HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #65 vs. Buffalo Sabres

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #65 vs. Buffalo Sabres
Artem Anisimov 12 13.79%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 6 6.90%
Erik Christensen 3 3.45%
Brandon Dubinsky 2 2.30%
Henrik Lundqvist 2 2.30%
Bryan McCabe 9 10.34%
Ryan McDonagh 47 54.02%
Michael Sauer 1 1.15%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Other 5 5.75%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2011, 01:11 AM
  #226
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand1138man View Post
yeah it's a huge conspiracy for the last 40 years refs have cheated for Buffalo sports thats why they win in football and hockey every year in the championship....wait..they've actually never won either, ever. Buffalo has all the luck and gets all the breaks
Well that would account for the B.I.L.L.S of the 90s. Maybe they are pitied now.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:21 AM
  #227
TigerJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country:
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
Oh I forgot he scored in the AHL. That explains it.
Ok, if you say so. Zuccarello has zero ability to score.

His 23-41/64 pts for Modo in his last season in SEL, and his 23 points in his 22 last games for CW is just plain luck.

I΄m sorry for being so stupid..... Just too bad Zuccarello can΄t keep up to the superstar Gaborik who seems to be on fire this season.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 05:58 AM
  #228
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
I didn't think they played bad. It was a pretty even matchup all game. The difference was the fact that we're missing our star forward and our #1 d-man. If they play, we win, IMO.

McD had one HELL of a game. Kid is going to be real good.

McCabe shooting the puck is awesome. He's getting it on net, we just weren't able to get to the loose rebounds.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 06:07 AM
  #229
racer90
Registered User
 
racer90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
sauer had a good game minus the penalty he took

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 06:17 AM
  #230
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Are Larry Brooks and I the only ones who feel Torts is coaching with his Hwart and not his head by overplaying Prospal .The point play leave his feet gaffe aside , besides his face offs , which have been great especially in the offensive zone , he is unable to defend along the wall or establish a fore check or back check . He hasn't played a full season as a Ranger , Tampon Bay paid him to go away because he was too slow to keep up yet he gets the key to the city from us after a productive albeit injury shortened failure of a season . I dreaded him coming back not because he is a bad guy or unskilled in the offensive zone but because watching Jim work out in Practice and his comments after the workouts he looked finished . Torts playing him instead of able bodied players like Avery cost us games . He lost his check along the wall in Montreal which cost us a goal and a game , the turnover at the blue line on the rush that everyone vilified Gilroy over was Prospal being taken out of the play on the wall losing the puck and the puck going the other way ..... Goal and last night . Vaclav can play power play no doubt but how about putting our sic ... Top goal scorer 6'7 BB in front the net since we now brought in a point man to shoot . Enough of VP he is done . I know he tried , but he got his bonus and should retire now gracefully . This is a skaters league and we are trying to be a chip and chase hard on the fore check team but he is two steps behind

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:23 AM
  #231
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,543
vCash: 500
POT: callahan, McD played great too, but cally really played lights out...made Myers his ***** multiple times despite a considerable size difference

the Good: powerplay w/mcabe looked good, dubi's line, pretty much a good game all around. Unfortunate time to lose a good hard game but thats what happened here

the Bad: Stepan shooting into the 1 spot of the net that wasnt open, Prospals bonehead maneuver at the point, McCabe in any situation that wasn't the point on the PP, Miller playing good, tough breaks

The redden: our fanbase, this is the young hard working team that we've wanted for years and now all we do is piss ad moan because we dont want to deal with the growing pains and bumps in the road...it sucks to lose but compaired to some of the pathetic displays we've seen in past years i'll take this group going down swinging everytime

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:24 AM
  #232
fiedy88
Registered User
 
fiedy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,041
vCash: 873
I don't know what people honestly want Torts to do about the underscoring, he can't jump onto the ice and take shots for the players. We watch these guys snipe from everywhere during warmups, Torts has nothing to do with the players physically missing an open net. It's not like he changed his whole coaching theory halfway through the year. It's been the same old Torts since October, only thing is that now the PP is a little better. It's all about the players on the ice, Torts can only do so much in practice and teaching.

fiedy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:48 AM
  #233
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
OK genius so instead of saying "I'm teaching and being patient" I'm saying the alternative (slightly exaggerated which you would have realized if you could comprehend in context) would be screaming at the guy a la MDZ. Maybe if you could comprehend my post you'd realize I'm saying he doesn't have a laissez faire attitude but is instead acknowledging the reality of the situation and responding accordingly. Should he chew out the rook's on the bench for having normal rookie struggles? And let's be real these aren't normal rookie struggles b/c they are still playing solid all around games which many rooks have trouble doing. They are failing to get the puck in the net, they are rook's this is not something you yell at them for. This is something you keep teaching through and show patience unless it hits unrealistically bad MDZ levels. If someone deserves descreased ice time or benching they get it. No one deserves that.

Maybe you should be screaming about prospal as a symbol of how horribly the vets have failed and drug this team down this year? because that's the actual problem with this team. Maybe just maybe the problem is injuries and/or failings from guys like Prospal, EC, Gabs, Drury, Feds, Roszi all season
I'm glad you don't even have your own thoughts but just copy and paste my response and insert your ramblings where it fits your purpose. The coach is failing, he is not motivating or coaching properly. This team misses open nets constantly, takes dumb untimely penalties often (Michael Sauer and Brandon Dubinsky in particular), has an inability to properly dump and chase, this team cannot complete an outlet pass to save their lives, and comes out flat to start almost every game. The coach has not been able to make any proper adjustments since January. He is failing, Period.

Really you think players who deserved to be benched or receive less time have gotten it? Sauer and Dubi take terrible penalties once a game and rarely ever take a seat, has Girardi been benched for his awful play as of late? What about Zucc who has really been fighting it until this past game where he had multiple chances but couldn't buy a goal? They finally started reducing Prust's icetime and he probably shouldn't even be playing as he doesn't look like the same player from a few months ago. Lets not even start on Gilroy. Yet Eminger has been scratched for games, makes perfect sense to you right?

The failings are the supporting cast like EC, Prospal, Feds, and Rozy? Are you F**cking kidding me? Fedotenko has done nothing wrong but as a 3rd line player his injury should not make or break our season, if you think our season rests with Ruslan Fedotenko you are high. EC is another player who shouldn't have much to do with our failings or success, he is not a key component of this team, never has been, never will be. Prospal was not even supposed to play, and he got benched, Torts actually did something instead of his usual nothing. Rozy was good this season, the record since we traded him shows we have not been as good, but I am fine with kids getting more time and seeing how Wolski turns out.

What I am not fine with is a team who comes out flat every game, falls behind, takes dumb penalties, and comes up short a goal every game. This is not growing pains, Torts and Sullivan are not teaching anything, not making any changes, they are not even pushing these kids. That is the problem, that is the new Torts Laissez Faire coaching philosophy, I see you are a fan and it makes sense cause you drink the lets just go with youth Kool aid. The Islanders have been going with youth for years, without a proper coach and proper management they will never grow into anything. This team plays hard in the 3rd period when they are trying to catch up. There are so many things wrong that counteract the good that is going with a young lineup. Until there are serious changes, we will keep losing due to inept coaching and poor decision making.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:55 AM
  #234
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 14,009
vCash: 500
Everyone's nuts putting the onus on the younger players. Your veterans and stars are supposed to be the ones who carry you through tough times.

For the last three seasons, none of the veterans have stepped up when the team was struggling. Do you remember which line carried us late last season?

Shelley-Anisimov-Prust.

That is sad. Somebody already mentioned that what's hurting this team is the almost 15 million dollars tied into two players who have been completely useless this season, and I'm not exaggerating.

