HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards

Old
03-02-2011, 12:24 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Oh I agree that Datsyuk deserves to own the Selke, it was just weird that Richards had more first place votes one year.
Staal is one of the most overrated players in the NHL, I agree there.

and Pronger and Lidtsrom not being nominated for the norris last year was criminal really

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:25 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
It makes no sense to hate on Toews, when we all love Richards. Both guys are great players who play a similar game. Chicago is 7-1-2 in their last 10 games BTW, and Toews has been on fire.

Of course it was stupid for TSN to rank Toews has the NHL's 3rd best forward before the season, but the guy is a gamer, like Richards, pure and simple. Watching them both play on the same line for Team Canada was awesome
I have nothing but good things to say about Toews. He's really similar to Richards in a lot of ways. Watching them with Nash in Vancouver was fantastic but unfortunately they got very little recognition because Crosby scored the Golden Goal.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I have nothing but good things to say about Toews. He's really similar to Richards in a lot of ways. Watching them with Nash in Vancouver was fantastic but unfortunately they got very little recognition because Crosby scored the Golden Goal.
Once that line was put together it was easily the most consistent line. I think Richards set up Toews with the first goal of the gold medal game if I recall correctly

Last edited by HoverCarle*: 03-02-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old
03-02-2011, 12:41 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Once that line was put together it was easily the most consistent line. I think Richards set up Toews with the first goal of the gold medal game I think
Toews buried a rebound from a Richards shot, yes.

03-02-2011, 12:44 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Toews buried a rebound from a Richards shot, yes.
Did Richards dig the puck out of the corner first, or am I thinking of another goal?

Old
03-02-2011, 12:46 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Did Richards dig the puck out of the corner first, or am I thinking of another goal?
From what I recall, Richie intercepted a pass/clear from behind the net; he was a little to Miller's left.

Richards turned around and shot the puck to Miller's glove side and Miller kicked the puck right to Toews, who was coming from the boards to Miller's left.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 01:02 PM
HoverCarle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
From what I recall, Richie intercepted a pass/clear from behind the net; he was a little to Miller's left.

Richards turned around and shot the puck to Miller's glove side and Miller kicked the puck right to Toews, who was coming from the boards to Miller's left.
Sweet memory. Sounds correct

Old
03-02-2011, 01:15 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Once that line was put together it was easily the most consistent line. I think Richards set up Toews with the first goal of the gold medal game if I recall correctly
As cuthbert said "a tazer from Toews"! They also figured in at least one goal during the Russian game which also included nash and some awesome passing. I think I'll watch me some Olympic hockey tonight!

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote