HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier starts against Phoenix...

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2011, 05:37 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
Quick has been lousy vs the Coyotes this season. I don't mind this move by TM.
Agree. Not a bad time to change something up against a team the Kings as a group seem to have trouble with. This is why a team that has two capable goaltenders has an advantage as the season wears on.

Good luck to JB, hoping for a repeat of the performance he put on against Nashville last season.

Old
03-02-2011, 05:38 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
If it goes to a shootout, I think Bernier will be more aggressive. He HAS to be. But it's time for Bernier to start again - he needs to work and Quick needs the rest.

Lose one reg game and slip from 5th to 8th ?!?!?! WTH?

Hate to say it, but Thur vs PHX is (almost) a must-win game. (in regulation!)

And Since I"ll be there Sat. vs. VAN, that is definitely a must-win game.
A Chicago win tonight pushes the Kings into 9th.

Old
03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
fsanford

Maybe the end of the Colorado game really got into Quick's head, especially that last goal where he went behind the net to play that puck while the Avs had lots of offensive pressure.

Maybe it carried over into the Detroit game.

Old
03-02-2011, 05:41 PM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
How do you figure? Chicago and Calgary are ahead of us aren't they?

Old
03-02-2011, 05:42 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
You must be thinking of the Wild.

Chicago's game won't push the Kings to ninth.

Old
03-02-2011, 05:44 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Yeah I was looking at it funny, nevermind.

Old
03-02-2011, 05:45 PM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
You must be thinking of the Wild.

Chicago's game won't push the Kings to ninth.
Even if the Wild win do they pass us since we would have 1 less game played?

I know its weird but this seems like 1 night where we cannot move down and can only move up if Calgary were to beat Chicago in regulation.

Old
03-02-2011, 05:59 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

... j/k ... or am I ?

Old
03-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I think the Phoenix game will be as close to a playoff game as you can get, and probably can expect that type of intensity for the rest of the Divisional games. I thought Quick would continue to start given his ability to bounce back, but two games in a row where he looked off. The third period of the avalanche game, he absolutely was off and it carried over into the Red Wings game.

Quick will work in practice and look at the tape with Ranford and Hextall. Get refocused and press the reset button. We'll need both goalies to come through.
Truth.

Especially coming off three losses. Did you see Tippets expression after the hook in the offensive zone last night? Priceless. The 'Yotes will have had their ***** shaved close today and they'll be hopping in the first. Let's see how young Jonathan handles it.

Nice call on the Quick reset button. This is such a young team.

The Wings game really played out the difference in veteran play and they're, what, six or seven years older in experience? It shows.

Old
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
KingLB

Why do I get the feeling this board is gonna be unbearable once one of these goalies gets traded.....

Old
03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
... j/k ... or am I ?
What's with the j/k. That was funny, because it is so true.

Old
03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Why do I get the feeling this board is gonna be unbearable once one of these goalies gets traded.....
Luckily you probably won't have to worry about that for a few years. I'd be pissed if they traded either of them any time soon. There is zero reason to. Collectively they make less than your average #1 and they aren't likely to return anything worth what their value to the Kings is.

Old
03-02-2011, 06:46 PM
santiclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post

It's a division game in March. Quick is a big game goalie. Bernier's a wild card.
The rest of the Kings' games this season are within the conference. They're all big.

Old
03-02-2011, 08:16 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
Luckily you probably won't have to worry about that for a few years. I'd be pissed if they traded either of them any time soon. There is zero reason to. Collectively they make less than your average #1 and they aren't likely to return anything worth what their value to the Kings is.
That's what Lombardi indicated in his post-deadline speech and Kings have an awesome deal on both Goaltenders.

Besides, the answer of who the future is always going to be how far can Quick take the Kings? He has to perform in the tough games and in the playoffs. That's the bottom line.

Old
03-02-2011, 08:21 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
... j/k ... or am I ?
... Of course you're not joking because you do this all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
What's with the j/k. That was funny, because it is so true.
... I've pointed out time after time where you couldn't blame Quick on goals he's given up as well. It's convenient to ignore that, though.

Honestly, part of the fun of seeing Bernier get starts is to see how ******** certain people on here get about it. It's not like Quick is being threatened here, right? Terry Murray would have to be fired before anyone else is the Kings' #1 goalie, so why the need to act like a jilted lover when he has to sit down for a game here and there?

Old
03-02-2011, 08:30 PM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I'm not a fan of this decision. Quick responds well after bad games. The only other time he was pulled this season (during a 6-4 loss to Phoenix) he followed that up with a 1-0 loss vs. San Jose.

Sandwiched in between those two games was the 7-4 abomination vs. Philadelphia ... where Bernier was pulled.

"The Kings made it through 39 regular-season games, dating to last season, without pulling their starting goaltender from the game. It has now happened twice in the last two games. First, Jonathan Quick was pulled in the second period of Wednesday’s loss to Phoenix, after he allowed six goals on 24 shots. Then, Jonathan Bernier was pulled in the second period of Thursday’s loss to Philadelphia, after he allowed six goals on 22 shots."

It's a division game in March. Quick is a big game goalie. Bernier's a wild card.

Hopefully it's the right move.
Yep not a fan either. It's one freakin game and I think Quick will be ready for the challange.

Old
03-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Kingurentai

I feel that we have a great #1 and a good backup. But I'd like to see Bernier have a "Quick in Tigerblood Warlock F-18 mode" type game soon, being the prodigy that he is supposed to be.

At best so far, all we've seen is "solid" (not that that is a bad thing, just nothing worth the hype yet)

Old
03-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

I heard Penner was going to play goal. He was also going to take all 6 of the top 6 forward positions and coach the team...after playing the top 2 defensive roles and killing a couple of penalties all by himself, while scoring a short handed goal and taking a few of the ice girls between periods and...maybe I misunderstood.

Old
03-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Since the lockout, how many goalies that have played 60+ games have won a Cup? I believe the answer is none. Perhaps I am wrong. Someone can check it. The point is this: You cannot wear your goaltender out during the regular season and then expect him to perform to high standards in the playoffs - not in this NHL anymore. Quick looked exhausted in the playoffs and out of sync. It is in the Kings' best interest to have Bernier play more games, win them and gain experience along the way. NOTHING is more important to the Kings' success in the post season than a fresh and sharp Quick with an equally sharp and ready Bernier.

Old
03-03-2011, 12:48 AM
SMoneyMonkey

I love all the Quick fans trying to troll the Bernier fans. Always nice to see that, as a fanbase, we're very separated and childish. Ah well, I'm sure I missed out on a lot of the opposite in the last GDT.

Hopefully Bernier can give us a big win and Quick can get his head back in the game for the playoff stretch... And the playoffs, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
Honestly, part of the fun of seeing Bernier get starts is to see how ******** certain people on here get about it. It's not like Quick is being threatened here, right? Terry Murray would have to be fired before anyone else is the Kings' #1 goalie, so why the need to act like a jilted lover when he has to sit down for a game here and there?
It is rather funny. I'm trying to figure out who thinks Quick is better: The Bernier fans who point out every little flaw, or the Quick fans who seem so insecure in defending them. I'm starting to think it's the former. Which I find hilarious

Old
03-03-2011, 01:00 AM
yankeeking

this is a big game for many reasons and one is now that DL got them some help they have to respond and will step up their play and JB will benefit from that and if he plays well you know Quick responds well to competition and will bring his A game against Vancouver......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................please let them play well please let them play well please let them play well

Old
03-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Is Quick the less filling to Bernier's tastes great?

Old
03-03-2011, 01:29 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Is Quick the less filling to Bernier's tastes great?
Nope, too easy.

To quote Zad

Old
03-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I don't see how anyone can be complaining about either goaltender. Would you like to fly Ersberg back to LA?... Makes no sense, both are capable goaltenders, and are a big reason to our high-end defensive statistics. I am confident in both goaltenders and their abilities, not to mention am very happy with the fact that we have them both for another two seasons after this run.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
03-03-2011, 01:39 AM
kingdoughty

not enough faith in bernier from some of u guys...

Closed Thread