do the rosters just update by themselves?
No, but you just have to go online to play in any of the games (drop-in, HUT, EASHL) and if you have an older version of the roster, the game will prompt you to update. Once you do, you can back out of whatever game you were going to enter. Remember to save your rosters after you update them.

BluelineHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

The latest roster update sucks. All the prospects are just ****ed up. For me they had Nail Yakupov and Alex Galchenyuck as undrafted. They screwed the pooch on that update

Michael Gary Scott is offline   Reply With Quote