HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Player of the Game & The Good, The Bad, The Redden: Game #65 vs. Buffalo Sabres

View Poll Results: Player of the Game: Game #65 vs. Buffalo Sabres
Artem Anisimov 12 13.79%
Brian Boyle 0 0%
Ryan Callahan 6 6.90%
Erik Christensen 3 3.45%
Brandon Dubinsky 2 2.30%
Henrik Lundqvist 2 2.30%
Bryan McCabe 9 10.34%
Ryan McDonagh 47 54.02%
Michael Sauer 1 1.15%
Derek Stepan 0 0%
Other 5 5.75%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2011, 03:19 PM
  #276
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Not comParing him to MSL but do you think Calgary thought the same thing about MSL when they gave up on him . MZA will never be as good as MSL a future hall of famer but he has what it takes to play in the NHL .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:37 PM
  #277
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
I'm glad you don't even have your own thoughts but just copy and paste my response and insert your ramblings where it fits your purpose. The coach is failing, he is not motivating or coaching properly. This team misses open nets constantly, takes dumb untimely penalties often (Michael Sauer and Brandon Dubinsky in particular), has an inability to properly dump and chase, this team cannot complete an outlet pass to save their lives, and comes out flat to start almost every game. The coach has not been able to make any proper adjustments since January. He is failing, Period.

Really you think players who deserved to be benched or receive less time have gotten it? Sauer and Dubi take terrible penalties once a game and rarely ever take a seat, has Girardi been benched for his awful play as of late? What about Zucc who has really been fighting it until this past game where he had multiple chances but couldn't buy a goal? They finally started reducing Prust's icetime and he probably shouldn't even be playing as he doesn't look like the same player from a few months ago. Lets not even start on Gilroy. Yet Eminger has been scratched for games, makes perfect sense to you right?

The failings are the supporting cast like EC, Prospal, Feds, and Rozy? Are you F**cking kidding me? Fedotenko has done nothing wrong but as a 3rd line player his injury should not make or break our season, if you think our season rests with Ruslan Fedotenko you are high. EC is another player who shouldn't have much to do with our failings or success, he is not a key component of this team, never has been, never will be. Prospal was not even supposed to play, and he got benched, Torts actually did something instead of his usual nothing. Rozy was good this season, the record since we traded him shows we have not been as good, but I am fine with kids getting more time and seeing how Wolski turns out.

What I am not fine with is a team who comes out flat every game, falls behind, takes dumb penalties, and comes up short a goal every game. This is not growing pains, Torts and Sullivan are not teaching anything, not making any changes, they are not even pushing these kids. That is the problem, that is the new Torts Laissez Faire coaching philosophy, I see you are a fan and it makes sense cause you drink the lets just go with youth Kool aid. The Islanders have been going with youth for years, without a proper coach and proper management they will never grow into anything. This team plays hard in the 3rd period when they are trying to catch up. There are so many things wrong that counteract the good that is going with a young lineup. Until there are serious changes, we will keep losing due to inept coaching and poor decision making.
Oh no i copied one sentence because it fit! Lol ramblings my god you actually read that as ramblings ? Again comprehension fail by you. I'm saying this is a rookie team these are growing pains and since the rooks have overachieved coaching deserves the nod for that. Unfortunately as I bolded injuries and vet failings have killed this team. Are you really too dense to realize that? Hmm lesse I make a list featuring Fed along with prospal, EC, Drury, Roszi, Gabs, and I forget if I included him but Frolov too and you focus on Feds and EC on that list? Do you reaaaally not realize this team is struggling b/c of Drury's utter wasted season combined with gabs missed games/struggles and Roszi's missed games combined with the failings and missed games of those other vets...Again you seem to be unable to comprehend meaning and I'm sorry man but I can't be literal and hold your hand. It's not that hard to figure out.

