Notices

Lane Macdermid

Old
03-02-2011, 06:08 PM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
Savard anyone? Too early to be guessing what the line up next year's gonna look like, too many question marks surrounding the team.
The fan in me wants Savy to come back, and I don't know if he is officially done this year or not, but I would think it would be cool if he could come back (only if 100 %) this year and help out on the PP and get like 8 min a night but only if the B's were to win the SC.

All that said, I tend to think he will retire.

His last concussion he sat out about 6 a month then played in the
playoffs, but didn't play well. Then he had the summer off wanted to come back at the start of the season and had to shut down.
Then he waited another 2 or 3 months, came back and played
terrible for a month or so before this last concussion.

Everyone has a different time table, but if you look at Bergeron, and how it took him basically 3 years to come back and be his former self is Savard really going to go through all that. It would mean he would be 37 when he hits stride, again assuming the same time table as Patrice. Then you also have to look at the game he plays. If he isn't scoring/assisting he really isn't helping the team a whole lot. At least with Patrice, when he wasn't scoring, there were other areas where he helped the team out.

I really think he hurts the B's big time if he doesn't retire.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote