HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "Hold Nothing Back" Edition (As promised)

Old
03-02-2011, 12:52 AM
zellthemedic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
I thought it was SK who got the pass and then tried to feed it back to Erat, maybe I mixed it up. Whoever it was...wide open lane to take a chance and instead tried to feed it under a defenders stick and had it deflected away.
IIRC they had a passing game before then they were right up on the goal and instead of shooting Erat attempted to pass to SK. I only remember this because Tom Callahan was like "Uhhh...why did Erat do that?"

Either way, you're right. It's stupid offensive stuff like that. Point blank shots that aren't being taken, or just not taking any shots at all (See: our power play).

EDIT: Reading the post above, I didn't know the same thing happened tonight. Again, our points still stand.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:53 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Yet, he got over 21 minutes of ice time. I don't think he was that bad, but certainly not great. SK with around 19 minutes, and also not a strong game for him.
You guys have 3 really tough games ahead...... hope someone can put a few in!
SK was not good for last 7 games... Upset his bro didnt get in
Had a great chances to shoot like three times, but didnt...
Set up others like for 5 chances but they didnt connect... That what he is here for - to pass....

What about Horqy? Our Goal scorer? No goals for 8 games.
Legwand, Wilson, Erat, Fisher...

Whole team suck...

Polie is to blame for been a pus and not to pull the triger on the deals...
Should've trade Dumont for 7, and bring somebody to score for what ever it takes...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:54 AM
SilasAdams

honestly fire trotz.

SilasAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:56 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
I thought it was SK who got the pass and then tried to feed it back to Erat, maybe I mixed it up. Whoever it was...wide open lane to take a chance and instead tried to feed it under a defenders stick and had it deflected away.
It was SK this game. Tried to hit Erat in the slot and there were oh, only two or three Oilers there defending.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:56 AM
mollymcdeath
I'm drunk.

SK had half a dozen opportune shots he passed up... again.
He's snoozin' on the ice.

mollymcdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:58 AM
zellthemedic

The entire team is snoozing...

I'm thinking they're demoralized. Or something.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:58 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Lets hire Paul Kariya as an "HOW TO SHOOT THE PUCK N SCORE" coach

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:02 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellthemedic View Post
The entire team is snoozing...

I'm thinking they're demoralized. Or something.
Should start benching them for not shooting the puck...
May be then they will get it...

And why the dont go to the net???
They either behind net or beside, but not in front...

Old
03-02-2011, 01:05 AM
SK74 Snipes

I'm honestly tired of the Preds and their "Predators way of hockey." That style has never gotten us past the first round and right now we are struggling to even keep pace in the west, and losing to one of the worst teams in the NHL in a critical game. We need a true bred scorer like we had in Radulov. I know it's almost a sin to say his name in these forums but dang it he was my favorite player and we need some one like that badly. It really doesn't feel like this is going to be our year right now. We are injured and not playing like we want it bad enough.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:05 AM
cleangene

I don't know why I keep blasting Trotz for not doing something about the power-less play......moving Shea to the corner tonight ranks up there in the Scotty Bowman/Russian Red Army textbook of ice hockey, right???

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:11 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK74 Snipes View Post
I'm honestly tired of the Preds and their "Predators way of hockey." That style has never gotten us past the first round and right now we are struggling to even keep pace in the west, and losing to one of the worst teams in the NHL in a critical game. We need a true bred scorer like we had in Radulov. I know it's almost a sin to say his name in these forums but dang it he was my favorite player and we need some one like that badly. It really doesn't feel like this is going to be our year right now. We are injured and not playing like we want it bad enough.
Spot on

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:11 AM
tserberis*

Horqy 4 goals in 24 games, and we are not trading for goal scorer.
We cant ****ing score at all and we not getting scorer?

Why? Why? Why?

What the **** are they smoking in the office?

Look at the Pens, need a scorer, got two...
We need at least two got killed by GM.

Forget about play offs this year... And next year gonna be the same...

Old
03-02-2011, 01:33 AM
tserberis*

All the team has at least two 20 goal scorers but Us, Coyotes(but they have like 10 guys with 10 or more goals), Hopeless Florida and Senators...
We would n't even get a single guy with 50 points on the offense this year, pathetic...

Good luck with the future...

Old
03-02-2011, 06:13 AM
glenngineer

Bottom line is you can't lose games against teams you should beat. Losing last night. Getting shut out by this same team at home a few weeks ago. Losing a shootout or OT earlier in the season to them as well. The Oilers have our number for some reason but we can beat Detroit convincingly. Go figure.

Poile said this in his presser the other day and he said the needed to find some consistency. That has been the issue all along. Until we find that, we'll have ups and downs like this. While the overall record of our team has been decent and puts us in the playoff hunt year after year, there is no rhyme or reason for it other than that we barely win enough games to get by.

I don't understand how a team could look at Franson and go he's doing well, let's continue to play him and then we call up Blum and he's already our third best defender. How does something like this get by the GM and the coaching staff? I know the road to Nashville goes thru Milwaukee but just because guys were higher on the depth chart last year doesn't mean they're suited for the lineup right now. There is way too much loyalty towards the veterans when it comes to lineup decisions, except for Dumont of course yet Sully comes back from an injury he shouldn't have, gets put in top 6 positions, doesn't produce yet guys who had been producing in that role get moved around. The PP is still wildly inconsistent. Not getting big goals when we need them, i.e. tie games where the one goal puts us over the top hopefully.

