HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards

Old
03-01-2011, 02:03 PM
phillyfanatic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Yep. Me, too, though I invited my friend the Canadiens fan over for 1 game. Guess which one. He was laying it on with every Canadiens goal. I got my revenge at a bbq at another Hab fan's house on the day of the series clinching game: there were 2 Canadiens fans and 2 Flyers fans; they were slipping into angry depression, and the other Flyers fan and I just exchanged a subdued fist bump every time the Flyers scored.
Haha. My Dad is a die-hard Habs fan. My Brother and I are die-hard Flyer fans. After the past two years - my father will no longer watch hockey with his sons. It has been painful to say the least.

phillyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 02:20 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Cannon.

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Snipsnap12

does anyone know Richie's sponsors, I know hes associated with rednex rebellion, (I actually have a few hats they are sweet), I notice he uses nike-bauer stuff, but I dont see him on the website

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:16 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
does anyone know Richie's sponsors, I know hes associated with rednex rebellion, (I actually have a few hats they are sweet), I notice he uses nike-bauer stuff, but I dont see him on the website
he used to be sponsored by Canadian Tire, but they cut him for the greatest player in the league, Jonathan Toews

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:25 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
he used to be sponsored by Canadian Tire, but they cut him for the greatest player in the league, Jonathan Toews
Intangibles!

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
wait till richie wins the cup.... they will wanna come crawling back

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
wait till richie wins the cup.... they will wanna come crawling back
Correction: Wait until INTANGIBLES! misses the playoffs this year.

By the way, if you ever get a chance, go on the main boards and find a thread about Toews saving the game of hockey through intangibles. One of my favorite HF threads to date.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:01 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

By the way, if you ever get a chance, go on the main boards and find a thread about Toews saving the game of hockey through intangibles. One of my favorite HF threads to date.
It makes no sense to hate on Toews, when we all love Richards. Both guys are great players who play a similar game. Chicago is 7-1-2 in their last 10 games BTW, and Toews has been on fire.

Of course it was stupid for TSN to rank Toews has the NHL's 3rd best forward before the season, but the guy is a gamer, like Richards, pure and simple. Watching them both play on the same line for Team Canada was awesome

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:15 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
It makes no sense to hate on Toews, when we all love Richards. Both guys are great players who play a similar game. Chicago is 7-1-2 in their last 10 games BTW, and Toews has been on fire.

Of course it was stupid for TSN to rank Toews has the NHL's 3rd best forward before the season, but the guy is a gamer, like Richards, pure and simple. Watching them both play on the same line for Team Canada was awesome
I don't hate on Toews. I make fun of the people who worship Toews. If you saw the thread about Toews saving hockey, you would too. It was hilarious. That and TSN ranking Toews in the top 3.

As a fact though, I don't take Toews' offense right now all that seriously. He gets roughly 2 minutes of EV TOI more than our top forwards which is roughly 164 minutes more time per season. You can do a lot of damage in that.

I don't think he's a better offensive player than Richards yet, and I don't think he's better defensively. While I do think Toews will surpass Richards offensively, I'm not so sure if it'll happen defensively.

Toews would however be the second best forward overall on our team. Offensively? I'd argue that he'd be 5th best.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:20 PM
HoverCarle*

Just an honest question: Do you like any player who isn't a Flyer or Former Flyer? Besides Bobby Ryan of course...

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 03-02-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old
03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Jester

Toews would instantaneously be our best faceoff guy.

Toews 3.55 GFON/60 at even strength.

Only players on our team better than that: Hartnell, Leino, Briere, and Carter.

Toews is better than all of those guys.

Toews 2.17 GAON/60 at even strength.

Only players on our team better than that: Nodl, Shelley, Zherdev, Betts, JVR, and Carter (Leino is tied).

[Sidenote: further evidence that Carter is grossly under appreciated]

Flyers have a .009 advantage in SVPCT, which is a factor in the GAON/60 statistic.

Toews: 9.84 GFON/60 on the PP.

We don't have a single forward close to that right now.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:40 PM
HoverCarle*

But Jester Toews gets 2 extra minutes of ice time per game!!!! He would be useless here with 2 less minutes.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:43 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:

Oh and this shows some hilarious hypocrisy:

Quote:
Chris Shafer March 11, 2009 - 8:15 pm

It’s exactly why I would take Richards and Carter hands down over Crosby and Malkin. I don’t care if those two will put up more points. Carter and Richards and better defensively, add far more in intangibles, and will be cheaper forever.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Jester

Quote:
But Jester Toews gets 2 extra minutes of ice time per game!!!! He would be useless here with 2 less minutes.
BTW, Toews is playing against a 0.089 QUALCOMP this year, which is notably higher than anyone on our team.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:47 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Just an honest question: Do you like any player who isn't a Flyer or Former Flyer? Besides Bobby Ryan of course...
Rick Nash
Henrik Zetterberg
A lot of the Buffalo Sabres most importantly Drew Stafford.
All the Capitals except Mike Green and Alexander Semin. Alzner and Carlson are an awesome pairing.
Thomas Vokoun is my favorite goalie in the NHL.
I liked Paul Martin a lot despite him playing for the Devils. Now I don't like him as much.

Chris Pronger and Peter Forsberg were my favorite two players growing up, long before they ever played a game as a Flyer.

There's more, but why keep going?

So yeah, just because I talk about the Flyers on a Flyers board as a Flyers writer to other Flyers fans doesn't mean that I only like the Flyers or that they are the only team that exists.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:51 PM
Derivation

By far the best Captain in the NHL.

Derivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:52 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Oh and this shows some hilarious hypocrisy:
Okay, then let me know when I start a thread about how Carter and Richards are going to save hockey.

This was long before Crosby had broken out into 2010-11 form. And yes, Carter and Richards are both better defensively, cheaper, and have more in terms of intangibles.

Just because I used the word once does not make me a hypocrite. And besides this is in reference to somebody taking things way overboard. I don't think I did.

I'd rather spend my money on Carter, Richards, Giroux, and Briere for the same price as Crosby, Malkin, and J. Staal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
BTW, Toews is playing against a 0.089 QUALCOMP this year, which is notably higher than anyone on our team.
Didn't bother to check, but it's about time his QUALCOMP is topping everyone else's.

I'm sure Richards' is actually pretty low this year.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Jester

Quote:
Okay, then let me know when I start a thread about how Carter and Richards are going to save hockey.

This was long before Crosby had broken out into 2010-11 form. And yes, Carter and Richards are both better defensively, cheaper, and have more in terms of intangibles.

Just because I used the word once does not make me a hypocrite. And besides this is in reference to somebody taking things way overboard. I don't think I did.

I'd rather spend my money on Carter, Richards, Giroux, and Briere for the same price as Crosby, Malkin, and J. Staal.
Using idiots as a foil for forming opinions is a good strategy... should roll with that.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:56 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:

Didn't bother to check, but it's about time his QUALCOMP is topping everyone else's.

I understand the arguments of Carter + Richards vs Malkin + Crosby, it's just funny that you used intangibles as part of it. I also hate Malkin and Staal and think they are overpaid so we agree there.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:58 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Using idiots as a foil for forming opinions is a good strategy... should roll with that.
I don't need to hear that from someone whose HF career is based on taking the needlessly and hopelessly insignificant into a federal case of miraculous importance only to prove that he's right.

Come on now.

Old
03-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Jester

Quote:

0.025, which is notably out of line with the rest of the team once again... but nothing like last year when he should have won the Selke.

Old
03-02-2011, 01:01 PM
HoverCarle*

I still am annoyed that Richards had more first place votes for the Selke in his runner-up year than Datsyuk did.

Stupid media ****** not giving him a couple extra 3rd, 4th, 5th place votes

Old
03-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Jester

Quote:
I don't need to hear that from someone whose HF career is based on taking the needlessly and hopelessly insignificant into a federal case of miraculous importance only to prove that he's right.

Come on now.
Debating a point is different than using some idiotic thread (which was possibly begun by a 13 y/o kid) as something that should somehow matter in a material way to discourse and your opinion. There's a reason I don't spend any time on the main board: it's populated by *ing morons who aren't worth the time of day.

Sure, I can be tedious and pedantic in my attention to empiricism.

Caring about some dumb thread on the main board is just dumb.

Old
03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Caring about some dumb thread on the main board is just dumb.
"Caring" in the same sense you care about how funny it was to watch that random drunk guy trip over himself and fall down.

If that's caring, then yes, "caring" indeed.

I can be tedious over technicalities as well.

Quote:
I still am annoyed that Richards had more first place votes for the Selke in his runner-up year than Datsyuk did.

Stupid media ****** not giving him a couple extra 3rd, 4th, 5th place votes
Maybe I like the idealistic notion that awards should be handed to the current "best" and not the best in any given year.

I know that's not even the spirit of the awards, but it bugs me to watch Keith win the Norris (Letang will probably be the same) without actually being the best overall defenseman.

Maybe he had what appears to be the best year, but it feels awkward to me, if you understand any of what I just said.

In that regard, I consider Datsyuk the best defensive forward. I'm perfectly okay with him winning it year after year.

Wait until Toews or J. Staal undeservedly wins it though...then I will freak out. Both are good defensive forwards, but they're not better than Datsyuk. Neither is Richards.

Richards not "winning" it over Datsyuk doesn't really bother me all that much.

Last edited by CS: 03-02-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Old
03-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Jester

Quote:
"Caring" in the same sense you care about how funny it was to watch that random drunk guy trip over himself and fall down.

If that's caring, then yes, "caring" indeed.

I can be tedious over technicalities as well.
Then why did you bring it up multiple times as if it mattered in a discussion of the merits of Toews' game?

At the very least it's suggestive that your opinion is reactionary to some stupid thread you didn't like.