We're loaded with rooks and soph's. They have almost to a tee overperformed. A team that should have been bottom 3 in the league has been a 7th all year. You consider this a failure...Yes applauding rookies and soph';s for winning all season without much vet help is drinking Kool aid... Do me a favor go read the poll I posted. Nobody thinks our young guys have underperformed. All I'm saying is that they have overperformed. I did not say we are winning the cup but I said it's reasonable to believe there will be improvement. Learn to read please. Eminger has been passed around the league for a reason. On the same token the few games Eminger was scratched for did not have much of an impact overall on the season and you are embarassing yourself with this arguement. torts is bad b/c he mishandled Eminger!!! What a joke.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 03:47 PM
  #278
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter and wendy View Post
No one's ever gonna blame the kids, because no one's ever allowed to.
We've been murdering Gilroy and MDZ all season and where the were you all season especially the last few weeks for AA? Problem is when the people wh0 don;t know what they're talking about start talkign about the rooks as if they're vets and a re making horrific generalizations like that MZA not scoring last night shows he's just not a champion. Wth is that garbage? That's where it goes from reasonable to unwarranted and foolish. Some are insinuating b/c we aren't winning THIS year when they are rookies that they will all fail in the future. really? Did Crosby win as a rookie? How many years were Toews and kane in before they won (with Byuf, Seabrook, Keith, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
And that is 100% John Tortorella's fault. It is not the kids fault.

Young teams play well often, not always, but often -- but when the game is to be decided, they usually do not have it. Kids in the NHL aren't 1like 16 y/o in Juniors who are clueless where to be on the ice and what to do. Guys like Sauer, McD, MDZ, Stepan and co are not clueless. Listening to the Torts-backers it sounds like a miricle that this young team is just able to find their way to the ice et c, thats just 100% BS IMO....
Nowhere did I see anyone even remotely imply this. All i saw was people say the rook's and young guys are failing to find the back of the net but that this makes sense because they are rooks and young guys and it's ridiculous to blame torts because rooks are finally struggling... Thats vastly different from what you claim to have read.

Also Torts HAS messed up at times but like with janerix pointing out mishandling Eminger well really who gives a crap? Mishandling Eminger is mishandling, it is a mistake but really is it big enough to complain this much about? Problem is you people clearly want to look smart and place blame and identify the team's problems and solutions b/c you're impatient. But the problem is not a quick fix. it's not a coaching change, it's being young and inexperienced.
2 years from now if we can't play for that 4 seed at LEAST Torts should go.


Last edited by JimmyStart*: 03-02-2011 at 03:55 PM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 04:16 PM
  #279
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,754
vCash: 500
Are we still on the mza hate wagon?

Give it a rest already and back all players.

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 04:26 PM
  #280
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Are we still on the mza hate wagon?

Give it a rest already and back all players.
And thats the other extreme which is just as bad there are def guys who deserve to be ostracized but MZA, Stepan, AA, Cally, these are not those guys

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 05:15 PM
  #281
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post


Oh no i copied one sentence because it fit! Lol ramblings my god you actually read that as ramblings ? Again comprehension fail by you. I'm saying this is a rookie team these are growing pains and since the rooks have overachieved coaching deserves the nod for that. Unfortunately as I bolded injuries and vet failings have killed this team. Are you really too dense to realize that? Hmm lesse I make a list featuring Fed along with prospal, EC, Drury, Roszi, Gabs, and I forget if I included him but Frolov too and you focus on Feds and EC on that list? Do you reaaaally not realize this team is struggling b/c of Drury's utter wasted season combined with gabs missed games/struggles and Roszi's missed games combined with the failings and missed games of those other vets...Again you seem to be unable to comprehend meaning and I'm sorry man but I can't be literal and hold your hand. It's not that hard to figure out.

We're loaded with rooks and soph's. They have almost to a tee overperformed. A team that should have been bottom 3 in the league has been a 7th all year. You consider this a failure...Yes applauding rookies and soph';s for winning all season without much vet help is drinking Kool aid... Do me a favor go read the poll I posted. Nobody thinks our young guys have underperformed. All I'm saying is that they have overperformed. I did not say we are winning the cup but I said it's reasonable to believe there will be improvement. Learn to read please. Eminger has been passed around the league for a reason. On the same token the few games Eminger was scratched for did not have much of an impact overall on the season and you are embarassing yourself with this arguement. torts is bad b/c he mishandled Eminger!!! What a joke.
"Again comprehension fail by you" How about typing a proper sentence in english when talking about comprehension failure. Too dense, no i just think you are a moron. Bottom 3 in the league? With Lundqvist as the goalie? Do you even WATCH GAMES? This team is much better than the Islanders, Senators, Panthers, Devils, Thrashers, Leafs, Canes, and Sabres and should be in the playoff picture because this team is deeper than any of those teams listed and has better goaltending then each of them, except maybe the Sabres. And that is just our conference.

I could care less about your poll about how our young guys have under-performed.
Where has Dubinsky been the last 8 games? Taking dumb penalties and failing to score
Zucc? If it isn't a shootout haven't noticed him except making mistakes until yesterday
Anisimov - Invisible until yesterday
Gilroy - HAHAHA, not an NHL d-man
Del Zotto - Belongs in the minors
Girardi - huge fan, but its clear Staal carries him

So Stepan, Sauer, and McDonagh the only players along with Staal and Callahan (4th vets at this point) would be young players who have performed at where they should or better thus far this season.

Torts has done an awful job 4-9-1 since January 25, but you say awesome job because he is playing kids and we come out flat to start every game failing to show up until the 3rd period? I am done debating with someone as dumb as you because this team could just as easily be in 5th place if we actually had a coach who properly motivated this team to show up in the 1st period and made any type of in game adjustments. 8 of those 10 losses by 1 goal... better first period, if torts cuts down on mistakes, gets them to stop making dumb penalties, bad turnovers, we win some of those games, it is really that simple.

The only one who is embarrassing himself is you, i posted a thread days ago Eminger or Gilroy, and Eminger was clearly the winner. My argument, if you knew how to READ, was not the mishandling of Eminger, but that Torts is forcing kids into our lineup like Gilroy and MDZ when they have no business there, they are not NHL caliber defensemen. How he can't see it is beyond me, but apparently he is not alone cause you are right alongside him drinking the kool-aid. Your argument about players being passed over means nothing, so Eminger never fit well anywhere before, he found a home here and deserves to be playing. Sometimes players take time to develop, look at Brian Boyle, we all wrote him off as a bust, he proved us wrong this season. Your logic is asinine just like your posts, I am done with you.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
  #282
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 500
wow

this thread went to hell...

__________________
Sather has...no clue
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
  #283
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Who else loved VS. intro to the game? Where they had the clips of Torts saying the team had BALLS... Showed MZA's shootout move and ended with the Micheletti audio byte "How do you stop that".... Loved it.... Well done... Too bad we lost, lol...

wolfgaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:43 PM
  #284
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard
 
Wraparounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
wow

this thread went to hell...
The sky is falling!

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:38 PM
  #285
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
"Again comprehension fail by you" How about typing a proper sentence in english when talking about comprehension failure. Too dense, no i just think you are a moron. Bottom 3 in the league? With Lundqvist as the goalie? Do you even WATCH GAMES? This team is much better than the Islanders, Senators, Panthers, Devils, Thrashers, Leafs, Canes, and Sabres and should be in the playoff picture because this team is deeper than any of those teams listed and has better goaltending then each of them, except maybe the Sabres. And that is just our conference.

I could care less about your poll about how our young guys have under-performed.
Where has Dubinsky been the last 8 games? Taking dumb penalties and failing to score
Zucc? If it isn't a shootout haven't noticed him except making mistakes until yesterday
Anisimov - Invisible until yesterday
Gilroy - HAHAHA, not an NHL d-man
Del Zotto - Belongs in the minors
Girardi - huge fan, but its clear Staal carries him

So Stepan, Sauer, and McDonagh the only players along with Staal and Callahan (4th vets at this point) would be young players who have performed at where they should or better thus far this season.

Torts has done an awful job 4-9-1 since January 25, but you say awesome job because he is playing kids and we come out flat to start every game failing to show up until the 3rd period? I am done debating with someone as dumb as you because this team could just as easily be in 5th place if we actually had a coach who properly motivated this team to show up in the 1st period and made any type of in game adjustments. 8 of those 10 losses by 1 goal... better first period, if torts cuts down on mistakes, gets them to stop making dumb penalties, bad turnovers, we win some of those games, it is really that simple.

The only one who is embarrassing himself is you, i posted a thread days ago Eminger or Gilroy, and Eminger was clearly the winner. My argument, if you knew how to READ, was not the mishandling of Eminger, but that Torts is forcing kids into our lineup like Gilroy and MDZ when they have no business there, they are not NHL caliber defensemen. How he can't see it is beyond me, but apparently he is not alone cause you are right alongside him drinking the kool-aid. Your argument about players being passed over means nothing, so Eminger never fit well anywhere before, he found a home here and deserves to be playing. Sometimes players take time to develop, look at Brian Boyle, we all wrote him off as a bust, he proved us wrong this season. Your logic is asinine just like your posts, I am done with you.
How bout since you're a supposedly intelligent person you can figure it out. You really are that dense...wow. So lemme get this traight us being a 7th seed right now is all because of Lundqvist...and you're asking if I'M watching the games? We ARE better than all those teams but where did any1 even question that? I gave a reasonf FOR it. Which is how well the young guys have done and that's in part due to their talent and to coaching. You sound like a blind fool. Ask almost anyone before the season if they thought we'd be in this position after everything that's happenned injury wise and lineup wise and I guarantee you nobody would have pegged us as even near the PO's. So why are we in this position then? Hmmmmm

Again you say the young guys failed and so do several others but it's just wrong. Of course you could care less about the informed opinions of the board because you're dense.
Just reading your season long synopsis of each player proves what I've been saying. You're looking at less than half the season b/c it's been bad for those players and extrapolating that over the course of the whole season. AA and MZA are anything but invisible. They aren't scoring. But stats are not everything. if you actually watch the games you'd know both are good players. There is a big difference between being young and not being good. We are looking at young guys with SCORING trouble. Seriously you pick out Gilroy and MDZ that's all you can pick out and as I've said "Almost all have overperfomed" almost all. So I agree with you those two have been miserable. But that does not mean all these other guys have been.

Girardi was carried by Staal? Who the hell cares what does this have to do with whether or not the youth are stepping up? I think it's just a tad more important that when the two are paired together they shut teams down, period. You could pair Staal with a nobody from the ECHL and the pair would suck. Fact is those two shut lines down all year. Girardi got the job done with Staal ALL YEAR. Again you're blind and dense if you're seriously implying his play over the last two weeks means he's failed the whole season and if that's not your point than you should not have even borught Girardi up.

Put it this way for as long as Staal's been out Girardi's been worse but Staal also hasn't done anything so does this mean Staal has had a bad season to? The logic fail is unparalleled.

So lemme get this striaght according to you Torts is measured only by the bad month we've had, Girardi is measured by the bad two weeks he's had without Staal, MZA is bad b/c he doesn't score goals enough (Despite the fact he's got as many pts as Frolov in about 20 less games AND is a rookie AND constantly generates offensive chances). Gilroy sucks and MDZ sucks which somehow means most of the young guys on the team have failed and Dubs breaking his leg and not being able to score as much means he's failed too despite leading the team in scoring and likely setting a new career pts high with half the season ahmpered by a broken leg............Is there a word beyond dense?

YET ANOTHER comprehension fail by you. I said Torts mishandled Eminger I agreed. Did you really not see that? But I also said so the heck what? It's steve friggin eminger. Torts mishandling eminger...one mistake...a very small 3rd pairing mistake btw...does not equate to a bad season. Not to mention the future of this team is not Eminger, it's MDZ and Gilroy as a soph who had shown marked improvement earned some ice time at that point. Stepan struggled to score and struggled with his overall game but Torts gave him some time, did not make him a healthy scratch and STep worked his way out of it without hurting the team at all. This beats mishandling Eminger 1000 times over. MDZ was given a chnace to work through his struggles too and when he didn't he was sent down...let's not forget the need to use MDZ at all with Gil was because of the injury barrage we've had. Yet again our bad month has been injury plus lack of vet availability.

A team of rookies and soph's failing to score goals and win games for just a month does not even come close to canceling out the whole season. Again you are too dense to put these smaller sample sizes into context of a whole season or the growth curve that a rookie will have over a few seasons.


Last edited by JimmyStart*: 03-03-2011 at 12:45 PM.
JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.