If it werent for Henrik and some solid play by the defense, we would be Ottawa.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:59 AM
  #235
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Miller stole it. That's why he is what he is. Lundqvist played very well, best Ranger out there.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:01 AM
  #236
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dirty South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
McCabe has a great point shot, but his play otherwise really worries me. It seriously looks like he's skating in mud out there. Not only that, but he doesn't seem to skate or move that much while away from the play. I just feel like he's going to be an odd-man rush/breakaway machine.

Not trying to be all negative on him, because I really do like what he brings in the offensive zone. I just can't ignore the fact that he's a significantly worse skater than even Rozsival, whom was pretty much universally acknowledged on this board, even by his supporters, as a poor skater.

I hope he works out, but he definitely needs someone with serious wheels as his partner. I'm not sure Sauer will cut it (not a knock on Sauer at all, the guy just isn't a speed demon).

Revelation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:12 AM
  #237
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
McCabe has a great point shot, but his play otherwise really worries me. It seriously looks like he's skating in mud out there. Not only that, but he doesn't seem to skate or move that much while away from the play. I just feel like he's going to be an odd-man rush/breakaway machine.

Not trying to be all negative on him, because I really do like what he brings in the offensive zone. I just can't ignore the fact that he's a significantly worse skater than even Rozsival, whom was pretty much universally acknowledged on this board, even by his supporters, as a poor skater.

I hope he works out, but he definitely needs someone with serious wheels as his partner. I'm not sure Sauer will cut it (not a knock on Sauer at all, the guy just isn't a speed demon).
His wheels are about the same as Girardi, which is not a great sign. Besides the fact that McDonagh has been a beast lately and or best player a couple of times recently, he is playing with Girardi because of his skating ability. Gilroy is playing with McCabe because of his skating ability, but between the 2 of them they equal 1 defenseman. When Staal comes back, hopefully soon I'd like to see this

Staal-Girardi
Eminger Sauer
McDonagh-McCabe

These are the most balanced and playing McCabe with maybe our best skating d-man should only help them, this way we could roll all 3 defense pairings as opposed to loading up on the top 4 d-men and having them get worn out. I doubt Torts does that, he will probably go with
Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Gilroy-McCabe
when this team is fully healthy

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:15 AM
  #238
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,860
vCash: 500
Extremely disappointed with the Rangers last night. I've been positive the whole year but this was the final straw for me.

Let me explain why:

I'll start with this - The "arrogance" that had this team winning early in the year is gone. Way gone. I'm not going to look for excuses, its just not there any longer. For them to come out flat again at home only to rachet it up as the game went on is inexcuseable. I think we have been lulled into the feeling that this team gives an honest effort every night. It flat out wasnt the case last night. The Rangers should have buried Buffalo - they SUCKED. At home, in such a huge game- the Rangers should have skated all over them.

Whats the deal at home? Do they know they are playing in MSG? The crowd was on fire last night, they were trying everything they could to will this team to 2 points. Yet the Rangers still couldnt finish. Thats becoming a really bad habit. I can't stand this team being one goal down every game going into the last 10 min. Maybe its time to open up things sooner. Its just not coming and these points they are losing are gigantic.

• Buffalo played like GARBAGE last night, and yet they won. The Rangers are honestly a better team then them, and its not like they were outworked by a lunch-pail effort on the road, they handed them that win with stupid penalties, over-thinking, mental mistakes, giveaways and not being able to finish. Terrible.

• The Rangers saw the ice was chippy. (The ice ****ing SUCKS in the Garden my god, they better address that with the renovation because it effects the game) The game was sloppy as can be, yet they tried to handle the puck and throw perfect passes for half the game. Dump it in. It wasnt working last night . Where were the smarts that got them this far?

Is Lundqvist hurt too? He just doesnt seem himself. The rebound control is terrible, hes fighting the puck, he looks slow getting up, slow laterally. I was shocked how he didnt cover the weak side on that PP where McDonaugh saved a goal. W T F is with him lately? I cant say he was the reason we lost - but where are those games that he outright steals? We've only seen a few this season - getting a little worried, i gotta be honest. That Biron Injury might be the final domino. I hate Milbury, but hes probably right about wheeling Hank out on a stretchers for the playoffs (if we even get there)

• Another two goal performance by the Rangers, boy do they miss Gaborik - not like he would do much but at least he would draw some attention. Some players were going last night, others not so much.

• I dont know what happened with this team - I think they are tired and banged up and our fears that the style of play took too heavy a toll on them early in the year is coming true. There was a shift whenthe Dubi-Cally-Anisimov line was dominating, the puck went back behind the net about 35 seconds into the shift and both Anisimov and Dubinksy stopped skating and ran out of gas, didnt have anything left to continue the cycle. Early in the year they would go a minute straight in the zone like animals. They just dont have the gas left in the tank or are still playing injured. Because certain players should be "Fresh" considering the time they had off.

• Thats only 3 regulation wins in the last 20 games. 3!!! And 2 of those were blowouts by the 2nd period!! Don't give me this sky is falling crap - This team is in dire need of points and that was a huge loss last night. The thing that pisses me off the most is that the Garden is back and this team has a chance to capture some of that magic going down the stretch here and they just cant do it. Very disappointing.

MZA, ugh. The effort is there, please bury one. God.

Couple of positives - Sauer played another strong game- im beginning to think hes the teams rookie of the year, and let me tell you Stepan is my favorite player, bar none for me. I love him. But what Sauer has quietly done consistently needs to be recognized. Hes just playing really well.

McDonaugh had another great game, had to get 20+ last night. A couple of rookie moments, but he saved a goal, used his speed, THREW A BIG HIT, skated and even jumped into the play and got a couple shots off from the point. We are lucky to have this kid.


Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 03-02-2011 at 08:30 AM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:17 AM
  #239
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Dirty South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
His wheels are about the same as Girardi, which is not a great sign. Besides the fact that McDonagh has been a beast lately and or best player a couple of times recently, he is playing with Girardi because of his skating ability. Gilroy is playing with McCabe because of his skating ability, but between the 2 of them they equal 1 defenseman. When Staal comes back, hopefully soon I'd like to see this

Staal-Girardi
Eminger Sauer
McDonagh-McCabe

These are the most balanced and playing McCabe with maybe our best skating d-man should only help them, this way we could roll all 3 defense pairings as opposed to loading up on the top 4 d-men and having them get worn out. I doubt Torts does that, he will probably go with
Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer
Gilroy-McCabe
when this team is fully healthy
Unless I'm mistaken (which I very well could be), I thought Sauer played the bulk of ES minutes with McCabe, hence the Sauer comment in my previous post. I would agree that he either needs Gilroy or McDonagh on his pairing for their footspeed, with Gilroy being the obvious choice since McDonagh is playing with Girardi.

Revelation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:23 AM
  #240
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Unless I'm mistaken (which I very well could be), I thought Sauer played the bulk of ES minutes with McCabe, hence the Sauer comment in my previous post. I would agree that he either needs Gilroy or McDonagh on his pairing for their footspeed, with Gilroy being the obvious choice since McDonagh is playing with Girardi.
Sauer may have played the bulk, but Gilroy and McCabe were defintely on the ice together a couple of times and I felt that is when I tended to notice Gilroy pinching and McCabe as the lone d-man back, scared is the only word that would properly describe my feelings for that pair being on the ice together. If Gilroy is going to be cautious with his pinches I can live with that pairing, but he pinches an awful lot and usually ends up behind the net or down low, thats a bit too deep for my liking.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:31 AM
  #241
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,780
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Extremely disappointed with the Rangers last night. I've been positive the whole year but this was the final straw for me.

Let me explain why:

I'll start with this - The "arrogance" that had this team winning early in the year is gone. Way gone. I'm not going to look for excuses, its just not there any longer. For them to come out flat again at home only to rachet it up as the game went on is inexcuseable. I think we have been lulled into the feeling that this team gives an honest effort every night. It flat out wasnt the case last night. The Rangers should have buried Buffalo - they SUCKED. At home, in such a huge game- the Rangers should have skated all over them.

• Whats the deal at home? Do they know they are playing in MSG? The crowd was on fire last night, they were trying everything they could to will this team to 2 points. Yet the Rangers still couldnt finish. Thats becoming a really bad habit. I can't stand this team being one goal down every game going into the last 10 min. Maybe its time to open up things sooner. Its just not coming and these points they are losing are gigantic.

• Buffalo played like GARBAGE last night, and yet they won. The Rangers are honestly a better team then them, and its not like they were outworked by a lunch-pail effort on the road, they handed them that win with stupid penalties, over-thinking, mental mistakes, giveaways and not being able to finish. Terrible.

• The Rangers saw the ice was chippy. (The ice ****ing SUCKS in the Garden my god, they better address that with the renovation because it effects the game) The game was sloppy as can be, yet they tried to handle the puck and throw perfect passes for half the game. Dump it in. It wasnt working last night . Where were the smarts that got them this far?

• Is Lundqvist hurt too? He just doesnt seem himself. The rebound control is terrible, hes fighting the puck, he looks slow getting up, slow laterally. I was shocked how he didnt cover the weak side on that PP where McDonaugh saved a goal. W T F is with him lately? I cant say he was the reason we lost - but where are those games that he outright steals? We've only seen a few this season - getting a little worried, i gotta be honest. That Biron Injury might be the final domino. I hate Milbury, but hes probably right about wheeling Hank out on a stretchers for the playoffs (if we even get there)

• Another two goal performance by the Rangers, boy do they miss Gaborik - not like he would do much but at least he would draw some attention. Some players were going last night, others not so much.

• I dont know what happened with this team - I think they are tired and banged up and our fears that the style of play took too heavy a toll on them early in the year is coming true. There was a shift whenthe Dubi-Cally-Anisimov line was dominating, the puck went back behind the net about 35 seconds into the shift and both Anisimov and Dubinksy stopped skating and ran out of gas, didnt have anything left to continue the cycle. Early in the year they would go a minute straight in the zone like animals. They just dont have the gas left in the tank or are still playing injured. Because certain players should be "Fresh" considering the time they had off.

• Thats only 3 regulation wins in the last 20 games. 3!!! And 2 of those were blowouts by the 2nd period!! Don't give me this sky is falling crap - This team is in dire need of points and that was a huge loss last night. The thing that pisses me off the most is that the Garden is back and this team has a chance to capture some of that magic going down the stretch here and they just cant do it. Very disappointing.

• MZA, ugh. The effort is there, please bury one. God.

Couple of positives - Sauer played another strong game- im beginning to think hes the teams rookie of the year, and let me tell you Stepan is my favorite player, bar none for me. I love him. But what Sauer has quietly done consistently needs to be recognized. Hes just playing really well.

McDonaugh had another great game, had to get 20+ last night. A couple of rookie moments, but he saved a goal, used his speed, THREW A BIG HIT, skated and even jumped into the play and got a couple shots off from the point. We are lucky to have this kid.
I'll some this up: this team is just not very hard to play against.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:33 AM
  #242
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'll some this up: this team is just not very hard to play against.
Not any more, you're right. They used to be - but whether its the style that has broken them down, or the other teams have caught up in the effort department... there just isn't enough skill out there to remedy nights like last night.

Throw in the fact the Lundqvist has refused to steal games and its exactly that.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:52 AM
  #243
JanErixon20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
I think tonight was the turning point for me. Up until tonight, I still thought the Rangers were going to make the playoffs but I just can't see how it's going to happen anymore. Doesn't matter how the Rangers play, they just come up short. The refs don't help much either.
I second this. I threw the remote and cursed as the game ended. Very frustrating. If 92 points is what it will take to make the playoffs, I really don't see the Rangers winning 11 out of the remaining 17 games. Of course in the new NHL you can get points by losing, but that's not gonna' do it. Unless Buffalo collapses, I think they will be on the outside looking in.

And I can't remember a team missing more empty nets then this one.

JanErixon20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:53 AM
  #244
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
It's a long season and things tend to even out. Look at our roster. We are not a playoff team. Then remove Staal and Gaborik and who are we kidding? I looked at the GDT before the game yesterday and said "Buffalo has much more talent than we do". And they do. However, I disagree with all the posters knocking our youth. We have some very strong young players especially on the backline. And the prospects coming are all recognized for their abilities to score. So, I still believe in the future.

As a side note, the Brian Boyle love has to chill some. Unless you love him for his effort; which I applaud. But his skill set is 3rd/4th line. He has zero instincts in the O-zone. He never comes out of the cycle with a scoring opp for himself or anyone else. His passing skills are subpar and his shot is average to below average. If you look back at his goals this year, several were fluky and fortunate.

Now don't get me wrong I want him on the Rangers but in a reduced role; 4th line center, PK forward. But in the last minute last night he shouldn't have been on the ice. Decisions have to be made too quickly with 11 skaters all packed into the attacking zone and he doesn't have that kind of skill. McD is a friggin beast. No question about that!

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:54 AM
  #245
MisterUnspoken
Vintage
 
MisterUnspoken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 10,073
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
So many of our fans are alarmists. As jesse spector said last night this is a year where the Rangers were not expected to compete for a playoff spot but to develop some youth -- and they have accomplished that mission -- all while being competitive.

There are still many games left to be played and as fans we need to just wait it out. Worst case scenario all of these young guys grow wiser from their experience and the Rangers are a better team for it going forward.

Honestly I like this team a great deal and with some more offensive firepower (like they showed earlier this year) they are very difficult to beat.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:55 AM
  #246
Garv23
Registered User
 
Garv23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rockland, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 956
vCash: 500
Totally disagree this team isn't hard to play against. Rangers have a good rep around the league of being a hard working, in your face team. Especially in third periods where we are relentless. Have any of our losses this past month (with the exception of empty netters) been by more than 1 goal?

Can't score is the prob. That and I honestly don't remember this many bad breaks for a team in a long, long time. Yeah I'm frustrated as hell too, but we're definitely not easy to play against.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:57 AM
  #247
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Speaking of McD. I think he fooled the world in College. The game was too slow for him in the CCHA and he appeared to be coasting alot. He needed the game to be more difficult for his superior athletic ability to shine. He may have been like a genius kid in a low level Chemistry class. He couldn't really shine until the game became more difficult. Just a theory.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:01 AM
  #248
1940rip
Registered User
 
1940rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
In watching Dubi over the past few games, he looks shot. And Henrik looked like he was really fighting it last night. He really battled though, but he did not look "right". By contrast, Miller looked cool as a cucumber in net...very calm and positionally sound all night. He definitely stole one from us. It's really frustrating watching this team work as hard as they do and get nothing for it. But part of the problem is too many guys in poor areas of the ice. How many times a game to you see 2, sometimes all 3 of our forwards below the goal line and see a pass come out to the slot to no one? Maddening.

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:03 AM
  #249
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,780
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Speaking of McD. I think he fooled the world in College. The game was too slow for him in the CCHA and he appeared to be coasting alot. He needed the game to be more difficult for his superior athletic ability to shine. He may have been like a genius kid in a low level Chemistry class. He couldn't really shine until the game became more difficult. Just a theory.
Been very impressed with him. Great skating ability. Love to see him develop a mean streak.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:05 AM
  #250
mhuberts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rochester,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote from singing blues:Buffalo played like GARBAGE last night, and yet they won. The Rangers are honestly a better team then them,

I have to disagree with that
Buffalo is at least as good as the rangers
I have this sample since Jan 1
Buffalo 15-8-2
Rangers 11-14-1

Also the sabres are playing without their leading scorer D Roy
And have Gone long stretches without their leading goal scorer D Stafford
As well as montador and leopold

mhuberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.