HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2011, 10:21 PM
  #201
TheRedViper
Registered User
 
TheRedViper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Thomas scored in the shootout too, but they lost.
It was a nice SO goal too. =)

TheRedViper is offline  
Old
02-28-2011, 07:49 AM
  #202
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,283
vCash: 500
Nice fight by Maggio vs. Gudbranson in the Oshawa-Kingston game. Maggio handled himself really well.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
03-01-2011, 09:43 PM
  #203
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,412
vCash: 500
McIlrath with 2 assists tonight.

Zil is offline  
Old
03-01-2011, 10:23 PM
  #204
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
McIlrath with 2 assists tonight.
Probably against a weak opponent or I'm sure he took some penalties to mitigate those assists, so they don't really count towards anything.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
03-01-2011, 11:04 PM
  #205
AdamGravesNight
Registered User
 
AdamGravesNight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vegas/Jersey/Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
McIlrath with 2 assists tonight.
Always nice to hear. I can't wait for them to get him ready for the bigs. The real question to me is though, how many hits did he have?

AdamGravesNight is offline  
Old
03-01-2011, 11:11 PM
  #206
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGravesNight View Post
Always nice to hear. I can't wait for them to get him ready for the bigs. The real question to me is though, how many hits did he have?
And what was his TOI. Honestly everything the stats DONT tell us.

And Wolfgaze, Regina happens to be a horrible team.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:56 AM
  #207
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Probably against a weak opponent or I'm sure he took some penalties to mitigate those assists, so they don't really count towards anything.
Of course, you don't even have to look at this point

Regina, 19th in a 22 team league.

And those were secondary assists, neither on the power play.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
  #208
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 50
The Rangers and Hurricanes are the only two teams to have not signed a single one of their 2009 draft picks.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=885301

Kreider, Werek, Bourque, Stajcer, Maggio, Pashnin are all up for contract. I imagine Stajcer and Maggio will be let go. Not sure on Pashnin.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
  #209
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
The Rangers and Hurricanes are the only two teams to have not signed a single one of their 2009 draft picks.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=885301

Kreider, Werek, Bourque, Stajcer, Maggio, Pashnin are all up for contract. I imagine Stajcer and Maggio will be let go. Not sure on Pashnin.
If they don't sign Stajcer, they really, really need to be looking at the top FA college netminders.

Speaking of FA targets, it looks like Shinnimin has cooled off and averaged less than a PPG in Feb. (Although he did go 1-1-2 in his first game this month.)

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 02:54 PM
  #210
TheRedViper
Registered User
 
TheRedViper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,292
vCash: 500
Maggio has apparently been doing decent in Oshawa, maybe he earns himself a contract?

TheRedViper is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
  #211
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,902
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
If they don't sign Stajcer, they really, really need to be looking at the top FA college netminders.

Speaking of FA targets, it looks like Shinnimin has cooled off and averaged less than a PPG in Feb. (Although he did go 1-1-2 in his first game this month.)
Talbot, Johnson will do for now, since we have another year of Biron.

Kinkaid will graduate the end of next year and they can sign him up then, if either CJ or Talbot has left or is set to become the new backup.

Grumet-Morris is also another possible signing, but we do have a limit that we're gonna get closer and closer to.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
  #212
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Of course, you don't even have to look at this point

Regina, 19th in a 22 team league.

And those were secondary assists, neither on the power play.

Nobody takes your criticism seriously anyway... So continue on.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
  #213
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Nobody takes your criticism seriously anyway... So continue on.
Where's the criticism? I gave you FACTS.

You can't handle the truth !

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
  #214
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Where's the criticism? I gave you FACTS.

You can't handle the truth !
How many of Cam Fowler's assists this season are secondary assists vs. weak opponents? How many of Chris Kreider or Christian Thomas' assists this season are secondary assists? Oh wait, you don't care... You only hold McIlrath to that standard... Get over it. You want to critique prospects? Hold them all to the same standard... You don't, so no one can take those agenda based criticisms seriously, and they don't...

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:13 PM
  #215
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,587
vCash: 500
Read last week about Stajcer returning from hip surgery this late month. He has started skating. Taking shots. Nothing major.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:18 PM
  #216
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
How many of Cam Fowler's assists this season are secondary assists vs. weak opponents? How many of Chris Kreider or Christian Thomas' assists this season are secondary assists? Oh wait, you don't care... You only hold McIlrath to that standard... Get over it. You want to critique prospects? Hold them all to the same standard... You don't, so no one can take those agenda based criticisms seriously, and they don't...
Once again, its not me mentioning Fowler, never do actually unless he's brought up by you are someone else who feels the need to defend the pick.

Again, I gave you facts, where's the criticism?

