HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brett Festerling to Atlanta for goalie Drew MacIntyre

Old
02-28-2011, 05:18 PM
calder candidate

vCash: 500
basical we trade Lapierre for Mara and MacIntyre... and the Duck turn around and traded him for perreault and a 3rd pick... I rather have a 3rd pick then both Mara and MacIntyre...
This is I minor deal but it show that we seem to be giving away players making move just to make move...
Lapierre did request a trade so it might be a bit hard to critic, but don't they also have the responsibility to the fan to manage the asset in the best possible way... NO??

I think this is a other sideway move that turn out to be a other step in the wrong direction. even if are AHL golie is injured why give up someone to patch that hole sign a FA, pick someone off waiver, call up someone from in the systeme even get a lone from a other team...
I belive that Brett Festerling was a better asset then Drew MacIntyre and now it make the lapierre seem even worst.

calder candidate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:29 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12jf54 View Post
Festerling being the guy we got for Lapierre
I wasn't around at the time but does anyone know why Lapierre asked to be traded?

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:29 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
I wasn't around at the time but does anyone know why Lapierre asked to be traded?
The usual iirc. Didn't feel like he was being used enough/properly.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 05:30 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Festerling is better than that... Dammit.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 06:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Isnt sanford and auld both ufa at seasons end?
If so this makes a little sense
But not a ton
Sanford, Auld and MacIntyre are all UFA's this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
Meh, his stats in the A are underwhelming.
have you seen Robert Mayer in nets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calder candidate View Post
basical we trade Lapierre for Mara and MacIntyre... and the Duck turn around and traded him for perreault and a 3rd pick... I rather have a 3rd pick then both Mara and MacIntyre...
This is I minor deal but it show that we seem to be giving away players making move just to make move...
Lapierre did request a trade so it might be a bit hard to critic, but don't they also have the responsibility to the fan to manage the asset in the best possible way... NO??

I think this is a other sideway move that turn out to be a other step in the wrong direction. even if are AHL golie is injured why give up someone to patch that hole sign a FA, pick someone off waiver, call up someone from in the systeme even get a lone from a other team...
I belive that Brett Festerling was a better asset then Drew MacIntyre and now it make the lapierre seem even worst.
Hamilton has a really solid D with or without Festerling, they have the best goalie in the AHL but he's currently injured and there hasn't been any word on how bad. So the Dogs, who sit in 1st place, could miss the playoffs if they have to go with Mayer as their starter since he usualy is good for 4 goals a night, which if the Dogs had Desharnais and Pacioretty on the team still then it might be so bad but without them it would have been a nightmare to watch Mayer try to lead us into the playoffs.

Last edited by montreal: 02-28-2011 at 06:23 PM.
montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
JohnnyB11

Quote:

Who cares?? What big assets are we talking about here? That 3rd pick is the last pick of the round. Max Lapierre - 3rd-4th line forward. Macgregor Sharp, Joel Perrault - 4th liners. Paul Mara, last pairing Dman. Brett Festerling - 7th/8th dman. Drew MacIntyre - 3rd/4th string goaltender.

At this level the only 'asset management' you need to worry about is adding players where you need them. Mara was acquired due to the exceptional circumstances regarding the Habs Dmen. MacIntyre was acquired due to an injury to arguably the most important Bulldog, and as someone else said the AHL is crucial for the development for many players. The Dogs NEEDED a goalie.

People gotta chill... do you need Carey Price to tell you so?

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 09:08 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Who cares?? What big assets are we talking about here? That 3rd pick is the last pick of the round. Max Lapierre - 3rd-4th line forward. Macgregor Sharp, Joel Perrault - 4th liners. Paul Mara, last pairing Dman. Brett Festerling - 7th/8th dman. Drew MacIntyre - 3rd/4th string goaltender.

At this level the only 'asset management' you need to worry about is adding players where you need them. Mara was acquired due to the exceptional circumstances regarding the Habs Dmen. MacIntyre was acquired due to an injury to arguably the most important Bulldog, and as someone else said the AHL is crucial for the development for many players. The Dogs NEEDED a goalie.

People gotta chill... do you need Carey Price to tell you so?
10/10

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
We got Steve Buscemi?
First thing I thought of when I saw the photo on page 1!!

Steve Buscemi's...son!! (if he had one).

Really wished we kept Festerling. Then again, Sanford is injured, so...it was a move that had to be made?! (but still wish the asking price wasn't Festerling)

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
make no mistake Drew MacIntyre has potential to be a #1. hopefully in a couple years he will challenge price for the number 1 job.
He's already 27 years old...

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:28 PM
DumFries

Just as I expected, it was a very boring day!!!

Although, Penner came close to being a Hab i heard. I am happy they didn't bite.

DumFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
He's already 27 years old...
Dominik became a solidified #1 in Buffalo, at the age of 28. Pretty successful.
Huet was drafted when he was 26 and started playing at the age of 27. His name is on the Cup.

It's not like it would be the first time a goaltender hits his prime in his later 20s, early 30s.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Huet was drafted when he was 26 and started playing at the age of 27. His name is on the Cup.

It's not like it would be the first time a goaltender hits his prime in his later 20s, early 30s.
Tim Thomas...

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

This move was made to help out in Hamilton, no big deal

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Report coming out from an Atlanta journalist at the Marinaro show today, saying how great he looked last year. That he had been traded based on the fact that there were just no room. But he seemed to think highly of him though he haven't seen him this year....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 04:00 PM
GBurr60

Cant blame pg, the guy is a former intercontinental champion

GBurr60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Ayatollah Chowmeini

Quote:

Tim Thomas...

It sounds like I'm bashing MacIntyre here, but I promise I'm not. But you're talking about Hasek who would have been a #1 earlier but was backing up mid-90s Ed Belfour, and Thomas was one of the best goalies not playing in North America (much like Ramo now, except older). Huet is not really a good example either- he never won a single playoff series. And now he makes $5.625 a year to play in Switzerland.

Gentlemen- I admire your optimism (except on Huet), but I'm not expecting much more than a serviceable AHL goalie at this point.

Ayatollah Chowmeini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
make no mistake Drew MacIntyre has potential to be a #1. hopefully in a couple years he will challenge price for the number 1 job.
Provided MacIntyre plays for anyone but the Habs by then...

Mathradio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollah Chowmeini View Post
Quote:

Tim Thomas...

It sounds like I'm bashing MacIntyre here, but I promise I'm not. But you're talking about Hasek who would have been a #1 earlier but was backing up mid-90s Ed Belfour, and Thomas was one of the best goalies not playing in North America (much like Ramo now, except older). Huet is not really a good example either- he never won a single playoff series. And now he makes $5.625 a year to play in Switzerland.

Gentlemen- I admire your optimism (except on Huet), but I'm not expecting much more than a serviceable AHL goalie at this point.
I'm not expecting much either. Habs have Price, he is the now and the future. It simply was a minor league deal for Hamilton. I have no problem with that, just like I now have no problem with Mara and Sopel being traded to Montreal, basically due to all the injuries on the blue-line.

I was just pointing out that it's not unusual anymore, to see a goaltender hit his prime at a later age. Say what you want about Huet, the guy played good for Montreal and Chicago, and his name is now on the Cup.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

The only thing I don't agree with is that we traded Lapierre in December because he was unhappy and there wasn't a big market. The market was bigger in February at the deadline because prices are higher on deadline day and Vancouver desperately wanted to add 4th line help.

Waiting 2+ months to move Lapierre when it was clear he wasn't happy wouldn't have been a good idea. We sold a bit low on Lapierre and bought a bit high on Mara, but the difference was pretty marginal as Mara filled a desperate need when we were down 5 d-men and White can replace Lapierre.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote