Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
bostonphoenix

vCash: 500
If I get Season Tickets in the upper balcony for next season would I be able to sell either through ticket exchange/stubhub/craigslist face value for games I don't want to go to? Price is $29 at the moment.

Old
02-28-2011, 10:08 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddacey View Post
If I get Season Tickets in the upper balcony for next season would I be able to sell either through ticket exchange/stubhub/craigslist face value for games I don't want to go to? Price is $29 at the moment.
$29 must be the last 5 rows in the balcony behind the nets. I doubt there will be anything available in that section. If there is, it will be on the 1x side but im sure there are STH looking to downgrade into these seats, so in reality they should get first preference.

Ticketexchange sells your tickets almost immediately for higher demanded games.

StubHub can get you anywhere from 75% of face (after fees) for less desirable games to 300% (Saturday - Pens). Craigslist is scam city, although there are good people that use it, I don't trust 90% of the others.

Old
03-01-2011, 12:26 AM
KillerKampfer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
So I can upgrade my seats and then cancel my existing ones

terrific!
And pay 39 instead of 35 if you're in that section.

Whats with the bitterness Laz? On this thread youve ripped someone for buying 20 games off a friend ST holder as not being a real friend for marginally profiting off him (you sell your Pittsburgh seats for fv in September and not 2 days before when you're guaranteed to be out of town and miss it) and think the Bruins owe it to you to keep your prices down now that the team is a legit Cup Contender and the roster is stocked with young talent. We don't pay more in the balcony than Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, etc and our team is good.

When I bought my seats orignally I bought a triple knowing I would get to go to a cup game and profit dramatically but that I wouldn't be able to profit off the odd number of games during the year. I'm willing to lose money on my tickets. Not on an additional set though which is why I have no interested in another pair for 78 bucks. The Bruins don't owe it to me to let me move into row 4 for 35 when they can sell it for 39 immediately to someone else.

Looch did the right thing, called the Bruins to see what he could do to get a crack at seats before non STs and if that didnt work add a new account and he will be able to bring all his kids to the skating thing.

Im not very social and don't mix with old friends/aquaintances that much. If I did another set of seasons would be a good investment as people who know you have them and like the Bruins just want games from you at cost. But the people who take the undesirable games off you that you can't move on craigslist for face or above unless its two days before that game are not the ones you can charge 3x face for the Rangers on a Saturday. The price is irrelevant if you can move the midweek undesirable games without too much running around/effort or wait until those games occur and can make your payments without selling future games. Saturday games are profitable and you will make a killing.

I dont know enough people to move siad games and 7k is too big an initail hit to take before the profitable time of year comes around (and wont be made selling one finals game) so I am allset but it sucks, lots of people expect me to take them to a finals game if we make it. I might get a single b/c of this so I can sell my pair at market value and go but I don't have much desire to go to regular season games alone I would plan on writing it off as a loss the following year.

Old
03-01-2011, 08:07 AM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
And pay 39 instead of 35 if you're in that section.

Whats with the bitterness Laz? On this thread youve ripped someone for buying 20 games off a friend ST holder as not being a real friend for marginally profiting off him (you sell your Pittsburgh seats for fv in September and not 2 days before when you're guaranteed to be out of town and miss it) and think the Bruins owe it to you to keep your prices down now that the team is a legit Cup Contender and the roster is stocked with young talent. We don't pay more in the balcony than Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, etc and our team is good.

When I bought my seats orignally I bought a triple knowing I would get to go to a cup game and profit dramatically but that I wouldn't be able to profit off the odd number of games during the year. I'm willing to lose money on my tickets. Not on an additional set though which is why I have no interested in another pair for 78 bucks. The Bruins don't owe it to me to let me move into row 4 for 35 when they can sell it for 39 immediately to someone else.

Looch did the right thing, called the Bruins to see what he could do to get a crack at seats before non STs and if that didnt work add a new account and he will be able to bring all his kids to the skating thing.

Im not very social and don't mix with old friends/aquaintances that much. If I did another set of seasons would be a good investment as people who know you have them and like the Bruins just want games from you at cost. But the people who take the undesirable games off you that you can't move on craigslist for face or above unless its two days before that game are not the ones you can charge 3x face for the Rangers on a Saturday. The price is irrelevant if you can move the midweek undesirable games without too much running around/effort or wait until those games occur and can make your payments without selling future games. Saturday games are profitable and you will make a killing.

I dont know enough people to move siad games and 7k is too big an initail hit to take before the profitable time of year comes around (and wont be made selling one finals game) so I am allset but it sucks, lots of people expect me to take them to a finals game if we make it. I might get a single b/c of this so I can sell my pair at market value and go but I don't have much desire to go to regular season games alone I would plan on writing it off as a loss the following year.
42 dollar seats are still 42 dollars right? .. the friend thing.. maybe a little harsh, but no.. I'd feel like a giant ****** for selling tickets to my friends for over face value. Anyways... lost ya' on the whole pittsburgh game stuff.. no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not calling my rep to rat anyone out, I'm calling to discuss what inventory is available.

Old
03-01-2011, 10:55 AM
KillerKampfer*

The point I was trying to make about Pittsburgh was sure you would be willing to sell that game to a friend for face value if the game was soon and you knew you couldnt go. If it was September and you knew you would be selling games to friends, Pittsburgh I am sure isn't one you would sell at fv until you were sure you didn't want to go yourself.

Everyone I know personally has specified wanting cheap tickets only wanting to spend the 30 bucks they know it costs me, and I have to fight for them to not beg big games off me. Sucks when yo ulet someone have a big game for 60 bucks that would have got you 150-200.

Im sure your not trying ot rat anyone out, and thanks to the board people like you and Looch know that the B's were going to give other people dibs before ST holders and can now act accordingly.

People will pay the new ST prices the team is too good. And the B's have raised prices more than enough for there to be an avalanche of non renewals when/if the team starts to struggle it works both ways but I think theres enough bad teams int he East we dont have to worry about missing the playoffs any of the next 5 years.

Old
03-01-2011, 11:43 AM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
The point I was trying to make about Pittsburgh was sure you would be willing to sell that game to a friend for face value if the game was soon and you knew you couldnt go. If it was September and you knew you would be selling games to friends, Pittsburgh I am sure isn't one you would sell at fv until you were sure you didn't want to go yourself.
gotcha.. but, for me personally, not really.. I sold 5 games to a good friend of mine all for face value.. I gave him Detroit, Montreal, and a couple of Sat. Games.. I got 41 games to deal with. I wouldn't give my friends a strip of Tuesday night dogs against the Panthers. That's what friends are for.

what goes around comes around.

But I'm with ya. The Bruins reps have been AWESOME.. they've gone above and beyond for me.. I would only treat them with the respect they've shown me and I wouldn't cause a stink and ruin it for others.

Old
03-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I sell all my tickets at the price I pay (not the box office). Am I loosing out on some income, sure. But the stub hub fans that always sit in the row in front of me annoy me to no end. I wouldnt want those type of people sitting in my seats, annoying the people I sit with and talk to every game.

I have been lucky and have been able to unload any game i cant make. If I know ahead of time I send out an email. If it is last minute I send out a mass text. Forward them the tickets in PDF and thats it.

Plus my selling of tickets to friends for face has worked out really well because I have been able to go to a few Sox games that they couldnt go to. I was the first one they called because I sold them Game 2 ECSF tickets last year.

Old
03-01-2011, 12:03 PM
1 of the 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I sell all my tickets at the price I pay (not the box office). Am I loosing out on some income, sure. But the stub hub fans that always sit in the row in front of me annoy me to no end. I wouldnt want those type of people sitting in my seats, annoying the people I sit with and talk to every game.
Amen, brother. Amen.

Old
03-01-2011, 12:04 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
gotcha.. but, for me personally, not really.. I sold 5 games to a good friend of mine all for face value.. I gave him Detroit, Montreal, and a couple of Sat. Games.. I got 41 games to deal with. I wouldn't give my friends a strip of Tuesday night dogs against the Panthers. That's what friends are for.

what goes around comes around.

But I'm with ya. The Bruins reps have been AWESOME.. they've gone above and beyond for me.. I would only treat them with the respect they've shown me and I wouldn't cause a stink and ruin it for others.