The only agenda I've ever had was to provide more and more facts/proof that our current regime is way overdue for a change. Its all about the regime, I always root for anyone who plays in our Organization, especially the amateurs.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:25 PM
  #217
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Once again, its not me mentioning Fowler, never do actually unless he's brought up by you are someone else who feels the need to defend the pick.

The only agenda I've ever had was to provide more and more facts/proof that our current regime is way overdue for a change. Its all about the regime, I always root for anyone who plays in our Organization, especially the amateurs.
Again you avoided my point... How come you don't mention any other prospect's secondary assists or penalties when other users report their production? You have an agenda to trash the McIlrath pick at all costs... If you didn't, you wouldn't continually bring up things like secondary assists, weak opponents, and penalties, because you don't do that for any other prospect of ours.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:35 PM
  #218
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Again you avoided my point... How come you don't mention any other prospect's secondary assists or penalties when other users report their production? You have an agenda to trash the pick at all costs...
I'm pretty sure many others mentions not only those other players and their points but also how they got them, its not just me doing all the evaluating in this thread.

I was not a fan of the Mcilrath pick, well known by now. But does that mean when others provide info that I can't back that up with deeper details than just the point/PIM total? We get people here every weekend that see Thomas, Kreider, Hagelin actually play and they give some detailed analysis, but very little on Mcilrath.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:41 PM
  #219
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I'm pretty sure many others mentions not only those other players and their points but also how they got them, its not just me doing all the evaluating in this thread.
Nope... People report goals and assists... They dont' go out of their way to point out secondary assists to somehow mitigate their importance, and nobody reports on penalties the prospects took... Nobody goes out of their way to mention the strength of the opponent's team either...

You only make it a point about McIlrath because you have an agenda to trash the pick at all costs...

Quote:
But does that mean when others provide info that I can't back that up with deeper details than just the point/PIM total?
Hello? Have you read any of my posts? The whole POINT is that you only do this for McIlrath an no one else... When was the last time you pointed out the penalties of any other prospect? When was the last time you informed us that the reported assists by another user were actually secondary and were mitigated by the fact that they didn't come on the PP?

This is called an agenda, and it's not appreciated. Your slogan should be "Unfair & Unbalanced".

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:53 PM
  #220
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

This is called an agenda, and it's not appreciated. Your slogan should be "Unfair & Unbalanced".
By providing facts??

How is it not important that he has 2 PP points in his teams last 30 games !? The Shea Weber fans might want to now how his PP performance has been this year, no?

I have no problems with Thomas, Kreider and Hagelin cause from watching them they've proved to me that they are legit prospects who will make this club sooner rather than later. Can't say the same for Hugh.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 03:56 PM
  #221
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
By providing facts??

How is it not important that he has 2 PP points in his teams last 30 games !? The Shea Weber fans might want to now how his PP performance has been this year, no?

I have no problems with Thomas, Kreider and Hagelin cause from watching them they've proved to me that they are legit prospects who will make this club sooner rather than later. Can't say the same for Hugh.
Thank you for confirming everything I pointed out.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
  #222
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
By providing facts??

How is it not important that he has 2 PP points in his teams last 30 games !? The Shea Weber fans might want to now how his PP performance has been this year, no?

I have no problems with Thomas, Kreider and Hagelin cause from watching them they've proved to me that they are legit prospects who will make this club sooner rather than later. Can't say the same for Hugh.
I honestly think it's good and fair to keep in mind little caveats like what you say but you do it so often and it's so uneven b/c neither you nor anyone does this for ANY other prospect that it just comes off as trolling and childish. It's pretty clear you can't let go of the pick that you don't like and it's kinda scary how obsessed you are...if I were McI i'd file a restraining order to be honest.

JimmyStart* is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
  #223
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Thank you for confirming everything I pointed out.


You are one delusional doggie

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
  #224
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
I honestly think it's good and fair to keep in mind little caveats like what you say but you do it so often and it's so uneven b/c neither you nor anyone does this for ANY other prospect that it just comes off as trolling and childish. It's pretty clear you can't let go of the pick that you don't like and it's kinda scary how obsessed you are...if I were McI i'd file a restraining order to be honest.


Exactly, same standard should be applied to other prospects if these "facts" are so important.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
03-02-2011, 04:13 PM
  #225
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
I honestly think it's good and fair to keep in mind little caveats like what you say but you do it so often and it's so uneven b/c neither you nor anyone does this for ANY other prospect that it just comes off as trolling and childish. It's pretty clear you can't let go of the pick that you don't like and it's kinda scary how obsessed you are...if I were McI i'd file a restraining order to be honest.

I can't stop bringing up the evidence to indite this Sather led regime, that is true.

This pick was contested by many, not just me.

Like I said, I'll continue to give the facts, I'll assess his year when its over.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.