HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other) *Part 4*

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2011, 10:21 PM
TheRedViper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Thomas scored in the shootout too, but they lost.
It was a nice SO goal too. =)

Old
02-28-2011, 07:49 AM
eco's bones

Nice fight by Maggio vs. Gudbranson in the Oshawa-Kingston game. Maggio handled himself really well.

Old
03-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Zil

McIlrath with 2 assists tonight.

Old
03-01-2011, 10:23 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Probably against a weak opponent or I'm sure he took some penalties to mitigate those assists, so they don't really count towards anything.

Old
03-01-2011, 11:04 PM
AdamGravesNight

Send a message via AIM to AdamGravesNight Send a message via Yahoo to AdamGravesNight
Quote:
Always nice to hear. I can't wait for them to get him ready for the bigs. The real question to me is though, how many hits did he have?

Old
03-01-2011, 11:11 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamGravesNight View Post
Always nice to hear. I can't wait for them to get him ready for the bigs. The real question to me is though, how many hits did he have?
And what was his TOI. Honestly everything the stats DONT tell us.

And Wolfgaze, Regina happens to be a horrible team.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:56 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Probably against a weak opponent or I'm sure he took some penalties to mitigate those assists, so they don't really count towards anything.
Of course, you don't even have to look at this point

Regina, 19th in a 22 team league.

And those were secondary assists, neither on the power play.

Old
03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
The Rangers and Hurricanes are the only two teams to have not signed a single one of their 2009 draft picks.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=885301

Kreider, Werek, Bourque, Stajcer, Maggio, Pashnin are all up for contract. I imagine Stajcer and Maggio will be let go. Not sure on Pashnin.

Old
03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
The Rangers and Hurricanes are the only two teams to have not signed a single one of their 2009 draft picks.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=885301

Kreider, Werek, Bourque, Stajcer, Maggio, Pashnin are all up for contract. I imagine Stajcer and Maggio will be let go. Not sure on Pashnin.
If they don't sign Stajcer, they really, really need to be looking at the top FA college netminders.

Speaking of FA targets, it looks like Shinnimin has cooled off and averaged less than a PPG in Feb. (Although he did go 1-1-2 in his first game this month.)

Old
03-02-2011, 02:54 PM
TheRedViper

Maggio has apparently been doing decent in Oshawa, maybe he earns himself a contract?

Old
03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
If they don't sign Stajcer, they really, really need to be looking at the top FA college netminders.

Speaking of FA targets, it looks like Shinnimin has cooled off and averaged less than a PPG in Feb. (Although he did go 1-1-2 in his first game this month.)
Talbot, Johnson will do for now, since we have another year of Biron.

Kinkaid will graduate the end of next year and they can sign him up then, if either CJ or Talbot has left or is set to become the new backup.

Grumet-Morris is also another possible signing, but we do have a limit that we're gonna get closer and closer to.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:07 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Of course, you don't even have to look at this point

Regina, 19th in a 22 team league.

And those were secondary assists, neither on the power play.

Nobody takes your criticism seriously anyway... So continue on.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Nobody takes your criticism seriously anyway... So continue on.
Where's the criticism? I gave you FACTS.

You can't handle the truth !

Old
03-02-2011, 03:10 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Where's the criticism? I gave you FACTS.

You can't handle the truth !
How many of Cam Fowler's assists this season are secondary assists vs. weak opponents? How many of Chris Kreider or Christian Thomas' assists this season are secondary assists? Oh wait, you don't care... You only hold McIlrath to that standard... Get over it. You want to critique prospects? Hold them all to the same standard... You don't, so no one can take those agenda based criticisms seriously, and they don't...

Old
03-02-2011, 03:13 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Read last week about Stajcer returning from hip surgery this late month. He has started skating. Taking shots. Nothing major.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
How many of Cam Fowler's assists this season are secondary assists vs. weak opponents? How many of Chris Kreider or Christian Thomas' assists this season are secondary assists? Oh wait, you don't care... You only hold McIlrath to that standard... Get over it. You want to critique prospects? Hold them all to the same standard... You don't, so no one can take those agenda based criticisms seriously, and they don't...
Once again, its not me mentioning Fowler, never do actually unless he's brought up by you are someone else who feels the need to defend the pick.

Again, I gave you facts, where's the criticism?

The only agenda I've ever had was to provide more and more facts/proof that our current regime is way overdue for a change. Its all about the regime, I always root for anyone who plays in our Organization, especially the amateurs.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:25 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Once again, its not me mentioning Fowler, never do actually unless he's brought up by you are someone else who feels the need to defend the pick.

The only agenda I've ever had was to provide more and more facts/proof that our current regime is way overdue for a change. Its all about the regime, I always root for anyone who plays in our Organization, especially the amateurs.
Again you avoided my point... How come you don't mention any other prospect's secondary assists or penalties when other users report their production? You have an agenda to trash the McIlrath pick at all costs... If you didn't, you wouldn't continually bring up things like secondary assists, weak opponents, and penalties, because you don't do that for any other prospect of ours.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Again you avoided my point... How come you don't mention any other prospect's secondary assists or penalties when other users report their production? You have an agenda to trash the pick at all costs...
I'm pretty sure many others mentions not only those other players and their points but also how they got them, its not just me doing all the evaluating in this thread.

I was not a fan of the Mcilrath pick, well known by now. But does that mean when others provide info that I can't back that up with deeper details than just the point/PIM total? We get people here every weekend that see Thomas, Kreider, Hagelin actually play and they give some detailed analysis, but very little on Mcilrath.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:41 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I'm pretty sure many others mentions not only those other players and their points but also how they got them, its not just me doing all the evaluating in this thread.
Nope... People report goals and assists... They dont' go out of their way to point out secondary assists to somehow mitigate their importance, and nobody reports on penalties the prospects took... Nobody goes out of their way to mention the strength of the opponent's team either...

You only make it a point about McIlrath because you have an agenda to trash the pick at all costs...

Quote:
But does that mean when others provide info that I can't back that up with deeper details than just the point/PIM total?
Hello? Have you read any of my posts? The whole POINT is that you only do this for McIlrath an no one else... When was the last time you pointed out the penalties of any other prospect? When was the last time you informed us that the reported assists by another user were actually secondary and were mitigated by the fact that they didn't come on the PP?

This is called an agenda, and it's not appreciated. Your slogan should be "Unfair & Unbalanced".

Old
03-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

This is called an agenda, and it's not appreciated. Your slogan should be "Unfair & Unbalanced".
By providing facts??

How is it not important that he has 2 PP points in his teams last 30 games !? The Shea Weber fans might want to now how his PP performance has been this year, no?

I have no problems with Thomas, Kreider and Hagelin cause from watching them they've proved to me that they are legit prospects who will make this club sooner rather than later. Can't say the same for Hugh.

Old
03-02-2011, 03:56 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
By providing facts??

How is it not important that he has 2 PP points in his teams last 30 games !? The Shea Weber fans might want to now how his PP performance has been this year, no?

I have no problems with Thomas, Kreider and Hagelin cause from watching them they've proved to me that they are legit prospects who will make this club sooner rather than later. Can't say the same for Hugh.
Thank you for confirming everything I pointed out.

Old
03-02-2011, 04:06 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
By providing facts??

I honestly think it's good and fair to keep in mind little caveats like what you say but you do it so often and it's so uneven b/c neither you nor anyone does this for ANY other prospect that it just comes off as trolling and childish. It's pretty clear you can't let go of the pick that you don't like and it's kinda scary how obsessed you are...if I were McI i'd file a restraining order to be honest.

Old
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Thank you for confirming everything I pointed out.

You are one delusional doggie

Old
03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
I honestly think it's good and fair to keep in mind little caveats like what you say but you do it so often and it's so uneven b/c neither you nor anyone does this for ANY other prospect that it just comes off as trolling and childish. It's pretty clear you can't let go of the pick that you don't like and it's kinda scary how obsessed you are...if I were McI i'd file a restraining order to be honest.

Exactly, same standard should be applied to other prospects if these "facts" are so important.

Old
03-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post

I can't stop bringing up the evidence to indite this Sather led regime, that is true.

This pick was contested by many, not just me.

Like I said, I'll continue to give the facts, I'll assess his year when its over.

Closed Thread