Old
03-01-2011, 12:13 PM
NASCL

Guy I know was looking for four tickets to a game and thought my ST price of $18 each was too high. Good luck on StubHub, bub.

Old
03-01-2011, 01:14 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
And I thank you for that!

Sadly, the guy between Morris and where I am has shown a lot less regard for who uses those tickets...though that brawl in the stands was the best part of the 12/20 Anaheim game, I really don't like blood getting on my seat and arm.

Old
03-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins309 View Post
And I thank you for that!

Sadly, the guy between Morris and where I am has shown a lot less regard for who uses those tickets...though that brawl in the stands was the best part of the 12/20 Anaheim game, I really don't like blood getting on my seat and arm.
Funny thin is....

The loud mouth in the group of the 4 guys in our row... was one of the older guys' Son.

He asked me about the fight a few games later... then told me it was his son.. awkward.

Old
03-01-2011, 03:24 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

can anyone tell me the most flexible payment plan there is for STH ? I inquired today and wanted to know how spread the payments can be.

Old
03-01-2011, 03:26 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBombay9 View Post
can anyone tell me the most flexible payment plan there is for STH ? I inquired today and wanted to know how spread the payments can be.
10 month payment plan

Old
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
10 month payment plan
Thanks, thats sounds good

Old
03-01-2011, 09:56 PM
schmautzy

Season Tix

Called today and asked about the lower priced balcony tix. Was told that I would be looking at the $39 and $42 seats. I asked about $42 seats and the rep said that higher rows in that price level in sections 304, 305, 311, 312 and 319 would be the most likely seats made available.
I dont think I can afford more seats but called anyway. Hoping for a mircle upgrade at select a seat.

Old
03-01-2011, 10:56 PM
RunFromTheBear

If I could move down to 304, row 3, I would be a happy camper! Is 3 considered a high row

Old
03-02-2011, 08:52 AM
petergriffen

Anyone got any tickets they are looking to sell for face value? Looking for two for any game. Thanks

Old
03-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Newbie10

Was anyone successful in adding another pair to their season tickets? My rep gave me a hard time and said they will call me back.

Old
03-02-2011, 02:28 PM
fage88
It's so big IRL

I don't Know if this is the forum for this, but is anyone looking to split a pair of season tickets? I emailed my rep today and asked if they would come out with half season packages again next year, as i want to upgrade from my 10 game pack. She said she doesnt know yet and there is no garentee and if i can find someone to slip with i would save 10 bucks a game per ticket per game. PM me if anyone has any interest

Old
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
bossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie10 View Post
Was anyone successful in adding another pair to their season tickets? My rep gave me a hard time and said they will call me back.
I spoke with my rep today and he said that I could add seats now and actually gave me specifics about what is available in the area that I was interested in. The kicker is that besides having to pay the new ST price for the seats if you also want playoff tickets for the new seats you will have to pay the "new" ST playoff price so your STH playoff prices is more than a renewing ST playoff prices. Capitalism - gotta love it.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
bossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fage88 View Post
I don't Know if this is the forum for this, but is anyone looking to split a pair of season tickets? I emailed my rep today and asked if they would come out with half season packages again next year, as i want to upgrade from my 10 game pack. She said she doesnt know yet and there is no garentee and if i can find someone to slip with i would save 10 bucks a game per ticket per game. PM me if anyone has any interest
Post on craigslist. I've seen a few posts on there from people looking for a Bruins ST share situation.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:18 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Nevermind, all set.

Last edited by TP: 03-03-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old
03-02-2011, 03:48 PM
KillerKampfer*

THe best pair availible right now is 39 dollar seats 319 row 12 for any STs looking to add. I am sure you guys got the email too.

I got a sick single, 306 row 11 in the cheapest section. Moving it will be more aggro than it is worth next year but I don't have to worry about missing playoff games if I want to make a buck. Ive probably had about 10 emails from people for the Pitt game all wanting them but backing out IDK maybe because Malkin and Crosby.

Still 99 bucks a game from 55. Adding another pair would make it 148. Now I have no reason to miss a playoff game, a regular season one I wouldnt really want to go alone but the playoffs is different 100% there for the hockey and not to socialize.

Old
03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
RunFromTheBear

Anyone have an idea of if anything is available in the balcony on the 2x side?

Closed Thread