HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P E C O: Power Play discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
  #51
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 36,318
vCash: 50
just go back to the KISS philosophy when everything else fails

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:05 PM
  #52
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I mostly want Richards, Timonen and Briere to be together as they were amazing back when Richards played the point

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:06 PM
  #53
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I mostly want Richards, Timonen and Briere to be together as they were amazing back when Richards played the point
Yeah, it definitely should have fallen under the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" category. Granted, it was fine last year... just wish they'd split Timonen and Pronger up.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:21 PM
  #54
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Who are our options though? Giroux is bad at the point as he doesn't shoot. Leaves Versteeg, Carter and Briere really. I wouldn't want Briere playing D, and Carter doesn't really do slapshots so Versteeg is our only viable option. (He did play point on the PP with Toronto)
JvR, but not the #1 option, rather keep the d-men on the points and figure out how to remedy the problem with hard work.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:22 PM
  #55
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
JvR, but not the #1 option, rather keep the d-men on the points and figure out how to remedy the problem with hard work.
The D are part of the problem. Carle and Meszaros, in particular.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:23 PM
  #56
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Worked fine in the past.
And not working now, so just go back to basics.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
  #57
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
The D are part of the problem. Carle and Meszaros, in particular.
But putting a fwds back on the points can also be a liability too, especially against a team who likes to pressure the points and has the players to get it done.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:27 PM
  #58
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
JvR, but not the #1 option, rather keep the d-men on the points and figure out how to remedy the problem with hard work.
I was talking about right hand shots. JVR is a left

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
  #59
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I was talking about right hand shots. JVR is a left
Gotcha, JvR has played the point before and if he developed a one-timer would not look too bad at the point, but the one player who best fits the mold(minus the slap shot) is Giroux. You need to have a guy who can handle the puck but also when called upon can play defensive as well.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:33 PM
  #60
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
But putting a fwds back on the points can also be a liability too, especially against a team who likes to pressure the points and has the players to get it done.
Richards has done quite well with it.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 02:24 PM
  #61
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Gotcha, JvR has played the point before and if he developed a one-timer would not look too bad at the point, but the one player who best fits the mold(minus the slap shot) is Giroux. You need to have a guy who can handle the puck but also when called upon can play defensive as well.
Yeah but Giroux passes too much to be on the point really. Maybe he can get better at it and be like Brad Richards who excels as a playmaking PPQB, but who knows

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:27 PM
  #62
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 500
JVR-Giroux-Pronger
Meszaros-Richards

Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Timonen-Carle

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 06:06 PM
  #63
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,473
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
just go back to the KISS philosophy when everything else fails
Rock and roll all night and party every day?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
  #64
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox
 
Chicken Chaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. James's Gate
Country: Jersey
Posts: 1,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Who are our options though? Giroux is bad at the point as he doesn't shoot. Leaves Versteeg, Carter and Briere really. I wouldn't want Briere playing D, and Carter doesn't really do slapshots so Versteeg is our only viable option. (He did play point on the PP with Toronto)
Carter has the ability if he wanted to with that stick of his to unleash a beast of a slap shot/one-timer, much like JVR but it'll never happen unfortunately , wouldn't be bad to see them have a trigger man with a RHS opposite of Pronger


Edit: Super Star did score a goal this year a twine seeking missile top corner on a slap shot, he could be a secret weapon on the point... but he also shoots left i think?

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 06:28 PM
  #65
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
Edit: Super Star did score a goal this year a twine seeking missile top corner on a slap shot, he could be a secret weapon on the point... but he also shoots left i think?
He can do it right handed too, but we're not allowed to have him on the ice during the PP because it would essentially be a 6 on 4 but we'd still have a goalie.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 06:55 PM
  #66
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Who are our options though? Giroux is bad at the point as he doesn't shoot. Leaves Versteeg, Carter and Briere really. I wouldn't want Briere playing D, and Carter doesn't really do slapshots so Versteeg is our only viable option. (He did play point on the PP with Toronto)



None really, I wouldn't want any of our forwards back there. I was just pointing out what I thought we lacked on the pp.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:58 PM
  #67
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,238
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Rock and roll all night and party every day?
Just don't let the media find out and you'll be fine.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:41 AM
  #68
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10KeithLeClair25 View Post
JVR-Giroux-Pronger
Meszaros-Richards

Hartnell-Carter-Briere
Timonen-Carle
I do not want to take Prongers shot off the point, if Carter, Hartnell, and possibly JvR cannot handle business in the front then they need to reevaluate the roster.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 03:23 PM
  #69
Bryz4shiz
Registered User
 
Bryz4shiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alhoa Oe
Posts: 3,016
vCash: 500
When Pronger was planted in front of the net last year he was successful, and Meszaros has a pretty good shot from the point

Bryz4shiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.