I get frustrated when I stay up past midnight, barely get 6 hours of sleep for a franchise that craps their bed when it counts and stay on life support year after year. Trotz does a great job, no denying that but he also doesn't get any consistency out of his teams. While the injuries have hurt, he actually has the talent for a legitimate top 6. He continues to put Fisher out there with Erat and SK and they don't produce. Switch it up already. It's not working. Switch Legwand and Fisher at this point. Switch Hornqvist and SK. Try something that will maximize the use of our talent. Stop using the Smithson line so damn much. They're not worthy of playing as much as they do.

And if he and Poile are truly disappointed in the play of Dumont, waive him, send him to the minors or make him a permascratch OR, put him on a line with some talent and see if he's got anything less but playing 7-8 minutes a night with Bam Bam and Halischuk isn't going to net us anything out of him.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:24 AM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Trotz does a great job, no denying that but he also doesn't get any consistency out of his teams. While the injuries have hurt, he actually has the talent for a legitimate top 6. He continues to put Fisher out there with Erat and SK and they don't produce. Switch it up already. It's not working. Switch Legwand and Fisher at this point. Switch Hornqvist and SK. Try something that will maximize the use of our talent. Stop using the Smithson line so damn much. They're not worthy of playing as much as they do.

And if he and Poile are truly disappointed in the play of Dumont, waive him, send him to the minors or make him a permascratch OR, put him on a line with some talent and see if he's got anything less but playing 7-8 minutes a night with Bam Bam and Halischuk isn't going to net us anything out of him.
Amen. Isn't this the text book definition of insanity? Continuing to try the same things over and over again while expecting different results...

LOL.

I don't want to come across as a pessimist, but I think this week ahead will more or less determine if we have the heart to make it to the first round or if we are pretenders.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Raise your hand if you knew Martin Gerber was still playing....or even still alive.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:32 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
what do you mean?? "Trotzs system" generated a blue zillion chances tonight. We just have ZERO offensive skill.

Kostitsyn is rapidly turning into Radek Bonk, Erat couldnt score on an empty net, and everyone who told us Fisher couldnt finish was obviously right.
Well, not sure about Marty, but otherwise, this is spot on. The real problem is the centers - its not just the injuries themselves, but that fact that we can't even really juggle the lines much, unless we want to skate Geoffrion a whole bunch more minutes or put Wilson in the middle.

Poile said the kids gotta' step up - so let them. We all go crazy when Trotz does his lottery ball lines, but this might be a good time.

Horny/Leggy/JP
Marty/Fisher/Halischuck
Wilson/Geoffrion/SK
Nick/Smitty/Toots/Ward

Might swap SK and JP, especially since JP prolly isn't up to skating 18/19mins, but it's the right idea, I think.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:37 AM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
or put Wilson in the middle.
How much do we have to lose to try this? It'd be nice to find out if he was going to be a center or a forward long term.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:50 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
How much do we have to lose to try this? It'd be nice to find out if he was going to be a center or a forward long term.
I think they want him to be a power forward, not a center, although Fisher on a wing next year on the 2nd line and Wilson playing the middle on the 3rd line makes sense to me.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:03 AM
roseyc

Last night I seen Halichuk backchecking and Blum being at the right place at the right time. Geofferion score his first goal. When comes into the opposing zone he comes in with confidence. Blum has no problems getting the puck in when our players shoot it in. Why not let the Milw coach give it a try. Trotz hasn't a clue. All of us have said the offense is the problem and now the coach and gm are saying this as well. It's the coach's and gm's job to fix the offense not just acknownledge it. It seems like Trotz will be saying the same thing at the end of the season press conference. When is enough ....enough....why not let the Milw coach take over

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:23 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

milwaukee has a similar system if what I've been told is correct. I don't think we would see a lot of difference offensively. We just don't have the offensive creativity or confidence right now. No sense in switching coahes at this point in the year

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

To be blunt, the team stinks. The guys we pay money for upfront can't score and beyond Weber and Suter we have no strength on the blueline (though blum is going to be a beast). It will be a bloody miracle if we make the playoffs.

The fisher trade is looking worse and worse. We needed a legit top center not another legwand.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:45 AM
joshin29

I would like to see them try Hornqvuist with 74 and 10. I know he's not a true center but he has the quickest hands on the team so can probably be taught to take faceoffs. I think he would really shine on a line with them posting up in front of the net.

10 27 74
33 12 5or13
71 11 5or13
29 25 24/22 Nothing to lose and it might give us more than one scoring line. let me know what you think.

joshin29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:04 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshin29 View Post
I would like to see them try Hornqvuist with 74 and 10. I know he's not a true center but he has the quickest hands on the team so can probably be taught to take faceoffs. I think he would really shine on a line with them posting up in front of the net.

10 27 74
33 12 5or13
71 11 5or13
29 25 24/22 Nothing to lose and it might give us more than one scoring line. let me know what you think.
I don't think Hornqvist could play center. He isn't a shooter or a playmaker. He's most effective planted in front of the net, knocking in dirty goals. SK is a playmaker, and Erat is... well... Erat.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Legionnaire11

Hornqvist is probably the last player I would try at center. He's one of the few players on this team with a clearly defined role/style and wing suites that style best.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote