HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010/11 - Post-TDL/Playoff Line Combos

Old
03-01-2011, 11:07 PM
David71

vCash: 500
in the playoffs theres no cap. so the canucks can carry extra bodies in case of injuries right? like having 3 dman and a couple of forwards sitting in the pressbox in case of injuries.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Sayonara77
Farewell Kes

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Higgins/Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Higgins/Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen
Glass-Lapierre-Torres

Edler-Ehrhoff
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Salo-Ballard

Luongo
Schneider

Sayonara77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 04:16 AM
David71

sedins+ burrows
higgins/kesler/sammy
raymond/malhotra/hansen=potential shutdown line+speed to turn pucks over.
crash/banging line-glass/lapierre/torres or the forth u can always drop hansen to the forth to allow more speed/hits and torres stays on the third.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:21 AM
DrChill

I would like to see a kesler Raymond Hansen line for a little while one game just for the speed factor..

DrChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:52 AM
keslehr*

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen
Torres - Lapierre - Glass

Hodgson

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Ehrhoff
Ballard - Salo

Alberts

Luo
Schneider

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:05 PM
PRNuck

Let's be reality, we're 33-5-7 with Tambellini in the lineup, 7-10-2 without. Let's find a way to keep him in the lineup for playoffs imo.

PRNuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:37 PM
jammyrft

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Let's be reality, we're 33-5-7 with Tambellini in the lineup, 7-10-2 without. Let's find a way to keep him in the lineup for playoffs imo.
Depth is a good thing although it leaves you with tough decisions. for me there's no way you sit Oreskovich considering he's our real only physical force other than Torres. Oreskovich is not slow either and actually pretty quick not to mention he's not a defensive liability. That being said you dress Oreo and sit Hansen. Not because Hansen is bad or anything but only simply because we're a deep team and "them the breaks"

I would dress my bottom six as such

Higgins - Malholtra - Torres
Glass - Lappy - Oreskovich

Tambo

Lets face it the Moose also need to win. It's very important that our prospect also prosper and win. Sending Hansen/Tambo down the the moose to try and win the Calder is a GOOD thing. I just can't justify sitting speed and physical play (Oreskovich) over Hansen on the 4th. Because we do also need to win in the AHL for our prospect too

...ps I really enjoy Sleemans Honey Brown

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:46 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by David71 View Post
in the playoffs theres no cap. so the canucks can carry extra bodies in case of injuries right? like having 3 dman and a couple of forwards sitting in the pressbox in case of injuries.
Correct.

We can have 20 healthy scratches up in the press box if we feel like it.

If Manitoba is injured early, I'd expect all the prospects and non waiver eligible players to be recalled as a Black Aces squad.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Hammer2Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
Depth is a good thing although it leaves you with tough decisions. for me there's no way you sit Oreskovich considering he's our real only physical force other than Torres. Oreskovich is not slow either and actually pretty quick not to mention he's not a defensive liability. That being said you dress Oreo and sit Hansen. Not because Hansen is bad or anything but only simply because we're a deep team and "them the breaks"

I would dress my bottom six as such

Higgins - Malholtra - Torres
Glass - Lappy - Oreskovich

Tambo

Lets face it the Moose also need to win. It's very important that our prospect also prosper and win. Sending Hansen/Tambo down the the moose to try and win the Calder is a GOOD thing. I just can't justify sitting speed and physical play (Oreskovich) over Hansen on the 4th. Because we do also need to win in the AHL for our prospect too

...ps I really enjoy Sleemans Honey Brown
there is absoulutely no way hansen is sent down

Hammer2Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
jammyrft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer2Time View Post
there is absoulutely no way hansen is sent down

hey man I like Hansen as much as the next guy. But answer me this

-who is more offensive, tambo or Hansen (I say Tambo) therefore tambo has an edge

-who brings a more physical edge Hansen or Oreo (I say Oreo) he's a lot bigger and throws bigger hits.

lets face it we're running out of roster spots. Add Lappy and Higgins and there's almost no spots left. the only real spot left is a winger on the 4th line so it comes down to what you want in a 4th line role. To me you want speed and physical play and IMO Oreo fits that role more than Hansen does. Plus like I mentioned winning in Manitoba is still very important and hansen could help the moose greatly

jammyrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:01 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammyrft View Post
hey man I like Hansen as much as the next guy. But answer me this

-who is more offensive, tambo or Hansen (I say Tambo) therefore tambo has an edge

-who brings a more physical edge Hansen or Oreo (I say Oreo) he's a lot bigger and throws bigger hits.

lets face it we're running out of roster spots. Add Lappy and Higgins and there's almost no spots left. the only real spot left is a winger on the 4th line so it comes down to what you want in a 4th line role. To me you want speed and physical play and IMO Oreo fits that role more than Hansen does. Plus like I mentioned winning in Manitoba is still very important and hansen could help the moose greatly
You are absolutely drunk. Not a single chance Hansen gets scratched in favour of Tambellini and Oreskovich.

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 10:21 PM
stevecanuck16

I don't know if anyone else has picked up on this, but AV has started to throw a Sedin-Sedin-Samuelsson line out there after every successful penalty kill, with Burrows having served on the PK. These shifts always have a lot of jump, both with the upswing in momentum from the PK and the energy Samuelsson brings with a line promotion. They've scored a few times on these shifts.

I would not mind a bit more Burrows/Samuelsson shuffling. Could get both guys really going.

stevecanuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote